Maintenance: June 30, 2020

CommunityTeam

I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric

No need to waste time punishing players because you guys f*cked up again. Spend that time fixing bugs instead.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to waste time punishing players because you guys f*cked up again. Spend that time fixing bugs instead.

Really? So let hackers, and exploiters away with doing **** like this? Hell no, most of us are decent players, we see an issue that can be exploited, we don't do it, and we report it, it's the decent thing to do. People that take advantage like that, deserve to be punished, and not let off easily

Considering that was a day after maintenance last week since maintenance was on Wednesday last week instead of Tuesday and plus they responded on the 26th if you noticed on the page, but whatever. With everything they have done with that bug, the log on bug and other items they just don't seem to want people to play.

well you can be pretty sure that is not the case. No idea how they handle sprints (1 week, 2 weeks, etc) in my work, unless that completely broke something it would be researched then prioritized into the soonest available sprint. Sorry your having the problem. BTW not suggesting you should be happy with it. Just adding some background.

I don't want to speak too specifically about account action at this time until we get a better scope of who exploited and to what degree. As with any exploit, the team will conduct an investigation and take appropriate action against individuals that abused it. I can circle back with more details though once that is concluded (I wouldn't expect it this week).

-eric

TL;DR you guys aren't doing anything and your investigation as always will be half a.... I have reported numerous times the tech frag exploit, even going to the head community manager at Bioware Dan Steed and that still isn't fixed. You guys still haven't taken away peoples achievements who exploited SNV back in March but pulled every single crest back (LOL). You guys are an embarrassment when it comes to monitoring your own game and preventing exploits from ruining it.

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on June 30, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1.2a.

Details:

DATE: June 30, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PDT (1300 - 1500 UTC)

VERSION: 6.1.2a

Patch notes are available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

I got the update installed and yet it still is updating in the main game and I can’t access my main lvl 75 character. It’s been an hour and half and it’s still at zero percent. What’s going on?

With everything they have done with that bug, the log on bug and other items they just don't seem to want people to play.

That seems to be my conclusion too.

BIOWARE There are A LOT OF PLAYERS WHO CANT PLAY at the moment who want to because of these “actual” game breaking bugs or who CANT EVEN LOGIN.

WHEN WILL THESE BUGS BE FIXED?

All my Alts are female and I’ve never seen that. Is it a rare bug or can you make it happen on demand?

Depends on your playstyle. Go to Ziost and do the scanning daily and it will happen. Even doing a mission on Makeb it happens. Haven't tried it anywhere else as I got tired of if so stopped playing.

I had a week off before my new classes start and this happens so no playing for me. I am very close on quitting and I normally can overlook things but enough is enough.

Edited by casirabit

Depends on your playstyle. Go to Ziost and do the scanning daily and it will happen. Even doing a mission on Makeb it happens. Haven't tried it anywhere else as I got tired of if so stopped playing.

I had a week off before my new classes start and this happens so no playing for me. I am very close on quitting and I normally can overlook things but enough is enough.

Oh damn. Ok, I’ll have to see if I can replicate this as it’s a really terrible bug.

And I can completely understand why you’d want to quit. Everyone has a breaking point and Bioware seem to want to push EVERYONE past it.

Sometimes I feel like playing this game is the ultimate experiment in how to troll players to make them quit.

All my Alts are female and I’ve never seen that. Is it a rare bug or can you make it happen on demand?

Happens on all my female alts when they do any action that requires a long loading bar. For example clicking on lore objects, or scanning stuff.

Really? So let hackers, and exploiters away with doing **** like this? Hell no, most of us are decent players, we see an issue that can be exploited, we don't do it, and we report it, it's the decent thing to do. People that take advantage like that, deserve to be punished, and not let off easily

I mean, it should be their reward for actually being able to log in to the damn game.

TL;DR you guys aren't doing anything and your investigation as always will be half a.... I have reported numerous times the tech frag exploit, even going to the head community manager at Bioware Dan Steed and that still isn't fixed. You guys still haven't taken away peoples achievements who exploited SNV back in March but pulled every single crest back (LOL). You guys are an embarrassment when it comes to monitoring your own game and preventing exploits from ruining it.

Don't forget about the companion gifts bug that ruined the whole economy in this game, people stole billions and very few (if so) was punished :)

Don't forget about the companion gifts bug that ruined the whole economy in this game, people stole billions and very few (if so) was punished :)

Exactly. The things they are classifying as important are dumb. But what can you expect from a group of dev's who don't pay attention to their own game and don't listen to their player base. But hey, when you have people selling tech frags, then turning around and selling the credits they are getting to credit farmers for real cash and the dev's do nothing about it, what should we expect at this point? The dev's lack of action on things that are actually important is what has turned this game into garbage, when it could be so good.

It happens to me on all my female toons on certain heroics where you have to scan things, and sometimes while clicking on other blue clicky things.

Seen it at the end of the Tython JK storyline when clicking on the Forge to make my lightsaber too

It happens to me on all my female toons on certain heroics where you have to scan things, and sometimes while clicking on other blue clicky things.

Seen it at the end of the Tython JK storyline when clicking on the Forge to make my lightsaber too

happened for me when I was doing the zoit weekly, on the mission where you have to scan the bodies...lol

don't forget about certain players who took advantage of the dye bug,admitted it on the forums, they are still around, and still selling dyes, the same dyes on SF.

happened for me when I was doing the zoit weekly, on the mission where you have to scan the bodies...lol

Happened to me on Ossus, that daily where you burn Jedi books in the temple ruins. I imagine that's some fast-acting karma. Ghostly yodas going all "Oh no, Sith filth you... punish you the Force shall..." SNAP

Hey folks,

First off, apologies for the up and down this morning. The last thing we want to do is bring the game out of maintenance to have to bring it back down again. As some of you alluded to, what we discovered is that a variety of consumable items were not actually being removed upon use. This included both Reputation items and Renown consumables. Being how a player could effectively infinitely redeem these items (or to the weekly cap for Reputation) we needed to bring the game down to address this.

These items once again are working as intended. Also, a big thank you to all of you as we were quickly flooded with reports of the consumables acting in an unintended way. This allowed us to isolate and address the issue quickly.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey Eric, where have you been?

The forum is burning to the ground the the communication on it is so poor...

What about the rest of the problems and bugs this game have?

Where is the updated RoadMap of content for this game?

And how about you tell us the thruth of how small is the team working on swtor?

I could go on and on... but for now i just stay with this topics...

Best Regards,

LPC

The Swoop Rally Champion mission is daily repeatable but I can't obtain the quest again it seems, and the conquest objective for the mission is literally named "Swoop Rally Champion - Weekly Mission" despite being flagged as a daily repeatable mission... Which is it?