Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

Reeny

Regarding Malgus, it's been proven in the SW universe that if you fall down a shaft on a ship or station, you will not die (Sources: Luke, Darth Maul, Emperor). Keep in mind that before the nerfs, you had to defeat Malgus in False Emperor flashpoint by using a bomb on him when he was near death, which would knock him down into the shaft. The devs later nerfed it because "mechanics are hard."

Also, for fun: http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainment/2670992-darth-malgus-supreme-leader-snoke/

They did not change it because it was hard, but simply because it often bugged out, especially due to an exploit where you could make him jump into the shaft right at the beginning of the fight. They apparently had a lot of trouble fixing that and decided to scrap it entirely.

This is not a case of story considerations or difficulty but rather a simple case of a bug that could not be dealt with, thus we now have him back even though he lies dead on the floor in the flashpoint.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emperor Palpatine survived his fall? I didn't realize he pulled a Thanaton, using Force Lightning to levitate.

If Jadus comes back I think darkside impeiral agent should get to kill him for violating his promises to them in a cowardly retreat to escape being killed by Vitiate, leaving the agen to deal with the Emperor.

Edited by RameiArashi

Emperor Palpatine survived his fall? I didn't realize he pulled a Thanaton, using Force Lightning to levitate.

If Jadus comes back I think darkside impeiral agent should get to kill him for violating his promises to them in a cowardly retreat to escape being killed by Vitiate, leaving the agen to deal with the Emperor.

Can't speak for whatever is in the movie, but in the old EU Palpatine was able to port his spirit into different hosts (sound familiar?) and also had numerous physical clones he'd prepped before RotJ.

Can't speak for whatever is in the movie, but in the old EU Palpatine was able to port his spirit into different hosts (sound familiar?) and also had numerous physical clones he'd prepped before RotJ.

Yeah... when they first began to unfold the entire story of Revan / the emperor / Valkorion / Tenebrae I sort of figured that was where the lore was more or less connected to.

At any rate: Dead should stay DEAD ! ... I can see that! But (like it or not) there seems to be more than one or two mentions of this from more than one source of SW stories. How much of that is considered canon or not ? I have no earthly idea. My knowledge of such things is limited. (just being honest)

How much of that is considered canon or not ? I have no earthly idea. My knowledge of such things is limited. (just being honest)

The old EU (ie, all those storylines with Palpatine's spirit) is no longer considered canon. The SWTOR universe is considered part of Legends, not canon, as well, although a few aspects have crossed over.

The movies are considered canon, and in the prequels Palpatine does talk about learning to escape death from Darth Plagueis.

The old EU (ie, all those storylines with Palpatine's spirit) is no longer considered canon. The SWTOR universe is considered part of Legends, not canon, as well, although a few aspects have crossed over.

The movies are considered canon, and in the prequels Palpatine does talk about learning to escape death from Darth Plagueis.

OK... I remember the part when Palpatine was talking to Anakin about escaping death. And I can see where the rest in defined as "legends" ... makes sense.

TY for clarification !

<Spoiler>

why is Malgus back again???

I killed his sorry butt back then

Extremely lazy and boring to keep bringing back dead people.

Besides...why the heck dont i get to kill his sorry excuse of a darth?

Why do i have to work for him yet again?

FREAKING LAME

Yeah, agree

BW/EA make it for the future like the old Highlander movies. Let us be able to cut the head off. Then they stay dead.

I think this is a case in point where the developers need to not listen to some of the feedback on the forums about wanting Malgus dead again.

One of the biggest issues with SWTOR is the villains get killed off way too quickly.

It made sense early on for the storylines with v Empire, but with a Resurgence and culturally slightly different Empire now, one that is weakened from infighting and is well aware of that being an Achilles heel, having disposable villains seems like a very bad creative writing choice.

What the Empire and the game need now more than ever is continuity. We need a villain that develops into a true big bad and remains that big bad over a long stretch of time in order to give him or her the proper gravitas. And for as long as Malgus is in the game he should remain alive and that big bads number one henchman.

Continuity is desperately needed and long epic stories get span multiple expansion packs is something that could help get this game back on track.

I think there is a far greater sin in the storytelling by BW: traitors!

How many people backstabbed the outlander or betrayed him somehow? Especially those brought in by Lana, who (having been a spymaster) should be a little bit better at spotting betrayal. If you kill them all you are pretty short on allies by the end.

Koth, Senya, Theran, SCORPIO, Acina, Valkorion. Agent Kovach before that and you could count Saresh too

Personally I think it's time for Jadus to make a comeback.

Is someone who already was stated as having the most power in the Empire second to only the emperor. He was the only one with enough foresight to get out of the Galaxy when he assumed the emperor would be eating it all.

And you can easily tie him in with what's been going on.

Makes a dread Masters, who fit in with Jadus ideologically, Jadus's students. Let it be revealed that Jadus sent them to try to take over the Galaxy as his proxy, so Jadus could still remain safely tucked away from the emperor should the emperor win for the dread Masters fail.

That would at least alleviate the issue of Jadus hanging back and doing "nothing" from the time he went into hiding.

Then he intended to sit back and wait for the emperor to make his move, while looking for ways to stop him once the ritual was completed.

Then kotfe happened and after the emperor was finally gone, Jadus began to make his move again. Proxy emperors in vowrown or acina, and Malgus as his own Emperors Wrath.

From there you find out he considers his original doctrine of fear a failure but that he is calculating and is willing to learn from his mistakes. In fact, he considers your alliance a template and is modeling a new Empire after it.

From there you get a cold, calculating, ingenious but also very fair and at times even merciful emperor. Think Grand Admiral thrawn with Force powers.

And as you find this out once you find out Jadus is behind everything, he offers to allow you to join the empire. Even more so if you are an agent who chose to be his hand, as he asks you to turn over your alliance to him and rejoin him at his side having served your purpose while he was away and now he has new missions for you once you are back in the fold.

From there we have the Empire vs Republic with a very tough emperor Jadus at the helm. And during the story arc which would take over multiple expansions, bring up a new generation of Sith, one of whom you will have tapped as having their own intense character development so that way by the time you are ready for Jadus to be taken off the stage, this new character is a believable big bad with a ton of History the players already know.

<Spoiler>

why is Malgus back again???

I killed his sorry butt back then

Extremely lazy and boring to keep bringing back dead people.

Besides...why the heck dont i get to kill his sorry excuse of a darth?

Why do i have to work for him yet again?

FREAKING LAME

Thank you. I wholeheartedly agree.

I remember how annoyed I was when we got the server merger and I learned that I have to play on Darth Malgus server. I started calling it "Loser Malgus" server on this forum for months. He was pathetic and now he is even more. That's the best I can say about him. Everything else would get a lot of * here by the forum system.

I really hope that the expansion finishes him off for good. The galaxy deserves better.

Thank you. I wholeheartedly agree.

I remember how annoyed I was when we got the server merger and I learned that I have to play on Darth Malgus server. I started calling it "Loser Malgus" server on this forum for months. He was pathetic and now he is even more. That's the best I can say about him. Everything else would get a lot of * here by the forum system.

I really hope that the expansion finishes him off for good. The galaxy deserves better.

And I hope they keep him around for years just to piss off you

Edited by ZionHalcyon

I think this is a case in point where the developers need to not listen to some of the feedback on the forums about wanting Malgus dead again.

One of the biggest issues with SWTOR is the villains get killed off way too quickly.

It made sense early on for the storylines with v Empire, but with a Resurgence and culturally slightly different Empire now, one that is weakened from infighting and is well aware of that being an Achilles heel, having disposable villains seems like a very bad creative writing choice.

What the Empire and the game need now more than ever is continuity. We need a villain that develops into a true big bad and remains that big bad over a long stretch of time in order to give him or her the proper gravitas. And for as long as Malgus is in the game he should remain alive and that big bads number one henchman.

Continuity is desperately needed and long epic stories get span multiple expansion packs is something that could help get this game back on track.

I think they should've used Jadus as the "new" big bad instead of zombie Malgus who should've stayed dead.

He was shown to be very dangerous and powerfull and was alive at the end of the class story, so could've been a far better choice than Malgus.

Edited by Goreshaga

I think they should've used Jadus as the "new" big bad instead of zombie Malgus who should've stayed dead.

He was shown to be very dangerous and powerfull and was alive at the end of the class story, so could've been a far better choice than Malgus.

He still yet could be, and would be if he is the one pulling Malgus's strings.

Frankly, I have yet to hear a compelling reason as to why Malgus should be killed off quickly just to sate the small but vocal "he should have stayed dead!" Crowd.

Point is, the majority wanted him back, and you loud vocal minority know you'll still play the game.

Malgus was an olive branch to the story players who left the game, and by THAT community, his return has been generally well received...

I think there is a far greater sin in the storytelling by BW: traitors!

How many people backstabbed the outlander or betrayed him somehow? Especially those brought in by Lana, who (having been a spymaster) should be a little bit better at spotting betrayal. If you kill them all you are pretty short on allies by the end.

Koth, Senya, Theran, SCORPIO, Acina, Valkorion. Agent Kovach before that and you could count Saresh too

Eh, if they never did another betrayal arc again it I'd be very happy. They've played that trope into the ground. Forget about anyone else, the player's character doesn't even see betrayal in front of their nose most of the time. Cases in point:

Sith Inquisitor: Spends Chapter One willingly and naively gathering artifacts for Zash, who tries to kill them and steal their body. Spends the rest of the vanilla story being betrayed by Thanaton's agents. Honestly thinks Ashara won't call the Jedi. :rolleyes:

Agent: Kaliyo. Enough said. Plus Keeper, Jadus, we could go on...

Sith Warrior: Darth Baras and Quinn.

Jedi Consular: Knows the Children of the Emperor are out there and still seems genuinely surprised by all the Children they find.

Trooper: Literally unwittingly aids the first Havoc Squad in their defection.

Everyone: Malgus on Ilum; Arkous and Darok; Valkorion; etc...plus all the times in KOTFE nd KOTET where they actually walk off with complete strangers with no backup. Sure, former Jedi Knight, getting into a private shuttle with the Sith Empress on Dromund Kaas and leaving both of your advisors behind is a wonderful idea!

For characters who are supposed to be intelligent, our PCs walk into a lot of traps.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Disney stuff isn't true canon

Trooper: Literally unwittingly aids the first Havoc Squad in their defection.

It was specifically stated by Tavus himself that he gave your character an order to remain at base because he didn't want your character to get involved in his defection. Also the ZR-57 was sabotaged by the PC and Jorgan anyway, so the big prize to the empire for their defection was nothing more than a radioactive paperweight.

Command realised what was going on anyway, Jorgan should of known because he was there on the team as their support and hence the demotion when it came to who gets the blame, but even Generals Garza and Vander recognise your character did well considering you blundered into that meeting with the defectors with the mounted camera active, which command received and exonerated your character of any wrong doing.

Later it was discovered from Garza that Tavus had this plan in the works a lot longer than your characters brief posting on Ord Mantell anyway, so it is hard to pin your character to being an unwitting agent of theirs.