Things that are Dead should stay DEAD!

Reeny

It was specifically stated by Tavus himself that he gave your character an order to remain at base because he didn't want your character to get involved in his defection. Also the ZR-57 was sabotaged by the PC and Jorgan anyway, so the big prize to the empire for their defection was nothing more than a radioactive paperweight.

Command realised what was going on anyway, Jorgan should of known because he was there on the team as their support and hence the demotion when it came to who gets the blame, but even Generals Garza and Vander recognise your character did well considering you blundered into that meeting with the defectors with the mounted camera active, which command received and exonerated your character of any wrong doing.

Later it was discovered from Garza that Tavus had this plan in the works a lot longer than your characters brief posting on Ord Mantell anyway, so it is hard to pin your character to being an unwitting agent of theirs.

I wasn't saying the trooper was at all complicit, but that it's another example of how many times they've overused the traitor/betrayal trope. For the final defection when they actually leave with the weapon, Tavus did order them to stay behind, but the trooper still does work with them and help set the table for their departure beforehand, having no idea that they're going to defect. The trooper thinks they're new colleagues and has no reason to suspect anything else. There's no reason they would have known, given that they were completely new and didn't know the backstory, but it's just another example of how our characters are completely surprised over and over again by betrayals.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying the trooper was at all complicit, but that it's another example of how many times they've overused the traitor/betrayal trope. For the final defection when they actually leave with the weapon, Tavus did order them to stay behind, but the trooper still does work with them and help set the table for their departure beforehand, having no idea that they're going to defect. The trooper thinks they're new colleagues and has no reason to suspect anything else. There's no reason they would have known, given that they were completely new and didn't know the backstory, but it's just another example of how our characters are completely surprised over and over again by betrayals.

It might just be me personally .. BUT IMO .. in the original (I guess you call it vanilla stories) with the trooper .. That character is expected to "blindly follow orders" unless you take dark side points. And in that respect I got into it with Garza once or twice for not being a patsy !

With that little meeting we had on Rishi with Garza pretty much ended badly for her as a result of what I personally believed was the blind ambition sort of response that Garza was expecting ... but didn't get.

Ummm.. don't quote me too harshly on that ... It has been a few years now since we played that scene !

;)

It might just be me personally .. BUT IMO .. in the original (I guess you call it vanilla stories) with the trooper .. That character is expected to "blindly follow orders" unless you take dark side points. And in that respect I got into it with Garza once or twice for not being a patsy !

With that little meeting we had on Rishi with Garza pretty much ended badly for her as a result of what I personally believed was the blind ambition sort of response that Garza was expecting ... but didn't get.

Ummm.. don't quote me too harshly on that ... It has been a few years now since we played that scene !

;)

Most of the time disobeying Garza actually gets you LS points. :)

At that meeting on Rishi it felt extremely good to be able to finally tell Garza exactly what I thought of her. And as horrible as it might sound, I was so glad about what happened to her

with Zildrog.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Most of the time disobeying Garza actually gets you LS points. :)

At that meeting on Rishi it felt extremely good to be able to finally tell Garza exactly what I thought of her. And as horrible as it might sound, I was so glad about what happened to her

with Zildrog.

Ummm

(Don't look right now... )

But you and agree 100% on that one !

:eek::eek::eek:

I have really nothing against Malgus being back its mostly "How he Came back". Bringing him back in a suitable manner (Even for his scale) I believe has Long Past (Maybe after SOR) now it seems Clunky and Humiliating for possibly SWTORs most liked character (sorry Satele its just this way). Bringing him back now as a servant to an upstart that in themselves has a debatable amount of respect is just embarrassing (also that "Sith Fashion 5000 outfit). He did die and stayed gone for a long time even if just for Tech reasons it happened, so we go on from here. Having Malgus back he Should not be on "Anybody's Leash", period; getting rid of that and Acina should be high on the list of things to do in getting his rightful image and position back. Since he's back now, Lets run with this, see where it goes.

I have really nothing against Malgus being back its mostly "How he Came back". Bringing him back in a suitable manner (Even for his scale) I believe has Long Past (Maybe after SOR) now it seems Clunky and Humiliating for possibly SWTORs most liked character (sorry Satele its just this way). Bringing him back now as a servant to an upstart that in themselves has a debatable amount of respect is just embarrassing (also that "Sith Fashion 5000 outfit). He did die and stayed gone for a long time even if just for Tech reasons it happened, so we go on from here. Having Malgus back he Should not be on "Anybody's Leash", period; getting rid of that and Acina should be high on the list of things to do in getting his rightful image and position back. Since he's back now, Lets run with this, see where it goes.

Please don't take this as argumentative... ('m actually agreeing with you)

But ...

Knowing the DS characters what makes you think Malgus will remain on anyone's leash ?

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Please don't take this as argumentative... ('m actually agreeing with you)

But ...

Knowing the DS characters what makes you think Malgus will remain on anyone's leash ?

;)

:) I certainly hope not; infact I hope I'm there to *help make that happen.

And no, Malgus needs to stay around forever. Otherwise my CE statue of him is worthless!

It’s a shame Bioware have never developed and marketed some other statues and physical collectables. Especially when you consider this is Star Wars and the IP was the first one to release toys and collectables thanks to Lucas’s idea to do so.

There probably wouldn’t even be collectables and toys based on movies and games if Star Wars hadn’t led the way in 1977.

I’ve been an avid SW collector ever since. I’ve most of the originals still in sealed packaging and I’ve over 300 figures and statutes, plus ships, games, lego and other SW memorabilia.

This got me hooked on collecting other IP toys and collectables. From Star Trek, South Park, Warcraft, DC & Marvel and others.

There would be collectors like myself and some who may never have played swtor, but would buy statues or figures based on Satele, Malcom, Vette, etc, if they were available.

I was unlucky with Malgus because we didn’t have them in Australia. I’ve been looking for one ever since that is in good condition and not too expensive. If they were to release another version (different to the CE), I would definitely buy it.

(snip) Bringing him back now as a servant to an upstart that in themselves has a debatable amount of respect is just embarrassing

I'm guessing that Malgus's current state is fully meant to be a punishment and humiliation for what he tried to do with taking over the Empire. I also guess that as someone else said, some of that hardware is controlling him or at least keeping him from breaking his leash.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I'm guessing that Malgus's current state is fully meant to be a punishment and humiliation for what he tried to do with taking over the Empire. I also guess that as someone else said, some of that hardware is controlling him or at least keeping him from breaking his leash.

I wonder who else is pulling his leash? There's Acina if you sided with her on Iokath/Wowrawn if with Malcom, but I got a feeling from the end of Ossus, in the way how Malgus spoke, that there´s also someone we're unaware of, working behind the scenes as true master behind the Empress/Emperor.

Edited by Rebamcfan

It’s a shame Bioware have never developed and marketed some other statues and physical collectables. Especially when you consider this is Star Wars and the IP was the first one to release toys and collectables thanks to Lucas’s idea to do so.

There probably wouldn’t even be collectables and toys based on movies and games if Star Wars hadn’t led the way in 1977.

I’ve been an avid SW collector ever since. I’ve most of the originals still in sealed packaging and I’ve over 300 figures and statutes, plus ships, games, lego and other SW memorabilia.

This got me hooked on collecting other IP toys and collectables. From Star Trek, South Park, Warcraft, DC & Marvel and others.

There would be collectors like myself and some who may never have played swtor, but would buy statues or figures based on Satele, Malcom, Vette, etc, if they were available.

I was unlucky with Malgus because we didn’t have them in Australia. I’ve been looking for one ever since that is in good condition and not too expensive. If they were to release another version (different to the CE), I would definitely buy it.

I was mostly in jest, but yes. I would love more collectibles. Heck, in STO you can get models of your ship.

"The Sith Empire will reign forever!" - Lord Modo; on Kuat Drive Yards before his defeat.

I've kicked the can down the road a few times in the hopes that Jadus will return. I'd like to see Jadus double the power and capability he has, just as chatty as before and just as insightful. I've always wanted to see his new epoch of fear and terror. After 7 years in game time, i'd think he would be ready to re-emerge into the wider galaxy while the Republic and Empire are busy kicking the crap out of each other which provides an opportunity to strike at the throne of the empire.

Jadus acquired a powerbase all of his own, all of it thralls under his thumb, fearful and angry of what he might do next with no hope. This new wave of negativity would be put to excellent use against his enemies by allowing his underlings to vent their hate, abandonment and aggression that was seething underneath and direct it at Jadus's enemies. Of course his powerbase is ultimately expendible, so as soon as he left in a shuttle with two of his best Sith agents, the empire he built up he would immediately abandon in order to claim the Sith Empire, which he easily manages to do.

The Sith agents under his command are completely loyal and completely devoid of emotions, they are also cybernetically enhanced with restraining codes that only Jadus is aware of and unlike castellan restraints, these codes are hard wired into the cybernetics, they can not reject the interface, they can not be overwrritten and only take orders from Jadus. They don't eat, don't sleep, they don't need the toilet either as the cybernetics and armour regulate everything. This is the next evolution in Jadus's servant design as witnessed by the IA in the sith sanctum with the previous version.

i could write a whole lot more about the potential backstory and how it fits into the current war between the republic and empire, quite easily. For now? Jadus for Emperor! :p

Well since people didn't like the eternal story that went away from traditional empire vs imp, bioware listened to the community and brought it back and since they prolly didn't feel like making a new villain they brought back an old one...

Much like Disney for Ep 9... ;)

I wonder who else pulling his leash? There's Acina if you sided with her on Iokath/Wowrawn if with Malcom, but I got a feeling that there´s also someone we're unaware of, working behind the scenes as true master behind the Empress/Emperor.

Jadus or whoever the new Intelligence Darth is would be my guess.

I was mostly in jest, but yes. I would love more collectibles. Heck, in STO you can get models of your ship.

YUP ! I was the first player who suggested it a loooong time ago. Someone let me know when it was finally made available. I have to admit it's quite humbling to see it actually happen.

I'm updating the game and all that good stuff to see what model options I have available !

Well since people didn't like the eternal story that went away from traditional empire vs imp, bioware listened to the community and brought it back and since they prolly didn't feel like making a new villain they brought back an old one...

Much like Disney for Ep 9... ;)

Yup... pretty much. And for those who play DS... it should be really interesting to see if Malgus goes rogue and becomes an independent personality... or at the least who is really behind the mask (so to speak).. IMO it would be a real twist of irony if there were not some trace elements of a 3rd person no one knows anything about (yet) that is REALLY behind all of this. Not Tenebrae IMO... too many bad connections to thing that too many people do not like... But a NEW 3rd party who is secretly really manipulating every thing behind the scenes !

That might have some really interesting twists !

;)

I wonder who else is pulling his leash? There's Acina if you sided with her on Iokath/Wowrawn if with Malcom, but I got a feeling from the end of Ossus, in the way how Malgus spoke, that there´s also someone we're unaware of, working behind the scenes as true master behind the Empress/Emperor.

I'd agree that there's someone else controlling things, besides Acina/Vowrawn. Perhaps the same person who is behind N2-whatever his number is, the droid contact point for Imperials and Republic saboteurs? That droid is very cryptic about who his master is, and will only say he's working in the best interests of the Empire.

I know everyone is saying Jadus but his doctrine of fear seemed to want everything to go down in flames for the Empire.

"The Sith Empire will reign forever!" - Lord Modo; on Kuat Drive Yards before his defeat.

I've kicked the can down the road a few times in the hopes that Jadus will return. I'd like to see Jadus double the power and capability he has, just as chatty as before and just as insightful. I've always wanted to see his new epoch of fear and terror. After 7 years in game time, i'd think he would be ready to re-emerge into the wider galaxy while the Republic and Empire are busy kicking the crap out of each other which provides an opportunity to strike at the throne of the empire.

Jadus acquired a powerbase all of his own, all of it thralls under his thumb, fearful and angry of what he might do next with no hope. This new wave of negativity would be put to excellent use against his enemies by allowing his underlings to vent their hate, abandonment and aggression that was seething underneath and direct it at Jadus's enemies. Of course his powerbase is ultimately expendible, so as soon as he left in a shuttle with two of his best Sith agents, the empire he built up he would immediately abandon in order to claim the Sith Empire, which he easily manages to do.

The Sith agents under his command are completely loyal and completely devoid of emotions, they are also cybernetically enhanced with restraining codes that only Jadus is aware of and unlike castellan restraints, these codes are hard wired into the cybernetics, they can not reject the interface, they can not be overwrritten and only take orders from Jadus. They don't eat, don't sleep, they don't need the toilet either as the cybernetics and armour regulate everything. This is the next evolution in Jadus's servant design as witnessed by the IA in the sith sanctum with the previous version.

i could write a whole lot more about the potential backstory and how it fits into the current war between the republic and empire, quite easily. For now? Jadus for Emperor! :p

I agree almost 100% with this.

The only thing I would disagree with is Jadis tried his whole attack of fear and Terror before. It failed and so I think he is smart enough not to keep trying the same thing over and over.

In fact, I don't think it would be too hard of a stretch 2 in a way retcon the dread Masters as having been Jadus's disciples, who were trying a new angle and the Epic of fear and Terror with their methods and on the direction of Jadus behind the scenes.

Therefore having failed at it twice, Jadus is trying a new approach. He needs to be different than the normal Sith who keeps beating their head against the wall hoping it works eventually.

Jadus has always been a cold, calculating, and reasonable. And the second to the emperor in power always. It would make sense his Hiatus was because he knew the emperor was going to try to eat the universe, and his attempts were away to try and prevent that. With the emperor now out of the picture, now he's trying to consolidate power.

It's the perfect leading to making him the big bad. And Darth Malgus is on a leash to him as his Wrath

I'd agree that there's someone else controlling things, besides Acina/Vowrawn. Perhaps the same person who is behind N2-whatever his number is, the droid contact point for Imperials and Republic saboteurs? That droid is very cryptic about who his master is, and will only say he's working in the best interests of the Empire.

I know everyone is saying Jadus but his doctrine of fear seemed to want everything to go down in flames for the Empire.

Here's the thing. It's not that far-fetched that it would be Jadus.

Out of all the Sith, he was the one who was said to have power second only to the emperor and was feared by the dark Council.

He was also cold, calculating, and unlike most of his fellow Sith,pragmatic and rational.

He already failed at his doctrine of fear once. You couldn't say he failed it twice if the dread Masters were acting on his accord as their beliefs lined up really well with Jadus's plans in the imperial agent story.

It would also fit in really well if the whole reason Jadus attempting this as a method to prevent the emperor from consuming the Galaxy. If you read between the lines he seems to be the only being in the Galaxy who knew what was really going on with the emperor the entire time.

With the emperor out of the way, and with a doctrine of fear having failed twice, Jadus strikes me as someone rational enough to change it up.

Here's the thing. It's not that far-fetched that it would be Jadus.

Out of all the Sith, he was the one who was said to have power second only to the emperor and was feared by the dark Council.

He was also cold, calculating, and unlike most of his fellow Sith,pragmatic and rational.

He already failed at his doctrine of fear once. You couldn't say he failed it twice if the dread Masters were acting on his accord as their beliefs lined up really well with Jadus's plans in the imperial agent story.

It would also fit in really well if the whole reason Jadus attempting this as a method to prevent the emperor from consuming the Galaxy. If you read between the lines he seems to be the only being in the Galaxy who knew what was really going on with the emperor the entire time.

With the emperor out of the way, and with a doctrine of fear having failed twice, Jadus strikes me as someone rational enough to change it up.

But we know the Dread Masters were Vitiate's close allies. That's been well established. The only way I can see Jadus having anything to do with them is if he were somehow responsible for facilitating Styrak's separation and death from the other five, knowing it would drive the remaining ones mad.

The Dread Masters also wanted to kill everything including themselves (if you play the Republic side), not establish an ongoing galaxy ruled by fear, so they seem to have been more in line with what Vitate wanted.

On the other hand the way Jadus tortured his daughter always seems like a rough draft for the way Valkorion tortured Vaylin, so perhaps Jadus is just another aspect of Vitate. Which would be most tiresome.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I never got the sense that Malgus was implying that there was some other master behind the Emperor/Empress.

I imagine it's possible that's Jadus is operating behind the scenes in some way. But I don't think that he's going to be involved yet, so he probably isn't the one behind NR-02.

I don't think it makes sense that Jadus is related to Vitiate. A large part of Jadus' work, if he ascends to power, is attempting to decipher Vitiate's intentions. His vaguely similar treatment of Darth Zhorrid is probably just a consequence of the cruelty that is common among the Sith.

I wouldn't say "rational" is the first word that comes to mind when describing Darth Jadus, though. It's also worth remembering that he doesn't necessarily fail in his plan.

Edited by OldVengeance

But we know the Dread Masters were Vitiate's close allies. That's been well established. The only way I can see Jadus having anything to do with them is if he were somehow responsible for facilitating Styrak's separation and death from the other five, knowing it would drive the remaining ones mad.

The Dread Masters also wanted to kill everything including themselves (if you play the Republic side), not establish an ongoing galaxy ruled by fear, so they seem to have been more in line with what Vitate wanted.

On the other hand the way Jadus tortured his daughter always seems like a rough draft for the way Valkorion tortured Vaylin, so perhaps Jadus is just another aspect of Vitate. Which would be most tiresome.

They were vitiates close allies, not his disciples. They could be close allies to the emperor and Disciples of Jadus. Which also would explain why the dread Masters turned on the emperor. What if they were there to keep an eye on the emperor this whole time and strike in the manner Jadus told them to when appropriate?

I never got the sense that Malgus was implying that there was some other master behind the Emperor/Empress.

I imagine it's possible that's Jadus is operating behind the scenes in some way. But I don't think that he's going to be involved yet, so he probably isn't the one behind NR-02.

I don't think it makes sense that Jadus is related to Vitiate. A large part of Jadus' work, if he ascends to power, is attempting to decipher Vitiate's intentions. His vaguely similar treatment of Darth Zhorrid is probably just a consequence of the cruelty that is common among the Sith.

I wouldn't say "rational" is the first word that comes to mind when describing Darth Jadus, though. It's also worth remembering that he doesn't necessarily fail in his plan.

rational for a Sith. Marr level rational...