210k for 10% increase?

benefit

Over time the upgrade pays for itself. if you are a hardcoree player, or even spend 5-10 hours a week playing, you will eventually get to the point where you will have saved hours(dare I say days) of travel time. Between the slight bump in speed and the incresed toughness you will have that much more time to do money making activities.

On a pvp server it is a no brainer. The travel advantage in open world is too much to ignore.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a pvp server it is a no brainer. The travel advantage in open world is too much to ignore.

Because the pvp servers in this game actually have more open world pvp then the non pvp servers.... lol what a joke, although perhaps once in a while when you come across that rare creature that is an enemy player out in the "open world" you'd want the extra speed to chase them down should they try and flee :p

The price simply put is far to much of a jump (affordable or not) for the very VERY marginal boost in speed.

Because the pvp servers in this game actually have more open world pvp then the non pvp servers.... lol what a joke, although perhaps once in a while when you come across that rare creature that is an enemy player out in the "open world" you'd want the extra speed to chase them down should they try and flee :p

The price simply put is far to much of a jump (affordable or not) for the very VERY marginal boost in speed.

I will admit that I do not have a high level character in this particular game yet, but since the formula for this game is the same as every other mmo I know that at some piint the servers will mature and open world mount speed will matter more, because the end game population will increase.... just like any game older than 10 days....

Also if you are a harvestor, at all, then it will be another no brainer.

Bottom line is if you don't think you need it, then don't buy it. I will be buying it because I know in the long run it will be beneficial.

It's kind of baffling.

I mean, if I'm traveling around the world, I could arrive a lot sooner on a 100% bike than a 90% bike. But for small traveling distances, it improves travel time only by a matter of seconds.

I don't know that I'm going to spend my credits on that. Anyone else on this bandwagon?

Yea other people said it - the increased chance to not get dismounted is key

The lvl 40 mount will take more damage before you're knocked off then the lvl 25 mount. But I do agree that it's a ridiclious ammount of credits for such a marginal increase. Should be 100% for lvl 25, 125% for lvl 40 and 150% for lvl 50 IMO.

100% with your percentages. Especially given the absolutely ridiculous distances the quest make you travel, mount or no mount.

Back and forth to the opposite ends of the map only to go to the same place you just were is lazy development. Period.

Fast mounts to compensate pl0z.

Then don't buy it. It's just a good money sink for a luxury skill. If anything, it should have more stuff like that to keep the economy more in check.

Next complaint will be about the 1M VIP room entry item being too expensive...

Yea... because the VIP room and mounts are in the same ballpark, oh wait they're not even remotely close.

i am in CORELLIA ATM. have done everything with my lvl25 mount.

i am not gonna pay 210K cr. for a lousy 10% increase. even if i was swimming in crredits. it's ridiculous.

i always wished i would zoom on my speeder like luke did on endor forest... turns out i was more like bart simpson on his skate and even he seems faster than this crap.

i told myself, well, it's normal, first mounts are slow... WRONG, turns out next one is 10% more and last one 10% more. yeaaaaah right. not gonna spend credits on that.

not becaus ethe price, but because the speed sucks.

as said, i am in CORELLIA and having taxi services all over the place on every planet, and taking into account you actually have to STOP to kill stuff, the first speeder is more than enough.

once i hit lvl 50 i will probably sitting my *** off on empire fleet anyways, so why would i need a faster speeder?

that being said, give me a 200% or 300% speeder and i'll gladly pay 10M. if needed. even if i make my graphic card and the game server crash xD

Edited by zandadoum

I bought it and wish I didn't, the difference isn't noticable. Don't bother until you get one of the 160% mounts later at end-game.

They need to double the speed of all speeders tbh, they feel extremely slow and not what they are actually like in starwars.

Edited by NasherUK

It's kind of baffling.

I mean, if I'm traveling around the world, I could arrive a lot sooner on a 100% bike than a 90% bike. But for small traveling distances, it improves travel time only by a matter of seconds.

I don't know that I'm going to spend my credits on that. Anyone else on this bandwagon?

No, because I had 1 million credits when I hit lvl 50.

Also, the 110% speed mounts break from damage slower, so you can get shot at a little on your mount before falling off.

One thing to keep in mind is that there may be a maximum speed the servers can handle. City of Heroes ran into that... they had to nerf the cap on travel power speeds because it was causing too much strain on the servers to have people running 100+ MPH. I'm assuming there will be epic speeders with higher speeds, so if +150% or so is the most the server can handle then making the best storebought speeders +110% gives decent room for faster speeders from other sources.

On the other hand, if the server can handle it I definitely think +100% for a lvl 25, +125% for a lvl 40, and +150% for a plain lvl 50 would be much better. That would leave +175% and +200% for epic speeders and at +200% we might actually start feeling like we're on a speeder instead of a moped... :p

I don't know how people say this is a cheap upgrade. 800k at level 50? Really? Credits are so hard to come by, it isn't even funny.

Wrong.

You will have enough to purchase training and a mount at the level it is required through doing nothing more than following the quest lines of the planets.

I used to think this but you can get that kind of credits in no time... currently I'm level 45 and I have 320k credits just by selling random greens and greys to vendors. That's with training and stim expenses etc... I would like to see a better speed increase though, 150% at lvl 50 would be more like it.

I bought the 110% training and it's okay but seriously, this should have been like 150% not 110.

No the alternative is your first speeder being +60% only like another specific game. Count yourself lucky your first speeder is so fast.

Money is just right in this game. You have to play smart. In most mmo's the game almost force you to buy gold/cash from farmers or grind countless hours for money.