Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

Screaming_Ziva

Yes, you can still complete your weekly regardless. Do you want to discuss why I chose to use it as one of my 3 game-breaking bugs, or do you have a comment on the other two I mentioned as well?

I had no comment on the other two, hence no comment. They are broken, but not game breaking.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone points out a bug, whether it is "game breaking" or not, why devalue the mention? The bug ought to be addressed, not minimalized.

The conversation shouldn't be about how game breaking a bug is or not, lol. The conversation ought to be about it being acknowledged and when it will be fixed.

Edited by Lhancelot

If someone points out a bug, whether it is "game breaking" or not, why devalue the mention? The bug ought to be addressed, not minimalized.

The conversation shouldn't be about how game breaking a bug is or not, lol. The conversation ought to be about it being acknowledged and when it will be fixed.

First, bugs should be reported in a different area.

Secondly, game breaking implies it breaks the game, which it has not.

I asked for clarification to determine if there is some other aspect of the game that is being affected by that quest, because of the claim that it is breaking the game. Obviously its not breaking the weekly quest. Its not breaking the servers. Its not affecting gear or other quests that im aware of. So i ask how it is game breaking so i can avoid any rippled aspects of the game that are also broken as a result of that quest.

Edited by olagatonjedi

First, bugs should be reported in a different area.

Secondly, game breaking implies it breaks the game, which it has not.

Bugs are fine being reported here. We've had far more historic recognition of bugs here, in the General Forum, than anywhere else.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "game breaking" - that's really a personal taste type of thing most of the time. Things others consider "game breaking" I really don't care about, like romances, companions, story choices not being correct like Theron coming back from the dead...but to others, that IS game breaking. For me, it would be if the PvP queue was broken and we couldn't get any pops...to others, they'd never notice that "bug" in a million years, but to me, I would consider it "game breaking".

20 days later, Any updates on 5.10 bugs? Some of them are gamebreaking, like set bonus. But the longer ya wait to address the set bonus bug, the less likely you will need to even bother fixing it (as everyone will have 252+).

It does seem aside from CC purchases not being processed and posts when the game or login server is down there is very little being said about the current state of the game.

While the bugs and definetly the gearing one is a mess, I tried equipping a piece of 256 or what ever the new cap gear is and it had no set bonus because it would have meant I would have had two of the same set bonus so instead of that it looked like it was a non set bonus piece of gear. If you can follow that.

But also it would be nice to know where this current gear grind fits in with command ranks and 6.0 and if it really is just a grind for the sake of a grind to fill time between short story updates. As it stands it seems and as a subscriber I cant be sure, but it seems to make command ranks pointless cause just run the Ossus weekly get the 252 gear and miss out on the 300 rank gind and 1000's of tier 4 boxes to get 248 gear so make subscribing to get command ranks pointless to. So for solo players one of the main perks of subscribing to get command ranks is now pointless, so you may as well go prefered and just grind the Ossus weekly.

Now these days I'm totally a solo player. I like being in a persistent evolving world with a continuing story and its enough for me to see other people around. I don't need to be forced to group with them. Not so different from work, I work with people and enjoy their company but I don't have an over ridding need to be grouped up with them, I want to do my job my way. So from my point of view Ossus, nice if a little short, Jaesa back great even if the reunion seemed to have no connection with the story, doing the dailies all fun. But little reason to subscribe or do more than play the weekly before heading off somewhere else and thats if the next tier of gear is even that important.

Bugs are fine being reported here. We've had far more historic recognition of bugs here, in the General Forum, than anywhere else.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "game breaking" - that's really a personal taste type of thing most of the time. Things others consider "game breaking" I really don't care about, like romances, companions, story choices not being correct like Theron coming back from the dead...but to others, that IS game breaking. For me, it would be if the PvP queue was broken and we couldn't get any pops...to others, they'd never notice that "bug" in a million years, but to me, I would consider it "game breaking".

Good point, TUXs. "Game breaking" is highly subjective! One persons game break is another persons no concern I guess?

To me these three bugs are game-breaking. My goal here is not to inform the public about these bugs, my goal is to get a dev update on these known issues.

So it doesn't really matter what oleg thinks about the use of a subjective adjective (nor that he cherry picked).

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Its ok to disagree.

To me these three bugs are game-breaking. My goal here is not to inform the public about these bugs, my goal is to get a dev update on these known issues.

So it doesn't really matter what oleg thinks about the use of a subjective adjective (nor that he cherry picked).

Lol, what did i cherry pick? I dont argue just to argue. I comment on things i feel need to be commented in. The other two bugs didnt need to be commented on.

Just let it go, NuSeC.

It's pretty clear he thinks himself superior to everyone else and his opinion is the only that matter. I found that putting him on ignore saved a lot of my time. After all, to quote Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Oh... I know; From experience.

But this is forum PVP.

They have not updated their gear in quite a while and troll-reporting is getting a nerf. While I have changed my spec in order to hard-counter "being reported" critical hits with logic-defense augments and enhancements.

I am simply letting him burn his CDs. He is a one trick pwny on offensive skills.

~The Doze

Edited by NuSeC

You agreed with my point, perhaps without realizing it. However, the majority of players likely dont post or even come to the forums. Where are you getting data that shows the majority of players are unhappy?

Are you attempting to proclaim that a vocal MAJORITY (given that posters are subscription players), is the opposite to the game and results therein?

Edited by NuSeC

Its ok to disagree.

As Tux already pointed out, you do not get to dictate what is game breaking to an individual, that solely belongs to them. Something that ruins PVP for a hardcore PVPer (such as myself, or was), would not impact a hard core PVEer in the least bit.

But you already know and understand this don't ya? ;)

LOL

Are you attempting to proclaim that a vocal MAJORITY (given that posters are subscription players), is the opposite to the game and results therein?

That's what I wonder too. I guess he feels that posters who criticize the game are not actual players past or present, and thus their opinions don't equate to much.

If you view the forum posts, if half are negative the game probably has some issues. That's being kind, too. I'd wager there are far more negative posts about bugs, lack of content, gearing issues, conquest being crappy, and other bad topics than good ones.

I suppose the defense to that would be, only negative people post, positive ones do not and what proof and data do I have that defends my statement of most posts on the forums being negative.

Anyway, game went from being a storymode juggernaut of a MMO that had many enjoyable facets to it like PVP, conquest and tons of other fun activities to a total dumpster fire in 6 years time.

At least the original chapters still exist for new players to enjoy, those alone will hold a new player's attention for months. All the new stuff developed has been subpar at best and full blown repelling to many especially the long time veterans.

But this is forum PVP.

They have not updated their gear in quite a while and troll-reporting is getting a nerf. While I have changed my spec in order to hard-counter "being reported" critical hits with logic-defense augments and enhancements.

I am simply letting him burn his CDs. He is a one trick pwny on offensive skills.

~The Doze

LMAO. Best post ever :D

But this is forum PVP.

~The Doze

Ooops, did you forget to toggle PVP on? I have yet to be defeated. :D

Keith is it alright if I call you Keith or do you prefer Mr Kanneg?

Your posts would come across a lot less 'trollish' if you didn't make a point of arguing semantics all the time but stuck to critical posts outlining your points.

Once you start with 'you can't speak for me' or 'you can't prove its the majority view' or the best troll response of all time 'well I'm having fun so your points must not matter' its not adding anything and can make it look petty, that its not so much the game you are supporting but anyone else's opinion you are attacking.

If things are great post what makes them great, if you feel the majority love the new gearing system explain what is to be loved about it. While if there are things that could improve say that too.

Now I appreciate you are doing your job and for better or worse some part of that seems to be to generate forum activity. If everyone agreed the forums would be a desolate place with one original post lots of yeah I agree and then all that needs be said would be said. I also appreciate that as the game is made worse and worse each update for the last year and half coming up to 2 years generally there is more agreement about the awful state of the game. But when it seems like your the only person one one side of the argument you have to come up with points not just attacking people for making assumptions based on sound empirical data.

Edited by Costello

Keith is it alright if I call you Keith or do you prefer Mr Kanneg?

Your posts would come across a lot less 'trollish' if you didn't make a point of arguing semantics all the time but stuck to critical posts outlining your points.

Once you start with 'you can't speak for me' or 'you can't prove its the majority view' or the best troll response of all time 'well I'm having fun so your points must not matter' its not adding anything and can make it look petty, that its not so much the game you are supporting but anyone else's opinion you are attacking.

If things are great post what makes them great, if you feel the majority love the new gearing system explain what is to be loved about it. While if there are things that could improve say that too.

Now I appreciate you are doing your job and for better or worse some part of that seems to be to generate forum activity. If everyone agreed the forums would be a desolate place with one original post lots of yeah I agree and then all that needs be said would be said. I also appreciate that as the game is made worse and worse each update for the last year and half coming up to 2 years generally there is more agreement about the awful state of the game. But when it seems like your the only person one one side of the argument you have to come up with points not just attacking people for making assumptions based on sound empirical data.

Ive learned no matter how i post, people will choose to call anyone they wish an unfriendly name if they have a different view on something, and it doesnt matter the spectrum if difference either. I care less about being called names, and more about having civil conversation, even in difference.

Ive learned no matter how i post, people will choose to call anyone they wish an unfriendly name if they have a different view on something, and it doesnt matter the spectrum if difference either. I care less about being called names, and more about having civil conversation, even in difference.

You'd have significantly more luck if you didn't try to wax philosophical on a video game message board. It's all well and good to have a differing view point to others. Whether you recognize it or not or intended to or not, your tone is aloof and turns people off to you almost instantaneously.

Really? That's why you bait and report right? Because you don't care. Yeah. Good one.

Exactly. LOL!

He uses almost every argument logical fallacy known to man in order to prop up empty statements to get a rise out of someone until they call him a name so he can go run and report.

It is his MO.

Like I said, one trick pwny. Kind of like smash was back in the day, however, once you learn how to counter it, they just get waxed - as has been happening here.

Sometimes, you get waxed so fast, you don't have the time to even hit CDs before you end up in spawn without knowing what happened.

PVP is toggled on - busy painting the respawn walls?

Edited by NuSeC

You'd have significantly more luck if you didn't try to wax philosophical on a video game message board. It's all well and good to have a differing view point to others. Whether you recognize it or not or intended to or not, your tone is aloof and turns people off to you almost instantaneously.

Luck with what? I dont post to be argumentative, nor do i post to try to force my beliefs on others, nor do i post with the intent of trying to "fit in" and be one of "the cool kids." I post my beliefs, my conclusions, my open-minded reservations and understanding about how things are done, or might be done based on history, experience, and education.

The small amount of grief i receive for my posts is nothing compared to the possibility of enlightening at least one person enough to know that they dont have to be deterred by mob mentality that doesnt agree with them, especially when the mob mentality isnt substantiated by facts and data that gives their voices more weight.

Really? That's why you bait and report right? Because you don't care. Yeah. Good one.

Bait what? Its a conversation. If you feel the need to name call, then i wont mind trying to return the conversation to a civil tone. You control your own actions, and nobody is forcing you to call someone else names. Thats your decision, as it is mine to not.