Satele Shan - 64 people Pub side fleet (1 instance) - 9:30pm EST

FourPawnBenoni

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees with your point that we have a lack of content added to the game.

I certainly don't.

Hardly anything has been added since you left.

Why resub, only to complain about lack of content?

That's like complaining that fried pork rinds have no nutritional value, all while buying another bag.

Boy did you nail the average MMO player complaint performance right on the head with this one Khevar. :)

Sometimes a player comment = a signature worthy meme. This would be one of those times. :D

As for the thread topic.... I can't believe everyone is falling for this old stale sinewy bait again.

Edited by Andryah

I’m not sure most people care enough to complain anymore. Look at the forums, most gameplay posts are the same 10-15 people arguing the same points over and over to each other. Most posts at this point are about companions or cosmetics. The actual “MMO” players on the forums or in the game is relatively small. .

I would actually contribute more (non-troll) conversation if the process of getting logged in wasn't such a pain for me. Given the history of the updates the past few years, if 5.10 doesn't further push the core of loyal subscribers away then I'll be surprised.

I'm not here because it's star wars, I'm here because it's one of the few non-"action" non-p2w MMOs that I have any interest in.

I would actually contribute more (non-troll) conversation if the process of getting logged in wasn't such a pain for me. Given the history of the updates the past few years, if 5.10 doesn't further push the core of loyal subscribers away then I'll be surprised.

I'm not here because it's star wars, I'm here because it's one of the few non-"action" non-p2w MMOs that I have any interest in.

I’m not sure what the “core” of the player base is, and neither does BW, which has been the major problem of the game development. They launched as an story driven MMO then spent two and a half years focusing on single player RPG aspects of the game, and are now slow dripping MMO content again. The focus of the game has been one of the major issues with the game since launch. They never quite figured out what the game was.

Fleet population is no indication of server population. People may very well be on other planets/bases/strongholds/warzones/flashpoints/etc. I am hardly on fleet anymore. No reason for me to be there. Do I not count as part of the server population due to not being on fleet a that time?

Exactly right, not everybody wants to hang out on fleet and just run laps. When I go to fleet I am there for as short amount of time as possible before going somewhere else.

Thanks @ Khevar, TrixxieTriss and Zerileth for providing those detailed numbers (on page 1).

Those numbers are even worse than I feared. And I thought I feared the worst. ;)

If I was still excited by this game since 5.10 gear was announced, I would also do a count for another point of reference. But at the moment I can’t even find the will to login long enough to do the weekly pvp.

My apathy for what’s to come in 5.10 is starting to set in as it is for some other people,

I think the numbers will continue to decline until shortly before 5.10 is released. Then there will be a speed bump of people coming back and then the numbers will drop even lower than now or at any time in the game. By the end of January the servers will start to feel like ghost towns, the same as they already do if you don’t play in prime time.

Bioware only have themselves to blame for the rapid decline of this game, they make one or the same mistakes, one after another and don’t learn from them. They aren’t listening to the player bases feed back or when they do, they aren’t willing to wind things back enough to fix the problems so that people can still enjoy the game.

The good things they have tried are never fully thought through or implemented properly and any good work is negated by those silly mistakes,

Take the last “pvp of summer”. It had massive potential and had a lot of people excited. But it was plagued with bugs that still haven’t been fixed or even acknowledged by Bioware.

They made a new HB map that has so much desync in it that it’s nearly impossible to play. It certainly is if you have more than 60ms lag.

They added cross faction which is fantastic and then ruined it by introducing a broken match making system. The match making is so bad that it’s driven people from the game or made them stop playing as much.

They put the content on the pts and pvpers gave feed back on what needed to be fixed. Instead of properly fixing it, they spent a tonne of their development resources playing with bling changes in the strong hold and not fixing the pvp things in it. They spent so much time focusing on it that the new ranked arena is flawed and has bugs.

The devlopment in the game feels like a Bipolar child with ADHD. Chopping and changing ideas and not finishing them properly before moving onto something new. The quality control is atrocious and they ignore bugs or broken mechanics once it goes live.

Now we are about to go in another direction with 5.10 and that hasn’t been properly thought through either.

All the hard work they did for the last “pvp of summer” is about to be further undone because they are ignoring how bad the new gearing will be for pvpers or that it will keep others from playing as much pvp as they would usually play and will drive people from the game.

Pvpers don’t need gear grind to play pvp. We play it for the enjoyment of pvp. We want a level playing field of skill based pvp and not people owning other people because they’ve got better gear. This was a lesson they learned back in 2.x-3.x and they finally perfected the gear system in 4.x. Then they promptly forgot it all 4 months later when they released 5.0. This drove pvpers from the game and they are about to make the same silly mistake again with 5.10 gearing.

Bioware continues to ignore players and jump from one half thoughtout project to another. Some of them aren’t even needed (the Conquest changes). Then when there is massive push back from the players on the changes, they refuse to listen and people leave. Bioware are unwilling to ever admit mistakes or role back a bad idea. They try to bandaid a bad system and then move on and let it fester. This drives more people from the game who get fed up with this attitude.

The resources are limited at Bioware, I think we all realise that. But they aren’t being spent in the right manner to keep the game healthy. Bugs and desync are prolific and have been getting worse with ever patch since 5.0. The actual quality of the game is diminishing and too much resource time is being spent on Cartel market changes (like changing their pictures :rolleyes:) and QOL stuff that people aren’t even asking for.

Bioware need to go back to the basics and look at what will keep people playing by “having fun”. They need to fix the bugs and desync and they need to consult more with the community and be willing to make changes when the push back is negative. All that Cartel market and QOL stuff should be put on hold till those things are fixed or achieved.

It’s for those reasons that we have seen decline in the game since 5.0 and a more rapid decline this year.

I have held out hope for so long that Bioware would realise all of this and come to their senses, but I’m fooling myself because I doubt they ever will. At the rate of decline, I doubt that 6.0 will ever be released because they’ll run out of money before then. I hope I’m wrong about that, but that’s the direction the game is headed unless they come to their senses soon, even then it might now be too late. You can only piss people of for so long till they give up on you and move on permanently.

Edited by Totemdancer

Sup y'all! I'm still here! Still subbed. :D

Been spending a lot of my gaming time swinging around NY taking out Doc Ock and his goons (I'm at about 96% completion.... those damn pigeons tho :confused: ), now I'm a outlaw roaming around the wild wild west. ;)

Just saying.... there's a LOT of new games out that people are playing now. I'm sure the numbers will pick up once Jedi under siege launches. But right now there's other options that could be taking up players gaming time.

That's just the Facts, I mean we got RDR2. People are playing which people that play this game usually also love and want storyline from any game, and the RDR series looks good, i wish i could play them. and Fallout 76 and other games coming out don't put this one at the front lines right now, so when 5.10 comes out people will want to see what's up, along with the Christmas celebrating we do here.

Edited by MandFlurry

Strongholds. Ever since strongholds are available I'm never on the fleet.

This in a nutshell, the other day fleet was like 50-60s on Pub but Corusacant was at like 140 and up something. I was surprised by the big bump but then I realized the stronghold, and the planet itself has most of the stuff fleet has too. So most moved to Coruscant probably. I think there’s definitely a very considerable amount of players that just do a lot of stuff on their own, their own time and pace, and stay away from the groups, as they just want to do their story peacefully.

Even the old Harb would have far more than this at 6:30 pst. Just stating the facts

p.s. its not summer anymore

p.p.s. mergers anyone?

Yeah, Thanks but no thanks. But thanks for asking. We're fine over here. :rolleyes:

All that would do is turn a good server to a crap server and make it 'a hive of scum and villainy'.

You made your own bed. Thanks for sending us a lot more players that apparently you didn't want.

Much obliged. :)

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Strongholds. Ever since strongholds are available I'm never on the fleet.

Also fleet numbers don't include anyone in any one of the many Ops, Was, Arenas, ships, GSF, strongholds, guild flagships, etc. Would have to factor in all those including every single planet and fleet on both factions

This in a nutshell, the other day fleet was like 50-60s on Pub but Corusacant was at like 140 and up something. I was surprised by the big bump but then I realized the stronghold, and the planet itself has most of the stuff fleet has too. So most moved to Coruscant probably. I think there’s definitely a very considerable amount of players that just do a lot of stuff on their own, their own time and pace, and stay away from the groups, as they just want to do their story peacefully.

Why don't you read the true numbers for the whole server that people have posted on page 1 of this thread?

Khevar, TrixxieTriss and Zerileth have provided exactly what you are looking for. No more guessing needed. They did the job. Read page 1 if you want to know how they did it and what they found out. The answers are there. No more speculation needed.

Never go to fleet unless its part of story quest. However there was 164 players on my instance on Courscant yesterday when I was there. 3 instances though two were what they call depopulating so could not transfer to one.

I mainly play on the UK server but wanted to start new characters to join someone's guild instead of my own run ones. Had no slots left on UK so went to Satele Shan as I had free spaces there after the merge. I don't find population on this server an issue.

Yeah, Thanks but no thanks. But thanks for asking. We're fine over here. :rolleyes:

All that would do is turn a good server to a crap server and make it 'a hive of scum and villainy'.

You made your own bed. Thanks for sending us a lot more players that apparently you didn't want.

Much obliged. :)

Agreed.

I'm a sucker for data gathering, so I couldn't resist. Expand spoiler tag to see details:

Pub

1-10: 92

11-20: 69

21-30: 71

31-40: 64

41-50: 62

51-60: 73

61-69: 73

Sentinel 70: 58

Guardian 70: 54

Commando 70: 59

Vanguard 70: 18

Shadow 70: 101

Sage 70: 61

Gunslinger 70: 40

Scoundrel 70: 53

Imp

1-10: 66

11-204: 90

21-30: 91

31-35: 59

36-40: 50

41-50: 90

51-60: 83

61-69: 95

Marauder 70: 63

Juggernaut 70: 97

Mercenary 70: 71

Powertech 70: 41

Assassin 70: 87

Sorcerer 70: 100

Sniper 70: 64

Operative 70: 56

Total Pub: 948

Total Imp: 1203

For the Shadow 70 that hit 100, I sorted by planets, searched, sorted in reverse by planet, searched again, and saw that there were two Shadows on Zakuul that showed in reverse but only one in the forwards, so I feel safe in saying "101"

For the Sorcerer 70, sorting by planets in reverse had the same people in it.

Total online in Satele Shan 2151

I skimmed all the posts and didn't see anyone point it out, but this "count" is massively flawed. You counted 1 - 10, 11 - 20, 21 - 30 etc. and then counted individual classes and for some strange reason totaled it all. Add them up and you get your basic "total" as you presented. Except for the fact those are the same groups. You counted them twice. That 1 - 70 list is the exact same list as the (Imp side, for example) Juggernaut, PT, and so on. They're the same group of people counted twice, on both factions. Those class builds make up those levels you first counted.

In short: your "total" is actually roughly half what you stated.

Even the old Harb would have far more than this at 6:30 pst. Just stating the facts

p.s. its not summer anymore

p.p.s. mergers anyone?

The game is hardly in a spot where it needs to merge servers, not in the world of BW/EA anyway.

I'd say in a year to a year and a half your wish might just be granted because by that point the population will definitely have hit a record low point.

They always re-act and never pro-act. You ought to know this by now. When the dumpster has already caught fire, burnt into memories, that's the time they generally extinguish the flames. :p

I skimmed all the posts and didn't see anyone point it out, but this "count" is massively flawed. You counted 1 - 10, 11 - 20, 21 - 30 etc. and then counted individual classes and for some strange reason totaled it all. Add them up and you get your basic "total" as you presented. Except for the fact those are the same groups. You counted them twice. That 1 - 70 list is the exact same list as the (Imp side, for example) Juggernaut, PT, and so on. They're the same group of people counted twice, on both factions. Those class builds make up those levels you first counted.

In short: your "total" is actually roughly half what you stated.

I think you might be misreading it...or I am...

He counted by levels - 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc...up to 61-69, until he reached 70. At 70, he didn't go 1-70, he narrowed it down to each specific class AT 70, not below, since none of the 70's were included in the earlier counts. There are just far more players at 70, so he had to narrow by class to be anywhere near accurate, that's why 70 has a much more defined number. 1-10 it doesn't matter the class, as long as the count is correct...to get an accurate count at 70, he had to break it down further.

I think you might be misreading it...or I am...

He counted by levels - 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc...up to 61-69, until he reached 70. At 70, he didn't go 1-70, he narrowed it down to each specific class AT 70, not below, since none of the 70's were included in the earlier counts. There are just far more players at 70, so he had to narrow by class to be anywhere near accurate, that's why 70 has a much more defined number. 1-10 it doesn't matter the class, as long as the count is correct...to get an accurate count at 70, he had to break it down further.

You are correct, I was wrong. Reading it again I now see the lvl 70 separation. I think the interesting thing about it is the close numbers between 1 - 69 and then the lvl 70 group. Each group (Pub 1 - 69 vs 70 and Imp 1 - 69 vs 70) is only separated by about 50 people. I honestly assumed it would be skewed much more heavily toward the 70 side. Now I wonder how that ratio changes throughout the day/evening. I also wonder if the lower level numbers are skewed by say, more botters, in those subgroups active in the evening hours.

You are correct, I was wrong. Reading it again I now see the lvl 70 separation. I think the interesting thing about it is the close numbers between 1 - 69 and then the lvl 70 group. Each group (Pub 1 - 69 vs 70 and Imp 1 - 69 vs 70) is only separated by about 50 people. I honestly assumed it would be skewed much more heavily toward the 70 side. Now I wonder how that ratio changes throughout the day/evening. I also wonder if the lower level numbers are skewed by say, more botters, in those subgroups active in the evening hours.

That shocked me too...I have this idea that most players are 70, or wanting to get there...this proves just how important the story portion of this game is to many players.

That shocked me too...I have this idea that most players are 70, or wanting to get there...this proves just how important the story portion of this game is to many players.

Of course it is. I have been here 5 years....I have grown tired doing the same Ops, Fps and Heroics 1000000000 times. Even with close friends/group of people it becomes boring. I still enjoy PvP and GSF but with the overall state of the game for the last 2 years it would take a lot more for me to do them regularly like before. So i'd rather replay the best part of the game - the story than grind like a mindless beast the same thing every day. I have done that in my teen years with Diablo 2 and Lineage 2.

Having this type of head game developer, who prioritizes content for 5%-10% of the population is making my login times a few hours a month if any. Even if I wanted to play the worst ops ever - GoTM over and over again (because if i had to do it 1 more time i may have to kill myself), my group is long gone, because of the direction (or lack of) of the game for the past 2 years. So yeah....I'd rather replay story than do pointless gear grinds like a monkey.

I only hope there wont be more god-awful FP story like fractured alliances....this was the worst for me. Not even gonna comment on the serious lack of content for the past 2 years...

Edited by ExarSun

Darth Malgus server here. I'm talking last friday/saturday night, this is, peak times.

There were 2 instances on the Imperial Fleet, sometimes a third with few people. 1 instance on Republic fleet, with a few people on the second.

Korriban had 2 full instances (100 ppl) and a third one with some more. DK had almost 2 full instances.

Other planets such as Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine or Alderaan had 1 instance full plus a second instance with some more ppl. Not commenting on pvp instances. All this doesnt take into account personal starships, advanced planets, pvp/fps/ops, ppl questing on expansion planets, etc

So, i cant comment on Satele Shan, but Darth Malgus seems healthy population-wise.