SWTOR Summer Roadmap

EricMusco

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey all,

Still reading through the thread and all of your comments. I saw a number of times the Stronghold was mentioned and the question raised about whether you have to PvP.

Easy answer - Nope! This is your stronghold and you'll purchase it on the fleet just like all the other strongholds. The PvP designated areas will have hooks so you can customize it with any of your decorations. The difference will be you can use those decorations to block Line of Sight, create barriers, and even set up chairs for other players to observe the action. But, it's your choice on how you use your own Stronghold.

It'll have a fun beach area for those of us who like to catch some sun and...and lots more. It's a very large Stronghold.

I also saw a question about Strongholds being purchased by a Guild and the answer to that is - Yes it can be a Guild Stronghold, too.

We'll keep reading your comments. Keep in mind, the Roadmap doesn't provide you with all the details so you can expect to see more information, and gain access to the changes on PTS toward the end of June.

Thanks,

Keith---

Edited by KeithKanneg

Hey all,

Still reading through the thread and all of your comments. I saw a number of times the Stronghold was mentioned and the question raised about whether you have to PvP.

Easy answer - Nope! This is your stronghold and you'll purchase it on the fleet just like all the other strongholds. The PvP designated areas will have hooks so you can customize it with any of your decorations. The difference will be you can use those decorations to block Line of Sight, create barriers, and even set up chairs for other players to observe the action. But, it's your choice on how you use your own Stronghold.

It'll have a fun beach area for those of us who like to catch some sun and...and lots more. It's a very large Stronghold.

I also saw a question about Strongholds being purchased by a Guild and the answer to that is - Yes it can a Guild Stronghold, too.

We'll keep reading your comments. Keep in mind, the Roadmap doesn't provide you with all the details so you can expect to see more information, and gain access to the changes on PTS toward the end of June.

Thanks,

Keith---

Thank you for this. Now back to buying decorations for it and saving to purchase it. On that note, I will quietly leave and leave the discussion for the pvp players. Have fun!

Edited by casirabit

Hey all,

Easy answer - Nope! This is your stronghold and you'll purchase it on the fleet just like all the other strongholds. *snip*

I also saw a question about Strongholds being purchased by a Guild and the answer to that is - Yes it can a Guild Stronghold, too.

Keith---

That's all kinds of awesome. Thanks for the response, Keith Kanneg!

Edited by Nmyownworld

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

Whew, that's a relief. I'm totally cool with Rishi having features that let people run PvP events in it, after all. I was just concerned that might PvP would be a requirement for getting it. On this point at least, my mind has been put at ease! :)

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

Thanks for clarifying!

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

Hey Keith! Now that that is out of the way, could you by any chance address the oversaturation of exploits and cheating going on in ranked? This will be yet another season where rating tiers will be overbloated because of it and, top 3 rewards will be gated behind exploiters who will most likely sell the accounts with these rewards on third-party websites.

I do not mind BW doing more for PvP players it more that BW are saying FU to solo players.

I agree to your Interpretation. Story and Solo Player get another 6-8 months nothing because the devs waste their ressources für PvP.

I'm very disapointed about that, nothing that game really Needs.

There will be content for PvE & solo players too, maybe in September, maybe earlier. We know Lord Scourge, Kira Carsen and Jaesa Willsaam are scheduled to return soon. There are already hints about new companions to be introduced into the game, aka Paxton Rall, for example.

I do understand your frustration, since i'm not into PvP either. What we need now is patience, there's a saying in my country - " Rome wasn't built in one day".

Thanks,

Keith---

Whoa!!! A PvP area for a guild as well...interesting Keith...

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

The only thing you have taken from all these pages is about a Stronghold? Which lets face it are hardly the most amazing things in the world where you are restricted by hooks. Go look at what SWG's did or Elder Scrolls Online and see what can be achieved when you can put an item on a table. As for the chairs you mention for people to sit in. Can you actually sit in them?

What about the concerns raised for what the Summer of SWTOR is going to bring for solo or story players.

And yes I know you will want to rehash how amazing story players got it in the last 12 months with 3 whole story updates! But the story was bad, first flashpoint aimlessly chasing the traitor, second flashpoint aimlessly chasing the traitor, 3rd flashpoint traitor wasn't really a traitor doesn't make a whole lot of sense given most the year was spent chasing him while he worked for your enemy. Then you get to turn up too late to do anything and some how lose everything you have worked with in the last 2 years.

So after such a low note to end on, those players can look forward to nothing new for the next 6 months.

Which leads to a final question, have you been brought in to shut this game down ready for Anthem, as two Sci-fi MMO's where you get to experience your own story is one too many for EA?

The only thing you have taken from all these pages is about a Stronghold? Which lets face it are hardly the most amazing things in the world where you are restricted by hooks. Go look at what SWG's did or Elder Scrolls Online and see what can be achieved when you can put an item on a table. As for the chairs you mention for people to sit in. Can you actually sit in them?

What about the concerns raised for what the Summer of SWTOR is going to bring for solo or story players.

And yes I know you will want to rehash how amazing story players got it in the last 12 months with 3 whole story updates! But the story was bad, first flashpoint aimlessly chasing the traitor, second flashpoint aimlessly chasing the traitor, 3rd flashpoint traitor wasn't really a traitor doesn't make a whole lot of sense given most the year was spent chasing him while he worked for your enemy. Then you get to turn up too late to do anything and some how lose everything you have worked with in the last 2 years.

So after such a low note to end on, those players can look forward to nothing new for the next 6 months.

Which leads to a final question, have you been brought in to shut this game down ready for Anthem, as two Sci-fi MMO's where you get to experience your own story is one too many for EA?

Ah I see the story players are now "doom and glooming" a refreshing sight.

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

While we have not seen it and stepped into it yet... I do think it is a very nice innovation in the MMO market to have player housing that is effectively able to be a configured PvP instance for players, by invitation.

The only thing you have taken from all these pages is about a Stronghold?

Presumptive much?

Just because he commented on the stronghold specifically (which does have high interest from players, just based on the feedback and questions, in NO WAY implies that this is Keith's only take away from all the feedback. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

Presumptive much?

Just because he commented on the stronghold specifically (which does have high interest from players, just based on the feedback and questions, in NO WAY implies that this is Keith's only take away from all the feedback. :rolleyes:

Its not presumptive, its about what he chose to comment on.

He made no comment other than about strongholds.

He didn't even say 'I appreciate the roadmap is misleading when I said 'For our Story and PvE players, you have not been forgotten and coming this Fall' I didn't mean you would have to wait until fall for anything for story and pve content', which is how it reads.

He chose to focus exclusively about questions raised about stronghold and not made any mention of anything else, so it would be presumptive to think he had taken anything else away from it as his given no indication of this.

While how popular strongholds are would be a question for metrics. To suggest that in a post focused on PvP and Strongholds, that this marks an overall gauge of interest would be false. What you can say is that Strongholds appear to have more interest than PvP or the other way round. But had he posted about 6.0 or the like, might that not have created the most interest.

Its not presumptive, its about what he chose to comment on.

He made no comment other than about strongholds...... so far

You forgot the "... so far"... more likely deliberately avoided it.

He responded to what appears to be the hottest single topic (not the only topic.. so don't go nutty on me) early... with some clarifications to some valid aspects of the coming stronghold. ;) And you want to turn it into something evil. :rolleyes:

Here's a thought... you have specific questions you want answered.... start a topic specific thread about said questions... like everyone else does (as the PvPers have done about cross faction WZs). Though, based on your recent posting history.. I honestly think you may just want to pick at scabs and create drama around the roadmap.

Edited by Andryah

No no no...here is where you're losing me. Unlike Ops, half the participants in PvP are going to "fail" by design - there is no Operation in this game where half the people won't be rewarded. You absolutely MUST reward participation in PvP...unequivocally. The mats are what I'm willing to concede, not rewards.

Tux, did you read the rest of my post? :D

I did concede that participation rewards work in part because it encourages people to pvp. My caveat was that they shouldn’t be close to same amount of rewards as you get for a win. I dont think mats should be rewards or if they are, they shouldn’t be rewarded for losing,

I also said that rewards in pvp would be better if they were linked to trying to win. I laid out the reasons and how they could do it fairly.

I know participation rewards are here to stay, my point was they need to rework what they are and how they are rewarded so that people are incentivised to try and play properly and hopefully have fun winning.

If you give people rewards for just sitting in a corner all match, then some people will do that because they don’t want to pvp, they just want the rewards. At least in an OP you have to try or you get nothing.

If you are going to have a big carrot, you better make sure the donkey has to work for it or he’s going to get fat and lazy ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If you are going to have a big carrot, you better make sure the donkey has to work for it or he’s going to get fat and lazy ;)

There's a very easy way to fix this issue.../ignore should work like it does in PvE...if you piss off enough people and you make enough /ignore lists, you're screwed! Actions need to have consequences...at the very least, allow /ignore to restrict who we compete with in Ranked...maybe not for regs, but for Ranked it absolutely should.

Edited by TUXs

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

Thanks Keith!

I really appreciate the clarification and it sets my mind to ease. I'm really looking forward to the new stronghold. :D

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

Keith, you guys are en fuego!!!:D

Hey all,

Thanks,

Keith---

Thanks Keith, that's comforting to know! See ya'll on the beach then, woo!

Thanks Keith, that's comforting to know! See ya'll on the beach then, woo!

Waiting now on Lunafox to request the volley ball court decoration, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, coolers, etc. :D

LOL.. and I guess some of us will be looking over our armor collections tabs to find appropriate pieces of gear to role play swim-suits too. :p

Edited by Andryah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.