SWTOR Summer Roadmap

EricMusco

You know.. you really need (and want) actual multi-color beach themed umbrellas that can either be stood upright in the sand, or ones that lay angled on their sides on the sand. :D

You know...I really do. Plus that pesky patch on the dune umbrella bugs the OCD in me lol. :D

Pssssst! Lunafox! Please request some exotic drinks with tiny umbrellas! And an army of attractive women! ( a lot of Risha clones will do) . Thank you! :D

Umbrella drinks couldn't hurt and I'll be sure to ask for attractive MEN to wait on me and Casira and Jenny and Misha and all my other lovely lady friends (and some attractive Women too, for my male guests). Someone for everyone I say! :D A rainbow of Twi'leks sound lovely :D

... and a hot tub... don’t forget to ask for a hot tub and cabana boys and girls to serve the drinks 🍸

Of course, servants and a nice (large hook) hot tub to help the fun in the sun along are a must. :cool:

EDIT: Okay I made a suggestion thread here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9600966#post9600966

Please support it and add your own ideas and wants for Beach Time Fun in SWTOR :D

Edited by Lunafox

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No harm having an option. You dont have to to chose to do it.

The harm in any kill option is the near-certainty that there will be no content for that character going forward (Arcann being the only exception so far). The character may as well be dead even if you don't kill them.

There will be content for PvE & solo players too, maybe in September, maybe earlier. We know Lord Scourge, Kira Carsen and Jaesa Willsaam are scheduled to return soon. There are already hints about new companions to be introduced into the game, aka Paxton Rall, for example.

Don't expect September. They wrote "fall" and "end of the year", leading to the next year. November. If we're lucky.

Scourge, Kira and Jaesa are so clearly scheduled that they even made it to the roadmap. Oh, wait, not.

Even though Keith claims that he doesn't mention everything in his roadmaps, feel free to go and check his previous ones. Everything that happened to the game was mentioned in his roadmaps. They know exactly what they are doing and when they are doing it. Whenever he remains vague, this is on purpose, to stall time.

Paxton Rall will be part of the new story which starts - at the end of the year. Charles has commented on that. And a new companion is not real content anyway.

Well, the situation is how it is. They can just do one thing at a time. 2017 was OPs time. 2018 is PvP time. 2019 sounds like story time. But how many will wait until then? We will see.

I've got a question with regards to the tank nerf and overall raid damage. I'd love to get an answer from Keith on this one. If you add up the total dps increase of 8 best in slot raiders (an entire NiM raid team) from upgrading from 228 to 240 augments and then subtract the damage from two best in slot tanks after the tank nerf, is the result positive and if so how much?

I still have great reservations about the effects of the tank nerf on the affect of overall raid dps for NiM and some HM content. If the two quantities I mentioned above cancel each other out, doesn't that mean the tank nerf was a pretty big deal and should be undone and a new solution found ASAP?

I'll also say I'm surprised at how positive many of the reactions I've seen are. I find the roadmap rather stark at how little resources are being put into this game. Basically 8 months and maybe a new operations boss. I'm glad the game still is open and there's a lot left I have to do, but it is what it is. I think anyone can see and ponder how this compares to other MMORPG's and their expansions.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

Hey Keith! Now that that is out of the way, could you by any chance address the oversaturation of exploits and cheating going on in ranked? This will be yet another season where rating tiers will be overbloated because of it and, top 3 rewards will be gated behind exploiters who will most likely sell the accounts with these rewards on third-party websites.

I'm curious what good it would do for them to publicize what they are working on regarding cheats/exploiters/hackers/etc. If they publicize it the cheaters will have extra time to prepare for how to cheat in new ways for the next season. They'll know what to avoid going forward.

I think this (and anything else they are doing behind the scenes while polishing up the banhammer) are one of the few things that are probably best kept behind the scenes. Haven't they punished cheaters in the past by letting them think they would get the rewards and then take them away all at once at the end when they have the full range of data to go through? I like that punishment very much--what a colossal waste of time the cheaters experienced when the rug gets pulled from under them at the end when they thought they were so "cleverly" "getting away" with their cheating ways.

I think no matter what they do/say/publicize, it will never, ever fully solve the cheating problems that all games have. The only thing they can do (just like the way the criminal justice system works) is punish the offenders effectively enough that they hopefully do not want to do it again (or they go away, at least) and it will send a clear message to any future cheaters (like when they announce what they smashed with the banhammer AFTER the smashing is done).

I'm not saying they're doing a super bang-up job on stopping cheating as they could but it's a lose-lose situation for them to bother commenting on it any further than Keith just did in the Roadmap (we're aware of the cheaters and working on it). As long as we know they're not ignoring it I feel better about it.

So, the miracle has gone, we all get this stronghold...and for me time slows more and more till the Rishi-stronghold is buyable :D

In nearly every thread i read things as: "the game is dead", "the story is bad", "you do nothing for us" an lot of other panic- and agression-like comments.

Sorry guys: we get a timeline for half a year and maybe PVP-content was a bit too low "under the carpet" - this game is already so huge, you will get more content...but all you can do is painting it all with darkest black colour...

Sometimes i think that the devs can do wat they are able to do and some of you cannot be satisfied.

THAT sucks!:(

Markus

and you all suck at reading to be honest lol....

From the roadmap- For our Story and PvE players, you have not been forgotten and coming this Fall, along with the return of some very cool Companions, and big updates for Guilds, we’ll introduce a completely new storyline that will kick off a new set of challenges and adventures that will continue into the new year.

so new story (or 6.0) is coming fall and will continue into 2019... so its not that far off. just a few months

The March 2019 was about the comment of waiting on Anthem to launch for programmers to swtor. And that little snip you quoted ? It doesn't refer to 6.0.

Edited by Keta

Happy to get the Road Map, thank you Keith! Looking forward to the changes and content. Especially excited about a new Stronghold (and the PVP functionality implied), so let me first quote something from the Road Map and then make a heartfelt plea:

A key piece of feedback we’ve received is that more of you want to provide us with feedback prior to the release of an update. This was extremely valuable last year for both Galactic Starfighter and the Gods from the Machine Operation. The interaction between our developers and players was extensive and made a serious improvement to the quality and functionality of both. As a result, our plan is to give more players the opportunity to participate with us on our Public Test Server (PTS) in the testing of pre-release gameplay including some of the PvP changes planned this summer.

The benefits of the feedback absolutely showed in the quality of both those updates. I am very heartened to hear that it's a practice you want to continue and expand on. Please do the same thing for strongholds.

Strongholds are a great feature within this game that a lot of people are very passionate about, but which are desperately in need of attention, QOL, and updates. It may be a little harder to playtest this I suppose, but I beg of you to please read what people write in your forums about it and take heed. Posters like myself and Xina_LA have been prolific in giving you comprehensive feedback (and even tools) and contributing to forum posts that might help in hearing your players and identifying where the bugs and issues are, but we have hardly been alone in the SH feedback. (I mean, does anyone from the team even read the Strongholds subforum? ;_; )

In particular with a new SH coming out I beg of you to give serious forethought and attention to the question of increasing stronghold caps, and hook placement. (Hook placement in particular should be critical if you really want people to have as much freedom as possible in using it as a PVP arena.) Both of those are posts in the Suggestion Box by me which include image references, detail, and obviously suggestions. This post of mine in the Bug Reports forum even includes a spreadsheet database of all the game's decos that can be filtered and sorted to find some of the bugs that need addressing.

Edited by JediBoadicea

Thank you for this announcement so we aren't kept in the dark! The only reason I play SWTOR is for the solo storylines and such, I don't really care about PVP or guilds. Looks like I don't need to sub again until the end of the year :( Edited by DarkMatterSlifus

Why can't we all try to get along? There are no " PvP players" and " Story/solo players", there are just players. The community does not need to be divided, we can all enjoy what we have, or move to a new game. We have the only Star Wars MMO on the market. Yes, there will be others, worse or better than SWTOR. Yes, we will hate or love different sorts of new games, that's the way things go. But while we are here, let's try to not jump at each other's throat, please.

Thankies!

If story/solo players were really what was keeping the game alive all by themselves, then the server populations wouldn't have all taken a nosedive after the brief boost when KotFE first came out. EA wouldn't have had to merge servers to deal with record low populations. And EA wouldn't have switched gears from catering to story/solo players (as they did for two straight years) to first PvE and now PvP centric players.

Also, calling PvP players "trash" is immature and unnecessary. I don't even like PvP, I don't find it fun at all, but even I am glad they're getting a little attention at last. Everything doesn't have to cater to you and your play style. Other people's play styles are just as valid as yours. Grow up.

Much of this. ^

While I consider storytelling the 'core' of SWTOR as a game, it isn't everything either. Will it suck for someone like myself that I have nothing to look forward to until Septemberish? Yeah, it will but if we compare the amount of content released for Story over the past 2-3'ish years versus the amount of content for PvE/PvP, it feels right that the focus shifts for now. Mind you, I'm talking about the amount of content, not the quality or the pace of release.

Ideally, Bioware could cater to all niches and players of the game per release but we've already seen that's just not feasible. Which is unfortunate especially since these current release methods are just creating constant divide and nastiness among players.

Anyway, perhaps we can try and just be a little more supportive of each other instead of blaming and resenting one another. We may have different play styles but we all play the same game too.

Anyway, perhaps we can try and just be a little more supportive of each other instead of blaming and resenting one another. We may have different play styles but we all play the same game too.

Well said, sir or m'am! Hopefully the people will listen and cease this pointless forum war.

Much of this. ^

While I consider storytelling the 'core' of SWTOR as a game, it isn't everything either. Will it suck for someone like myself that I have nothing to look forward to until Septemberish? Yeah, it will but if we compare the amount of content released for Story over the past 2-3'ish years versus the amount of content for PvE/PvP, it feels right that the focus shifts for now. Mind you, I'm talking about the amount of content, not the quality or the pace of release.

Ideally, Bioware could cater to all niches and players of the game per release but we've already seen that's just not feasible. Which is unfortunate especially since these current release methods are just creating constant divide and nastiness among players.

This.

Hey all,

Still reading through the thread and all of your comments. I saw a number of times the Stronghold was mentioned and the question raised about whether you have to PvP.

Easy answer - Nope! This is your stronghold and you'll purchase it on the fleet just like all the other strongholds. The PvP designated areas will have hooks so you can customize it with any of your decorations. The difference will be you can use those decorations to block Line of Sight, create barriers, and even set up chairs for other players to observe the action. But, it's your choice on how you use your own Stronghold.

It'll have a fun beach area for those of us who like to catch some sun and...and lots more. It's a very large Stronghold.

I also saw a question about Strongholds being purchased by a Guild and the answer to that is - Yes it can be a Guild Stronghold, too.

We'll keep reading your comments. Keep in mind, the Roadmap doesn't provide you with all the details so you can expect to see more information, and gain access to the changes on PTS toward the end of June.

Thanks,

Keith---

Hey Kieth ... just a quick question about this stronghold. I'd like it to look like home. I live on Hawaii Island. Can we get a hook for a Volcano centerpiece? :)

One erupting ash clouds and spewing vog, obscuring line of sight might be perfect. ;)

If story/solo players were really what was keeping the game alive all by themselves, then the server populations wouldn't have all taken a nosedive after the brief boost when KotFE first came out. EA wouldn't have had to merge servers to deal with record low populations. And EA wouldn't have switched gears from catering to story/solo players (as they did for two straight years) to first PvE and now PvP centric players..

To be fair, there was far more wrong with 4.0 & 5.0 than it's solo/story focus. You can only blame part of the sub loss on that, and how much of that part we will never know. Shifting focus to group content for a year and a half didn't seem to stem the tide of loses, it just changed which type of player was leaving faster.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a pvp focused patch! It's the blame game that I can't stand. Over the past 3 years every group has been given cause for complaint. Bad decisions, bugs, low quality & neglect have affected everyone and that is what should be getting the blame for the dwindling population. It's just been a swinging pendulum on who is getting it worst at the moment. Except GSF. GSF always gets it worst.

While the PvP focus is much better there is nothing in that roadmap that addresses the lack of participation in lowbie and mid PvP there needs to be more incentives to get people to que.

ATM there is no reason to do lowbie and Mid for anyone that isn't interested in PvP. Players can get more experience, more and better gear, simply by doing the heroics over spending an hour to two waiting on Lowbie or mid pop.

Just my 2 cents.

Overall, it means more players will have more reasons to stick around and continue playing the game, which is good for EVERYONE, not just PvPers and not just PvEers.

I can't really see how this can be true.

I guess PvP / Ops oriented players, still do the story content at least once to see how it plays out, while story/solo players don't necessarily play PvP or Ops.

Anyways, i'm a pure solo-story player, i can't play multiplayer content because of the awfull lags... Even solo content is awfull sometimes because of that.

So there's absolutely nothing for me untill september at best from what we can read on this roadmap, that's a bit sad. I'll play as much as i can until my sub end, after that, i'll probably do something else untill the nex story content is available :(