Legacy System (aka Dont alt or your screwed)

Krowwe

You got some by getting legacy, and the legacy bar is shared between all characters.

The point I was making is that those other 5 characters you have, if levels AFTER your first unlocked legacy, would have contributed a lot MORE xp towards that.

Chill. My one high character is level 35 and his legacy point bar is allmost filled up. So...the odds are you will have the max legacy points you can have before the feature to use them is even live.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delete those alts and re-level them! The story is so cool!

Chill. My one high character is level 35 and his legacy point bar is allmost filled up. So...the odds are you will have the max legacy points you can have before the feature to use them is even live.

Just a quick FYI--there are multiple legacy levels. i.e. when you fill the bar, welcome to legacy level 2. You'll be 1/2 through legacy level 3 at 50.

Edited by Zhit

MMOG's (at least well designed ones) should slowly lead the person into the game, not slam them with every tidbit of knowledge that will likely not affect the average person for 30 or more levels.

I wholeheartedly agree. It might be good for all those experienced in MMO's to know everything at the start, but they have to cater these games to the people that are just starting out, and information overload is worse than useless. If anything, it drives people away from the game because the end up with too much to think about.

I had a similar thing happen to me in that other popular MMO. When they made changes to hunter gear in patch 1.something, my hunter was the best geared hunter on my server. Once the changes were made, all of a sudden, half my gear was useless and needed to be replaced. Sure, I was annoyed, but if I'd been smart, I would have looked into the notes about the new system before it arrived.

If you're one of those experienced MMO players that likes to have all the information on stuff before you start, ITS NOT HARD TO FIND. Just go looking for it and you'll get all the information you need. Stop blaming Bioware for your laziness.

This is just for information purposes I guess, but I am halfway through legacy level 7 after being 50 for about 4 days.

The closer you get to 50 the more xp you contribute, so the ammount you would have gained by all those alts probably wouldnt be a drop in the bucket compared to what you would gain by just 1 higher level character getting 1 level worth of experience.

I havent done the exact math or any indepth testing, but i'm sure you will see this.

(I have done the entire bit solo btw, grouping probably would have been even more)

How exactly are people being punished ?

i have 3 characters one my main who recently got legacy and my 2 alts i rolled to play with friends. one of the alts i was already advanced class when i unlocked legacy and the other i rolled after i unlocked legacy. i haven't missed out on anything, just because i didn't get that whole amazing amount of xp from 1-10, yeah i'm probably behind people who may have concentrated on one character and be a much higher legacy then me but at the end of the day it is just a bar moving across my screen it isn't giving me anything so why should i feel dissappointed cause i didn't get it before i leveled other characters.

After level 10 if you click your talent tree you can see the legacy page and it says all rewards and what not will be given when its implemented.

looking forward to any info on what the rewards are gonna be when its released in the meantime just playing the game same as always watching the bar above that more.

Edited by IncredibleBulk

You are completely missing the point.

Yea, I enjoyed leveling them, but had I known about this, I would have leveled my main to this point, THEN gone back and made alts, thus getting the enjoyment AND the benefit.

well to be frank, ur dumb for making this a big deal. technically your Supposed to level a guy to 50, make a legacy name nd THEN make alts, ur alts arent supposed to help level your main/highest level toon because its THEIR legacy, get it?

You got some by getting legacy, and the legacy bar is shared between all characters.

The point I was making is that those other 5 characters you have, if levels AFTER your first unlocked legacy, would have contributed a lot MORE xp towards that.

by ALOOTOTOLFOTTLOLFNkdshg;lihgsl;kdhg;serhg;sihgdkgbs;kjge MOREREREREEE do you mean all of te +50 that you get every like 3 levels? ohhhh no, maybe you should have leveled you main completely then made alts like BW clearly stated when they announced how to use the Legacy system.... but no instead of going on google and double checking what it when it bleeped onto your screen, you assumed it was just a title and was all like "oh cool and stuff" and now your whiny about the +1000 points out of the possible 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 legacy points available. it must be so nervewrecking, do you want a cookie for telling everyone you failed? QQ and if its a big deal the relevel them they are all low levels anyway so whats the problem?

It is a non-issue. The "benefits" of Legacy right now is only the Surname that you can optionally add. Not much else.

does it affect the darth title? cuz i really don't want to be in a flashpoint and all my buddies are like "dude can you PLEASE GET YOUR STUPID LONG *** title out of my way" every 20 seconds. like darth taylen "surname"?

does it affect the darth title? cuz i really don't want to be in a flashpoint and all my buddies are like "dude can you PLEASE GET YOUR STUPID LONG *** title out of my way" every 20 seconds. like darth taylen "surname"?

Both are optional and can be turned off. That is unless you were one of those that added the "Darth" to your name before earning the real title.

I understand exactly what the term means. It is the implementation in this game that worries me.

If it was as simple as "Your highest level leaves a legacy to those after them", then fine.

But when I log in a level 1 character and see +50 legacy xp, then I go to character select and realise how many levels I have played on alts WITHOUT getting that....

That is a LOT of +50s I have been cheated of, because of a system that has never been satisfactorily explained.

Example, this morning I have played a new character from level 1 to level 10.

That earned me 9% of a legacy level.

I have 6 other characters who have already passed level 10, so that is at LEAST 45% of a legacy level I have missed out on (subtracting the fact that my main is one of the 6, and would not have gotten it I accept).

That means that the player who knows about this, and powers 1 character straight up, instead of exploring the game, is going to be a lot better off.

How are you being cheated out of something you didnt obtain until the end of act 1? You seriously feel you deserve all of that XP even though you didnt earn the Legacy Option til AFTER you completed those missions...entitled players never stop before they get ahead of themselves. Greed is Greed.

Yea, I enjoyed leveling them, but had I known about this, I would have leveled my main to this point, THEN gone back and made alts, thus getting the enjoyment AND the benefit.

Whole point of the system is to give you an indicator of how long you've been at max lvl dude, spend an hour at lvl cap doing dailies and you will make up all that lost +50 your upset about.

I am not 100% sure, but I have a feeling that legacy xp starts accumulating before you reach legacy level anyway. My game told me I completed a legacy level long before I finished act one, even though the legacy bar didn't move; I had a 20 BH at the time as well.

I didn't look at the bar when it became active to check whether or not it started at the same level as everyone else, but I definitely got the "level up" animation and "you have achieved a legacy level" 1 time in the middle of another level before I finished act one.

? Is if all those alt's that someone creates before the first toon reaches Legacy lvl, when those other pre-legacy alt's reach Legacy lvl can they also create a legacy. When post-legacy toons are created can you choose what legacy to use per toon? :confused: Edited by oneKODIAK

I hate to say it, but...

What Legacy System? We get a name attached to each toon? Thats the new innovative encouragement from bioware to continue playing and incentive to roll a new toon? I've heard this talked up but almost every member of the team in forums, posts, in person, in interviews.... all over, but have yet to see one detail about it.

"STAY TUNED! More info on the legacy system coming soon!" Any idea WHEN?

Until then in regards to the op, does it really matter? I have 2 alts and 1main, 1x50 1 dang near 50 and the other just getting started. Frankly with all the push for progression in the game, I sincerely hope the legacy system is retro-active and grandfathers in toons created after the legacy is created, if not you are just screwing your launch customers and handing out candy to the people who come in later and play less. That, to me, sounds bass-ackwards.

So my first character got to 32 last night, finished Act 1, and unlocked the legacy system.

I thought "cool" and chose a last name and went about my business.

Then I logged over to one of my alts and did a bit of killing.... thats when I noticed the Legacy XP bar ticking up.

It wasnt until then it hit me...

I have alts at 22, 20, 19, 17, and 11.

NONE of them have been contributing to my Legacy.

That is 89 Levels of questing, discoveries, kills, etc and NONE of it has contributed to my legacy AT ALL.

So basically BW is telling us all "You must get 1 character to the end of Act 1 before you make ANY alts, or you get boned".

So you suggest a big neon sign at the start of your first planet saying "do not play any other characters until you finish the first act with this one"?

Yeah, you are right: YOU DID NOT KNOW! Ignorance can be a bliss but in this case you could have read some more if you cared so much about the Legacy system.

Easy one: blame yourself.