New Augments – Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this bit of information:

To craft these Augments will require the same materials as those introduced in Game Update 5.6, but at higher quantities.

I am not happy that you left information out about how many of each of the new crafting materials we will need to craft these, but I am glad to know that you will not be introducing new mats to make them.

On the other hand, I still think that your attempts to make things more of a grind in this game is off putting. I haven't liked your recent flashpoints, and in fact I prefer doing operations and pvp, and I am not fond of doing flashpoints on more than an occasional basis. I know that you need to justify the work that you do, but requiring this grind is a tremendously bad idea to me.

What's wrong with Bind on Equip? That way people who have no interest whatsoever in doing the FP could buy the schematic off GTN.

It's Bind on Pickup that would be truly idiotic (schematics dropping for characters who couldn't learn them, etc.)

Yea, I got BOP and BOE mixed up...opps.

to be fair, BOE for these are better than BOL. BOL means you can only send them your toons, BOE means you can send them to your toons, give them away or sell them. So BOE makes more sense to me.

Yea, mixed the BOE - BOP up. BOE is better - at least for sellers, buying them is going to be dreadfully expensive!!

Can Uprisings get some love? I have never done them, because I don't see a point. No motivation to invest the time in them without a suitable reward. Similarly for Master Mode flashpoints.

Maybe in a future update, you can have the crafted mats drop from completing Master Flashpoints and Uprisings?

If they truly are aimed at ranked PVP an NiM raiders, then why are the schematics only available thru a FP? SNIP....

Why? It's the only way bioware could get people to run the story FP enough to make their numbers look good. If it's designed like umbara or copera, it wont really be worth running as much as bioware thinks it should be.

[color=#f9d648.The new Augments will all be in a single tier at Item Rating 240 at Legendary quality. The stat distribution for these Augments will mirror the ones which were introduced in Game Update 5.6 (with the Copero Flashpoint).

To craft these Augments will require the same materials as those introduced in Game Update 5.6, but at higher quantities. As a reminder those materials can be found in Command Crates, from Master Mode Operation bosses, and from Ranked PvP Missions. We are also going to add crafting boxes with those materials to Conquests. Medium Yield planets will have a small crafting box and Large Yield Planets will have a large crafting box.

The Schematics to learn these new Augments will not be taught from a trainer. They will be Bind on Equip drops from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In Master Mode, every boss has a chance to drop a Schematic and the final boss is guaranteed to drop one. Every enemy throughout the Flashpoint has a very low chance to drop one as well.

That is the breakdown of what you can expect of the new Augments, coming in Game Update 5.9. Thanks everyone, let us know if you have any questions.

-eric[/color]

The info provided is pretty vague at best, any who would you please clarify some more details.

#1 New 240 Augs you mention that the stat distribution will mirror what was previous introduced with the 236 ones. Does this mean the overall stats will be higher? And assuming the same type of augments as in the 236 ones?

Currently 236 ones:

Super Absorb Augment 46 (+33 End/76 Power/98 Absorb)

Super Alacrity Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Alacrity)

Super Accuracy Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Accuracy)

Super Shield Augment 46 (+33 End/76 Power/98 Shield)

Super Versatile Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Mastery)

Super Critical Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Crit)

Superior Redoubt Augment 46 (+33 End/76 Power/98 Defense)

So if the 240 augs are higher would you be able to let us know the stats?

#2 These new augs will require the same new matts that the 236 ones do, but at higher quantities.

What exactly are the numbers for higher quantities?

Current each 236 augment requires: 2 CMT, 1 EMC Will the 240 ones be double or triple this?

#3 Adding crafting boxes with those materials to conquest - Medium Yield - small box, Large Yield - large box.

Care to elaborate on how many CMT and EMC will be in each box?

#4 The new schematics only drop from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In MM every boss has a chance to drop a schematic while the final boss is guaranteed to drop one, also every enemy has a very low chance to drop one as well.

Do the schematics only have a chance to drop just in the MM of this FP or is there a chance in other instances of this FP (Story, Vet)? Also can you elaborate more on the chance percentages? You mention every boss in MM has a chance what percentage chance is it 20%, 40%?

This really is not a breakdown, it's a vague statement of a tiny bit of information. Augs are iLvl 240, take more quantities of CMT, EMC, and other matts. And that the schematics drop BOE from the new FP, in MM the last boss is guaranteed a drop, while there is a chance for other bosses and enemies to drop schematics.

Edited by Ibokagain

The Schematics to learn these new Augments will not be taught from a trainer. They will be Bind on Equip drops from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In Master Mode, every boss has a chance to drop a Schematic and the final boss is guaranteed to drop one. Every enemy throughout the Flashpoint has a very low chance to drop one as well.

So they're only dropping from Master Mode?

The info provided is pretty vague at best, any who would you please clarify some more details.

#1 New 240 Augs you mention that the stat distribution will mirror what was previous introduced with the 236 ones. Does this mean the overall stats will be higher? And assuming the same type of augments as in the 236 ones?

Currently 236 ones:

Super Absorb Augment 46 (+33 End/76 Power/98 Absorb)

Super Alacrity Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Alacrity)

Super Accuracy Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Accuracy)

Super Shield Augment 46 (+33 End/76 Power/98 Shield)

Super Versatile Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Mastery)

Super Critical Augment 46 (+33 Power/76 End/98 Crit)

Superior Redoubt Augment 46 (+33 End/76 Power/98 Defense)

So if the 240 augs are higher would you be able to let us know the stats?

#2 These new augs will require the same new matts that the 236 ones do, but at higher quantities.

What exactly are the numbers for higher quantities?

Current each 236 augment requires: 2 CMT, 1 EMC Will the 240 ones be double or triple this?

#3 The new schematics only drop from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In MM every boss has a chance to drop a schematic while the final boss is guaranteed to drop one, also every enemy has a very low chance to drop one as well.

Do the schematics only have a chance to drop just in the MM of this FP or is there a chance in other instances of this FP (Story, Vet)? Also can you elaborate more on the chance percentages? You mention every boss in MM has a chance what percentage chance is it 20%, 40%?

This really is not a breakdown, it's a vague statement of a tiny bit of information. Augs are iLvl 240, take more quantities of CMT, EMC, and other matts. And that the schematics drop BOE from the new FP, in MM the last boss is guaranteed a drop, while there is a chance for other bosses and enemies to drop schematics.

I think they are purposefully vague on exact mat quantities and exact stat distribution. But other than that, I think you understand much better than most people in this thread.

TL;DR (for folks that don't understand):

240 augs: same as 236 augs, but cost more mats, and have slightly better stats. Schematics drop in the new FP. Grind the mats the same way as 236 augs with the added bonus of being able to acquire them in Conquests.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

My first legit complaint about this is to not break from the current gear levels and the naming convention.

236 = Legendary

240 = Artifact

242 = Legendary

246 = Artifact

248 = Legendary

Please either make the augments 240 Artifacts or 242 Legendary. DO NOT MAKE THEM 240 LEGENDARY.

"Equip == Use" in this case.

Now that I think about it, we should get clarification. I say this because there is really no reason to describe a schematic as BOE since they're never "equipped". And once it's used, it's of course bound. Further, it doesn't really encourage running the FP if ppl can just sell these on the GTN. So I wonder if Eric meant to say BoP? I sincerely hope not. I really really really hope not. But that seems more consistent with the (implied) objective.

How do they continue to get things so wrong....

There are probably less than 100 people who will even bother

No way for PVP content to get schematics

Nobody wants or needs new augments but yet here we are ffs

Edited by Glocko

Yeah, awesome, way to go, gate the schematics behind a solitary MM FP, and then make it really difficult for smaller guilds (read raiding guilds...) to get the materials via conquest.

Seconded. I know we wanted them to up the rewards but way to manage it while screwing small guilds worse musco.

Seconded. I know we wanted them to up the rewards but way to manage it while screwing small guilds worse musco.

Yup. I mean, up the MM weekly to 5 instead of three, tie in the schematics to the bonus & final bosses...and award some CMT's for completing the weekly, or some such.

That way raiders via group PVE can have better access to the mats and such versus being forced to do ranked. I mean I like ranked, but not everyone else does.

If it's bind on equip, as they have stated, then the wrong crafter wouldnt be able to learn it, so there is no reason to be concerned.

NVM, read it wrong, that's why I shouldn't read the forums when I am tired.

Edited by casirabit

Bind on Equip? Sorry you don't equip the schematics, you learn them so this needs to be legacy bound instead. Bind on equip works well for equipment not for schematics.

This is also confusing to me too. Current schematics are BoL. It seems that these are intentionally NOT that. The question tho is, are these going to be BoP which means you MUST run the FP to get a shot at making these? Or BoE, which although weird to describe schematics, means that you will be able to post/sell/trade these, and you won't have to run the FP whatsoever?

If BoE, I suppose it will work out fine for those that don't want to run the FP (and not clear if it needs to be Master Mode either). But if it's BoP, that would really stink...

Hey folks,

One of the things we have talked about is that with the launch of Game Update 5.9, there will be a new set of Augments introduced. These Augments are primarily targeted at players who participate in the games most difficult content, Operations and Ranked Warzones. Let’s talk about what they are and how you get them.

The new Augments will all be in a single tier at Item Rating 240 at Legendary quality. The stat distribution for these Augments will mirror the ones which were introduced in Game Update 5.6 (with the Copero Flashpoint).

To craft these Augments will require the same materials as those introduced in Game Update 5.6, but at higher quantities. As a reminder those materials can be found in Command Crates, from Master Mode Operation bosses, and from Ranked PvP Missions. We are also going to add crafting boxes with those materials to Conquests. Medium Yield planets will have a small crafting box and Large Yield Planets will have a large crafting box.

That is the breakdown of what you can expect of the new Augments, coming in Game Update 5.9. Thanks everyone, let us know if you have any questions.

-eric

Eric, I’ve asked this question 3-4 times now and you said to ask again if you didn’t provide this info.

Are you going to change Bolster to accomodate these extra stats in REG pvp??

You and I know that they won’t be limited to people only wearing them in Ranked. Which means people in regs with bolstered gear will have an even bigger gear gap than before you increased Bolster last time.

Personally I don’t want you to increase Bolster. But something needs to be done or reg pvp will go back to being about gear gods and new lvl 70 people or Alts won’t want to pvp because that’s not fun.

What I think should happen is you should remove Augments completely from the Bolster calculations so that people with gear below 242 can wear them and it not affect their bolstered gear.

At the moment if you equip any Augments to gear below 242, it degrades your bolstered gear and in most cases (depending on the Augments), you can actually end up with worse stats than if you have none equiped.

If you remove the Augments from the Bolster calculation in pvp, the 248 geared people can still have better gear, but the people trying to get gear who need Bolster can still use Augments and them be detrimental to their bolstered gear.

Can we please have an answer to this as I’ve now asked 3-4 times and you said to ask if it wasn’t answered when you made this thread.

Edited by TrixxieTriss