New Augments – Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's BOE - then technically you can mail it to your alt. If it was BOP then you couldn't.

If it’s BOE, they will be sold on the GTN. I have a feeling that Eric may mean BOE for legacy only. Just like the current ones are. I think it’s just a mistype or he didn’t receive the right info.

I expect he’ll come back and say it’s BOL

If it’s BOE, they will be sold on the GTN. I have a feeling that Eric may mean BOE for legacy only. Just like the current ones are. I think it’s just a mistype or he didn’t receive the right info.

I think this is accurate. It seems like a typo, and I've asked for clarification too. Either BoL or BoP seems more consistent with the (implied) objective of gating these behind the new FP. Would LOVE to be wrong on that tho...

Musco with a typo? That's craztpy talk! Next thing you'll say he will mess up time zones or dates or something

Hey folks,

The Schematics to learn these new Augments will not be taught from a trainer. They will be Bind on Equip drops from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In Master Mode, every boss has a chance to drop a Schematic and the final boss is guaranteed to drop one. Every enemy throughout the Flashpoint has a very low chance to drop one as well.

so there is no way to get these through PvP then...even though some of the mats require you to do ranked PvP *slow clap* also, having to run a flashpoint over and over and over and over and over and over and over again just to craft some new augs is such a bad idea, especially if the flashpoint is like copero or god forbid that abysmal umbara flashpoint.

also it would appear the taint of ben irving still lingers with the RNG drop chance *shudders*

Edited by benmas

Yeah and why wouldn't it be sold on the GTN they did mention in prior that the new augs schematics would be from the last fp aka where you get Theron. So I'd imagine in their vague post when they said BOE it's BOE. Nothing else is really truely know besides that they are iLvL 240.

so there is no way to get these through PvP then...even though some of the mats require you to do ranked PvP *slow clap* also, having to run a flashpoint over and over and over and over and over and over and over again just to craft some new augs is such a bad idea, especially if the flashpoint is like copero or god forbid that abysmal umbara flashpoint.

also it would appear the taint of ben irving still lingers with the RNG drop chance *shudders*

lol yup they are living and dying by the RNG hence everything is now RNG. Next up in patch 5.10 CM items you buy are RNG along with selling items on GTN are RNG

That’s how they “add new content” for pvpers. They encourage you to play things you don’t want to ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That’s how they “add new content” for pvpers. They encourage you to play things you don’t want to ;)

I COULD get the materials if I did Ranked PvP.

The problem? NOBODY QUEUES FOR IT. I sat in Solo Ranked queue for nine hours yesterday. How many pops did I get? ZERO.

They've done stuff before that was Boe and not able to be sold on the market, had to be traded. We'll see what happens.

I don't see myself personally grinding for this, not like I need them with my raid team dead and 90% of the game being bolstered. Not really feeling the 'Must have now bug'. I may still buy some schems if they can be put up though, for crafting/money purposes. (If these work the same way as the others, it doesn't really help with the speed of anything under bolster, except pvp?)

I do like that the mats are being added as conquest rewards.

They will be Bind on Equip

This is unclear since you cannot equip a schematic :)

I hope they are freely trade able (or at least bound to legacy) so that you don't have to do the FP with your crafting characters.

Hey folks,

We are also going to add crafting boxes with those materials to Conquests. Medium Yield planets will have a small crafting box and Large Yield Planets will have a large crafting box.

-eric

And once again you crap all over the smaller guilds. You change conquest to the detriment of small guilds, you lock mats behind a conquest that small guilds cannot compete with. Great. Thanks. Keep up the outstanding work.

Whose the fool that works in your department that thinks these augments are targetted for NiM or Ranked PVPers? Everyone will want them.

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

Hey folks,

The Schematics to learn these new Augments will not be taught from a trainer. They will be Bind on Equip drops from the new Flashpoint in 5.9. In Master Mode, every boss has a chance to drop a Schematic and the final boss is guaranteed to drop one. Every enemy throughout the Flashpoint has a very low chance to drop one as well.

That is the breakdown of what you can expect of the new Augments, coming in Game Update 5.9. Thanks everyone, let us know if you have any questions.

-eric

How can you force pvp players to play PVE in order to GET NEW AUGMENTS FOR PLAYING RANKED PVP. Are you completely lost yourselves?

If you want to be competitive in ranked pvp you must do PVE first or spend millions of credits on gtn, ISNT IT EXCITING :mad:

Have you considered this:

What if it binds to someone on the wrong character that cannot craft that or do you care about that? If it is like the others only specific crafting professions craft specific augments. You might want to consider that but you should have considered that before you did this.

Eric wrote "bind on equip" and not "bind on pickup" so nothing to see here. :-)

If you want to be competitive in ranked pvp you must do PVE first or spend millions of credits on gtn, ISNT IT EXCITING :mad:

PvP doesnt have repair bills, and pretty much just gain, gain, gain, so if you are solely a pvper, and you dont have money saved up , then its your responsibility to check your soending habits and adjust them.

How can you force pvp players to play PVE in order to GET NEW AUGMENTS FOR PLAYING RANKED PVP. Are you completely lost yourselves?

The same way those dummies make PVE players do PVP for a companion that can only be used in PVE.

bioware just has this really warped way of doing things and it's screwed up so much in this game.

Why are PVP people in an uproar? Plenty of people are trading current bis augments for just mats so I'm sure some people will still do the same. Just farm mats and trade with someone that does the flashpoint once and gets the recipe you are looking for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.