Theron Shan (5.9) Request

Paulsutherland

I think they were trying to add a little DS corruption without making her look like a zombie, but it just made her look like she's ill. They need to get rid of the red around the eyes and nose, because she looks like she feels miserable. Even though I don't like her, no one should have to deal with a perpetual cold, and no aloe kleenex. That's just cruel. Other than that, I think her looks are fine.

I personally think the Theron story has hurt her character as well as Theron's. There are two lights it casts her in and neither are particularly flattering. !, She's in the loop and part of the deception. 2. She's not involved but then looks pretty incompetent as a spymaster. The Theron traitor arc just isn't great. I think there are a few ways to turn it around but I doubt they'll go that route.

There should NOT be a kill option though. The kill options are too game disrupting when they don't have the ability to create story for both the no kill and kill options.

Agreed on all counts. The designers have not been kind to my poor girl with how they've messed with her. I feel like giving her a little shadow under her eyes could give that DS corruption, but the redness isn't nice. On the other hand they could just leave her with the eyes. For the most part she seems to be DS like Anakin in the end of the RotS movie, where he has the glowing yellow eyes but that's it.

And I also agree that they seem to be writing her and Theron into a corner that makes them both look bad and unsympathetic. If Theron's undercover and she's in on it, she's been staging a really adept performance for months and lying right to the Commander's face, and that's not going to shatter trust. If she's not in on it, the Copero emails and cut scenes make her seem like she's about to go off the rails and go full-out DS. Neither one bodes well for her. Same with Theron - if he's undercover there are all these trust issues that arise and if he's not, well, that's not good either.

I am still personally hoping for the corruption/clone/control possibilities which would get him and Lana both off the hook. If Lana kills his clone and he's safe, and had nothing to do with it, yay, everyone's safe and nobody was a traitor or liar.

And to reiterate what you said, as well: NO kill options. I get it, some people don't like either or both of them. As mentioned Theron's not my favorite at all now. Hate the guy. But I want those who love him to have him in their game and not have him or Lana get bricked. If we could trust Bioware to do right by the story and create alternate paths it would be different.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on all counts. The designers have not been kind to my poor girl with how they've messed with her. I feel like giving her a little shadow under her eyes could give that DS corruption, but the redness isn't nice. On the other hand they could just leave her with the eyes. For the most part she seems to be DS like Anakin in the end of the RotS movie, where he has the glowing yellow eyes but that's it.

And I also agree that they seem to be writing her and Theron into a corner that makes them both look bad and unsympathetic. If Theron's undercover and she's in on it, she's been staging a really adept performance for months and lying right to the Commander's face, and that's not going to shatter trust. If she's not in on it, the Copero emails and cut scenes make her seem like she's about to go off the rails and go full-out DS. Neither one bodes well for her. Same with Theron - if he's undercover there are all these trust issues that arise and if he's not, well, that's not good either.

I am still personally hoping for the corruption/clone/control possibilities which would get him and Lana both off the hook. If Lana kills his clone and he's safe, and had nothing to do with it, yay, everyone's safe and nobody was a traitor or liar.

And to reiterate what you said, as well: NO kill options. I get it, some people don't like either or both of them. As mentioned Theron's not my favorite at all now. Hate the guy. But I want those who love him to have him in their game and not have him or Lana get bricked. If we could trust Bioware to do right by the story and create alternate paths it would be different.

You already told us countless times you hate Theron, please stop. Romance whoever you want, just don't try to get other LIs killed.

What's especially weird is that there are more male companions than female ones, so it's not as if they lacked candidates for female characters to romance.

That's...such a good point. In at least a few of the classes there would have been multiple options. I mean, in the SW story they do give you a one-night stand with Pierce if you want it, so they were going there already (and IMHO he was a better match than Quinn for some Warriors so he certainly should have been a viable option).

In the Jedi Consular storyline, Zenith maybe?

Talos for the SI? I know Talos isn't where everyone would immediately go for romance options, but I feel like he would have written really entertaining love letters and probably would have treated the SI like a queen.

The fact that Lana tends to be more of a DS companion is probably why I don't get along with her. I tend to play pretty LS. I have one toon who's DS and I am not at all attached. Maybe she'll get along with Lana. Though, I finished her class story and probably won't progress any further with her.

Edited by DuchessKristania

I adore Vector and wouldn't have paid any attention to Lokin if he were romanceable, but it does really bother be that that more than one class story has multiple romances for male players but only one for female players. I mean, sure you can sleep with more than one of the male comps as a consular and as a sith warrior, but you don't actually get the choice to have a romance with Theran or Pierce. You can only have a flirtation and roll in the hay,.

And for those two, the female character looks really bad afterwards. Pierce says, "Now THAT'S what I call a bonus! (Which they ripped the voice line and added it to Pierce's gift line when you give him something he loves)." And Tharan is all, "That was nice distraction. Back to business."

It's gross and the female characters looks gross.

But the guys? They get well thought out romances and even potential cat fights as the girls get jealous of each other.

Furthermore: The VERY FEW flirt/sex options females get in the story in general? Also makes the female characters look pathetic and skeezy. The Agent, if she sleeps with the Zabrak guy on Hutta (the one who was all like, "you're the Red Blade, huh?") actually puts her head in her hands in EMBARRASSMENT afterwards. And then if you choose to NOT poison the GROSS FAT GUY on Nar Shaddaa, he was also like, "That was a pleasant distraction." And he was kind of skeevy as well. And Phi-Ton? That's a nice guilt trip you get if you don't consummate the marriage because now he's gonna never reach maturity. I know it's the same for the male agent and the female Voss counterpart of Phi-Ton, but seeing as the male agent looks like a super seductive James Bond type as he gets to bang his way across the galaxy, it's just another notch on his bedpost.

Gross. Furthering my suspicion that Bioware is run by dudebros who have severe Madonna/Whore complexes.

Edited by AngFour

You already told us countless times you hate Theron, please stop. Romance whoever you want, just don't try to get other LIs killed.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said I don't want kill options for anyone. I've said that multiple times in many threads,

I'm not going to engage with you again because you're not even reading what's posted.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Valkorion looks like a grandfather but I still find him attractive! Is that weird? :d_cool:

No - why should an older person not look attractive? Think about Sean Connery. I think he looked older even better than when he was much younger. But it is personal taste of course. And I find Valkorion attractive as well. Senya too - although with the new version of her she looks much younger than before I think. I do liked her older look though.

She doesn't support killing LI's. She's said that many many times. The point she was trying to make is that whether she likes a character or not the character shoutd NOT be killable. So, she's fighting against giving Theron a kill option.

Edited by DuchessKristania

No - why should an older person not look attractive? Think about Sean Connery. I think he looked older even better than when he was much younger. But it is personal taste of course. And I find Valkorion attractive as well. Senya too - although with the new version of her she looks much younger than before I think. I do liked her older look though.

Or Sam Eliot. Holy crap! I'm 33 and that man seriously makes me think that old men may not be so bad... :D

I think men tend to get more attractive with age. But that's my personal opinion.🤔 I haven't been big on the Hollywood actors, but yeah, Sean is an attractive man, although I am not attracted to him. I do agree that he aged nicely. :)

Or Sam Eliot. Holy crap! I'm 33 and that man seriously makes me think that old men may not be so bad... :D

I'm 29 and I find a 71 year old totally handsome!

Edited by Eshvara

Talos for the SI? I know Talos isn't where everyone would immediately go for romance options, but I feel like he would have written really entertaining love letters and probably would have treated the SI like a queen.

Oh man, I now so sad to be reminded that Talos wasn't an option. My LS female SI would have fit so much better with him than Andronikus who seems really pushy.

I love Talos. My Agent uses him as her main crafter, meaning he's rank 50 (High ranked companions are head canoned as her actual inner circle). He's so enthusiastic about everything. And so upbeat! And funny! I adore Talos to pieces.

Edit: I also head canon that Vector and Talos are friends and have been friends since the Academy (they're the same age). Just....sigh, I wish BW didn't hate the female players as much as they do :(

Edited by AngFour

And for those two, the female character looks really bad afterwards. Pierce says, "Now THAT'S what I call a bonus! (Which they ripped the voice line and added it to Pierce's gift line when you give him something he loves)." And Tharan is all, "That was nice distraction. Back to business."

It's gross and the female characters looks gross.

But the guys? They get well thought out romances and even potential cat fights as the girls get jealous of each other.

Furthermore: The VERY FEW flirt/sex options females get in the story in general? Also makes the female characters look pathetic and skeezy. The Agent, if she sleeps with the Zabrak guy on Hutta (the one who was all like, "you're the Red Blade, huh?") actually puts her head in her hands in EMBARRASSMENT afterwards. And then if you choose to NOT poison the GROSS FAT GUY on Nar Shaddaa, he was also like, "That was a pleasant distraction." And he was kind of skeevy as well. And Phi-Ton? That's a nice guilt trip you get if you don't consummate the marriage because now he's gonna never reach maturity. I know it's the same for the male agent and the female Voss counterpart of Phi-Ton, but seeing as the male agent looks like a super seductive James Bond type as he gets to bang his way across the galaxy, it's just another notch on his bedpost.

Gross. Furthering my suspicion that Bioware is run by dudebros who have severe Madonna/Whore complexes.

OMG YES on all of this. And it makes it seem like the SW is ordering Pierce to keep um, having fun with her, because if you say you enjoyed the fling, there's a line like "consider that part of your duties now." Yuck.

I always think Urtel Morten, the Sith that the SI can have a one-night stand with on Alderaan, is the anomaly because he's just so sweet and nice and seems like a character that the SI might actually want to romance. He wants to take the SI to dinner, even. It's really cute and I was sorry he wasn't a recruitable character.

But the others, ugh. I refused to have my Agent sleep with the guy on Nar Shaddaa and instead she talked her way around things without sleeping with him OR poisoning him. And then in the Nar Shaddaa bonus series the male players get to have a fling with that lovely Sith lord, but the female players are stuck with that skeevy Imperial agent. Ugh.

She doesn't support killing LI's. She's said that many many times. The point she was trying to make is that whether she likes a character or not the character shoutd NOT be killable. So, she's fighting against giving Theron a kill option.

And how exactly am i wrong? I cannot kill Lana, Raina, Elera, Vector, why should my LI get killed?

Oh man, I now so sad to be reminded that Talos wasn't an option. My LS female SI would have fit so much better with him than Andronikus who seems really pushy.

I love Talos. My Agent uses him as her main crafter, meaning he's rank 50 (High ranked companions are head canoned as her actual inner circle). He's so enthusiastic about everything. And so upbeat! And funny! I adore Talos to pieces.

Edit: I also head canon that Vector and Talos are friends and have been friends since the Academy (they're the same age). Just....sigh, I wish BW didn't hate the female players as much as they do :(

BW needed - needs to do better by female players, for sure. Both straight and LGBT.

I always head canon my SI as having nerdy talks with Talos. Just the two of them sitting there for hours talking about some obscure piece of lore or Sith artwork. Going to Yavin during SoR with my SI must have been like Christmas morning for him. :D I just love him. My Sith Warrior loved recruiting him and chatting with him in KOTFE too, in my head canon.

I always wondered why they didn't use Talos more in KOTFE and KOTET, actually. Given his experiences with the Sith Inquisitor and all that Force Walking, plus all his extensive knowledge about Sith history and rituals, I feel like he should have been the go-to person to help the Commander figure out how to get rid of Valkorion or at least defend against him.

IoNonSoEVero is agreeing that Theron should not be killed. He is an LI and therefore should be off limits.

As I said earlier, but my message got buried. LI's should not even be put in a position story wise that would even warrant this kind of conversation.

And how exactly am i wrong? I cannot kill Lana, Raina, Elera, Vector, why should my LI get killed?

She is not the one that started this post. Maybe you need to review that. She has constantly stated that no romance companions should be killed.

i dont think he is the traitor ad all

but just plays to get close to the traitor and am sure its lana doing also

both theran and lana working together for a long time

if that is the case what will the commander do after its all done and see those 2 working behind his/her back

to get to the real traitor

will the commander kill both lana and theran ore wil he/she spare them ??

No one's LIshould be killed. I'm really confused as to what you're even arguing, since you're arguing with someone who is saying that NO LIs should be killed. She doesn't want kill options for anyone, I don't want kill options for anyone, you don't want kill options for anyone. Why are you quoting and disagreeing with people who are on the same page about NO kill options? Seriously, what are you reading that you're getting the impression she wants any of your LIs killed? She's a guildmate, we talk outside the game. I can assure you that she is not one of the people asking for kill options. She even made an entire forum thread about how the kill options need to stop.

No one's LIshould be killed. I'm really confused as to what you're even arguing, since you're arguing with someone who is saying that NO LIs should be killed. She doesn't want kill options for anyone, I don't want kill options for anyone, you don't want kill options for anyone. Why are you quoting and disagreeing with people who are on the same page about NO kill options? Seriously, what are you reading that you're getting the impression she wants any of your LIs killed? She's a guildmate, we talk outside the game. I can assure you that she is not one of the people asking for kill options. She even made an entire forum thread about how the kill options need to stop.

Fine, as you say, i'm out of your topic. Enjoy.

i dont think he is the traitor ad all

but just plays to get close to the traitor and am sure its lana doing also

both theran and lana working together for a long time

if that is the case what will the commander do after its all done and see those 2 working behind his/her back

to get to the real traitor

will the commander kill both lana and theran ore wil he/she spare them ??

I might spare them if they are work together to take out the big boss behind but I still slap their face hard cause they work behind my back even they did that for a greater good. Why? They are believed in me and took great risk to get me out of the carbonate to save the galaxy then why would all of sudden they can not talk to me what they are dealing and trying to work behind my back?

If Theron dies, through the story, meaning we have no option, or by giving players the option I am done.

Quinn's return was messed up, customizations don't work, and it isn't replayable. His holo deco doesn't work in any of my strongholds, he is just a naked default Quinn. He doesn't say any of his ambient lines when running around planets anymore. If I had known that going through KotEt would break my favorite LI I never would have taken my mara through it.

I wish I had never done Umbara, and then I wouldn't be so concerned about 5.9 and what this means for him, and for my merc. I probably will not run the new flashpoint on my merc until I know what is in it. But if it is any type of death for my second favorite LI then I have no reason to continue subbing. My raiding guild is gone. Conquest is messed up. Rolling alts has kept me busy while waiting 8 months for Theron's return. I have become a story player, and so far this story has been tough to swallow. I don't want to be forced into deciding between Theron and Lana, or Theron sacrificing himself for the Alliance and for my merc, or BW giving into the kill everyone crowd. Because all those options kill new content with either. Lana may not be my favorite right now, after her letter, but I know there are people who love her like I do Theron. I don't want her silenced either. LI's should not be given kill options if it means they will be written out of the story for everyone else. LI's shouldn't be put in positions that this should even be a topic.

Here, here!

I know this thread is for the bloodthirsty, however Theron is one of my three favourite LIs and should never have become a victim of the story & turned into a beacon of hate for many without good reason. The only good reason I can think of is his voice actor has decided to jack it in, but didn't Keith or Eric confirm this wasn't the case? With so many LIs already given the kill option and those that didn't die have been ruined, it's difficult to see how they can dig themselves out of such a big hole.

I might spare them if they are work together to take out the big boss behind but I still slap their face hard cause they work behind my back even they did that for a greater good. Why? They are believed in me and took great risk to get me out of the carbonate to save the galaxy then why would all of sudden they can not talk to me what they are dealing and trying to work behind my back?

to make it look real and the commander realy things he is the traitor

dont forget lana and theran are very smart in this kind of work

we will see what the outcome may be i hope it wil be epic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.