Theron Shan (5.9) Request

Paulsutherland

I can't wait to shove my lightsaber down Theron's throat. Double agent or not, he's just a bad character and should be removed.

Oooh, look at Mr. Edgy Edgelord, all 15 years old, parroting things just in hope that someone notices.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, look at Mr. Edgy Edgelord, all 15 years old, parroting things just in hope that someone notices.

23, thank you very much. And yes, Theron is a thorn at my side. Betraying me like Quinn deserves no second chances. Quinn had enough. I seem to have caught your attention though.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

23, thank you very much. And yes, Theron is a thorn at my side. Betraying me like Quinn deserves no second chances. Quinn had enough. I seem to have caught your attention though.

If you're in your 20's you're pretty young around here! :p Not that there's anything wrong with whether you're old or not!

Edited by Eshvara

I can't wait to shove my lightsaber down Theron's throat. Double agent or not, he's just a bad character and should be removed.

I think Theron's a great character. He has regrets, conflicting wishes, and is at odds with what many would see as his "destiny." We know a lot about his background and what motivates him.

Why do you think he's a "bad character"? You don't provide any justification for your statement.

to make it look real and the commander realy things he is the traitor

dont forget lana and theran are very smart in this kind of work

we will see what the outcome may be i hope it wil be epic

Smarter than a Cipher Nine Alliance Commander who spent the entirety of Act 2 of their story doing exactly what Theron is doing now?

I'm gonna be super pissed if my Cipher Nine Commander acts super surprised and in awe of Theron and Lana's "mad spy skills." I'm just sayin'.

Smarter than a Cipher Nine Alliance Commander who spent the entirety of Act 2 of their story doing exactly what Theron is doing now?

I'm gonna be super pissed if my Cipher Nine Commander acts super surprised and in awe of Theron and Lana's "mad spy skills." I'm just sayin'.

Completely agreed. I can understand not telling most of the Commanders, but Cipher Nine is at least just as good at this stuff as Theron. There better be a damn good reason to why he didn't say anything about his plans.

Yeah, me too. Theron feels like the exact last person who should be pulling something like this, considering how he felt after Lana let him get captured on Rishi without telling him of her plans.

^^^ ITA with all of this. I feel like there's no good reason he could give for not telling the Commander and Lana about his plans. And if it turns out he AND Lana are in on it, that shatters trust in both characters completely.

I feel like the only safe way out of it would be the "Theron is being controlled" scenario. He dealt with the same agencies that conditioned Cipher Nine. Cipher Nine did what she could to fight against her conditioning; Theron might be doing the same.

There were also people in the Agent story that were able to plausibly impersonate others, like the guy on Tatooine and Hunter. So that's possible too IMHO. Theron was on his own for a while during the Nathema chapter and who knows what happened in the time between KOTET and Iokath.

Both of those would allow the Commander and Lana to rescue Theron without any harm to any of the characters' character, but I don't trust BW to be that smart about it.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

(Quoting my own quote and adding a separate thought)

NOT TO MENTION Cipher Nine spent all of Balmorra infiltrating the resistance there. This stuff ISN'T NEW to C9.

Futhermore: Lana is NOT as good at this as Cipher Nine is. She got placed as head of Sith Intelligence because she showed she was competent, yes, but C9 was then placed as the Sith Intelligence Commander specifically to help and advise Lana on the actual job. C9 wasn't ALLOWED to be the leader of Sith Intelligence because that would defeat the purpose of calling it "Sith Intelligence." That's directly from Marr when my agent was like, "Uhhhh, and why not me?"

Lana was placed purely because she was a Sith who showed a flair for intelligence/spy work. Not because she was the BEST at it.

She also didn't spend much time as the Minister of Sith Intelligence because things went sideways after Ziost and shortly after that the Eternal Empire attacked. She spent maybe a year, TOPS, in an administrative position. She didn't even do spy work THEN. And after the attack from the Eternal Empire, she left to go looking for the Outlander.

TL;DR: Lana may be competent, but she's not even in the same league as Cipher Nine or Theron who did this spy stuff for a living.

But never fear: Because she's the writer's favorite, everyone and their mother in the story will be super congratulatory over how clever she and Theron were. Including my Cipher Nine commander who will probably be all like, "Well done! You completely fooled me! Herp derp!" :rolleyes:

(Quoting my own quote and adding a separate thought)

NOT TO MENTION Cipher Nine spent all of Balmorra infiltrating the resistance there. This stuff ISN'T NEW to C9.

Futhermore: Lana is NOT as good at this as Cipher Nine is. She got placed as head of Sith Intelligence because she showed she was competent, yes, but C9 was then placed as the Sith Intelligence Commander specifically to help and advise Lana on the actual job. C9 wasn't ALLOWED to be the leader of Sith Intelligence because that would defeat the purpose of calling it "Sith Intelligence." That's directly from Marr when my agent was like, "Uhhhh, and why not me?"

Lana was placed purely because she was a Sith who showed a flair for intelligence/spy work. Not because she was the BEST at it.

She also didn't spend much time as the Minister of Sith Intelligence because things went sideways after Ziost and shortly after that the Eternal Empire attacked. She spent maybe a year, TOPS, in an administrative position. She didn't even do spy work THEN. And after the attack from the Eternal Empire, she left to go looking for the Outlander.

TL;DR: Lana may be competent, but she's not even in the same league as Cipher Nine or Theron who did this spy stuff for a living.

But never fear: Because she's the writer's favorite, everyone and their mother in the story will be super congratulatory over how clever she and Theron were. Including my Cipher Nine commander who will probably be all like, "Well done! You completely fooled me! Herp derp!" :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's not what Lana was trained for. She's an amazing advisor and analyst; she's good at tracking down information (the Revanites; the Outlander, etc.). That's what she did.

When they put her as head of Sith Intelligence it was because she was a Sith and because Marr didn't have anyone else he trusted. She did her best (and I don't think Ziost was her fault), but it was not a good match.

But I was surprised that she's called the 'spymaster' in Iokath because that has never been her forte. She's the dark advisor in all the bios and that's where she should stay.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I feel like the only safe way out of it would be the "Theron is being controlled" scenario. He dealt with the same agencies that conditioned Cipher Nine. Cipher Nine did what she could to fight against her conditioning; Theron might be doing the same.

This is plausible. Theron's facial animations looked too pained as he was spouting off the nonsense about the Commander being the rot within the Alliance. I will completely buy the story if this is the case. Still doesn't explain why Lana is going out of character psycho though, unless SHE either knows (Theron might not have the same constraints C9 did with not being able to tell people what's wrong with him), or suspects but doesn't want to blow Theron's cover.

This scenario would allow Lana to save face.

But THAT is putting too much faith in BW's current writing team.

This is plausible. Theron's facial animations looked too pained as he was spouting off the nonsense about the Commander being the rot within the Alliance. I will completely buy the story if this is the case. Still doesn't explain why Lana is going out of character psycho though, unless SHE either knows (Theron might not have the same constraints C9 did with not being able to tell people what's wrong with him), or suspects but doesn't want to blow Theron's cover.

This scenario would allow Lana to save face.

But THAT is putting too much faith in BW's current writing team.

TBH the way they're planning on handling Lana in the next FP worries me as much, if not more, than Theron. They had her totally off the rails in Copero.

In the Agent KOTET story Lana can mention that she read Cipher Nine's file and stopped all the brainwashing programs because of that - so she would be aware of the possibility and exactly what it would mean.

I feel like Lana's current demeanor fits more if we're dealing with a Theron clone or someone pretending to be him. If she suspects it's not really Theron, it would give her a legitimate reason for her character to be so different and enraged She doesn't want to torture or kill Theron; she wants to do that to whomever is pretending to be him. But that might be giving the writers too much credit.

There's a post by someone on Tumblr who gets into detail about what she thinks is going on with Theron, Lana, and the whole thing. I went digging through her posts and found it for you guys to read.

It does reference things that can't be talked about on the forums, but most of it isn't new info, or it's stuff that never made it into the game. And it's more of a breakdown of how to read the conversation logs when looking at that information.

A lot of her claims are pretty solidly backed up by the lore found in the Uprisings, obsessively replaying certain chapters in FE/ET, and tweets/comments from Charles Boyd himself.

It's interesting to read and it sort of made me feel better about the story as a whole -if it proves to be correct. Just will be irritated when/if my Cipher Nine will be scripted to be super surprised by all of this.

Edited by AngFour

There's a post by someone on Tumblr who gets into detail about what she thinks is going on with Theron, Lana, and the whole thing. I went digging through her posts and found it for you guys to read.

It does reference things that can't be talked about on the forums, but most of it isn't new info and it's more of a breakdown of how to read the conversation logs when looking at that information.

A lot of her claims are pretty solidly backed up by the lore found in the Uprisings, obsessively replaying certain chapters in FE/ET, and tweets/comments from Charles Boyd himself.

It's interesting to read and it sort of made me feel better about the story as a whole -if it proves to be correct. Just will be irritated when/if my Cipher Nine will be scripted to be super surprised by all of this.

I read that a while back, and I don't agree with her - and I think it will be super damaging to Lana if she's on Team Undercover after all and has been lying to the Commander all this time. But I've seen some of the Stuff We Can't Talk About Here, and while it doesn't shed any light on what is happening for me, it does raise a lot of interesting questions.

It does reference things that can't be talked about on the forums, but most of it isn't new info and it's more of a breakdown of how to read the conversation logs when looking at that information.

That was a good read - though I still think Zildrog will turn out to be the Gravestone.

I read that a while back, and I don't agree with her - and I think it will be super damaging to Lana if she's on Team Undercover after all and has been lying to the Commander all this time. But I've seen some of the Stuff We Can't Talk About Here, and while it doesn't shed any light on what is happening for me, it does raise a lot of interesting questions.

If Lana has been lying to the Commander... I suppose I'd like the fact that it would make me feel emotions, but I would be pretty crushed. My oldest (and possibly dearest) character, a chiss sniper, is currently in a steady relationship with Lana, and after being stabbed in the back by the Empire she's a little sensitive about people lying to her... I'm not sure I could justify her continuing that relationship, and it breaks my heart, because I really like her and Lana as a couple. :(

If Lana has been lying to the Commander... I suppose I'd like the fact that it would make me feel emotions, but I would be pretty crushed. My oldest (and possibly dearest) character, a chiss sniper, is currently in a steady relationship with Lana, and after being stabbed in the back by the Empire she's a little sensitive about people lying to her... I'm not sure I could justify her continuing that relationship, and it breaks my heart, because I really like her and Lana as a couple. :(

I unfortunately feel the same way. I'd personally be very upset with that outcome. I love Lana and I love the way she and my Sith ladies make great couples, but that would be a betrayal and I don't know if any of my girls could trust her again. They'd at least need a trial separation while they figured stuff out.

I figured, if anything, it would alleviate any fears you might have about a "Virmire" situation between Lana and Theron. Was merely trying to help :)

Remember that the current writers don't have any respect for our characters, so "Team Undercover," which makes THEIR characters look awesome, is most likely in the works. They have to be as generic as possible to accommodate all eight classes you see, and putting any sort of thought into who those characters are (who aren't the JK) is just TOOOO HAAARRD for them.

Lana will be fine. Theron will be fine. Our character's self-respect is probably the biggest thing that will be damaged. (Not that I'm all for killing either Lana or Theron, mind you. But if my Agent were a real person, she would be super pissed and there would be nothing she can do about it.)

I figured, if anything, it would alleviate any fears you might have about a "Virmire" situation between Lana and Theron. Was merely trying to help :)

Remember that the current writers don't have any respect for our characters, so "Team Undercover," which makes THEIR characters look awesome, is most likely in the works. They have to be as generic as possible to accommodate all eight classes you see, and putting any sort of thought into who those characters are (who aren't the JK) is just TOOOO HAAARRD for them.

Lana will be fine. Theron will be fine. Our character's self-respect is probably the biggest thing that will be damaged. (Not that I'm all for killing either Lana or Theron, mind you. But if my Agent were a real person, she would be super pissed and there would be nothing she can do about it.)

I thank you for that. :) I do hope that you're right and that my fears about one or both of them being killable will be assuaged. Even if it would be upsetting Team Undercover *would* keep them both alive (hopefully) and the Commander would probably just smile and shrug about it. :D We are indeed dealing with writers who dont' seem to know or care about what they do to the characters, which makes me jumpy, but hopefully they will build up and not destroy.

It kind of makes me wonder if any of the writers for this game are actually married or have been in any sort of a long term relationships because, honestly, they aren't writing like they are/have been. You guys are absolutely correct about how if Lana has been in on it all along, it wold be a huge breach of trust between her and the Commander, ESPECIALLY if they've been in a relationship with her. (edit: That also goes for Theron.)

And then there's the whole asinine thing about how our characters are PERFECTLY OKAY with not making finding their spouses their number one priority. In real life, if I had found out that there was galactic devastation while I was on ice for five years and now my husband was missing, you had better BELIEVE that I would do everything in my power to make sure he was at least SAFE (and let HIM know I was safe and alive) if not just outright retrieving him immediately. The fact that our characters have gone for nearly two years (and them some for a lot of people who are STILL WAITING for their love interests to return) without a single thought or question about them is so very unrealistic.

*shakes head* The bad writing, hands down, is probably the biggest thing that pisses me off about this game. KNOWING HOW PEOPLE WORK is like rule number one when it comes to writing. *long suffering sigh*

Edited by AngFour

Yeah, me too. Theron feels like the exact last person who should be pulling something like this, considering how he felt after Lana let him get captured on Rishi without telling him of her plans.

both have plans with out any telling any1 about it XD they are great in my few

any most of you saw what theran did in the last scene

he is up to something and am very sure he take a big risk

and maby that the commander might kill him

but that is the risk he gonna take for the good off the pll i think

i hope we get a good and emotional story

If Theron dies, through the story, meaning we have no option, or by giving players the option I am done.

Quinn's return was messed up, customizations don't work, and it isn't replayable. His holo deco doesn't work in any of my strongholds, he is just a naked default Quinn. He doesn't say any of his ambient lines when running around planets anymore. If I had known that going through KotEt would break my favorite LI I never would have taken my mara through it.

I wish I had never done Umbara, and then I wouldn't be so concerned about 5.9 and what this means for him, and for my merc. I probably will not run the new flashpoint on my merc until I know what is in it. But if it is any type of death for my second favorite LI then I have no reason to continue subbing. My raiding guild is gone. Conquest is messed up. Rolling alts has kept me busy while waiting 8 months for Theron's return. I have become a story player, and so far this story has been tough to swallow. I don't want to be forced into deciding between Theron and Lana, or Theron sacrificing himself for the Alliance and for my merc, or BW giving into the kill everyone crowd. Because all those options kill new content with either. Lana may not be my favorite right now, after her letter, but I know there are people who love her like I do Theron. I don't want her silenced either. LI's should not be given kill options if it means they will be written out of the story for everyone else. LI's shouldn't be put in positions that this should even be a topic.

No more Theron in future content, no more SWTOR for the reasons you said. His romance spans literal years in this game, which why I find what was done to his character utterly incomprehensible. If he becomes yet another killable love interest with no more input in future stories like the classic companions, then I'm done.

And he'd better come back with a customization that restores his hair because ew, not that new hair cut.

Edited by RevansSoul

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.