Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

Just be civil. I DO NOT want this game shut down.

If this is how bioware plans to treat the customers who have stuck around with screwed up design that actually hurts game play and playing the game in general (mains or alts), little information on major changes, massive focus on the cash shop and then an unwillingness to revert bad changes with only a wait and see what happens that may take months if not a year, then the game deserves to close.

The SW IP deserves better than what bioware and ea are currently doing and have been doing to it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SW IP deserves better than what bioware and ea are currently doing and have been doing to it.

Deserves it, but the only people who have been treating the SW IP "right" both creatively and financially are Traveller's Tales, with the Lego SW games. Oh, and the SW: Galaxy of Heroes folks, I guess. (I play that game too, it's not bad, for what it is. Much better than the other one I tried).

Hmmm... 833 posts on one thread + 567 posts on a second thread...

The vast majority...

Criticisms of the new system, and many detailing how this system is literal trash.

Has anything changed?

Nope...

'<sarcasm>

But hey, they are going to make the Cartel Market even better and sell even more stuff.

How exciting, right?

'</sarcasm>

^^ agree! when i read the post on the cartel market announcement the following translation immediately popped into my head

"hey guys! our subscription rates have taken a hideous nose-dive and we need the few ppl still gullible enough to spend real money on this game (after we screwed you on conquest) to buy all the things on the cartel market so we actually make money next month. that'd be greaaaat."

not to mention the fact that if i buy a cartel pack, i expect to get at least 2 dedicated slots to what is ACTUALLY IN THE PACK I AM PURCHASING. if i wanted something in one of those other packs i'd buy ONE OF THE OTHER PACKS. Eric, your business model is messed up 6 ways to sunday. Revamp your revamp, fast. This game has so much potential and it's frustrating and disappointing to see how badly you've squandered it.

Well its Tuesday. Which brings me to my new favorite part of Tuesday. Waiting an extra 6 hours for conquest to start. Its really brilliant on so many levels.

Now i get to figure out what I'm not going to do for 6 hours while i wait for conquest to start. Guess ill come to the forums? Post some more "suggestions"

I Unsubbed - You and your team should be fired.

Once per legacy is a ridiculous penalty put on the gamer. A GM of a small guild used to be able to get plenty of conquest with their alts, now they are reliant on the few members they have to maybe cap 1 or 2 characters, if they try. Stop 'fixing' what is not broken. You should seek to add, rather than take away, incentive to play this game. Add content and fix bugs - Write that down until it sinks in, please. :mad:

I'm sorry you've unsubbed...but I agree 100% with you. They've destroyed alt viability...the one thing this game had going for it.

Well its Tuesday. Which brings me to my new favorite part of Tuesday. Waiting an extra 6 hours for conquest to start. Its really brilliant on so many levels.

Now i get to figure out what I'm not going to do for 6 hours while i wait for conquest to start. Guess ill come to the forums? Post some more "suggestions"

I have some suggestions for them, but they're rather macabre and they'd probably delete them.

Hey folks,

Quick update. I already highlighted the changes coming tomorrow in 5.8a but I wanted to let you know that we are still actively discussing future changes to Conquests which will come out in 5.9. I am hoping to have a list of those changes before the end of the week, I will pass on info as I have it.

Thank you for your continued feedback.

-eric

Easy change switch from once per legacy to once per character should have been done on this update.

Do we know yet how many conquest points you get for doing pvp

Well, to make it not too grindy you get 1 for Completing a WZ and 3 for Winning a WZ.

If you buy the 2500CC Command Point Booster you can double that for 30 mins.

All The Best

Hey Eric and Keith...

I noticed when Ashara and Vector came back that there is not a slot in their armor and weapons for due mods or color crystals...was this planned or a bug? Seriously... it’s all I needed to have to beat the game and you took it from me... 😂all jokes aside... thank you for the wonderful game you give us...

Bearbryant

Good question, Flashpoints are in that list as well. Basically, here are the Objectives that should be consistent for content in every Conquest:

• Group Finder: Operations
  • Group Finder: Flashpoints
  • PvP: Participation and Winning
  • GSF: Participation and Winning

It was a bug that this wasn't the case for the Gree Conquest. Let me find out the details on if this is an issue with other Conquests or not and if it is, when it will be addressed.

-eric

Ok, I double checked and this is not an issue for future Conquests. All of the above content Objectives should be in for all Conquests after our next patch.

-eric

Since half of that isn't in the patch notes, does it mean half will not be in the game?

I'm just curious.

I mainly play solo. 2 nice guilds, but only a handful of regular players in them. NO ONE is interested in Conquest in either Imp or Pub guild. 3 of us pooled to buy the guild ship & guild base. I have & play 16 alts. I have never liked Conquest -or- PvP, but If =

there were some repeatable crafting goals

&

a decent planet to do 6+ heroics on,

then I could -sometimes- grit my teeth and endure getting my arse handed to me in Starfighter or PvP enough games worth and manage to make a personal Conquest goal for one or maybe even -2- characters, if i spent ALL WEEK doing nothing but Conquest objectives.

NOW they've taken even THAT away from me. 'Sucks' doesn't -begin- to describe my disgust.

And is it repeatable? Each match or a limit?

You have to complete 10 warzones, it is repeatable daily, and it awards a max of 825 points with 150% stronghold bonus.

In other words, they did as little as they hoped that they could get away with.

Edit: sorry not repeatable daily, but is repeatable by character.

Edited by Exly