Conquest Feedback and Upcoming Changes

EricMusco

Blame should be focused at our colleagues, not the devs. These changes were brought on by player complaints and actions that lead to specific metrics.

Stop lying.

Of all the complaints I have seen about conquest not one of them has ever been that it needs to be more grindy, and more random.

All The Best

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much to to at the moment. I know good and well what he is but I can play along for a while.

It's currently more entertaining than swtor due to bioware complete screw up but I'm sure as hell not doing conquest like I used to in it's current broken state.

The problem with that is that he only has a handful of responses and always repeats and rephrases himself. Aside from a few snarky come-backs, here and there, it's always the same thing. It's like listening to a broken record or reading the same page of a book over and over. And the only way to end it is to just stop replying to him. Let him have his last word since that's what seems to be his main motivator in any discussion he partakes in.

I won't even give him the benefit of holding up my hand and saying "Talk to the hand, because the ears aren't listening." As far as I'm concerned his statements are falling on deaf ears, much like how BW treats the rest of us 99% of the time.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Let's talk about an annoying f'ing bug. I just finished my Hoth dailies, and racked up over 150 kills. Only 100 or so remaining, for Hoth Rampage.

I relogged into an alt to check on something, and when I came back, my kills had been reset to zero.

I'm f'ing PISSED right now.

I see what you did there - you played their broken turd of a conquest system - expecting it to be a rewarding experience.

Let me stop you right there - it's no longer rewarding even in the slightest way.

If you want to avoid getting massively disappointed again and again - I suggest not playing their stupid broken turd conquest system not even a little bit.

I see what you did there - you played their broken turd of a conquest system - expecting it to be a rewarding experience.

Let me stop you right there - it's no longer rewarding even in the slightest way.

If you want to avoid getting massively disappointed again and again - I suggest not playing their stupid broken turd conquest system not even a little bit.

And sadly, this ^ is not a joke.

You want to talk about a system already in game that just needed some tweaks? That was conquest.

Biwoare in their drunken stupor, just took that system and ruined it. Just screwed it up royally but thats not even going to be the worst part of it to come.

bioware is actually going to keep the screw up. They are going to wait and see months if not a year just like galactic command before they get it back to something similar to what they had before they screwed it up. Just like galactic command and having that force feed down your throat vs just using the better, old system reverting back to that, this garbage will be our summer content. Waiting and seeing for bioware to wait and see to make the large enough adjustment to this POC new conquest system.

It shouldn't at this point but it does boggle the mind at how bioware can mess up something this bad after this many years working an MMO but dang it. They did it! Proof is right in the game.

Edited by Quraswren

That will be our summer content. Waiting and seeing for bioware to wait and see to make the large enough adjustment to this POC new conquest system.

This isn't completely accurate. If it's not fixed Tuesday, then I won't be one of those "waiting and seeing", and wasting my money to see if they make those adjustments.

And if someone says "They can't fix it overnight." My only response is "They broke it in just a few hours."

Edited by PorsaLindahl

This isn't completely accurate. If it's not fixed Tuesday, then I won't be one of those "waiting and seeing", and wasting my money to see if they make those adjustments.

Than I hate to see you go because bioware will not fix this in a timely manner. The joke of changes coming next week are just that. A joke in comparison to what needs to happen. A minor adjust to a broken conquest system.

Than I hate to see you go because bioware will not fix this in a timely manner. The joke of changes coming next week are just that. A joke in comparison to what needs to happen. A minor adjust to a broken conquest system.

My sub runs out on Monday. I'll read their patch notes. Then, depending on those, I might log in Tuesday to see the values of the changes, if any. I'll make my determination then on whether I reactivate or just walk away.

And if someone says "They can't fix it overnight." My only response is "They broke it in just a few hours."

And if it's not at least adjusted to acceptable levels by then it's bye bye billing plan for me. Someone higher up should see that if enough do it and someone should start to ask questions. Yeah right, higher ups don't want to know what's going on otherwise they would have noticed in the past.

Regardless, when that happens they'll still have some time to convince me because i'm on the 6 month plan, not doing that again if they don't care now, at most getting a few months at a time manually if they prove themselves EACH time. I don't make these statements often, but I intend to follow through.

Like they say in game "You can't heal stupid.".

And sadly, this ^ is not a joke.

You want to talk about a system already in game that just needed some tweaks? That was conquest.

Biwoare in their drunken stupor, just took that system and ruined it. Just screwed it up royally but thats not even going to be the worst part of it to come.

bioware is actually going to keep the screw up. They are going to wait and see months if not a year just like galactic command before they get it back to something similar to what they had before they screwed it up. Just like galactic command and having that force feed down your throat vs just using the better, old system reverting back to that, this garbage will be our summer content. Waiting and seeing for bioware to wait and see to make the large enough adjustment to this POC new conquest system.

It shouldn't at this point but it does boggle the mind at how bioware can mess up something this bad after this many years working an MMO but dang it. They did it! Proof is right in the game.

Yes lights are definitely out at BioWare!

There will be no further invasion of planets for conquest from our fully unlocked and fully decorated Guild flagship.

It will stay on the fleet from now on.

There will be no further mention of conquest in our guild recruitment messages.

We are a Full Top 3 Conquest Guild - No more.

Try monitoring this - stupid idiots.

I spent most of today wandering around old zones on an alt, opening up map areas and running whatever missions I came across. Why? Because I managed to cap 2 toons (go go WB bug), and there is no way in h*ll I’m going to run PVP all day under these circumstances - which is how I capped 10 toons last week. Don’t get me wrong - it was kind of nice to do something aimless for a change. But, when I can help my guild out with encryptions while playing my favorite game mode, it’s just as fun *and* fulfilling. Old CQ was awesome.

Let's talk about an annoying f'ing bug. I just finished my Hoth dailies, and racked up over 150 kills. Only 100 or so remaining, for Hoth Rampage.

I relogged into an alt to check on something, and when I came back, my kills had been reset to zero.

I'm f'ing PISSED right now.

I feel your pain. I had 245 Ilum kills before I had to log off. Logging back on to 0 killed any further interest in trying to hit my target this week.

My sub runs out on Monday. I'll read their patch notes. Then, depending on those, I might log in Tuesday to see the values of the changes, if any. I'll make my determination then on whether I reactivate or just walk away.

I've already talked to other guild officers in my guild and clearly we all are done with "their conquest" we will play the game how we want to, now how long that last probably not much longer since there really hasn't been any new significant content added to this game compared to many other games that have tons of content added and the fact that they listen to their paying customers. As soon as the remainder of the guild says enough is enough (which seems to be pretty soon) then done the guild is I"m in. We had over 50 subs and now we are below 20. So good job on the patch guys!

Actually the "once per day per legacy" restriction helps smaller guilds far more than it harms them.

The bigger the guild the bigger the pool of characters that can run through a lockout and more points can be farmed, the previous repeatable within legacy system for OPs was the cornerstone of Large and Megaguild Conquest. strategy.

900 players will ALWAYS beat 9 players. every time. only by limiting the number of contributing players can the devs make it at all "fair". And if they do that they might as well just kill conquest all together.

Any change made to boss values will lead to different misuse of the system. If boss 1 gives the same or "enough points to make it worth killing and leaving to reform, people will do it. I can already see people farming DF or EV bosses over and over without having to clear more than 5 npcs.

you cant, they lock out

I really never understood what anyone had against crafting week on conquest.

I've read posts that stated crafting your way to the top of the leaderboard is stupid. Why? It's crafting week!! Crafting WAS the main focus, before the changes. Anyone can craft stuff. Anyone. There was no level requirement, except the higher level your character, the more that you could craft. Now there is kind of a level requirement, if you only acquire mats by farming. Because now you need mats of each grade to make 1 war supply.

What was so annoying about the old conquest crafting?

Eric, you guys need to extend double XP and CXP for a week or two because this week’s Double XP and CXP has been a failure because of the GC debacle.

This could help ease some bad feeling about Galactic Command and possibly lure some people back to the game who have walked away in the last few months, especially the last few days.

Double XP and CXP was supposed to be about the release of this new CG system. So extending it after the “semi fix, reboot” patch on Tuesday should be what happens to allow people to “semi” experience your intent.

Plus it’s Easter and it would be a nice Easter present.

Eric, you guys need to extend double XP and CXP for a week or two because this week’s Double XP and CXP has been a failure because of the GC debacle.

This could help ease some bad feeling about Galactic Command and possibly lure some people back to the game who have walked away in the last few months, especially the last few days.

Double XP and CXP was supposed to be about the release of this new CG system. So extending it after the “semi fix, reboot” patch on Tuesday should be what happens to allow people to “semi” experience your intent.

Plus it’s Easter and it would be a nice Easter present.

Screw double xp. They need to switch off billing as long as they're using the live servers and gaming community to beta test their worthless system.

Crew Skill Requirements

Although the consolidated war supply schematics become available around skill level 150, the materials required to actually manufacture them require much higher gathering skills. For characters that don't want to burn a ton of credits buying materials on GTN and haven't finished the grind to gather Grade 9 materials, this is quite prohibitive. Those characters won't be able to contribute at all to guild war supply stocks.

Screw double xp. They need to switch off billing as long as they're using the live servers and gaming community to beta test their worthless system.

My subscrption is stil cancelled and if they don't convince me to resub before my days run out, I'm leaving this game behind. Reimbursing me for being a beta tester and reverting most changes would be a start.

I will no longer be satisfied with promises and half measures.

Lies after lies, broken promises after broken promises.

This may not be the worst offense, but it's the one that broke my enjoyment.

Yes - Screw double xp/cxp - BioWare needs to focus all their combined two braincells on rolling back their new turd of a conquest system - that they just pushed out - stop playing with it - it stinks!

you cant, they lock out

You're quoting a troll. He doesn't want to understand, or at least he simply refuses to acknowledge he does. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he's wrong. Like you can get that many ops together to finish it part way. With the proposed system there would be fewer people interested in lockout runs, sure there's still be people, but helping up to the final boss may then be hurting yourself more.

The proposed system was to accommodate people that line operations, not people that want to farm them just for the points. People that want to farm last bosses for quick command points will remain doing so, those people will simply get less conquest points with the proposed system.

At least I assume you responded to the troll responding to my post. Don't expect him to respond sensibly, he won't.

Not a beta test, you wish it was a beta, this is an ALPHA test!

Edited by Lyshar

The Conquest Revamp – Goals

We had a few things in mind that we wanted to address as we moved from the old system into the new one. First and foremost were rewards. This includes ensuring that the new system delivers the rewards you earn, but also increasing the overall rewards for participating in Conquests. Here are is what you receive now when you and your Guild complete a conquest:

• A large amount of Credits and CXP via completion of Objectives
  • Personal rewards, including crafting materials, credits, and more
  • Invasion rewards, including crafting materials, credits, Encryptions, and more, which is now rewarded to all Guilds who meet the invasion target.
  • Access to the Fleet vendor which sells special decos and the Master Compendium (Companion Influence boost)

-eric

A large amount of credits - lol, that crap rewards never worth the time to complete conquest in the new system.

Your Feedback

We never saw this revamp as being a perfect change out of the gates, but it is a first step for us in crafting an improved Conquest system. Your feedback is incredibly valuable as we can immediately start making changes to get things to a great place. Now that you understand what our goals were, let’s talk about the things we are hearing from you.

-eric

So learn about your fail and roll back that bull.**** completly. Your planned changes are not enough without a complete Rollback for the crafting part and without the Guild bonuses. You made our guild ships useless.

Please use your Brains one time for thinking, therefor the Lord had give them to you.

A large amount of credits - lol, that crap rewards never worth the time to complete conquest in the new system.

Yeah, that's a low amount of credits that won't cover the average repair bill. If they want to be able to give people rewards they deserve they'd need to fix the economy first so they can see the value of credits. And their way of doing so is taxing everyone more, lets increase sales tax from 6% to 8%. That balances absolutely nothing. If anything people charge more to offset the loss, but it's the already rich that do the most selling.

They'd need more ways to stimulate in game spending, add a lot onto the nightlife event and have it all year around, different kinds of games where the stinking rich can gamble away 10k,50k,100k at a time for unique prizes, add a grindy way so every chip can be upgraded, but also have more involved game for every rank where you can win ranked prize tickets to directly buy prizes.

And when they add enough ways to spend credits they can put in a hard credit cap to prevent the economy from getting unstable again. But that's a dream and they won't do that. Not to mention i'm getting off topic.

My point being: Yeah those rewards are not even worthy of being called a joke, they are humiliatingly SAD!

Well then....my budget of 45 minutes is probably pretty close to accurate. Even so my original outline did not call for any of the one off stuff like Xeno. I know it takes far less time to grab a group from achievement hunters discord. Regardless, bump it to an hour. That still leaves a full hour of play if someone is playing the quoted 3 hour time limit.

You are forgetting that Xeno is once per legacy per week, once you have done that with once toon, no one else from the same legacy will get conquest points from it during the Gree event.