Keith's 3/4/2018 Interview with the Bad Feeling Podcast

Kurj

This are some good news for me, I'm happy that the devs finally acknowledged the needs of MMO PvE players and that we might expect again in the future to get full raids released on some decent schedule. Also in my POV is a + that the game is going back to the empire vs rep because to be honest the entire alliance thing from the start didn't felt natural to me because I cant just picture my sith sorceress which cares about the best interests of the empire after all the history with the pubs to ally with the people like Jorgan and with the republic which she wants to conquer. Edited by Lunablade

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This are some good news for me, I'm happy that the devs finally acknowledged the needs of MMO PvE players and that we might expect again in the future to get full raids released on some decent schedule. Also in my POV is a + that the game is going back to the empire vs rep because to be honest the entire alliance thing from the start didn't felt natural to me because I cant just picture my sith sorceress which cares about the best interests of the empire after all the history with the pubs to ally with the people like Jorgan and with the republic which she wants to conquer.

Then you don't realy understand the Sith. Sith only care about themself, they are no patriots and don't like to serve anyone but themself. That comes with using the dark side. Right now no Sith PC, that choosed to actually become emperor / empress, would ever want to serve the Sith empire again. Only as the new Sith emperor / empress, but nothing less. The willingness to serve the Sith empire again instead of being the most powerfull single person in the galaxy (and use that power to conquer the rest of it) is the mindset of a slave, not a Sith. Now put your shock collar back on, i'll give you an imperial flag in return, i promise :wea_15::hope_02:

Edited by McBaal

Those guys were a little weird for being excited for a level cap increase, new gear, expertise, and a new Op. I mean, out of all the things you can ask for and be excited for, you choose those?

This comes from a very fixed mind set.

The MMO player base is loaded with fixed mind sets... so this is no surprise really.

And MMOs as a genre are almost exclusively centered on forms of "progression" which require players to keep on the hamster wheel to keep up. If you don't like this, MMOs are the wrong game genre for you.

Edited by Andryah

Was a good interview but I am not a fan of pvp. I don't do pvp mainly due to the people playing pvp. Why play pvp when I have to deal with people yelling at me for a mistake. People make mistakes but yelling at them just turns people off whether it is pvp or operations, etc.

I would like the idea of direct sales especially for decorations in the cartel shop.

Well stick your your pve then...90% of the game is catered to the likes of you. You pve'rs cant have it all. Soz.

Then you don't realy understand the Sith. Sith only care about themself, they are no patriots and don't like to serve anyone but themself.

Actually examples of the Darth Marr, Lana Beniko , Darth Decimus and some of the other great sith lords of the past are proving otherwise. My sorceress is well aware of all the corruption which comes from the internal fighting within the empire for the positions and more power but she thinks how that only weakens the empire from within, she doesn't tolerates disloyalty and treason, she always had a goal to become one of the top members of the empire society and one of the most powerful sith in the history but on other hand as a former member of the dark council and someone who had one of the leading positions within the society she wants to leave the great legacy behind her and to be remembered as one of the great sith lords of the past like Tulak Hord which did lead the empire to the rise again and to its glory days and she thinks how that can only be achieved with a pragmatic leadership which cares about the best interests of the empire to strengthen it in the new era and not only her own.

Right now no Sith PC, that choosed to actually become emperor / empress, would ever want to serve the Sith empire again. Only as the new Sith emperor / empress, but nothing less. The willingness to serve the Sith empire again instead of being the most powerfull single person in the galaxy (and use that power to conquer the rest of it) is the mindset of a slave, not a Sith. Now put your shock collar back on, i'll give you an imperial flag in return, i promise :wea_15::hope_02:

My guess is that there will be an option to hold that position still and to be taken as an equal to the Acina for the people which will want to get into a empire society again and maybe even eventually to become the only ruler of the both empires without the act of aggression against their homeland worlds and faction.

Edited by Lunablade

Was a good interview but I am not a fan of pvp. I don't do pvp mainly due to the people playing pvp. Why play pvp when I have to deal with people yelling at me for a mistake. People make mistakes but yelling at them just turns people off whether it is pvp or operations, etc.

I would like the idea of direct sales especially for decorations in the cartel shop.

There are 4 bullet points for PvP, 24 bullet points for things that aren't...I think you've got plenty to look forward to.

Technically you don't need to do ranked pvp to get them, personally, I have maybe crafted about 120-130 of the new superior augments and never done a single ranked game, I just buy the from GTN. But yes, the whole "farming group ranked" with a 4 DPS combo that we have seen now in the last ranked season I hardly think is what the developers intended when they put the material as a reward from Group Ranked.

In the podcast, Keith talks about how you can get the materials as a drop from CXP Packs, but I am not sure if he really thought that comment through, since the implementation I have maybe opened 2000 packs and have maybe gotten 20 purple mats in total. That is enough for 10 augments...

A bit of a change that the Bad Feeling guys don't do ranked and asked anything about the group ranked becoming a material farm queue.

True. You don't need to do ranked, but when it's either do ranked or pay 3mil per augment (so like 30+ mil for one toon, depending on crits, which have really sucked for me), there really isn't a choice for some people. I can't ask my raid team to spent that much credits, since we pretty much only play to raid. As of right now everything is clearable without new augments, I'm just worried about Izax.

Do we want to spent all of our credits now to have more chances to clear it in the first month? Is it needed (not talking about the best raid team in the game, talking about casual NiM raiders)? Will spending 30mil to augment a toon be completely worthless afterwards because new augments and they use the same mats so we just threw 30mil down the drain?

This new augment thing is really annoying as we have 0 info. If anyone on the PTS sees this, please relay the questions to the team. Thanks!

Edited by Eloi_BG

This was very much a 'show the flag' type interview. It was nice that they checked in, but as others correctly noted, they didn't reveal much of anything new. The only concrete, tangible data point revealed (one I asked about a couple weeks ago in the main thread which went unanswered, despite the ease of answering it) was that the new augments rely on mats that already exist in game.

I actually did listen to what Keith said about his aspiration to provide longer-term plans, 6.0 and the "pillars" that will serve as the foundation going forward. Ultimately, however, I'm a results-oriented kind of Hutt. And, as Keith said, now is a "soft time" in terms of content release; hence the reason my friends left (we all still play ESO) so I now just solo here until my sub runs out and I go F2P until 6.0.

I understand he's in budget meetings planning FY 2019, but that is hardly the reason for providing such a short time-frame in terms of content release. It's not like April 16th hits and they suddenly say..."OOH! Now we have funding for summer content!" If that wasn't already budgeted and content development in the pipeline, then 'weesa gotta problem'.

Dasty

Really? this is like the fifth time I've made that mistake ... okay ... you're all female from now on!

Clearly you have not seen the Quinn/Vector/Arcann/Theron/Scourge threads :p We women are many & we love our gaming as much as you do (albeit for different reasons). Do guys really still believe that women don't play MMOs/RPGs? I realise the devs don't but I thought the guys on the forums were a bit more enlightened.

Edited by Sarova

I think that overall most people would prefer to go back to the traditional Imperial vs Republic it's been requested for quite a while, sure there will always be a few that prefers no changes, and naturally, it all comes down to how the storyline of the alliance disbandment is management. But seeing how we this year will continue to get loads of Star Wars content from Disney and other sources, the traditional experiance of Imperial vs Republic is most likely going to allow for a broader recruitment strategy. Edited by RikuvonDrake

I think that overall most people would prefer to go back to the traditional Imperial vs Republic it's been requested for quite a while, sure there will always be a few that prefers no changes, and naturally, it all comes down to how the storyline of the alliance disbandment is management. But seeing how we this year will continue to get loads of Star Wars content from Disney and other sources, the traditional experiance of Imperial vs Republic is most likely going to allow for a broader recruitment strategy.

As with everything else I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be another issue that will divide the community.

I think that overall most people would prefer to go back to the traditional Imperial vs Republic it's been requested for quite a while, sure there will always be a few that prefers no changes, and naturally, it all comes down to how the storyline of the alliance disbandment is management. But seeing how we this year will continue to get loads of Star Wars content from Disney and other sources, the traditional experiance of Imperial vs Republic is most likely going to allow for a broader recruitment strategy.

Probably would depend on your group of people you hang out with or associate with. For my friends and guild we prefer not going back to the traditional imperial vs. Republic. Most of us would prefer the option not something force on us considering a lot of us took characters from the Imperial side and decided to support the Republic.

Probably would depend on your group of people you hang out with or associate with. For my friends and guild we prefer not going back to the traditional imperial vs. Republic. Most of us would prefer the option not something force on us considering a lot of us took characters from the Imperial side and decided to support the Republic.

Charles, Keith and Eric have all hinted towards since last year that they had data to support that most players wished to return back to Imperial vs Republic and do away with the Alliance. Again, there will always be a few that are unhappy with such changes and I guess the only recommendation I can give to you is to then avoid doing the new story on your "main" roleplaying characters and you can playout your Alliance storyline.

Not everyone likes changes, but it's only natural that the story needs to progress in a direction that is prefered by the majority.

Charles, Keith and Eric have all hinted towards since last year that they had data to support that most players wished to return back to Imperial vs Republic and do away with the Alliance. Again, there will always be a few that are unhappy with such changes and I guess the only recommendation I can give to you is to then avoid doing the new story on your "main" roleplaying characters and you can playout your Alliance storyline.

Not everyone likes changes, but it's only natural that the story needs to progress in a direction that is prefered by the majority.

Majority depends on the view of the devs. There have been times that there were specific things requested by the majority that the devs ignored so from my view it is not what the majority wants it is what the devs want and we have to deal with it but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to tell them we think they are wrong. I.E. The way they handled the companions return was awful when the majority ask for a better return but guess what the devs didn't do it.

Edited by casirabit

Majority depends on the view of the devs. There have been times that there were specific things requested by the majority that the devs ignored so from my view it is not what the majority wants it is what the devs want and we have to deal with it but that doesn't mean we don't have the right to tell them we think they are wrong.

Of course, I am not claiming that you, despite being part of a minority, in this case, don't have a right to complain, but trying to say that there is some type of consensus towards keeping the alliance seems somehow quite negligent. That said, personally, I look forward to seeing what they can do with Imperial vs Republic in terms of quality in story, the latter alliance story progression has been quite a bland.

Waiting for the story (apparently it's only snippets from now on) Imp vs. Pub...that's ok. What about a Pub toon that sides with the Empire? Things are going to get might interesting. The Alliance thing seemed like it just got started, my Jedi embraced her role as a good leader. I guess some upsatart is going to kick her off her throne and tell her that she's at the beck and call of some Republic (or Imperial) lackey? Way to be demoted. I'd rather, I don't know, retire or something. Spend time with your chosen LI?

See and all of my characters would gladly give that up to go back to a simpler life.. Where I made a difference, to where yes my name was known and celebrated.. But I could go hide in some corner of the universe if I wanted. I've had this position thrust upon me.. Remember there was no vote, I had no say.. Sorry but I'd like to have a say and ditch the glorified god routine.

Are you Luke Skywalker?

I won't be counted among those "most people."

I agree, me either.

People shouldn't assume a majority for either side when so few have spoken up about it.

I don't want to be restricted to just imp vs. pubs either, I like being in charge of my own faction, but I suppose they're going to mold the game according to their vision--that became very clear to me because of the podcast, the devs will do what they want. Keith seems very much into making the game into what he would like it to be, which is heavy on pvp and ops and such that I have no interest in. I'm a story woman.

The only way I'd accept going back to Imp vs Rep is if regardless of my class I can choose my side, so if I'm a Jedi I can side with the Imperials if I want to, and I can rule that faction, because I don't wish to be a lackey again, especially not for Satele Shan and also I want my beloved comps with me, they have to defect with me. So for example, my Jedi wants to stay Imp side, rule, and she gets to keep Theron with her.

I won't be counted among those "most people."

I don't know anyone who wouldn't want more options, but the fact that KEITH stated it would return to Pub vs Imp is pretty cut and dry. I'd prefer a 3/4 option of keeping your Eternal Throne and becoming an ally of either side when you want, but I highly doubt we'll see that as a possibility.

I agree, me either.

People shouldn't assume a majority for either side when so few have spoken up about it.

I don't want to be restricted to just imp vs. pubs either, I like being in charge of my own faction

It doesn't really matter what people here want - KEITH said they're returning to Imp vs Pub...not the players. None of us seem to be in the majority, except for hating the "one-size-fits-all" stories...

It doesn't really matter what people here want - KEITH said they're returning to Imp vs Pub...not the players. None of us seem to be in the majority, except for hating the "one-size-fits-all" stories...

Yeah, that's definitely the impression I got off that podcast as well, that the game is going to be what Keith wants, not what we want. I'm not in love with one size fits all story, but I'd rather that than no story at all.

I'm getting upset and frustrated cause story is what makes this game and yet the powers that be are all about doing anything but that, because that's what THEY like. :(

Yeah, that's definitely the impression I got off that podcast as well, that the game is going to be what Keith wants, not what we want. I'm not in love with one size fits all story, but I'd rather that than no story at all.

I'm getting upset and frustrated cause story is what makes this game and yet the powers that be are all about doing anything but that, because that's what THEY like. :(

The problem with that, is when they focus on what they want and not what the customers want they run the risk of losing more customers and I am not really sure they can afford to do that.

I keep hearing this is what I like (from the devs) and then saying they listen to the core group of players. Which core group. The ones that agree with him? There have been players that have been here since launch and have supported them through everything but will they continue to do so? I am not so sure.

The problem with that, is when they focus on what they want and not what the customers want they run the risk of losing more customers and I am not really sure they can afford to do that.

I keep hearing this is what I like (from the devs) and then saying they listen to the core group of players. Which core group. The ones that agree with him? There have been players that have been here since launch and have supported them through everything but will they continue to do so? I am not so sure.

They can't afford to lose more customers, IMHO - but they don't seem to care very much.

I personally think they're listening to exactly that "core group" - the ones that agree with what Keith and the others want to do with this game. I noticed in the notes they acknowledged what Ops players preferred but did not say anything at all in acknowledgement that others aren't happy with the current situation.

I also noted that they warned there would be a long content drought before any 6.0 - apparently they don't think the current situation (a grand total of three flashpoints in a year, no other story updates and two-minute companion returns) qualifies as a content drought already.

Someone has to make the call. Imp vs pub or stay as head of 3rd faction against both... they are pretty much mutually exclusive story tracks. I've seen folks on both sides of this, but it's BW chooses one or the other, of they just do no story at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they are focusing on Ops and group content is to give them time to come up with some convoluted storyline that's supposed to appease both sides (and the 6 other story suggestions I've seen complete with "do it this way or I'm quitting")