Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

I always wanted to romance Saren and the illusive man! Also Legion.

Ahum*:rak_03:

Bring Vaylin back!! She needs to be healed and Paul needs his crazy insane dark side partner in crime companion.:rak_03:

And I'd like to have hair under the hood like she did.:D

Don't forget the head lumps ... I want head lumps too!!! Granted I don't know what the head lumps are, but I want them for my Inquisitor!

Edited by Paulsutherland

Don't forget the head lumps ... I want head lumps too!!! Granted I don't know what the head lumps are, but I want them for my Inquisitor!

I always thought they were tied to her binding. Maybe they used to be before they scrapped content? They're nothing like Senya's.🤔

I just assumed they were some kind of royalty marking or perhaps some kind of Zakuulan jewellery

But they seem so pushed in her skin, I think it's a bit much. And she didn't have them as a child or on Nathema. Only when she returned. Kind of implies it was done there.

Out of Arcann, Senya and Vaylin. I feel Vaylin was the best written character.

Arcann and Senya didn't really do anything until the end, and even then they didn't do much.

Sorry, this got a bit longer than intended. TL;DR Yeah, she's probably the best written of the three. Which, considering how much I'd like to change her story, is kind of a shame.

If nothing else, Vaylin was consistent. Even the moments of lucidity work properly. When she goes from "Rawr kill you all" to "I miss him too", I completely buy it.

I thought Senya was well-written enough before the coma, then she suddenly seemed to change so drastically that I just couldn't buy her character any more, mainly in nearly dying for Arcann but not even trying any more with Vaylin. And the coma itself took away the interactions promised by the trailer and the tag line, "Can this mother daughter relationship be repaired?" I mean, she could have given her the same chance as she did on Arcann's ship, one more time, but without the explosion and Vaylin just choosing wrongly, but no. Instead, we get them both helping to beat her to death followed by, "We've won."

Redeemed Arcann went in Chapter 6 from the guy who was trying to capture his sister to the guy who became apologetic that his actions stopped the Outlander from using the command phrase and killing her, if the player chooses to call him out. The guy who makes a load of dumb mistakes throughout the expansions but is at the same time insightful enough to figure out that the "Outlander is there". I want to like him, really, but I have to ignore his writing to do so a lot of the time. Unredeemed Arcann was, like Vaylin, reasonably consistent, but then we have LS Outlander executing him rather than putting him away for trial and I just can't.

After this
, narrated by Senya, I expected more from here.

'I will not abandon them to the dark' ... This had me pumped for a good story, then when the time came it was just 'My daughter is broken.' How do you know? You spent most of the expansion in a coma!

It's weird, the whole cinematic shows the dark side Arcann. She isn't even alive there.🤔 Never saw this somehow.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

It's weird, the whole cinematic shows the dark side Arcann. She isn't even alive there.🤔 Never saw this somehow.:rak_03:

I guess that was a way to avoid spoilers? The trailer is focused on Senya so one might (incorrectly) assume she's still alive in the turn of events that leads to DS Arcann appearing at Vaylin's palace? I like the way trailers seem more now to give us misleading clips so they don't tell us exactly what happens - even make us think the opposite happened.

I just assumed they were some kind of royalty marking or perhaps some kind of Zakuulan jewellery

More like a culture type, sort of like the Indian (not American indian) wear. Some have more elaborate jewelry some just have small dots on their head. I would imagine this would be the same thing.

http://viola.bz/magic-beauty-of-indian-women/symbols-of-indian-jewelry-5/

Bridal : Traditional Bengali Bride during "Gaye Holud" ceremony.

But they're so engraved in her skin, seems a bit much for just a decoration.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/7b/Vaylin_0.png/revision/latest?cb=20180113103934

I can't recall what they were called. there was a race from the classic Doctor Who that had something similar, though that was to do with cloning so the clone could access the real person's mind/memories.

Maybe they're designed to do something similar? or keep Vaylin in a 'dark side' state? or perhaps to cause injury if Vaylin ever stepped out of line?

I have to say it here but from all the villains in the various BW games Vaylin is one of those which are the least interesting to me.

Well, yeah, that's because she's not the Villain, she's the Dragon, the character you have to beat to reach the villain. Valkorion, in this case. She's his puppet, he broke her and manipulated events so she was in that position. She's a victim of his depravity, not the villain that we were forced to treat her as.

Ahem, couldn't help that last part, but considering the thread title, I feel it was appropriate. But I believe both things are true.

I can't recall what they were called. there was a race from the classic Doctor Who that had something similar, though that was to do with cloning so the clone could access the real person's mind/memories.

Maybe they're designed to do something similar? or keep Vaylin in a 'dark side' state? or perhaps to cause injury if Vaylin ever stepped out of line?

Could be! 🤔

After this
, narrated by Senya, I expected more from here.

'I will not abandon them to the dark' ... This had me pumped for a good story, then when the time came it was just 'My daughter is broken.' How do you know? You spent most of the expansion in a coma!

Yeah, that Senya was a great character. Plus the one that wasn't sure if Vaylin protected her at the end of the confrontation shown in Betrayed or not (I think the story was called A Mother's Hope). I still think she was a good one, overall (when I ignore some of her lines), but I would have liked to see more of this one, even if she ultimately can't save them both.

Edited by gamephil

Yeah, that Senya was a great character. Plus the one that wasn't sure if Vaylin protected her at the end of the confrontation shown in Betrayed or not (I think the story was called A Mother's Hope). I still think she was a good one, overall (when I ignore some of her lines), but I would have liked to see more of this one, even if she ultimately can't save them both.

I remember that, that was a good read.

Or making the ultimate sacrifice to save Vaylin? (aka death)

I remember that, that was a good read.

Or making the ultimate sacrifice to save Vaylin? (aka death)

Much as I still like Senya, her being willing to die if it would heal her daughter, or even just allow her to live by some means, would have been so much more in character. Trying to talk the Outlander out of killing her rather than going along with it, only to be tossed around and the walls beginning to crack, would have also been better. "She's broken, I see that now" just doesn't fit.

Always believed that the reeds on the forehead of Vaylin and Senya are female ornaments. Perhaps they mean belonging to the imperial family, or title. I wonder if their other women of Zakuul are wearing?

Well, the final scene between Vaylin and Senya is completely bad. Mother does not even try to save her. Absolutely. Does not even say PC "Capture her alive."

Just "My daughter is broken. Well, to hell with her. ":t_frown:

The whole thing inside the mind battle at the end is even worse. Assuming your LS, when Senya shows up she doesn't even acknowledge Vaylin. We know they can talk to one another as Vaylin talks to the Outlander and Arcann. I guess everyone had tunnel vision on Valkorian.

Dark Side makes no sense at all, I still remain clueless how Senya ended up in that one, I would have expected Lana to pop in for a remark towards Valkorian.

Edited by Paulsutherland

Senya needs a love thread. I might be considered evil for this but she was right about Vaylin being broken. I truly don't think Vaylin had the capacity to choose to change. She's the most extreme example of Watcher 2's and Agent's brainwashing. I truly do believe that nothing cab physically alter it and that's what Senya acknowledges

Senya needs a love thread. I might be considered evil for this but she was right about Vaylin being broken. I truly don't think Vaylin had the capacity to choose to change. She's the most extreme example of Watcher 2's and Agent's brainwashing. I truly do believe that nothing cab physically alter it and that's what Senya acknowledges

She seemed to be able to choose during the last chapter in either version of the story, perhaps a side effect of being hit with Valkorian's holocron?

Her could be stunned, tied up and sent to Voss for compulsory treatment. I will never believe that the 3 strongest force users (in the LS version) could not cope with Vaylin without killing her.

It seems to me that she was killed in a story only to ensure that we had one more boss in the finals before the battle with Valky.

Her could be stunned, tied up and sent to Voss for compulsory treatment. I will never believe that the 3 strongest force users (in the LS version) could not cope with Vaylin without killing her.

It seems to me that she was killed in a story only to ensure that we had one more boss in the finals before the battle with Valky.

Yeah, that was the impression I got. We could have stabbed her in the leg, or wounded her enough for the Voss lady on Odessen to calm her mind enough for transportation to either Typhon or Voss for further treatment.

I think it would have been a great twist if they threw Thexan in at the end.