Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

The Odessen fight was annoying at first. she kept throwing my Knight off the edge. Once I got to know what I was doing, it got easier, but then the disappointment from having to kill her kicked in. :(

Bring her back Bioware, let us slaughter worlds with our own Zakuulan Empress! :D It will be more fun than whatever story you're trying to tell with Theron currently.

OMG lol. I looooved her glare, it always made me very hor- errr I mean happy. Very happy :$

Despite Vaylin's many questionable actions/qualities, her death glare and happy voice always brightened my day! Personally, I'd love having Vaylin back as a much less insane version of herself. Her voice is incredibly appealing to me when she's not screeching, especially when she lets that little pouty tone slip in to her words...mmmmmmm :p

has to be the best, she's so relaxed talking to the Knight, then .. Snap ... he's dead :D

The Odessen fight was annoying at first. she kept throwing my Knight off the edge. Once I got to know what I was doing, it got easier, but then the disappointment from having to kill her kicked in. :(

Bring her back Bioware, let us slaughter worlds with our own Zakuulan Empress! :D It will be more fun than whatever story you're trying to tell with Theron currently.

Or retire somewhere warm and tropical...go to tython maybe :D

I solemnly proclaim you "Order of Vaylin" Prophet!:)

The great lore keeper Gelious has proclaimed that I, Sutherland, will be the Prophet for our 'Order of Vaylin' group, our aim? the return of our Empress.

We will travel the galaxy searching for clues for the 'Sith Voodoo' plan!

P.S. If you see any Order of Zildrog guys, it will be a requirement to throw old fruit and veg at them, then you shall smite them with the 'Book of Ixaz.'

P.S.S. No Scions allowed.

The great lore keeper Gelious has proclaimed that I, Sutherland, will be the Prophet for our 'Order of Vaylin' group, our aim? the return of our Empress.

We will travel the galaxy searching for clues for the 'Sith Voodoo' plan!

P.S. If you see any Order of Zildrog guys, it will be a requirement to throw old fruit and veg at them, then you shall smite them with the 'Book of Ixaz.'

P.S.S. No Scions allowed.

What about suspected Scions...I'm asking for a friend.

What about suspected Scions...I'm asking for a friend.

Administer the test ... (Warning: This test may have been put together by an idiot)

How to spot a Scion

1: Ask them for their options on Arcann or Vaylin.

Answer: If they say anything negative about either, they're a Scion, kill them.

2: When you go to meet them, do they invite your enemy to you?

Answer: If they lure your enemy to your location, they're a Scion, kill them.

3: Gloat that the Alliance is killing the 'old gods' on Iokath

Answer: If they flip out, they're a Scion, kill them.

4: If they're wearing a Scion outfit

Answer: They're a Scion, kill them

Favorite Vaylin moments:

"No one dies without my permission!"

Smacking Arcann around with a speeder, throwing it over the edge, JUMPING AFTER IT, catching it, and flying off on it while looking smugly over her shoulder. I believe that's what the kids these days call "extra".

I miss her so.

Favorite Vaylin moments:

Smacking Arcann around with a speeder, throwing it over the edge, JUMPING AFTER IT, catching it, and flying off on it while looking smugly over her shoulder. I believe that's what the kids these days call "extra".

I miss her so.

Hmmm favourite Vaylin line? I don't recall what the line is, but it's about turning the Mandalorians into a glass window.

Heh, even wonder how she got off Arcann's ship with the green energy bubble wrecking everything?

Favorite Vaylin moments:

I miss her so.

Her first fight with Senya.

My favorite moment... On Nathema when she is screaming for help not wanting to die there. I heard a broken, scared, little girl who desperately needed to be loved. She never deserved any of it.

Agreed! :( she really seemed like she was in pain.

Edited by Eshvara

Her first fight with Senya.

"Mother!"

My favorite moment... On Nathema when she is screaming for help not wanting to die there. I heard a broken, scared, little girl who desperately needed to be loved. She never deserved any of it.

Yeah, seriously, it was heartbreaking. The moment she said, "I never wanted to be (saved)" makes a real picture with her screaming that she didn't want to die in that place.

It's also one of those moments that make me scratch my head when people complain about Ms. Loring's voice work.

Edited by gamephil

Yeah :(

That would have been the ideal moment in my opinion to offer her help, Valkorion would have been unable to interfere or at the very least it would have been at a minimum, Nathema's force effecting ability would have put us on equal terms.

What did you guys think of Vaylin and co during the Iokath chapters?

I'm including Chapter 3. I just noticed you said "and company", so I'll throw a bit more, starting with: I would have actually liked to see the cyborg ship captain again, maybe actually giving her a name.

I thought it was going to be awesome, honestly. The moment Vaylin pushed through Valkorion's time stop thing, with, "Not this time, Father." I thought we were in for some good stuff. And, honestly, we did get quite a bit. "No one dies without my permission." "Thexan?" "Clever, too." Getting shot in the back and it just making her mad. Good stuff all.

But we also get her doing to the Gemini droids what was done to her, which just throws out the well-done discussion with Scorpio at the end of KotFE. I get it, she's suppose to be a monster, and Scorpio did betray her, I just would have liked something else for her villainy.

I do kind of like the fact that Valkorion keeps harping on how she's different, lesser than him, but it's so clear (YMMV) that he's terrified of her, and that she is actually doing exactly what he did, what he taught her to. It's exactly what his poor bruised ego should be doing. But if she's supposed to be the Villain, I still would prefer her to not be Valkorion Mark II, the "less stable" model.

This is also, of course, where Valky introduces us to the wonders of the command phrase.

SCORPIO was pretty good. I have to wonder about being able to show her mercy after everything she's done, done because she was provoked and enslaved, and trusting her with the kind of power we hand to her. Considering the overall story, this seems somehow a bit inconsistent.

So, overall, I'd call it a wash.

Edited by gamephil

Chapter 3 was great until we discovered the failsafe code phrase ... and the mouse droid part, that was annoying first time through.

Iokath was just 'meh' for me, other than maybe foreshadowing for the 'Iokath War' it didn't really serve any purpose other than to get rid of Scorpio and give Vaylin control of the Eternal Fleet.

We also see Vaylin take a shot to the back and the shoulder in those chapters, one at point blank range, the other she didn't see coming, and in both cases was unaffected, she must have a high pain threshold or the wound healed quickly.

I'm including Chapter 3. I just noticed you said "and company", so I'll throw a bit more, starting with: I would have actually liked to see the cyborg ship captain again, maybe actually giving her a name.

I thought it was going to be awesome, honestly. The moment Vaylin pushed through Valkorion's time stop thing, with, "Not this time, Father." I thought we were in for some good stuff. And, honestly, we did get quite a bit. "No one dies without my permission." "Thexan?" "Clever, too." Getting shot in the back and it just making her mad. Good stuff all.

But we also get her doing to the Gemini droids what was done to her, which just throws out the well-done discussion with Scorpio at the end of KotFE. I get it, she's suppose to be a monster, and Scorpio did betray her, I just would have liked something else for her villainy.

I do kind of like the fact that Valkorion keeps harping on how she's different, lesser than him, but it's so clear (YMMV) that he's terrified of her, and that she is actually doing exactly what he did, what he taught her to. It's exactly what his poor bruised ego should be doing. But if she's supposed to be the Villain, I still would prefer her to not be Valkorion Mark II, the "less stable" model.

This is also, of course, where Valky introduces us to the wonders of the command phrase.

SCORPIO was pretty good. I have to wonder about being able to show her mercy after everything she's done, done because she was provoked and enslaved, and trusting her with the kind of power we hand to her. Considering the overall story, this seems somehow a bit inconsistent.

So, overall, I'd call it a wash.

There were a few times I got the impression Valkorion feared Vaylins abilities, this, Nathema and during the final fight.