Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

That video is what gets me every time. This poor, innocent child cursed with power she can't control, betrayed by her mother (at least in her eyes), and tortured by her father. And on the other side, as a parent, the anguish of Senya when she realizes that she is too late and has lost her child already. Two equally compelling points of view that are diametrically opposed. At least for me, *that* is what makes good storytelling.

Absolutely. I have nothing negative to say about the trailer. It was pretty brilliant.

I'll stop there.

Edited by gamephil

Vaylin is the supreme casualty of Tenabre's mere existence. I think the saddest part is that he destroyed her ability to accept the love of her mother and her brothers. Her only connection to living life was through either suffering herself, or making others suffer.

Vaylin is the supreme casualty of Tenabre's mere existence. I think the saddest part is that he destroyed her ability to accept the love of her mother and her brothers. Her only connection to living life was through either suffering herself, or making others suffer.

Maybe death and a resurrection story ;) will give her a new outlook on life. Unless she is resurrected near Ashara ... though in that scenario it'll be me going bat **** crazy.

Mr.! I want my alliance. I don*'t want to go back to the crooks on either side. Vaylin would be safer without either. Imagine if Acina got a hold of her... :(

I think we should be more worried about Acina in that scenario, we'd come into the dark council chambers to find Acina's corpse on the floor and Vaylin and Vowrawn casually laughing it off.

I think the reactions to Arcann and Vaylin from Acina would be very different.

With Vaylin she'll probably be jumping over the moon w/ excitement at the chance of setting her loose on the Republic.

Arcann, on the other hand will likely bore her with his endless apologetic state.

Cool a Vaylin group <3

I remain hopeful that our beloved Empress can return to us in some manner. Maybe her body and mimd split like Revan? The character absorbed all the dark side from her while her now, new light side perspective, healed itself and in shock, fear and confusion ran off into the Odessen wilds.

Cool a Vaylin group <3

I remain hopeful that our beloved Empress can return to us in some manner. Maybe her body and mimd split like Revan? The character absorbed all the dark side from her while her now, new light side perspective, healed itself and in shock, fear and confusion ran off into the Odessen wilds.

Sounds good to me, maybe her mind was fighting back all this time holding onto some form of sanity? :eek:

What I wanted then: The ability to show her compassion, even if she spat it back in my face and forced me to kill her.

What I want now: Resurrection, some form of redemption, and a traveling companion. Or just the occasional email notification that she's getting the help she needs, but the companion would be better.

This would have been nice. :(

Great, finally a Vaylin thread.

Vaylin was much more worthy of redemption than Arcann.

Vaylin was abused as a child to the most extreme possible, it's no wonder she had a distorted personality.

I don't understand what is to be redeemed for Arcann: he killed his own brother out of jelousy and wanted to kill his father as well, just for the power and the position. And then went on to kill millions, because of the Outlander.

Vaylin only wanted to revenge her own abusing parents, that's something that can be understood and redemption could have been a solution, after the final chapters.

Sad the writers didn't give options and the Arcann romance is just adding insult to injury for those that see the difference between the two siblings.

I can't help but think our odds regardless of how slim would be better if we worked with the 'Arcannites' to achieve both problems.

For example ...

What if we asked for a chapter or flashpoint that had Arcann at the helm (Lana if you killed him) on his quest to resurrect his baby sister. (Not sure why Lana would want to do this ... maybe Vaylin's ghost is tormenting Odessen.)

Then he could prove to us that he's willing to do whatever it takes to resurrect Vaylin down his path to Redemption.

Then the Arcannites get more Arcann content

The Vaylineers ( ;) ) get a Vaylin companion

The Lana mob get some Lana content

People who are craving for content get content

and most importantly ... we can then tell Vaylin to fix that damn wall she broke!

I forget, why was Vaylin so buttmad at Senya for? Just abandonment? Or did they never develop it past "Rawr crazy"?

Senya was the one who suggested to Valkorian to do something about Vaylin's powers, which likely lead to her being taken to Nathema.

Edited by Paulsutherland

I forget, why was Vaylin so buttmad at Senya for? Just abandonment? Or did they never develop it past "Rawr crazy"?

It shouldn't be absolutely rational, for an abused child both parents are responsible, even if one party only allowed it to happen.

In the same vain of a child whose parents get divorced blame both parents for the actual result, even if one of them didn't want to get divorced.

I can't help but think our odds regardless of how slim would be better if we worked with the 'Arcannites' to achieve both problems.

For example ...

What if we asked for a chapter or flashpoint that had Arcann at the helm (Lana if you killed him) on his quest to resurrect his baby sister. (Not sure why Lana would want to do this ... maybe Vaylin's ghost is tormenting Odessen.)

Then he could prove to us that he's willing to do whatever it takes to resurrect Vaylin down his path to Redemption.

Then the Arcannites get more Arcann content

The Vaylineers ( ;) ) get a Vaylin companion

The Lana mob get some Lana content

People who are craving for content get content

and most importantly ... we can then tell Vaylin to fix that damn wall she broke!

Sounds good to me. :D

Ok, fair enough.

And yeah, OP, maybe you should add "No haters" to the title, like every other thread. Still surprised character threads are a thing in General, but since they are, Vaylin should get the full treatment.;)

Hear hear....Vaylin romance team go! If others can get their 2 minute cutscenes, give one to Vaylin!

Edited by ExarSun

She has a better reason for redemption than Arcann...

This is actually true. Arcann was just born evil and there was never any indication otherwise. Vaylin started out innocently and then Valkorian got scared and broke her. You'd there could have at least been the possibility to turn her aggressions elsewhere, if not legitimately "save" her.