Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Please forgive my lack of faith Prophet! :D

I do wonder about that `you'll see me whenever you close your eyes` scene though, was it just talking about when Valky absorbed her or was it foreshadowing something else. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up (including mine, but it's partially your fault :p your the one who first made me wonder about it).

Pick one of our gods, and you shall walk in their shadows as a test of you devotion!

Do you guys hear this? This man is blaming me, the prophet for getting all our hopes up! If bringing our beloved Empress back requires a sacrifice, you'll be the ... *checks list* ... fifty-seventh person on the alter! :eek:

Yeah, I didn't understand that line when her vision spoke it, but if she is indeed trapped in our minds, it makes a lot more sense.

Pick one of our gods, and you shall walk in their shadows as a test of you devotion!

Do you guys hear this? This man is blaming me, the prophet for getting all our hopes up! If bringing our beloved Empress back requires a sacrifice, you'll be the ... *checks list* ... fifty-seventh person on the alter! :eek:

Yeah, I didn't understand that line when her vision spoke it, but if she is indeed trapped in our minds, it makes a lot more sense.

None of that chapter makes any sense unless more happens. Starting with Lana telling us to go out and get Valkorion's advice, through to the visions.

We're told it's a lesson, that behind Arcann is another foe, that behind that foe will be another, and so on. But how could the Outlander at this point not understand that? That's what their entire life has been.

If it was specifically a vision that Vaylin would be next, that makes more sense. But, really, who carres? She is just never the threat Arcann was, certainly not the threat Valkorion was. Yeah, she cracked a wall. Big deal. Arcann impales us or we need Valkorion's help to beat him, Valkorion ate planets and we listen to him. We needed special help to defeat both, our own powers were insufficient. They both had the big starburst symbols next to their portraits, Vaylin only had the gold star. Valkorion uses her (and possibly her brother), then destroys the mindscape holocron and proceeds to knock around the siblings AND the Outlander. But she's the big threat we have to watch out for? Come on. She's a speed bump between real powerhouses.

Not to say her fights aren't difficult, because they can be, but the story for her is just way off the mark.

She was supposed to be this colossus. She was this great legendary thing, but loses every single time. Unless, of course, they want to push how awful she is by making us choose between well-liked companions, then suddenly she is this unstoppable... Ooops! There she is on her hands and knees, groaning in pain. Again. The chapter simply appears to be promising things that were never delivered on. Live or die, she needed to be so much more than she was allowed to be for this story to work.

"Every time you close your eyes" turning out to be because she's still inside your mind would make sense, though.

Edited by gamephil

She was supposed to be this colossus. She was this great legendary thing, but loses every single time. Unless, of course, they want to push how awful she is by making us choose between well-liked companions, then suddenly she is this unstoppable... Ooops! There she is on her hands and knees, groaning in pain. Again. The chapter simply appears to be promising things that were never delivered on. Live or die, she needed to be so much more than she was allowed to be for this story to work.

"Every time you close your eyes" turning out to be because she's still inside your mind would make sense, though.

You literally read my mind.

#Arcann,Nathema&Vaylin

If I do it again, it will only be because I have specific things I want for it, things I gave up on over a month ago now because I couldn't bring myself to do another playthrough.

Because it is, in fact, beyond bad. I'm impressed by how often you've gone through it, I couldn't bring myself to do it more than twice.

Edit: It's funny, because I also really do think there's a lot of good stuff in those expansions. It's just so hard to see them past the glaring problems with the whole thing, especially them taking such complete and obvious control of my character to tell what ends up being an awful story (in the, "my character is a kind of awful person now" sense) rather than giving me simple choices to tell a better one.

On their own, some of the chapters are pretty good, such as the one with Mandalore, and the Invasion on Voss, but whatever good they have is drowned out by the bad.

I liked the Asylum chapter myself, when were about to face off with Vaylin, then, nope, Senya comes in and throws us against a pipe.

Which sounded like it broke our necks. :D

Throwing people off into the distance is just one of those endearing things the women in that family do.

True. :D

Do you think Vaylin would have been better with a second saber? like inhe KOTFE art?

I think so. That image was so striking that I always have to remind myself that she never actually uses one when the subject comes up. The made her more the Evil Sorceress type, so maybe they didn't think it fit?

I think so. That image was so striking that I always have to remind myself that she never actually uses one when the subject comes up. The made her more the Evil Sorceress type, so maybe they didn't think it fit?

They could of had her use two in KOTFE then switch to the single sorc type for KOTET. That would have been cool! :D (IMO)

If you guise:rak_03: could dress Vaylin, what would you put her in?:rak_02:

I'd probably use the High Justice outfit. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but cover the chest. It's clearly supposed to be SWTOR style light armor, with the groves and heavier plates, I don't think it looks bad but if you're going to armor everywhere cover your heart and lungs, woman.

I'd probably use the High Justice outfit. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but cover the chest. It's clearly supposed to be SWTOR style light armor, with the groves and heavier plates, I don't think it looks bad but if you're going to armor everywhere cover your heart and lungs, woman.

eh, I don't want to go to the trouble with that outfit finding a headpiece I like to lower the hood. :(

Which one is that? I see too may on google image!!:rak_02::rak_03: