Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

Okay so ...

Star Wars: Rebels SPOILERS

After watching rebels ... manipulating time, opens up a wider range of opportunities for us.

In my fanfic I had Vaylin do this. I think she's powerful enough to pull this off. If she can break through Valk's time manipulation, she can do MORE.

In my fanfic I had Vaylin do this. I think she's powerful enough to pull this off. If she can break through Valk's time manipulation, she can do MORE.

That's a good idea, what if her body is 'frozen' in time, slowly healing itself while all this mess is going on with Iokath and Theron? :D

We could be walking through the base one morning with our coffee as Lana and Vaylin pass us having a epic lightsaber duel.

Yeah!!!!

To save Vaylin I'm not going to have to go at lightspeed around a star am I? With the optional objective requiring me to pick up some humpback whales?

Has anyone noticed that Vaylin's outfit is almost a copy of Mala's outfit from How to Train Your Dragon, Race to the Edge? Alll that's missing is the cape and hood.

No, but that's a good catch. Certainly similar enough, though also without the runes.

We could be walking through the base one morning with our coffee as Lana and Vaylin pass us having a epic lightsaber duel.

Aside from really liking that the previous poster used her breaking the time stop thing to imply that she could do still more, I love the idea logging in one day and seeing this. I'd appreciate if, somehow, they both lived through it, but I can't imagine them getting along on first meeting again.

But, maybe they're sparring. Sure, that's it.

Edited by gamephil

Has anyone noticed that Vaylin's outfit is almost a copy of Mala's outfit from How to Train Your Dragon, Race to the Edge? Alll that's missing is the cape and hood.

I had to google it, but yeah, I can sort of see it.

Aside from really liking that the previous poster used her breaking the time stop thing to imply that she could do still more, I love the idea logging in one day and seeing this. I'd appreciate if, somehow, they both lived through it, but I can't imagine them getting along on first meeting again.

But, maybe they're sparring. Sure, that's it.

We've already got one broken wall that no one can be bothered to fix, we don't need more damage inside the base ... now .. if they want to take it outside, I'll bring Arcann and some popcorn ... and my weapon, in case everything goes wrong.

Uh oh ... an odd number!

Just voted and moved it to 4, we are safe for now at least!

Vaylin was easily my favourite character in the whole arc, although like many others here I wish we had had the chance in move into some kind of redemption arc as she was, much more so than Arcann, a product of Valkorian's cruelty, vanity and fear. I thought her voice actress was exceptional too. Many subtle moments and changes that felt very real.

I have a feeling that in 6.0 when all the returns are done, and the next path in the Saga opens we'll have a lot of opportunities to get to know our comps better, including more about Vaylin in Lore.

Yes, I love How to Train Your Dragon and in matters of fantasy I am an eternal optimist.

I have a feeling that in 6.0 when all the returns are done, and the next path in the Saga opens we'll have a lot of opportunities to get to know our comps better, including more about Vaylin in Lore.

Yes, I love How to Train Your Dragon and in matters of fantasy I am an eternal optimist.

With 6.0. I hope they answer all the unanswered questions from KOTFE and KOTET.

* What was the tribute being sent to Zakuul being used for?

* What happened during the time gap between KOTFE and KOTET?

* Where did Arcann go after fleeing Voss?

* What was the dark sanctuary on the Gravestone?

* What was the force's plan Marr and Satele told us about?

* What happened to Vaylin and Arcann if your a dark sider during the final fight?

* Why did Senya appear on the Dark Side play through during the last fight?

Then yeah, I want Vaylin to come back as a companion. :p

More about Vaylin in lore would be nice, though I really want them to do more than that. I just hope that, if that's what we get, that it isn't more things like Theron's, "Every world Vaylin terrorized". I'd really like to see her put in a more sympathetic light.

Not that I think that she's not presented in a sympathetic light already, relatively considering her status as "villain", but I think they at some point decided to back away from that, and it's left the thing a bit of a mess.

Edited by gamephil

More about Vaylin in lore would be nice, though I really want them to do more than that. I just hope that, if that's what we get, that it isn't more things like Theron's, "Every world Vaylin terrorized". I'd really like to see her put in a more sympathetic light.

Not that I think that she's not presented in a sympathetic light already, relatively considering her status as "villain", but I think they at some point decided to back away from that, and it's left the thing a bit of a mess.

"Scyva will weep for those who dare attempt to ruin our ploy for the restoration of our great Empress!" - Prophet

Lore is always good, but restoration is better ;) As for the worlds Vaylin attacked, Voss, Risha's planet ad Odessen? Arcann and his Exarch's did more damage to the galaxy than Vaylin and her Horizon Guards.

Edited by Paulsutherland

I don't think we should forget that Vaylin had a part in bombing the planets as well, she carried it out willingly and took videos of it because it looked so pretty.:confused:

While true, from the galaxies perspective, they'll likely blame Arcann as he sent out the message claiming those worlds were hiding or supporting the Outlander. (don't recall the line)

While true, from the galaxies perspective, they'll likely blame Arcann as he sent out the message claiming those worlds were hiding or supporting the Outlander. (don't recall the line)

I do think the person giving orders I'd always seen as the bigger bad in all scenarios, but the person carrying it out is close enough!

I do think the weird part is how she enjoyed it, while doing other bad if not worse stuff than Vaylin, I don't think he particularly cared for hurting others for his own pleasure.

Edited by Eshvara

I do think the person giving orders I'd always seen as the bigger bad in all scenarios, but the person carrying it out is close enough!

As much as I want to repeat that other thread from a year ago, we'll label them as both being 'evil' in that chapter and move on.

Do you think Lana could be persuaded to part with some of her hair bleach so Vaylin can dye her hair blonde? :D

As much as I want to repeat that other thread from a year ago, we'll label them as both being 'evil' in that chapter and move on.

Do you think Lana could be persuaded to part with some of her hair bleach so Vaylin can dye her hair blonde? :D

I think she could, if we're talking about her willing to, butn Lana is a natural blonde! She has blonde eyebrows.:rak_03:

Her hair kind of has brown undertones when you look at her, and when you're born with blonde hair, often enough the color hair turns darker as you age. She went from almost fully blonde to dark brown which is probably a bit much, but maybe she decided to dye her hair fully brown from the lighter'ish brown/blonde that she had as a kid.

Or it's just BW inconsistency.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Her hair kind of has brown undertones when you look at her, and when you're born with blonde hair, often enough the color hair turns darker as you age. She went from almost fully blonde to dark brown which is probably a bit much, but maybe she decided to dye her hair fully brown from the lighter'ish brown/blonde that she had as a kid.

Or it's just BW inconsistency.:rak_03:

I was blond (Hair & Eyebrows) as a small child but am dark brown now, no dyes necessary. :) It happens.