Now give us all Cross Faction maps

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I’m going to repost my answer to this now that you’ve provided what time zone you are in.

At 5 pm your time, it is 10 am NY time and 2 am my time. I can tell you that there is no way you are getting fast pops on SF at “your” 5pm. You might start to get faster pops when you get to “your” 8 pm and when you reach “your” 9 pm it has entered a prime time.

I think you may be telling us your point of view based on the EU servers and not US servers. It makes no sense why you would choose to have 80-100ms more ping to play pvp on SS or SF. The EU server pvp is supposed to be decent and falls right in your prime time.

Yet i was playing on teh, and didnt had much problems with even though the server looked a bit dead for me compared to eu servers. Now iam playing on dm and th, and i have zero problems. Except for tr because with recent patch pops became pretty rare even though many players are queuing.

47 minutes in primetime?

There is just no way thats right..

Im waiting about 3-5 minutes on average on malgus. Id gladly wait 15 minutes if that meant better games though.

If I recall correctly, Trixxie mostly plays midbies and lowbies, so I would definitely believe 45 minutes for a pop during off hours.

If I'm recalling wrong, then I agree something is up, because I play at really random hours (in the last week, I've been on at 2am, 4am, 10am, 3pm, 6pm, and 11pm eastern time) and I've never waited more than 6 minutes for a pop. Granted there is definitely that 6 hour period of time from 4 to 10am that I don't frequent, buuutttt...)

Yet i was playing on teh, and didnt had much problems with even though the server looked a bit dead for me compared to eu servers. Now iam playing on dm and th, and i have zero problems. Except for tr because with recent patch pops became pretty rare even though many players are queuing.

So, you are arguing with me and others about this topic and telling us it’s “all” fine or we should go play on another server or game and you don’t even play on Star Forge or Satele Shan 🙄

You’ve spent nearly this whole thread telling us you play at xyz time and it’s fine. We’ve pointed out what times we play and on what server. You then continued to argue with us and tell us we were wrong, but the whole time youve been on another server.

Seriously, if you are going to compare apples to oranges, go to the fruit shop.

You may not see the need or have problems in the EU, probably because most of the population is on the one server. I can’t say because I don’t play there and I’ve no first hand experience.

But I can say that for SF, there are problems out side of the prime time and the prime time is shrinking rapidly. Those fringes are getting worse. Even in the week since this thread started, I’ve seen a big change. Since the 5.7 patch where they put Yavins pops back to normal, the pop times have increase exponentially in those fringes and people have just stopped queueing. And don’t even bother trying if your a Rep because you’ve got a better chance of getting pvp matches as an Imp. I waited 3 hours for a Rep pvp pop last night. In the end I logged off in disgust.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

47 minutes in primetime?

There is just no way thats right..

Im waiting about 3-5 minutes on average on malgus. Id gladly wait 15 minutes if that meant better games though.

Did you check what time I posted that ? Maybe I should have said the time so you could see what I’m trying to point out, that it wasn’t prime time. Not everyone can play in prime time, it’s why cross faction is more important to us.

The time was about 11pm west coast (7pm Sydney time)

If I recall correctly, Trixxie mostly plays midbies and lowbies, so I would definitely believe 45 minutes for a pop during off hours.

If I'm recalling wrong, then I agree something is up, because I play at really random hours (in the last week, I've been on at 2am, 4am, 10am, 3pm, 6pm, and 11pm eastern time) and I've never waited more than 6 minutes for a pop. Granted there is definitely that 6 hour period of time from 4 to 10am that I don't frequent, buuutttt...)

Not true, I play all brackets and have to jump around outside of prime time to see which is popping the most. That post where I said I’d been waiting 47mins was on SF in the reg 70 queue.

You are right about lowbies and mids popping the worst. I don’t even bother trying to queue for those outside of the middle of prime time. Even then the pops can take a while, with upwards of 10 mins.

Bioware need to make a big incentive to get people to play in those brackets again. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. What they need to do is add unassembled components to the rewards in those brackets.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Cognitive Dissonance?

If I recall correctly, Trixxie mostly plays midbies and lowbies, so I would definitely believe 45 minutes for a pop

Eh that makes sense. Should've been mentioned though since lowbies queues in no way resprisent max level ones.

Besides that would void the argument of not willing to sacrifice some queue time for matchmaking because you would simply only do that for max level queues.

Eh that makes sense. Should've been mentioned though since lowbies queues in no way resprisent max level ones.

Besides that would void the argument of not willing to sacrifice some queue time for matchmaking because you would simply only do that for max level queues.

Did you not read my reply to Lordturin? It wasn’t lowbies

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If you really feel it is a matter that applies to players only then lets just cancel all imp-vs-imp pops. That way you'll never get a pop unless some imps take it upon themselves to go queue on pub side. That's the only way you can leave it up to the players. But of course you already drop all imp vs imp wars right? Because of your high moral standard of only fighting against pubs? Yeah right, full of it. Admit it, you suck, and you need to play on the wimp side for the easy wins. People do not mind mmo imbalance, as long as it goes no further than like 60/40 FOR BOTH NUMBER OF POPS AND WIN PERCENTAGE, it wouldn't need intervention of devs. But it was dev intervention that caused the problem initially with 5.0. Now they have an MMO where one faction pretty much has either given up on PvP or are fighting side by side with you on the imp team. I'd bet more than half of every one of your teams is a Pub at heart.

Its a good thing you are in the minority of opinion, for us to leave factions the way they are we'd need to quadruple damage and armor for pubs, just to get the wins up to around 40% and bring the other faction back into play. Once again, you still haven't yet posted 1 idea for solution to the problem, trolling is its own reward?

On a side note, if you ignore the unhelpful troll, and re-read the thread, its actually quite helpful.

I already told you that imp vs imp is normal because it is simulation/training. Such fights happening even during the war. And what do mean "devs intervention caused it"? What did devs done? They didn't give any advantages for imps lol. Tell us pls. And about the "problem solution". THERE IS NO PROBLEM so about which solution your talking? If reps loosing too much it doesnt mean that it is a problem for devs to intervene. In wow, on realm where iam playing (black skar) horde dominates pretty hard in battlegrounds. But no one is crying about it or asking devs to change it.

So, you are arguing with me and others about this topic and telling us it’s “all” fine or we should go play on another server or game and you don’t even play on Star Forge or Satele Shan 🙄

You’ve spent nearly this whole thread telling us you play at xyz time and it’s fine. We’ve pointed out what times we play and on what server. You then continued to argue with us and tell us we were wrong, but the whole time youve been on another server.

Seriously, if you are going to compare apples to oranges, go to the fruit shop.

You may not see the need or have problems in the EU, probably because most of the population is on the one server. I can’t say because I don’t play there and I’ve no first hand experience.

But I can say that for SF, there are problems out side of the prime time and the prime time is shrinking rapidly. Those fringes are getting worse. Even in the week since this thread started, I’ve seen a big change. Since the 5.7 patch where they put Yavins pops back to normal, the pop times have increase exponentially in those fringes and people have just stopped queueing. And don’t even bother trying if your a Rep because you’ve got a better chance of getting pvp matches as an Imp. I waited 3 hours for a Rep pvp pop last night. In the end I logged off in disgust.

I wouldn't care to write here BUT what you are asking WILL ALSO HAVE EFFECT ON ME. I dont want to play with cross-faction, even if you DONT LIKE MY REASONS - I dont care. Thats why i will write what i think and want. Dont wait me to stop doing it.

You were planning to leave the game at all after what they to apac players (from what i read in your threads), why your still here? Exit is there >>>. See? I shouldnt care why you left or decided to stay, you just did it. So i will ALSO DO WHAT I WANT. I dont like the idea of cross-faction

I wouldn't care to write here BUT what you are asking WILL ALSO HAVE EFFECT ON ME. I dont want to play with cross-faction, even if you DONT LIKE MY REASONS - I dont care. Thats why i will write what i think and want. Dont wait me to stop doing it.

You were planning to leave the game at all after what they to apac players (from what i read in your threads), why your still here? Exit is there >>>. See? I shouldnt care why you left or decided to stay, you just did it. So i will ALSO DO WHAT I WANT. I dont like the idea of cross-faction

Must have hit close to home to get you all riled up like that. All I was doing was poking holes in your flimsy argument, not getting personal. If your argument was logical and backed up with facts instead of “I just don’t want to play with reps on my team”, then maybe people wouldn’t be arguing so hard with you because just about every one of your posts has been inconsistent. Your argument is jumping all over the place and when someone like me points that out to you, you change it. Now that I’ve pointed out more inconsistencies, you’ve decided to go on the attack and tell me to stop playing. Really, is that necessary?

You might not want to play with reps, ok, well fair enough, you can have that opinion. But trying to tell us it wouldn’t be good for pvp and it would not improve anything for other players who can’t get pops is just a ludicrous argument, especially when you don’t know because you don’t play on our server or on the republic side or at the times I’ve listed.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that. But I’m also going to poke holes in any flimsy arguments that aren’t logical and don’t benefit the community.

Wether you agree or disagree that crossfaction is a good idea is not the point here. The issue at hand is what’s best for the over all health of the pvp community. Unfortunately what is best, will often upset some people like yourself because you like things a certain way. But the game needs to evolve or it will die faster than it is now.

Must have hit close to home to get you all riled up like that. All I was doing was poking holes in your flimsy argument, not getting personal. If your argument was logical and backed up with facts instead of “I just don’t want to play with reps on my team”, then maybe people wouldn’t be arguing so hard with you because just about every one of your posts has been inconsistent. Your argument is jumping all over the place and when someone like me points that out to you, you change it. Now that I’ve pointed out more inconsistencies, you’ve decided to go on the attack and tell me to stop playing. Really, is that necessary?

You might not want to play with reps, ok, well fair enough, you can have that opinion. But trying to tell us it wouldn’t be good for pvp and it would not improve anything for other players who can’t get pops is just a ludicrous argument, especially when you don’t know because you don’t play on our server or on the republic side or at the times I’ve listed.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that. But I’m also going to poke holes in any flimsy arguments that aren’t logical and don’t benefit the community.

Wether you agree or disagree that crossfaction is a good idea is not the point here. The issue at hand is what’s best for the over all health of the pvp community. Unfortunately what is best, will often upset some people like yourself because you like things a certain way. But the game needs to evolve or it will die faster than it is now.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

But one more argument to add to our side of the list: When discussing the effect of cross-faction on the health of PVP, those who are in favor of it are naturally more impartial, because there is no other reason to want cross-faction. I doubt people want cross-faction for RP value, or for anything else not related to the diversity of people (resulting in less likelihood of same people facing same people over and over, which sometimes results in 2-3 champs luring all cowards to their faction because the cowards wanna be carried rather than stomped by these people) and faster matchmaking (matchmaking = grabbing random 16 people and throwing them in a PVP match. I know very well that there is no role-wise matchmaking. Call it faster pops if you prefer so) Will refer to these to as "health of PVP". On the other hand, those who have already admitted to disfavor cross-faction due to side reasons such as RP, are naturally biased when coming to counter the arguments in favor of cross-faction even when they refer to the health of PVP, because regardless of what is right for the health, they prioritize their RP reasons and therefore have already decided to side againts cross-faction. Therefore, it may sound unfair but it is only logical that the guys countering cross-faction will have to be very convincing and flawlessly logical in their arguments about the health of PVP, because they have side motives.

Then it comes back to what Trixxie said: as long as your logic is not flawless, we will argue against it. We have no other motive for cross-faction besides the health of PVP, and cross-faction is probably the most easily implementable solution which will do good ("how much?" remains to be argued, but "somewhat" is quite certain and is enough) and can't do harm (because statistically makes no sense) in this aspect.

I find all your arguments pretty low. And all your counter arguments didnt even shattered mine. You have a problems only on your server and during certain periods of time. So you want to make a huge change which will effect all servers even those which dont have pvp pop problems. Thats all. Only because your server has problems during x-period of time doesnt mean devs must provide something huge as cross-faction. My arguments are still on - LORE. And your argument "since kotfe, factions doesnt mean anything" isnt working for me because iam sticking to classic stories, and not playing kotfee. On EU servers there is no problems with pops so i dont See any reasons for changes just because someone far away playing on usa servers during non-prime time has problems with pops. If i want to plays reps - iam expecting to play reps if i play for imps - i expect to play for imps. Thats it.

Edited by omaan

"since kotfe, factions doesnt mean anything" isnt working for me because iam sticking to classic stories, and not playing kotfee.

Then you are not playing max level anyway.. and this change wouldn't make any difference to you in the first place.

your counter arguments didnt even shattered mine.

Besides, what arguments?

Queues are already separated for levels. It can't be hard to make the cross faction thing only apply to max level.

1. Why would, from the fact that he's not playing KotFE/ET it follow that he's not even 70?
  2. Do you really think that if BW changed all warzones to cross-faction, they did it only for max-level?
  3. As the "health of PvP" is of concern here by some, it's obvious that top-level PvP is the healthiest of all. If anything, lower levels need a boost to their pop rate.

1. Why would, from the fact that he's not playing KotFE/ET it follow that he's not even 70?
  2. Do you really think that if BW changed all warzones to cross-faction, they did it only for max-level?
  3. As the "health of PvP" is of concern here by some, it's obvious that top-level PvP is the healthiest of all. If anything, lower levels need a boost to their pop rate.

I don't think the main argument for Xfaction queues would be poptimes.

Don't think it should be either, because if the recent merges were anything to go by those times will normalize FAST.

And your argument "since kotfe, factions doesnt mean anything" isnt working for me because iam sticking to classic stories, and not playing kotfee..

Too bad for you then, because this game has KOFTE and KOTET in it and matches it's lore to it. You should have complained when they released that 4.0 will introduce a new enemy which will diminish the old conflict, not 2 expansions later in the side topic of PVP.

Don't think it should be either, because if the recent merges were anything to go by those times will normalize FAST.

I read a few posts below, not the whole thread, and they were talking about pop times.

If not that, what is the main argument?

I read a few posts below, not the whole thread, and they were talking about pop times.

If not that, what is the main argument?

For me, pop times are the numbers one issue, followed closely by skill spread across the queue, this is also important to me, but I want to talk about pop times to explain the situation further.

Pop times will be greatly reduced with crossfaction, especially in fringe times or out of prime time because you can still get matches as long as there are a total of 16 players in the queue. Even as the population keeps shrinking, this will become important in prime time too.

I’m not just looking at how this affects things now, but also how it will affect the not so distant future.

The Mergers have worked well for prime time, which is great, but with the server moves to the east coast, it has pretty much negated the merge affect for anytime out side of the main prime time. APAC player were essentially forced from the game and lots of west coast people just refuse to put up with the extra lag.

As I’ve said in previous posts, just in case you didn’t read them, there is a fringe time between prime time and off time. This time bracket is creeping smaller and smaller back into prime time. What this means is prime time itself will start to shrink. When the fringe shrinks, people log off because they hate waiting (fair enough), but what this does is accelerate people logging off earlier and earlier. It’s essentially a snow ball effect and when it gets too big, it can really start to effect prime time too. We saw this happening to the traditional prime time last year around March, but before that, it had been happening to the fringe and off time for 6-9 months. People in prime time didn’t know or just shrugged it off until it started to effect them personally. It got bad enough that even the badfeelingpodcast guys brought it up in a stream.

As someone who is forced to mainly play in the fringe times or off times, I have a front row seat to the time bracket shrinkage. What I’m wittnessing now is much faster shrinkage than before. I dont think it will take 6 months like it did last time, I think it will be more like 3 months.

Its because I know it takes Bioware time to get the ball rolling on things, that I thought it important to get ahead of this so we don’t end up with this same probelem, at least not so soon. Once people can’t play at the times they want or can’t play, they leave and move on to another game, even if they don’t want too. That only makes matters worse because they get friends and guildies to follow them. I saw my whole pvp guild collapse because of this (and no they weren’t an APAC one, they were US).

Cross faction will allow the fringe times and off times to still be more playable because 5 reps and 11 Imps can form a cross faction match and have regular pops.

“If” the queue was sophisticated enough to identify there were only enough people for cross faction or arena and it put people into those, then there wouldn’t be as big a problem with the pop times. But the queue is not and never will be sophisticated enough. So the only solution to make pops faster is to make all WZs crossfaction, then it doesn’t matter what the queue decides the next map should be because there will be enough in the queue regardless of the time and it will make a match happen.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Times haven’t normalised outside of a shrinking prime time, they’ve gotten worse.

Edited by TrixxieTriss