Now give us all Cross Faction maps

TrixxieTriss

Once again, you assume instead of bringing facts. For that reason you'll nearly always be wrong. My faction is both factions, there is nothing to prevent players from playing both sides. You can fool yourself all you want thinking all people only play one side, and try to distract from the blatantly obvious points which are all that matters. People who play both sides (nearly all people), should be able to PvP on their pub chars too, currently you really cannot. And I'm sure you would change your tune quite fast since you are the rare single faction player, if your faction was the one abandoned. Instead you only play on the easy side, and want to keep your easy wars (when against pubs).

Since you are SOOOOOOOO against fighting with pubs and against other imps, I'm sure you quit every war instead of playing them right? Otherwise you are just full of it. Because almost all of the wars are Imp versus Imp, you leave those right? And almost all wars your teammates include players who would be PvPing on pub side if it were anywhere near even, so you pretty much stick to your morals and leave all wars so that you do not have to play against imps and with pubs right?

See, your argument holds no water. Admit it, you want to play on the easy side and you want that side to remain easy.

Regardless, why OP and probably most players want just is a choice. Anyone can just switch to imp side and PvP, but players should have the freedom to also play their pub chars. So unless they do something dramatic to even out the factions, like a gear wipe with no more imp versus imp warzones, so each side can grow at closer to the same rate, the only real good solution to the problem is - all wars cross faction.

And really, the OP's suggestion is an attempt to solve a very serious issue. Why not be productive and offer your ideas to solve that problem instead of just being a negative troll adding nothing, and not helping anything move closer to a solution. It is tremendously serious for TWO faction MMO to have 1 ENTIRE faction really not have a PvP option. You must want a faster death to the MMO, because thats what it brings.

How much i must repeat it? If you are blind thats not my problem. I KNOW THAT MANY PLAYS BOTH SIDES BUT When people switch sides they do it for reason. They want easy games - ok. They like how republic's abilities look - no problems, they just hate empire so they go republic - good. So what? People make their choices and the reasons WHY THEY DO SO mustn't concern you AT ALL. Everyone plays the faction he wants whatever reason is. After server merges were made i don't see any problems with pops on both sides. I often see fights reps vs imps (on DM and TH servers). The fights imps vs imps have their own lore explanation - training simulation (the same with odessen by the way, however odessen is cross-faction). I dont see any problems with playing republic, they are competitive and have enoughh population (even though it is lower compared to imps). If your server has problems with pops for one of the factions - time to change server/ timezone.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It proves that your and several other players timezone doesn't fit you server. Lack of APAC servers makes your game look dead, low populated. But you cant solve this problem by simply making cross-faction (which will cause problems to those who likes classic role). As i told, bioware doesnt care about APAC players, and you gaming time on star forge is not the main gaming time.

I noticed you still haven’t provided times you play or how long. 🙄

Your assumptions are also false about what times I play because I actually go out of my way to try and play during US prime times (how else would I know what times they really are), but I also play in those fringe times on the edges of it. Because of that I get to see when those fringe times start to shrink, much earlier than before people who play in the middle of prime time and I can tell you they already are shrinking and a lot faster than they did in March last year when we had a hell of a lot more APAC players on at those times.

While cross faction won’t fix a shrinking population, it does allow faster pop times for the lack of players. How you cannot understand this basic concept is beyond me. So let me use some 3rd grade math and see if you can get it this time.

3 reps in the queue.

13 Imps in the queue

= 16 total players to form 2 teams in the queue when cross faction is active

8v8 = 16 players per game.

3 Rep players in the queue

13 Imps in the queue

No cross faction

= reps still need 5 more players for a full side

= Imps have enough for about 1 and half teams

Neither side get any game pops for hours and hours, but they could have been getting constant pvp pops because there were enough for cross faction.

You might not want cross faction for your own RP reasons. But your logic is flawed and 100% wrong that it won’t help people playing at odd times.

What I would like to know is do you want more people to leave the game? Because I can tell you from first hand experience that as those pop times get longer in the fringe times, more people stop queueing, this makes those fringe times shrink faster and that eats into prime time as well. Eventually you end up with the situation we had before the mergers when prime time is only 2-3 hours and one which has long pops times as well.

Your attitude against cross faction is actually very selfish towards all those players and ultimately towards all players in the game because it’s a slippery sloped when people start leaving just because they can’t play content. It’s not because they don’t want to play because they do actually want to play but they can’t. That destroys the whole game faster than it needs to. Mergers were just a band aid for the systemic problem this game has of shrinking population due to too much mismanagement in the past and lack of investment. This band aid will only last so long. Things may look fine right now, but the rot is still there and not cured. I saw this same thing happening 18 months and voiced concerns. I got shouted down and was told I didn’t know what I was talking about. Guess what, 12 months later everything I said came true. The writing is still on the wall, it is going to happen again in 12 months time unless they innovate their thinking to keep people from leaving because they can’t get pvp pops.

You need to look at the big picture here.

If you want the pvp in this game to be viable for at least another few years, then we need to get cross faction happening

If you don’t care enough about pvp and don’t care if it’s viable, then you can keep thinking it’s not needed.

So what is it?

Do you care about your fellow players and pvpers being able to play the game?

Do you want to play pvp with reasonable pop times in the future?

Or would you prefer to RP in your own little world of rep vs imp, at the detriment of the game and your fellow players? You do know you can’t RP in pvp if there isn’t any pvp 🙄

You can’t hae it both ways, so you need to choose. So choose wisely.

How much i must repeat it? If you are blind thats not my problem. I KNOW THAT MANY PLAYS BOTH SIDES BUT When people switch sides they do it for reason. They want easy games - ok. They like how republic's abilities look - no problems, they just hate empire so they go republic - good. So what? People make their choices and the reasons WHY THEY DO SO mustn't concern you AT ALL. Everyone plays the faction he wants whatever reason is. After server merges were made i don't see any problems with pops on both sides. I often see fights reps vs imps (on DM and TH servers). The fights imps vs imps have their own lore explanation - training simulation (the same with odessen by the way, however odessen is cross-faction). I dont see any problems with playing republic, they are competitive and have enoughh population (even though it is lower compared to imps). If your server has problems with pops for one of the factions - time to change server/ timezone.

YOU DONT EVEN PLAY REPS 🙄

But you seem to be a massive expert about how many play and what their pop times are like because you get to pvp against them 🙄

Excellent reasoning there.

Can you explain which server and what time zone server we should change to? Do you even know where the servers are located? Do you understand distances and time zones?

Please do enlighten us because we are obviously all simpiltons and need your supreme wisdom and enlightenment.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I noticed you still haven’t provided times you play or how long. 🙄

Your assumptions are also false about what times I play because I actually go out of my way to try and play during US prime times (how else would I know what times they really are), but I also play in those fringe times on the edges of it. Because of that I get to see when those fringe times start to shrink, much earlier than before people who play in the middle of prime time and I can tell you they already are shrinking and a lot faster than they did in March last year when we had a hell of a lot more APAC players on at those times.

While cross faction won’t fix a shrinking population, it does allow faster pop times for the lack of players. How you cannot understand this basic concept is beyond me. So let me use some 3rd grade math and see if you can get it this time.

3 reps in the queue.

13 Imps in the queue

= 16 total players to form 2 teams in the queue when cross faction is active

8v8 = 16 players per game.

3 Rep players in the queue

13 Imps in the queue

No cross faction

= reps still need 5 more players for a full side

= Imps have enough for about 1 and half teams

Neither side get any game pops for hours and hours, but they could have been getting constant pvp pops because there were enough for cross faction.

You might not want cross faction for your own RP reasons. But your logic is flawed and 100% wrong that it won’t help people playing at odd times.

What I would like to know is do you want more people to leave the game? Because I can tell you from first hand experience that as those pop times get longer in the fringe times, more people stop queueing, this makes those fringe times shrink faster and that eats into prime time as well. Eventually you end up with the situation we had before the mergers when prime time is only 2-3 hours and one which has long pops times as well.

Your attitude against cross faction is actually very selfish towards all those players and ultimately towards all players in the game because it’s a slippery sloped when people start leaving just because they can’t play content. It’s not because they don’t want to play because they do actually want to play but they can’t. That destroys the whole game faster than it needs to. Mergers were just a band aid for the systemic problem this game has of shrinking population due to too much mismanagement in the past and lack of investment. This band aid will only last so long. Things may look fine right now, but the rot is still there and not cured. I saw this same thing happening 18 months and voiced concerns. I got shouted down and was told I didn’t know what I was talking about. Guess what, 12 months later everything I said came true. The writing is still on the wall, it is going to happen again in 12 months time unless they innovate their thinking to keep people from leaving because they can’t get pvp pops.

You need to look at the big picture here.

If you want the pvp in this game to be viable for at least another few years, then we need to get cross faction happening

If you don’t care enough about pvp and don’t care if it’s viable, then you can keep thinking it’s not needed.

So what is it?

Do you care about your fellow players and pvpers being able to play the game?

Do you want to play pvp with reasonable pop times in the future?

Or would you prefer to RP in your own little world of rep vs imp, at the detriment of the game and your fellow players? You do know you can’t RP in pvp if there isn’t any pvp 🙄

You can’t hae it both ways, so you need to choose. So choose wisely.

Now when i write this message i have 20:15 (8:15 pm) and during my main gaming time (5-9 pm or 16:00-21:00) i had no problems with queue even before ebon hawk was merged. By the way my char was republic (NIck name thyon'e, togruta shadow). Even before merged i knew that my time isnt perfect for TEH yet i didnt saw any serious problems with wrz pops. In fact iam now more sure that your time is wrong for that server. For DM and Tulak hord is much more better for me, and i have no problems with pops there. So i wont agree with on need of cross-faction because i see no problems. I recommend you to find an mmo game with apac servers.

Of course you don't see any problems if you only ever played 1 side.

You can't objectively comment on this matter unless you have extensive experience playing both sides.

The Republic side of things is not in a good state right now.

Cross faction queues would eliminate the problem altogether instantly.

There is literally not one valid argument beyond "boohoo but canon/lore". Not one.

And which by the way, can easily be twisted and turned enough to support it.

Of course you don't see any problems if you only ever played 1 side.

You can't objectively comment on this matter unless you have extensive experience playing both sides.

The Republic side of things is not in a good state right now.

Cross faction queues would eliminate the problem altogether instantly.

There is literally not one valid argument beyond "boohoo but canon/lore". Not one.

I never said i didnt played reps. I have 4 rep toons on tulak hord. On dm and th there is no problems with pops for both factions. On star forge u may experience problems during the dead time ( playing during early morning at their timezone). But this cant be enough reason to make cross-faction

I never said i didnt played reps. I have 4 rep toons on tulak hord. On dm and th there is no problems with pops for both factions. On star forge u may experience problems during the dead time ( playing during early morning at their timezone). But this cant be enough reason to make cross-faction

Do you PVP with your rep toons? I find it self-contradictory

No. I wont carrie useless reps in regs. 2/10, nothing to discuss here

Or was it mistaking this thread for an RP conversation :D

I said it in another thread but will say it here too. It is only a matter of having 1 or 0 matches in dead times, it is a matter of having 21 or 20 in prime times. As things are now, if 170 imps and 166 reps are consistently queueing they will have 20 matches ongoing and 10 imps and 6 reps waiting in any given point of time. Why have 10 imps and 6 reps waiting until one of the 20 matches is concluded, where they could have a 21st match instead? It makes things better, it doesn't make things worse. Can't find any reason not to make cross-faction.

Exactly, and let me add that it was already twisted and turned this way since 4.0 if we just give a slight look to the turn the main story has taken.

When Odessan first came out, i hated the Xfaction aspect. Looking back i see its more of the map i'm not a fan of.

The new Yavin WZ, i find i actually get some pretty good matches. I think all Wzs could benefit from xfaction. When it comes down to it, friendly is green and red is dead. I'm not into RP so i could care less about the religious aspects of the storylines separating the factions.

Do you PVP with your rep toons? I find it self-contradictory

Or was it mistaking this thread for an RP conversation :D

I said it in another thread but will say it here too. It is only a matter of having 1 or 0 matches in dead times, it is a matter of having 21 or 20 in prime times. As things are now, if 170 imps and 166 reps are consistently queueing they will have 20 matches ongoing and 10 imps and 6 reps waiting in any given point of time. Why have 10 imps and 6 reps waiting until one of the 20 matches is concluded, where they could have a 21st match instead? It makes things better, it doesn't make things worse. Can't find any reason not to make cross-faction.

Exactly, and let me add that it was already twisted and turned this way since 4.0 if we just give a slight look to the turn the main story has taken.

When i queue on my rep toons on th server i wait around 1-3 mins for pop. When i queue on my imp toons on dm i wait a bit less. Difference in 1-3 mins more/less is not enough to implement such a big change as cross-faction. I like the faction vs faction fights, i like when jedi are fighting sith (besides in this game most of players even bind themselves to faction closes because i always see reps using brown jedi clothes (valiant jedi armor, revered master etc), while imps using dark/red battle gear). I want it to stay like this, i dont want to see this dumb mixture. Besides, i like to play reps on th because they dominate there, and i like to play imps on dm because imps are good here. So it's skill issues here too :) nothing surprising here, on one server one faction can be better or worse, people are making their choices, and i find it great. What you guys suggesting is remove the choice. There would be no sense in that faction choose panel when. You create a new character. Just a gray class.

Its not about the queue times dude. Nobody cares about that stuff and practically every pvper i know would be willing to wait longer than they are if it brought some positive changes.

The reason to go x-faction isnt queue time, it's about balancing the odds of winning. How you havn't grasped this after 3 pages is beyond me..

Its not about the queue times dude. Nobody cares about that stuff and practically every pvper i know would be willing to wait longer than they are if it brought some positive changes.

The reason to go x-faction isnt queue time, it's about balancing the odds of winning. How you havn't grasped this after 3 pages is beyond me..

If you let the other faction queue also, that would SHORTEN the queue time. So even though most people are perfectly willing to wait longer for queues if it meant cross faction wars, they do not have to. Adding back the masses of pubs who decide not to pvp (rather than pvping on imp side), back to the wars can only help make queues more healthy. And the wimps who want to leave it the way it is now will have slightly more competitive wars, a few less easy wins, oh well, tough noodles.

So from what I have seen from this thread. The people who are against making all maps cross faction are people who complain about their lore/RP, and those who want it separated for easy wins (They like knowing which side is better to play on).

When i queue on my rep toons on th server i wait around 1-3 mins for pop. When i queue on my imp toons on dm i wait a bit less. Difference in 1-3 mins more/less is not enough to implement such a big change as cross-faction. I like the faction vs faction fights, i like when jedi are fighting sith (besides in this game most of players even bind themselves to faction closes because i always see reps using brown jedi clothes (valiant jedi armor, revered master etc), while imps using dark/red battle gear). I want it to stay like this, i dont want to see this dumb mixture. Besides, i like to play reps on th because they dominate there, and i like to play imps on dm because imps are good here. So it's skill issues here too :) nothing surprising here, on one server one faction can be better or worse, people are making their choices, and i find it great. What you guys suggesting is remove the choice. There would be no sense in that faction choose panel when. You create a new character. Just a gray class.

I colored your post to make it easier to respond to in parts.

So as for the green part: you do know that most none CM and none BoL gear changes its look when it is transferred across factions? The reason you don't see sith with Jedi robes or Jedi with Malgus's mask is that when the Jedi robes are transferred to the sith side they look like a metal sith armor, and when the sith masks go to the republic they become these stupid sunglasses of the Jedi. The gear means nothing about players caring or not about lore and role.

For the red part: I am afraid you will find no much sympathy for "I enjoy easy dominating and don't want it to be random and therefore statistically more balanced". People who choose factions due to dominance are dangerously close to FOTM rerollers. The only difference is FOTM rerollers rely on their own skill to make them OP when combined with their FOTM choice, while dominant-faction-choosers depend on other people's skill.

And specifically for you: You can't on the one hand claim to care about role-playing and on the other hand pick your faction according to who is usually dominant, it makes no sense. RP question: Would your sith desert to the republic if they started winning?? I think in that aspect even I am more lore-loyal then you are, in that case :p

For the yellow part: This game has content between the PVP queue pops. This content is where your faction matters. If you enjoy the imperial class storylines and abilities you play imperial if you enjoy the rep you play rep, and if you enjoy both you play both. External factors outside of your controls such as faction dominance shouldn't affect your choice.

If anything, role players should welcome cross-faction as it means they can play what they want and can still PVP and have fair chances of winning and not getting stomped simply due to more people preferring the other faction...

Now when i write this message i have 20:15 (8:15 pm) and during my main gaming time (5-9 pm or 16:00-21:00) i had no problems with queue even before ebon hawk was merged. By the way my char was republic (NIck name thyon'e, togruta shadow). Even before merged i knew that my time isnt perfect for TEH yet i didnt saw any serious problems with wrz pops. In fact iam now more sure that your time is wrong for that server. For DM and Tulak hord is much more better for me, and i have no problems with pops there. So i wont agree with on need of cross-faction because i see no problems. I recommend you to find an mmo game with apac servers.

So, these “times” you’ve listed, are they Berlin, London, NY, Austin, LA, Sydney, Tokyo or Mumbia times? Saying it’s 8:15pm doesn’t tell us anything. I can say I play at 8:15pm, but that means Sydney time. You do realise that the time you see in the game is your local time and not the server location time 😉

If I was to guess, I would say English isn’t your first language, so I’m guessing you are in the EU somewhere.

So from what I have seen from this thread. The people who are against making all maps cross faction are people who complain about their lore/RP, and those who want it separated for easy wins (They like knowing which side is better to play on).

What’s interesting is RP people have told me in other threads that you can’t RP in pvp and people don’t. So the whole RP argument is pretty weak when RP isn’t done in pvp.

Which leads us to people wanting to always be carried by better players on the winning faction. So they will jump sides as soon as one faction starts to dominate during the day. But there are those who don’t swap when it gets hard and then they get told how bad they are by those who need to be carried 😉

There are a very small number who don’t RP or need to be carried and still want it to be seperate factions because that’s the way they see SW. But I think they are a very small percentage of the people against crossfaction. I think the majority of those against crossfaction fall into the first two categories.

On a whole, crossfaction would be the best thing for pvp and pvpers in this game.

People do actually care about times. Queue times are important to those of us on the fringe or out side of prime time. Cross faction would have a massive and positive impact on queue times for us.

I do agree that x-faction isn’t “just” about queue times. Balancing the odds and skills across both factions is a major factor. If we had that, queue pops would sort themselves out.

Something else to take into consideration is Low/Mid tier pvp. With every map being made cross-faction we would see more pops in those tiers which for me at least would be a welcomed change. I find lowbie pvp a nice change of pace and have been enjoying it a lot more lately.

Something else to take into consideration is Low/Mid tier pvp. With every map being made cross-faction we would see more pops in those tiers which for me at least would be a welcomed change. I find lowbie pvp a nice change of pace and have been enjoying it a lot more lately.

Absolutely this ^^

People do actually care about times. Queue times are important to those of us on the fringe or out side of prime time. Cross faction would have a massive and positive impact on queue times for us.

I do agree that x-faction isn’t “just” about queue times. Balancing the odds and skills across both factions is a major factor. If we had that, queue pops would sort themselves out.

I never said people didn't care.

But honestly, outside of midnight to 9am how often do you really have to wait more than 5 minutes for a reg to pop?

People would be willing to wait at least twice as long as the game is making them wait right now. Especially if the quality of the average game would be higher than it is now.

There might be something to be said for the lower levels, but I personally havn't shown my face there in years.

Edited by Evolixe

I colored your post to make it easier to respond to in parts.

So as for the green part: you do know that most none CM and none BoL gear changes its look when it is transferred across factions? The reason you don't see sith with Jedi robes or Jedi with Malgus's mask is that when the Jedi robes are transferred to the sith side they look like a metal sith armor, and when the sith masks go to the republic they become these stupid sunglasses of the Jedi. The gear means nothing about players caring or not about lore and role.

For the red part: I am afraid you will find no much sympathy for "I enjoy easy dominating and don't want it to be random and therefore statistically more balanced". People who choose factions due to dominance are dangerously close to FOTM rerollers. The only difference is FOTM rerollers rely on their own skill to make them OP when combined with their FOTM choice, while dominant-faction-choosers depend on other people's skill.

And specifically for you: You can't on the one hand claim to care about role-playing and on the other hand pick your faction according to who is usually dominant, it makes no sense. RP question: Would your sith desert to the republic if they started winning?? I think in that aspect even I am more lore-loyal then you are, in that case :p

For the yellow part: This game has content between the PVP queue pops. This content is where your faction matters. If you enjoy the imperial class storylines and abilities you play imperial if you enjoy the rep you play rep, and if you enjoy both you play both. External factors outside of your controls such as faction dominance shouldn't affect your choice.

If anything, role players should welcome cross-faction as it means they can play what they want and can still PVP and have fair chances of winning and not getting stomped simply due to more people preferring the other faction...

For ur first part: doesnt matter how mechanism works. If it happens because system reskins gear parts or because players choose right outfits - it works. On my server in most cases i see people using relative outfits for different factions.

For second part. Iam a skilled player who prefer to play with other skilled players. I hate playing with bads, and i cant carrie them. This is how 90% of swtor players do, they just go for winning side seeing that they cant do anything on their current faction. Sad but true. In most situations it is imps, but on some servers (like th) it can be reps. There are some players who are bad and want to be carried by winning side but once again - it is their choice, we cant force them to stop doing it. So consider that there are other type of players - skilled players who tired of their bad faction.

For your special part about me. When i play reps - i play for reps. I fully dedicated to republic. When i play imps - i play imps, and iam a sith who fights for the empire. My different chars are not the same, yes iam one person, and i dont have psychological problems :D but that how it works. My sentinel is not my sniper, they are different persons in the game.

Your last part just proves the REAL reason why everyone wants cross-faction - because there is faction imbalance. Yet iam sorry but thats how mmo works. It must have winner lol, we are competing with each other, you cant demand it being balanced. It may be balanced but if it isnt - nothing bad here, means empire or republic IS BETTER. This is the thing (faction balance i mean) no one can interfere into except players. If one faction dominates over another one - this is the process which flows as it must. Only the strongest survives. If players choose one faction to play - be ready to accept its failures or wins. It's like a biological process in which others shouldn't interfere by making Artificial mechanisms to save one faction from another. I dont see that reps or imps are fighting without full teams, in fact in almost all cases the teams are full. The fact that one faction wins considerably more than other - is a matter which applies to players only. Not devs

So, these “times” you’ve listed, are they Berlin, London, NY, Austin, LA, Sydney, Tokyo or Mumbia times? Saying it’s 8:15pm doesn’t tell us anything. I can say I play at 8:15pm, but that means Sydney time. You do realise that the time you see in the game is your local time and not the server location time 😉

If I was to guess, I would say English isn’t your first language, so I’m guessing you are in the EU somewhere.

My time is UTC + 2 hours

Your last part just proves the REAL reason why everyone wants cross-faction - because there is faction imbalance. Yet iam sorry but thats how mmo works. It must have winner lol, we are competing with each other, you cant demand it being balanced. It may be balanced but if it isnt - nothing bad here, means empire or republic IS BETTER. This is the thing (faction balance i mean) no one can interfere into except players. If one faction dominates over another one - this is the process which flows as it must. Only the strongest survives. If players choose one faction to play - be ready to accept its failures or wins. It's like a biological process in which others shouldn't interfere by making Artificial mechanisms to save one faction from another. I dont see that reps or imps are fighting without full teams, in fact in almost all cases the teams are full. The fact that one faction wins considerably more than other - is a matter which applies to players only. Not devs

If you really feel it is a matter that applies to players only then lets just cancel all imp-vs-imp pops. That way you'll never get a pop unless some imps take it upon themselves to go queue on pub side. That's the only way you can leave it up to the players. But of course you already drop all imp vs imp wars right? Because of your high moral standard of only fighting against pubs? Yeah right, full of it. Admit it, you suck, and you need to play on the wimp side for the easy wins. People do not mind mmo imbalance, as long as it goes no further than like 60/40 FOR BOTH NUMBER OF POPS AND WIN PERCENTAGE, it wouldn't need intervention of devs. But it was dev intervention that caused the problem initially with 5.0. Now they have an MMO where one faction pretty much has either given up on PvP or are fighting side by side with you on the imp team. I'd bet more than half of every one of your teams is a Pub at heart.

Its a good thing you are in the minority of opinion, for us to leave factions the way they are we'd need to quadruple damage and armor for pubs, just to get the wins up to around 40% and bring the other faction back into play. Once again, you still haven't yet posted 1 idea for solution to the problem, trolling is its own reward?

On a side note, if you ignore the unhelpful troll, and re-read the thread, its actually quite helpful.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

I never said people didn't care.

But honestly, outside of midnight to 9am how often do you really have to wait more than 5 minutes for a reg to pop?

People would be willing to wait at least twice as long as the game is making them wait right now. Especially if the quality of the average game would be higher than it is now.

There might be something to be said for the lower levels, but I personally havn't shown my face there in years.

Actually, there is quiet a lot of waiting from about 8pm west coast time till about 11am east coast time. I know because these would be my normal play times “if” we had more APAC people still. As it stands, I now have to try and squeeze in pvp when I would usually be working. For some reason you guys all go to bed early or go watch tv about 8pm.

I certainly don’t want to be waiting twice as long as I already am. I’m currently sitting in the queue while I type. I’ve been queued for 47 mins.

Now when i write this message i have 20:15 (8:15 pm) and during my main gaming time (5-9 pm or 16:00-21:00) i had no problems with queue even before ebon hawk was merged. By the way my char was republic (NIck name thyon'e, togruta shadow). Even before merged i knew that my time isnt perfect for TEH yet i didnt saw any serious problems with wrz pops. In fact iam now more sure that your time is wrong for that server. For DM and Tulak hord is much more better for me, and i have no problems with pops there. So i wont agree with on need of cross-faction because i see no problems. I recommend you to find an mmo game with apac servers

Edit : My time is UTC + 2 hours

So, I’m going to repost my answer to this now that you’ve provided what time zone you are in.

At 5 pm your time, it is 10 am NY time and 2 am my time. I can tell you that there is no way you are getting fast pops on SF at “your” 5pm. You might start to get faster pops when you get to “your” 8 pm and when you reach “your” 9 pm it has entered a prime time.

I think you may be telling us your point of view based on the EU servers and not US servers. It makes no sense why you would choose to have 80-100ms more ping to play pvp on SS or SF. The EU server pvp is supposed to be decent and falls right in your prime time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss