Is it just me???

Gwaneth

Is it just me that finds it really odd that this game seems to be the ONLY game that is on the internet that doesn't have something going for halloween??? Didn't we used to have some kind of thing (besides the CC Trickster speeder) that went on for All Hallows Eve or am I mistaken? Maybe this also reflects on just how much this game is ceasing to matter to EA?

Is it just me that finds it really odd that this game seems to be the ONLY game that is on the internet that doesn't have something going for halloween??? Didn't we used to have some kind of thing (besides the CC Trickster speeder) that went on for All Hallows Eve or am I mistaken? Maybe this also reflects on just how much this game is ceasing to matter to EA?

I don't recall any Halloween events. A few cartel things but that's all. We have the lifeday stuff and that's pretty much it as far as 'holiday' related things.

Yeah. They also used to have Valentine Jawagrams for Valentines Day, which I don't remember if they had those last year or not. We get a Christmas/New Year/Holiday thing in Life Day in December.

There could be numerous reasons why there aren't Halloween themed things in game, but it's hard not to suspect laziness or lack of caring especially given the way things are right now.

I thought a long time ago that during October they did have some Halloweenish themed stuff in the CM.

I always liked WoW's Halloween event, felt special and people always found it fun!

Wish we had a flashpoint that they could just drop some Halloween theme in and give special items during the season. Maybe if swtor stayed what it was at launch we could have had those things.👵

Am I the only one who's just as glad to NOT be inundated with RL holiday stuff? It's pretty much thrown in my face in any other MMO I play, it's nice to play one where there isn't anything. Also really not sure how Halloween would fit lorewise. As I recall the first time Life Day (aka Christmas) came around there were complaints about the lore.

I'd honestly prefer more events that have an in-lore reason for being there even if they don't fall on any particular RL holiday.

I was under the impression that the recent Singularity pack featured spooky gear (Holo Rancor Mount & Corrupted Varactyl) because of it's October release date.

We also got some of the Halloween gear earlier this year (Treatment Chamber, Walkhar Trickster) than previous years.

Edited by jimmorrisson

I was under the impression that the recent Singularity pack featured spooky gear (Holo Rancor Mount & Corrupted Varactyl) because of it's October release date.

We also got some of the Halloween gear earlier this year (Treatment Chamber, Walkhar Trickster) than previous years.

And selling new loot is a Halloween event to you?? Just curious...

Am I the only one who's just as glad to NOT be inundated with RL holiday stuff? It's pretty much thrown in my face in any other MMO I play, it's nice to play one where there isn't anything. Also really not sure how Halloween would fit lorewise. As I recall the first time Life Day (aka Christmas) came around there were complaints about the lore.

I'd honestly prefer more events that have an in-lore reason for being there even if they don't fall on any particular RL holiday.

You're not the only one, I don't need Halloween in Star Wars.

Not every country cares about Halloween. In a global service, it seems to me way better to have events based on the IP than forcing some RL stuffs into a game, especially when the settings are completely disconnected from RL.

You're not the only one, I don't need Halloween in Star Wars.

Not every country cares about Halloween. In a global service, it seems to me way better to have events based on the IP than forcing some RL stuffs into a game, especially when the settings are completely disconnected from RL.

No Halloween?

I suppose by that statement you're against Lifeday as well.

Hallow's End in WoW is my absolutely favorite virtual holiday. I'm a Halloween-lover in general though my country doesn't really celebrate it yet. That said, I don't feel many traditional real world holidays suit the Star Wars universe. Life Day is done nicely and that's cool but I'm not really expecting Hoppy the Easter Droid to make a showing soon, or for Darth Marr to start trolling the fleet as the ghost of the Headless Horseman (actually that could be entertaining...). And just imagine the Life Day snowflakes thing but then as hearts for each Valentines and there you are poofing hearts out of your backside at each turn.

Nah, I'm okay with them not doing anything for Halloween or many of the other holidays. We do usually get something in early May which feels more appropriate.

I don't mind Halloween-themed items and activities, but Halloween isn't really a thing where I live. I didn't even realize it was that time again until just now someone wished me a happy Halloween in-game.

Well for some of us its New Year - Happy Samhain.

Seriously Halloween in a far distant future where its a constant battle to stay alive? do me a favour.

Cheers

I guess this year with no conquest no halloween etc. etc. whoever's working on this game is hopefully heads down getting everything ready for Nov 8. and that's all they can spare right now. No reason to rock the boat trying to get extras in place that might cause issues.

I'm fine with that. Rather have a happy Nov 8th than a happy Halloween at this point.

Halloween is for little kids who want to dress up and trick or treat. This games population is mainly comprised of late teens and adults. There isn't a need for it.

No Halloween?

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

For myself, I don't particularly care about Life Day one way or the other. It's not nearly as obnoxious as the first time Aion had Christmas (I stopped playing before a second Christmas rolled around). The major hub was tackily overdecorated and had RL Christmas carols playing non-stop. They didn't even try to find some in game lore reason for a celebration, they just shoved all the RL stuff in there.

At least Secret World has a really good reason for having RL holiday events.

Cartel Market stuff isn't really content.

It's weird, but SWTOR has never really had in-game holiday events or anything other than Life Day. Even when this game had a ton of servers and a healthy population. It was just something BW strangely never paid much attention to. I was never big on in-game holidays but I always took that as somewhat of a red flag. Many people DO enjoy that sort of content and participate in it.

That lack of fun stuff I always thought was a troubling sign. And now years later, you can see the state of the game. But I think it's to the point now where they just don't have the staff to do anything for the holidays.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

For myself, I don't particularly care about Life Day one way or the other. It's not nearly as obnoxious as the first time Aion had Christmas (I stopped playing before a second Christmas rolled around). The major hub was tackily overdecorated and had RL Christmas carols playing non-stop. They didn't even try to find some in game lore reason for a celebration, they just shoved all the RL stuff in there.

At least Secret World has a really good reason for having RL holiday events.

Lifeday I hope we get because I want more Lifeday fireplaces. Way too expensive on the GTN and I believe 2 years ago they were like 120cc or something.

Halloween is for little kids who want to dress up and trick or treat. This games population is mainly comprised of late teens and adults. There isn't a need for it.
There is a metric crap TON of irony in this post.

Cartel Market stuff isn't really content..

Disagree from a housekeeping perspective with decorations, which is an element/feature/offering of this game.

I'm off to play Space Barbie in my stronghold now, thank you very much.

Edited by xordevoreaux

No Halloween?

Never was a fan of Life day either.

As it's now Legends, I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come back into SWTOR.

That said, LucasArts/Disney, if they were smart, should have created some lore fitting stuffs to celebrate.

Never was a fan of Life day either.

As it's now Legends, I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come back into SWTOR.

That said, LucasArts/Disney, if they were smart, should have created some lore fitting stuffs to celebrate.

Lore to the game or lore to the holiday? They have an all-red bathrobe for the holiday. 400cc to unlock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.