Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

West Coast Ping Time

Lxndra

Wow. Never thought you'd be the type to be so emotionally affected by an opposing different opinion tux. You used to be more level headed. What the hell happened to you when I was gone? :confused:

Emotionally effected? I'm not the one starting rumor threads promising everyone that a new expansion is coming. YOU are. I'm keeping it real Zion...like you should.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emotionally effected? I'm not the one starting rumor threads promising everyone that a new expansion is coming. YOU are. I'm keeping it real Zion...like you should.

No seriously. What the hell happened to you? You and I would make fun of people who took something the developers may have said in passing or may have mentioned but never committed to, and then Screech that the developers promised them something.

Now you are acting exactly like that over a thread where I said I saw some things and think that something is going down. I don't believe I ever actually promised anything but instead put forth what I think.

I am not the one going into other threads and whining and ************ and giving all weird about it. Dude if this game is that toxic for you right now take a breath and step away like I did.

I seriously am not trying to rip on you or troll you. I just noticed that being back here you are quite a bit different then you used to be. I'm not the only one who noticed, someone else I think said you were Dark Side tux versus Light Side tux who you used to be.

I'm probably sticking my nose in way too much here but I don't want to see you lose it to trollish insanity, the very thing you railed against in Prior years when I was a subscriber.

No seriously. What the hell happened to you? You and I would make fun of people who took something the developers may have said in passing or may have mentioned but never committed to, and then Screech that the developers promised them something.

Now you are acting exactly like that over a thread where I said I saw some things and think that something is going down. I don't believe I ever actually promised anything but instead put forth what I think.

I am not the one going into other threads and whining and ************ and giving all weird about it. Dude if this game is that toxic for you right now take a breath and step away like I did.

I seriously am not trying to rip on you or troll you. I just noticed that being back here you are quite a bit different then you used to be. I'm not the only one who noticed, someone else I think said you were Dark Side tux versus Light Side tux who you used to be.

I'm probably sticking my nose in way too much here but I don't want to see you lose it to trollish insanity, the very thing you railed against in Prior years when I was a subscriber.

Zion...just stop...please. You're just digging deeper dude. Do yourself a favor and just step away for like an hour.

Zion...just stop...please. You're just digging deeper dude. Do yourself a favor and just step away for like an hour.

Doing one better. I'm going to just avoid replying to your posts from here on out. Sucks because we used to have some pretty good conversations but right now I think it's better that way.

Real time scenario for you in gaming.

What do you actually think it will do to your game experience?

Anything? Screw up PVP matches? Missed GCDs? Screw up play with latency?

I am not really sure, I guess time will tell. I haven't done much in the way of playing today other then logging in and checking the GTN.

I'm on the West Coast, but I've been playing on east coast servers for a while now...with this latest update, I still don't see any difference? :confused: How do you measure ping?

...er, I feel stupid for asking, but what the heck is "ping," anyway? :o

In your game, on the mini map on the bottom left are some bars. If you scroll over it, it will give you a time in milliseconds (1/1000th of a second) that it takes for you to communicate with the servers.

If it is 10-20 it means that you are connecting to the server almost instantly. If it is 333, it means it takes a third of a second to connect to the server.

In your game, on the mini map on the bottom left are some bars. If you scroll over it, it will give you a time in milliseconds (1/1000th of a second) that it takes for you to communicate with the servers.

If it is 10-20 it means that you are connecting to the server almost instantly. If it is 333, it means it takes a third of a second to connect to the server.

Oh! So that's what that is! Okay, thank you so much for explaining it to me. :D Mine seems to be fairly minimal. Right now it's at 96. So it takes...what, about a tenth of a second to connect to the servers? Works for me.

I live in Northern California and I play on Begeren Colony. I just checked my ping times: 88-90ms is lowest. I ran around the fleet and I had spikes up to 190ms. There were 20ish people in the Fleet at the time . . . :eek:

Before, my ping times were 17-21ms average with rare occasional spikes from 30-90ms. :mad:

I have great sympathy for the AUS/NZ players as I know there are a few active guilds from that area and this server change is going to impact them the most. :(

I used to check the GTN on the East Coast servers and my ping would be around 90-110ms, so it is a little lower, but I'm not sticking around to play with a 90ms ping. I don't play *any* game with that high of a ping, even if its F2P. I have a high-end computer and 150Mb/sec cable internet speed. 90ms is an insult to my computer setup. :p

My sub runs out near the end of November and if my ping times don't change, then my subscription plan will. :cool:

KC

I live in Northern California and I play on Begeren Colony. I just checked my ping times: 88-90ms is lowest. I ran around the fleet and I had spikes up to 190ms.

KC

Yeah - but of course those spikes "won't affect gameplay." Totally won't bother you in a warzone or anything.

My ping has tripled from the west coast. PVP is nearly impossible with lag spike to 538ms. Can't target people, my attacks not going off in time. Attacks not working because people have moved out of range or behind something that I can't see on my screen. I'm on 300mb cable Time Warner.

PvP is no fun from the west coast, nearly unplayable. Thanks for making things worse. Try a Texas data center next time.

So in the next two weeks will the "smoothing out" be moving the servers back to the West Coast? Cause I don't think you know how the internet works if you think you can overcome ping merely by "smoothing out" things on the East Coast.

I agree, I don't know WTH they are thinking. There is nothing they can physically do to make ping times better for west coasters and other pacific players who were relying on their being actual servers located on our side of the planet to have decent connections to the game.

I can promise you what is going to happen is more players from our side of the world are going to be getting randomly disconnected more often than usual, and a lot of people are going to quit over it. And that means I'm going to lose friends in the game. I'm really starting to lose hope for the future of this game now if this is the kind of people we have running it.

Also the shadiness of this decision is another thorn in my side. Lovely how they kept this a secret until after the fact, and now they are just pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining with this "it will have no significant impact on your gameplay" because "our testing indicates the impact is negligible" and "we will resolve all performances issues at a later date" BS.

Who do they think they are fooling?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.