Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Servers in Europe are based in Ireland mate. What is the problem in implementing patches and take down servers in different hours? a days pay for the person switching buttons? It is common sense dude

This would likely lead to EU servers being down right now for the fixt, since they'd have been patched and failed earlier, and they would possibly have not patched the US servers and just let them play 5.4 until they new 5.4a was working.

It seems it might still screw with the EU playerbase, heh.

Servers in Europe are based in Ireland mate. What is the problem in implementing patches and take down servers in different hours? a days pay for the person switching buttons? It is common sense dude

Always wondered why they don't do rolling upgrades. I can see a reason against it with the new expansions, of course, since you probably can't have some people have earlier access than others, but with the patches, I really don't see a reason against it. Unless they all have a shared backend database that can't take it...Impossible to say without knowing their architecture :)

Edited by VirtualMorrigan

Any updates Eric on the testing of the patch or if it has made it to live servers yet? I know you have an ETA of three hours but ...

A brief update whether everything is on track would be great to ease our minds ^_^ a brief update whether we could get the Bright Yellow Eyes appearance option be made available in character designer for Twi'lek and other species as compensation would be even better!

I'm sorry that is an inconvenience to you, but don't you realize this game is US based? The Staff shouldn't have to stay out after business hours to make it easier another continent. The Team in charge of this game is small enough as it is, and Bioware couldn't afford to pay overtime for them anyhow.

I don't know where you work but I can tell you one thing that you would not survive one release weekend where I do.

• Dev Post
Any updates Eric on the testing of the patch or if it has made it to live servers yet? I know you have an ETA of three hours but ...

Sure thing. Original ETA is still holding true. We are definitely getting closer and all of our testing is going well!

-eric

Sure thing. Original ETA is still holding true. We are definitely getting closer and all of our testing is going well!

-eric

And what about the Bright Yellow Eyes appearance option becoming available to Twi'lek and other species in character designer? :3 a man can dream... and hope... and beg :D

I would just like to play the game

I have had a few beer by this point, and I lolled. So true. I recant my former request for Cartel Coins, and will just try to enjoy my evening until the game is playable again while BW does their best.

(but also, on a sidenote, the faun would be nice :sul_wink:)

This would likely lead to EU servers being down right now for the fixt, since they'd have been patched and failed earlier, and they would possibly have not patched the US servers and just let them play 5.4 until they new 5.4a was working.

I would think that in a rolling update scenario the EU servers would have gotten the 5.4a patch earlier than they did, in their "slow time", then the servers come down ASAP for the bug patch... Following the current time line, 3 hours figuring out what went wrong, then two hours on a "fix", then three hours to test and deploy the "fix". If the EU servers went down 12 hours earlier than they did, the "fix" would have been in place by their prime time (which ended not long ago). Then, on this side of the planet, the 5.4a patch could have been skipped and the US servers sent straight to the "fix" patch. It should, in theory, resolve many problems and reduce the impact on all regions.

I don't know where you work but I can tell you one thing that you would not survive one release weekend where I do.

LOL. Or one of mine. Migration starts Friday 1800 and ends Sunday same time, and during that time, you either work, or are on call for the few hours you sleep. Fun times.

You know everyone complaining, at least Eric the face of the devs who has to put up with all of us is letting us know what is happening in truth he could've just completely left us in the dark. So honestly i want to thank Eric for keeping us informed on whats happening.

So, still issues? Not complaining. I am a little concerned that I saw free stuff being passed out? Or not true? If I can't play a game, I do other things. I don't even log into forums. However, I don't have much to do today except cook (did that), play video games or go to the gym because it's cool and rainy where I reside currently. I already don't play every day and am still a subscriber, but if you're passing out codes it should be to all subscribers for fairness.

so going forward. what did we learn today?

1. test patches before launching them

2. maintenance time needs to start around 3 am PST

3. if you're going to give free stuff out, give it to everyone by in-game mail.

4. have other games downloaded so you don't sit around waiting.

that is all. thanks for reading. lolz

Would have left euro players chance to play while bugs are fixed. It is now 00:42 CET, servers down for 8 hours here including prime time, so actually all day/evening lost. How hard is common sense?

so going forward. what did we learn today?

1. test patches before launching them

2. maintenance time needs to start around 3 am PST

3. if you're going to give free stuff out, give it to everyone by in-game mail.

4. have other games downloaded so you don't sit around waiting.

that is all. thanks for reading. lolz

Agree.