Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said. And the sad part is, if we are compensated for this inconvenience it will be with more XP points. A few cartel coins would be nice since I'm not going to ever be making any micro transactions anyway. The last thing I coded was a simple web app with a python/php backend, and I screwed the code up pretty bad at one point with a few find+replace alls meant to create a single class for some repeptitive functions in the code. Took a few hours to get everything right again. But that was a freelance job, just me working on it, and I make sure all my code is fine before making it live. If I inconvenienced someone I would give the some kind of compensation. Actions speek louder than words. XP costs BW nothing to give. Cartel coins would show true empathy for the player base :) And XP is way too fast as is. I would have to make alts of the same classes just to catch up on the story I missed from being overlevelled for sidequests. But regardless, gl BW team, hopefully this hotfix rolls out smooth, May the Schwartz be with you.

Eh, I don't even want coins, I wanted the pet, because it's unobtainable.

Hm. You said you were new, didn't you? Drop me a PM with what server you are on and what you would have gotten for those coins, maybe I can help.

No, that would be RED.

Not according to the official canon of Star Wars. Look at Sidious, at Anakin as Vader, the Inquisitor in Star Wars Rebels, Darth Bane in his depictions (not the Clone Wars one). Look at Malgus from this game, at Darth Atroxa, at Valkorion and Acina, at Lana Beniko herself. Yellow eyes traditionally are the sign of Dark Side corruption, it was only in this game that suddenly red was introduced as a Dark Side corruption feature.

Straight quote from Wookieepedia:

"Many darksiders experienced a change in the pigmentation of their eyes, as their normal eye color would transform into a luminous, sulfuric yellow."

Edited by Ylliarus

Hope the new patch works... but... Why tease us with the pet codes?

The taun fawn!

I want the cute blue-eyed dalmation spotted taun taun, too! Who wouldn't?

This community wide update event needs this pet available for everyone. Not for just a fast few! :mad:

Where's the rain? Let it rain pet taun fawns!

* Just give us all account-wide Taun Fawns & extra Cartel Coins & another day of C/XP event.

* Be fair. (We pay you.)

Still waiting for game...

Just the fawn would be enough, really.

So.... is anybody else getting "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again."? Keep in mind that I closed the launcher after I lost my internet connection, loaded up again and that's what I get when trying to patch.

Don't even bother trying to get into the game till after 5:30 PM (Pacific Standard Time)

So.... is anybody else getting "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again."? Keep in mind that I closed the launcher after I lost my internet connection, loaded up again and that's what I get when trying to patch.

Well, all the servers are down currently, that might be part of the problem. The morning patch was all SNAFU'd and they are working on a patch to fix it and then hopefully bring the servers back up.

No...No...we want decos of all the male dancers of various species in the Rishi cantina and all the male dancers from the nightlife event. Particularly the human one with no shirt on and wearing a derby ;p

Yes, Yes, Yes! I need him now! It's an emergency! :D

No point shooting the messenger, not Eric's fault, but it is a ****** tactic from bioware to disrespect European players and throw each time patch after patch after patch on our prime time.

I'm sorry that is an inconvenience to you, but don't you realize this game is US based? The Staff shouldn't have to stay out after business hours to make it easier another continent. The Team in charge of this game is small enough as it is, and Bioware couldn't afford to pay overtime for them anyhow.

best not blink or move, 25 codes between how many players :rolleyes: << seem to use this most on this game. Ever feel like "they" are intentionally destroying this game? Love the game but hate the sub, having initially paid monthly for to gain pvp gear for it to be stripped from underneath me like a smelly carpet and given nothing in return but an ooober grind, love maintenance so no issues with that trololol. Me thinks the Devs are darkside. Boom goes the cannon! :D

Eric, is there any particular reason why you guys don't use a PTR server for testing patches? I'm sure some of us would be happy to test new patches on a PTR server before actual launch and cut down on the issues that sometimes crop up. Overwatch and Star Trek Online have test servers and have very little issues when applying patches. (At least as much as I can tell)

As for the free codes, I'm only annoyed that by the time I get there, they're already used up. I would much rather have extended XP boost or codes similar to the cantina event, something that everyone can get and enjoy.

Thanks for keeping us up to date as much as you have today, that helps minimize some of the anxiety.

I really hope we will both get extra double XP/CXP time and also some other compensation (I prefer some CC). That would compensate for both the lost day in the game and the annoyance.

Btw. you really should have a crisis management plan or something for situations like this, problems always happen and you should work out an effective way to keep the community calm, and avoid making people mad which of course leads to losing subscibers.

As for the codes, I honestly belive you didn't want to "buy off" the comunity this cheap, there is nothing wrong giving out some random codes for those who are actively waiting the game coming online again. You have to admit though, it didn't work out well, so it's really important to give proper compensation to everyone.

Anyway, I understand that things can go really wrong sometimes and I wish you good luck fixing the game.

I'm sorry that is an inconvenience to you, but don't you realize this game is US based? The Staff shouldn't have to stay out after business hours to make it easier another continent. The Team in charge of this game is small enough as it is, and Bioware couldn't afford to pay overtime for them anyhow.

If the coders/programmers/developers are hourly instead of salary they are getting overtime today anyways. Of course, you can include flexed hours in a contract. Combine that with a robust testing procedure in place it would not be unreasonable or impractical to do phased patch deployments. Thus minimizing negative impacts on any of the regions based on server groups. It would also reduce overtime to some degree, split schedules are not unknown in the US, I've worked them myself several times.

Servers in Europe are based in Ireland mate. What is the problem in implementing patches and take down servers in different hours? a days pay for the person switching buttons? It is common sense dude