Nerf Guard!

Foambreaker

Not that it matters since we apparently don'/won't have developers anymore but the original purpose of this thread was to address Guard in DPS builds, not TANK builds.

Hmm let's consider the original post.

50% damage reduction, no cool down lasts until death.

/stupid overpowered

This is why healers are so hard to kill; healers without guard are not that hard to kill.

To make it even more stupid DPS have this.

That sounds more likely to be a tank guard to me. Surely you don't have an issue killing a dps pt or guardian trying to guard? Any form of pressure will melt them or force them to remove the guard.

That said, as an actual tank if dps specs couldn't guard I'd be absolutely tickled as then I wouldn't have to yell at them to remove it before they died any more.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm let's consider the original post.

That sounds more likely to be a tank guard to me. Surely you don't have an issue killing a dps pt or guardian trying to guard? Any form of pressure will melt them or force them to remove the guard.

That said, as an actual tank if dps specs couldn't guard I'd be absolutely tickled as then I wouldn't have to yell at them to remove it before they died any more.

Well that was not the intent, if you had included any reading from the first page you would know it. I didn't want to end up with a lot of walls of text from weepy trinity tanks.

Edited by Foambreaker

Well that was not the intent, if you had included any reading from the first page you would know it. I didn't want to end up with a lot of walls of text from weepy trinity tanks.

With a title like nerf guard and the current meta what did you expect exactly? And by the way, the quote was the very first one ok the first page and I've been posting on this thread since it began back in July.

I repeat: I'd be downright thrilled if they took guard away from dps specs. But if a dps is guarding you can probably melt him and his target through the guard with some focus. If he's smart he takes the guard off before he dies. Otherwise congrats you got 2 kills for one.

Edited by KendraP

Reading comprehension? :eek:

I quoted your original post back to you. There was nothing there about your reference being for dps only. And even if that's how you meant it, that is not the direction it has taken since then with all kinds of absolutely ludicrous suggestions of CDs and cutting the damage transfer. In fact the overwhelming majority of my posts were not even directed at you but at people making ridiculous suggestions that would eliminate tanking in PvP.

Maybe we should expect actual explanation of your idea rather than merely "nerf this I don't like it"

With a title like nerf guard and the current meta what did you expect exactly? And by the way, the quote was the very first one ok the first page and I've been posting on this thread since it began back in July.

I repeat: I'd be downright thrilled if they took guard away from dps specs. But if a dps is guarding you can probably melt him and his target through the guard with some focus. If he's smart he takes the guard off before he dies. Otherwise congrats you got 2 kills for one.

Guard should only be tied to TANK SPEC, and it should of been done years ago, guard dont need to be nerf it working as it should, problem is DPS have guard ability to they should not

Guard should only be tied to TANK SPEC, and it should of been done years ago, guard dont need to be nerf it working as it should, problem is DPS have guard ability to they should not

I explained this in the quote you have lol.

As a tank I'd be thrilled to have guard be a tank only thing again. But really a dps guarding fan be squished just through the guard damage to his guarded target. In fact my main reason for wanting them to remove it from dps is so that I don't have to tell them to remove guard before they die!

.. and it should of been done years ago..

Actually it originally was because of the way stances worked, when they gave us the premade skill trees they messed it up, along with phase walk and aerial strike to name a few.

It is actually just another case of the current team screwing up what was not broke.

Edited by Foambreaker

I explained this in the quote you have lol.

As a tank I'd be thrilled to have guard be a tank only thing again. But really a dps guarding fan be squished just through the guard damage to his guarded target. In fact my main reason for wanting them to remove it from dps is so that I don't have to tell them to remove guard before they die!

It doesnt mater the reason, it need to be exclusive to tank spec again

Actually it originally was because of the way stances worked, when they gave us the premade skill trees they messed it up, along with phase walk and aerial strike to name a few.

It is actually just another case of the current team screwing up what was not broke.

I know

Eh overall I like this change. There are now, for example, far fewer people claiming they're tanks in vigi spec because they threw on soresu form. I do wish they'd take guard away from dps specs, but as I say, it's not hard to squish them when they do this.

Not that it matters since we apparently don'/won't have developers anymore but the original purpose of this thread was to address Guard in DPS builds, not TANK builds.

Why are we crying about DPS with guard? Is that still a thing? Is it still seriously giving people problems in regs?

Why are we crying about DPS with guard? Is that still a thing? Is it still seriously giving people problems in regs?

Trinity PvE tanks found this thread and keep bumping it.

But ya, we know you are too good and you can take down a tank/healer combo solo... :rolleyes:

Edited by Foambreaker

Trinity PvE tanks found this thread and keep bumping it.

But ya, we know you are too good and you can take down a tank/healer combo solo... :rolleyes:

Actually I've been willing to let this thread die multiple times. You just bumped it again after it was dead for over a week

Solo kill a tank/healer combo? No.

Solo kill a skank who guards another DPS friend? Countless times.

Can YOU solo kill a DPS/healer combo? or a healer/healer combo? or a single good healer? This has nothing to do with guard.

DPS don't need to have guard, and it is fair to remove it from them, but it is not OP when they do use it, as any good player would focus them down and kill them. Healers always make killing people troublesome, but guard does not prevent you from stunning the healer, and the fact that the DPS guards the healer does little to none to increase the efficiency in which the healer can save him, so it is harder to kill a mara who has a pocket healer than to kill a veng jugg who guards his pocket healer, an the guard changes nothing about it...

Edited by Rafiknoll

Solo kill a tank/healer combo? No.

Solo kill a skank who guards another DPS friend? Countless times.

Can YOU solo kill a DPS/healer combo? or a healer/healer combo? or a single good healer? This has nothing to do with guard.

Skanks don't need to have guard, and it is fair to remove it from them, but it is not OP when they do use it, as any good player would focus them down and kill them. Healers always make killing people troublesome, but guard does not prevent you from stunning the healer, and the fact that the DPS guards the healer does little to none to increase the efficiency in which the healer can save him, so it is harder to kill a mara who has a pocket healer than to kill a veng jugg who guards his pocket healer, an the guard changes nothing about it...

You and I have been allies on this thread so far. When you ask them to remove it from skanks do you mean dps dumb enough to guard or a tank spec using dps gear? Because you and I, while we agree on the purpose of guards and the stupidity of a vigi guardian trying to guard, disagree on the usefulness of shield and absorb in PvP.

It is my personal opinion that all people's issues with skanks (again tanks who use dps gear) could be solved if the usefulness of tank stats was addressed.

You and I have been allies on this thread so far. When you ask them to remove it from skanks do you mean dps dumb enough to guard or a tank spec using dps gear? Because you and I, while we agree on the purpose of guards and the stupidity of a vigi guardian trying to guard, disagree on the usefulness of shield and absorb in PvP.

I don't ask it removed from skanks specifically. It is impossible because they are tank spec and an ability can't depend on stats for being available or not available. I originally wrote "DPS" but thought to use "skanks" in my example to emphasize that even their guard is overrated and is counterable. I now see that due to me replacing the word "DPS" with "skank" in a few wrong places sent the wrong message of me wanting it removed from skanks. I meant it removed from DPS specs. Edited back to make it clear.

It is my personal opinion that all people's issues with skanks (again tanks who use dps gear) could be solved if the usefulness of tank stats was addressed.

Agreed, a nice and maybe sufficient start would be to make an ovelapping shield VS crit chance make the shield win rather than the crit. Crit is good anyway, because the more you have, the more you score when attacking DPS and healers, but shield, as it currently works is capped in approx 60%, meaning 65=60 when fighting DPS and making the stacking of it and absorb limited.

I don't ask it removed from skanks specifically. It is impossible because they are tank spec and an ability can't depend on stats for being available or not available. I originally wrote "DPS" but thought to use "skanks" in my example to emphasize that even their guard is overrated and is counterable. I now see that due to me replacing the word "DPS" with "skank" in a few wrong places sent the wrong message of me wanting it removed from skanks. I meant it removed from DPS specs. Edited back to make it clear.

Agreed, a nice and maybe sufficient start would be to make an ovelapping shield VS crit chance make the shield win rather than the crit. Crit is good anyway, because the more you have, the more you score when attacking DPS and healers, but shield, as it currently works is capped in approx 60%, meaning 65=60 when fighting DPS and making the stacking of it and absorb limited.

We still agree then, sorry if I came off as too mean. I was genuinely confused.

Killed plenty tank/healer combos

Yeah, they were bad and I was on my dps geared immortal jugg

It's quiet comical.

Shield is fine. It's a L2P and watch DCD/Buffs to use them to your advantage. Know when to interrupt and CC

Might take a minute but they do fail. Usually within seconds of each other.

Killed 2 dps and tank swapping guard a few times over the weekend. It's funny as it pulls players to the off node when the real fight is mid. Making it easy for my team to defend/capture mid while I collect rent from nublets at an off node.

Edited by Liquor