Nerf Guard!

Foambreaker

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Yay, another match today with an unkillable healer/tank combo. So glad we have such a broken ability that has no CD, no resource and can just sit on the player indefinitely. I love doing 3 million damage and having 1 kill. Such fun when no one dies in pvp.

Yay, another match today with an unkillable healer/tank combo. So glad we have such a broken ability that has no CD, no resource and can just sit on the player indefinitely. I love doing 3 million damage and having 1 kill. Such fun when no one dies in pvp.

First, try interrupting a guarded healer. As the tank who frequently guards healers, a focused and interrupted healer makes my life very difficult.

Second, you're all probably getting your wish. We'll see what happens but given the history of balance changes either the result of the skanking nerf will be negligible or it will completely make tanking obsolete in pvp.

Also can we please let this thread die already.

Edited by KendraP

First, try interrupting a guarded healer. As the tank who frequently guards healers, a focused and interrupted healer makes my life very difficult.

Second, you're all probably getting your wish. We'll see what happens but given the history of balance changes either the result of the skanking nerf will be negligible or it will completely make tanking obsolete in pvp.

Skank guard should not be 50%, and damage ability slightly reduced.. That's my nerf.

Remove guard from DPS, reduce their taunts. fixed.

Skank guard should not be 50%, and damage ability slightly reduced.. That's my nerf.

Remove guard from DPS, reduce their taunts. fixed.

For dps whatever I really don't care. I want their guard gone because it gets in the way of me guarding. If you can't kill a dps guarding you have bigger problems.

If guard effectiveness in tank spec is reduced, it is my opinion that tanking will become useless in pvp. There comes a time when you should just kill something rather than out stall them.

Why wasn't the tank focused again?

If you can't kill a healed tank with friends helping you, the guard isn't the difference, complain about healers.

If you can't kill a healed tank in solo, well, you shouldn't be able to. They are 2 and you are one. In fact, if you can solo kill a healer, then the healer is a bad player or an underperforming spec.

Thread can die when they make guard actually require a thought process and a modicum of skill. Make it breakable, put a CD on it, something other than just throwing it out there and permanently being 50% damage reduction for the guarded target.

Thread can die when they make guard actually require a thought process and a modicum of skill. Make it breakable, put a CD on it, something other than just throwing it out there and permanently being 50% damage reduction for the guarded target.

A. It's not 50% DR, it's a damage transfer

B. any of those ideas would make tanking pointless in pvp.

C. Since i have no faith in BWs ability to nerf skanking without destroying tanking you're probably getting your wish.

Post a video of yourself making such a great use of guard, and in a case in which the healer(s) would not be merely 20% better than would have been without your guard. Guard works only in 15m proximity and the tank takes more damage when he successfully guards. Overall damage taken by a pair of a tank+healer who is guarded by that tank is equal or greater than the overall damage taken by the same couple without a guard (Unless the enemy is a noob who only uses his single target abilities and targets the healer, in which case, the 5% of the guard will actually be effective. If you have even a single AoE ability in your rotation or don't target the guarded guy, the 5% will not be enough to compensate for the fact that the tank gets 150% AoE)

Or in short, If you think guard does not currently "require a thought process and a modicum of skill", queue solo ranked as a tank and see how many games you get without getting yelled at for guarding improperly, which would indicate, according to that statement, that you lack the "a modicum of skill" and/or can't think. ;)

Guard is broken.

There was a guy before you, who continuously posted "Guard is OP" either without explaining or with bad reasoning. Eventually, he got all his posts removed from this thread and any related thread by moderators. Admittedly this is not the worst thing he did, but it was the first thing which led to all the rest. If you have a good reasoning as to why is guard OP (and note that repeating the regular "inaccuracies" [This is the most credit I can give these arguments - merely inaccurate] about it having no downside and requiring no brain and skill is NOT counted as "good" reasoning), please say it, otherwise, there is no need and no gain from bumping this thread. As things are currently, if and when devs actually look at it, they will see countless arguments in favor of guard versus random complaints and disproven arguments against it, so anti-guard people bumping without further reasoning are actually shooting themselves in the foot.

By the way, "veteran" posters of this thread, I intentionally did NOT name (and shame) the man I was referring to, even though I remember his name perfectly. Please do not do that as well if you wish to respond to this. The name would not add anything constructive to the conversation, instead, it will just increase the chance of this thread getting rolled back few pages by a moderator...

Edited by Rafiknoll