What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

It was originally meant to be the primary method, with 5.0. But contrary to the protestations of "devs never listen to players" they listened to player feedback, reintroduced gear drops to Ops and gear currency to PVP, and have thus relegated CXP to a supplemental role.

Eric explicitly said as much in his post:

I appreciate the link. Obviously Eric only meant for PvE, since RNG is far less time consuming than PvP.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric

I've been tracking the drop rate in a spreadsheet for Tier IV crates across all my toons. I'm currently at 9 out of 181 or ~5%. I don't know if this is what was intended, but it's low enough that you really can't complete a Legendary set this way. It basically forces you to PvP to gear up. I don't enjoy PvP. It's especially painful for toons like my Annihilation Marauder. Patch 5.4 makes it even more lopsided in favor of ranked PvP -- something I enjoy even less. I assume they've looked at their business model and are making money from people who want to do ranked PvP and so that's who they are trying to keep happy. The rest of us are losing faith and questioning the value of our subscriptions.

I don't care what that statement says because it's a flat out LIE.

They slowed the drop rate way down to keep all the hamsters running in their GC t4 crate wheels.Plain and simple.

You guys that are defending it are swallowing it.I however as many others have have had enough and unsubbed.

If they don't change it or get rid of the whole rng crapfest this game will die.If GC is here to stay in it's present form then I will never come back.And it DESERVES to die if it does.

This whole RNG endgame is the worst system I've played in an mmo.It's just beyond a joke tbh and I'm glad I quit.

Opened 85 tier 4 crates to build a heal set for my trooper. Got a gold implant and useless gold relic. For armor I got 0 golds, 18 blue 244 pieces, 10 purple pieces. Just adding to the data. Forgot to track the mainhand and offhand drops as I already had them completed, 0 golds and probably 2-3 blues and purples for each piece.

You think they would speed up the removal or proper adjustment of RNG.

They lost MANY Sub's of that RNG stupidity and Mr. "RNG is exciting" is no longer working on this game. Right now when you are bleeding people you don't add insult to injury and nerf the crap out of them and expect them to stick around.

Every one of the last three patchs has had BAD news. Some good news, but not enough to bring people back to the game and barely enough to keep people around. RNG legacy booster should have been 100% (not the crap 25%). Nerf classes if you need to "Balance" for PVP whining, but better see the same level of nerfs for PVE operations and content at the same time (Not seen ANY). RNG loot was a stupid idea to keep people on the hamster wheel. If it's going to be RNG when you get a GOLD item then at least let us PICK what that item will be or make it a token for us to choose.

My sub is up shortly and I'm also leaving again. Would have been gone last renewal but didn't click the unsub button fast enough. Thought Keith would have actually starting moving this game into a good communications model - He has failed and slipped into corporate chaos of "Lack of Communications = No thing good to say".

When GC hit, it destroyed that and people got ticked off and many stopped playing. It's better now after reverting a lot of the changes back, but personally I won't touch operations until they take GC out of the ops. I find this incomplete leveling system that goes to 300 on each alt a source of frustration and stressful. I am a driven person who likes to complete things he starts. So I need to dose that. I deleted half my toons already but it's still too much.

I do wish it had been a legacy thing just for the same of only having to go through it once. I had the same issue with the alliance thing in KotFE, only ended up going to 20 on one alt, but at least there it was optional. In GC you keep dinging over time whether you like it or not.

And when you think of having 18 characters that are going to be doing this, it's just not cool. As you can see, it's not the BiS gear that is necessary for me, but if I can't gear up my alts without a damn level counter on top of my max level counters, I don't want it at all.

e.

GC isn't in ops, we finally got unassembled operations tokens dropping from every ops boss plus CXP packs dropping from them too so we're getting twice the chance to get gear than in 4.0. Personally I think the best way to implement GC would have been directly on top of the 4.0 system with no changes to 4.0. Then GC would have just been an auxiliary system to allow the non-end game players to get better gear than their not willing to earn which was the stated reason for GC's implementation by BW.

I feel you on the alts, I've got over 20 and not having GC be legacy wide sucks. At least legacy armor allows me to share my progress between the same classes and specs in both factions which means the hardest part is gearing up ear pieces, relics, and implants.

• 7 months later...
Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric

What about the 248 version of "B mods" or enhancements with high endurance? Far as I know the ONLY method of acquiring these is very lucky and rare drops of tier 3 or 4 crates. Planning on maybe SELLING them too? For UC of course...

I've definitely noticed a change in Tier 3 crates. I was getting 236's fairly regularly from the Tier 2 crates, but I'm almost to Tier 4 now, 273, and I've gotten three stinking 242's from 90 or so Tier 3 crates. Whereas I got roughly 12 236's from Tier 2 crates.