What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

And from people who actually left and never came back. We don't have the player base we did a year ago because of CXP,RNG and this galactic command mess. It isn't very rewarding to get your third 246 belt, or worse 244 one....tnat's just super annoying. End this blight as soon as possible. Please with the next major expansion (6.0) do not carry forth anything to do with CXP,RNG or GC.

After nearly 5 years (prior to 5.0), the population of swtor has diminished drastically to the place it is currently at. Obviously the old systems, and changes made based on the majority decision, haven't panned out quite the way players thought it would. The old system isn't working well, so a change needed to be made. As in life, times change, but older generations are much more resistant to change, which makes it a difficult decision to actually make change, but it doesn't mean it can't, or shouldn't, be done. Why would bioware cripple their own game and content they have already created by keeping it obsolete with the old systems in place? With CXP, I can go back to dromund kaas and still level up/gear out at 70. Tell me how I could've done that pre-5.0?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop forcing us to do content we dont want to do. Currently the best way of gearing up is combination of pve and pvp, which is very bad! I hate pve so why i cant bis gear fast only with pvp? Rise bolster to maximum or make pvp a great annd fast source of bis gear! Many Players are leaving because you are forcing them to run pve whereas they are pvp players.

LOL, you aren't forced to do anything specific. That's the whole point of CXP crates. You don't seem to "get it."

Re: Solo PvE players don't need 248 gear. This game is not about need; it is about want. I don't need things from the Cartel Market, but I want them. I don't need 248 gear, but I want them.

This is the primary reason I am in favor of the CXP crate system. My time in-game is just as valuable as anyone elses in the game. I am also capable of doing end-game content, but many times there are variables that are out of my control as to whether I can get a group, get an ops, log in at peak hours, etc, even if I want to do the most challenging content in the game. I'm limited by the game itself, not by my skill or my motivation, or even my actual time commitment. Everyone should have an opportunity to acquire the best in slot gear, doing whatever it is they want, especially when you realize that if they can't accomplish their in-game goals, they have no reason to log in at all. Some people have goals to be the best PvPer, some want to complete NiM content, some want to acquire BiS gear, etc - but none of them should expect to be rewarded better than the other if all of those players are putting the same amount of time in.

You have a wrong opinion.

Lol - great start to a response - "your opinion is wrong!" which I'm sure will lead to you telling me why yours is right :rolleyes:

For example. My sister plays as Mara. Uprisings and Flashpoints was difficult for her at first time, because she did not have the proper gear. We spent several months to change it from 228 to 236 and we are planning to start veteran and master now. But this requires a better equipment and the moment is pushed back with every unsuccessful opening of the crate. Step by step we going forward and we have definite game goal. It is very unpleasant after that, to hear then people say, that someone does not need something.

Funny thing here is I've actually been stating if you CANNOT do content without better gear then yes you DO NEED better gear. However the post of yours I quoted did not go into your sister not being able to do content without better gear, the implication was purely that people need gear because there is better gear there i.e. they want better gear.

Want != need all the time, be sure of what you're saying and justifying.

We play for fun, but we want to be more effective and better in the group. Is it bad? Or… we must to go through the face control of the raiders, who will approve our better gear? It's just ridiculous. It's a game. Let people do the best if they make deep efforts. Do not "count money in someone else's pocket".

And if it's for WANT then well you have RNG crates for that, no biggie. Count your money whilst running that CXP nonsense. At least your sister has a chance for BiS gear I guess, prior to 5.0 this wouldn't even be a discussion as she would have no hope of BiS gear by the sounds of it.

Lol - great start to a response - "your opinion is wrong!" which I'm sure will lead to you telling me why yours is right :rolleyes:

Funny thing here is I've actually been stating if you CANNOT do content without better gear then yes you DO NEED better gear. However the post of yours I quoted did not go into your sister not being able to do content without better gear, the implication was purely that people need gear because there is better gear there i.e. they want better gear.

Want != need all the time, be sure of what you're saying and justifying.

And if it's for WANT then well you have RNG crates for that, no biggie. Count your money whilst running that CXP nonsense. At least your sister has a chance for BiS gear I guess, prior to 5.0 this wouldn't even be a discussion as she would have no hope of BiS gear by the sounds of it.

This is the perfect answer from person, who wants to understand. However, you do not want. You want me to impose your point of view. Will not work. Before RNG crates she had 208-216 gear and I had full 220, without bonuses. And for us for all the content that we did, that was enough. Therefore, I have to repeat, do not tell me what I need. At a minimum, it is tactless.

Edited by xRohanx

This is the perfect answer from person, who wants to understand. However, you do not want. You want me to impose your point of view. Will not work. Before RNG crates she had 208-216 gear and I had full 220, without bonuses. And for us for all the content that we did, that was enough. Therefore, I have to repeat, do not tell me what I need. At a minimum, it is tactless.

Your point is completely lost now. Old gearing system non BiS was enough but now it's not? Are you implying the content got far more difficult that you now need BiS to do the same difficulty of content you did before?

Fact is it did not, you do not need BiS to do the content you could do before. You WANT BiS to make it easier perhaps or NEED it to do something more difficult.

Fact Is your sister could not get BiS before and now she can yet you want to complain further that now it's too slow?

Anyone who wasn't capable of getting BiS before should not be complaining now that it takes too long ... that's what got us this lame *** CXP system in the first place, catering to the people who never needed the gear in the first place. Took months to fix that mess so players that legitimately needing BiS to do the toughest content could eanr it without a 100+ hours grind attached.

Your point is completely lost now. Old gearing system non BiS was enough but now it's not? Are you implying the content got far more difficult that you now need BiS to do the same difficulty of content you did before?

Fact is it did not, you do not need BiS to do the content you could do before. You WANT BiS to make it easier perhaps or NEED it to do something more difficult.

Fact Is your sister could not get BiS before and now she can yet you want to complain further that now it's too slow?

Anyone who wasn't capable of getting BiS before should not be complaining now that it takes too long ... that's what got us this lame *** CXP system in the first place, catering to the people who never needed the gear in the first place. Took months to fix that mess so players that legitimately needing BiS to do the toughest content could eanr it without a 100+ hours grind attached.

Please try to complete veteran or master mode Trial and Erorr in 208 gear (or just story) and after that we'll talk about the differences of new content and players needs. Are you just worried that BiS is not a privilege now? :p

Sorry for straightness. But you are cocky, if you think that you really know, what other players need, better than they. Honestly, it's none of your business, why did someone need (or want, huh) BiS. You can call these people whiners, and talk about "I want" and "I need" for your own pleasure, but please do not tell others about their gaming goals. These philosophical debates will not solve the problem of the same gear pieces etc.

Edited by xRohanx

If you're using gear without set bonuses you're doing it wrong, period.

For someone like you who didn't have set bonus gear before galactic command might actuallly be an improvement, as non set bonus gear even at similar ratings is a significant DPS(or hps) loss.

If you're using gear without set bonuses you're doing it wrong, period.

For someone like you who didn't have set bonus gear before galactic command might actuallly be an improvement, as non set bonus gear even at similar ratings is a significant DPS(or hps) loss.

I know, at the moment I have set bonuses. But it's not about that. I'm talking about new requirements in the game, new gearing. I do not understand why this should be a privilege. That's all. ;)

I know, at the moment I have set bonuses. But it's not about that. I'm talking about new requirements in the game, new gearing. I do not understand why this should be a privilege. That's all. ;)

It's exciting, thrill of the hunt!

It's exciting, thrill of the hunt!

Aha. Many same crap relics, same parts of gear, strange looking armor, pets and mounts (which you will not sell, because GTN is full of this items), other stuff… It’s very exciting. Especially for people, who spent months trying to collect a set, not even BiS.

I played for a few years in ME3 multiplayer. There such a system is acceptable, because most classes are not dependent on gearing, if you do not play Platinum challenges. In SWTOR, especially after nerf, some classes are very dependent on the gearing. I'm not saying about giving everything at once. But I want the system to be more friendly. For example, the same parts can be converted into unassembled components. Or useless Light/Dark Side Tokens, which purposelessly accumulate, even if you have purchased all pets, mounts and poorly designed armor.

Edited by xRohanx

Thanks for the post...just goes to show how my arsenal merc can now be added to the list of classes no longer viable for NIM operations. I can't sustain 9k dps for the 17 minutes to do styrak or 9k for 13 minutes in Terror fight of TFB while jumping platforms etc ...best I have seen is about 9200 on a 2.5 mil parse dummy (approximately 4 min). Operations are not fights against dummies and target switching is not always instant and devoid of mechanics.

I feel your pain. I reject the FOTM classes. I'm not going to switch to sniper or whatever just to complete content. What I want Keith to answer, which is why I will keep writing this again and again, is why can't I complete content on any class with the recommended gear rating? Long before we talk about the difficulties of getting 248 gear(which is hard), why are so many classes simply not viable for content at recommended gear ratings?

They want to put ultra-awesome gear into game... Fine. If I can get it or or not I really don't care as long as I can realistically clear content in recommended gear. However, with the nerfs that have happened somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of classes(haven't run the numbers on all of them which is why the guess) simply are not viable for said content in even 248 gear, never mind the recommended ratings.

Please try to complete veteran or master mode Trial and Erorr in 208 gear (or just story) and after that we'll talk about the differences of new content and players needs. Are you just worried that BiS is not a privilege now? :p

Sorry for straightness. But you are cocky, if you think that you really know, what other players need, better than they. Honestly, it's none of your business, why did someone need (or want, huh) BiS. You can call these people whiners, and talk about "I want" and "I need" for your own pleasure, but please do not tell others about their gaming goals. These philosophical debates will not solve the problem of the same gear pieces etc.

Seriously what is your point? Are you lacking comprehension or something?

I said if someone truly NEEDS gear as in they cannot do the content without that gear then yes that is need. If they simply WANT the gear to make something easier/faster etc. or they just WANT the gear because it's there then they don't NEED the gear they WANT the gear.

It's simple.

Seriously what is your point? Are you lacking comprehension or something?

I said if someone truly NEEDS gear as in they cannot do the content without that gear then yes that is need. If they simply WANT the gear to make something easier/faster etc. or they just WANT the gear because it's there then they don't NEED the gear they WANT the gear.

It's simple.

Want or need, it doesn't matter.

Edited by olagatonjedi

I said if someone truly NEEDS gear as in they cannot do the content without that gear then yes that is need.

How do you determine when they really need it, and when not? Seriously, I want to know, where your special device, that measures what everyone need in this game. :D

If they simply WANT the gear to make something easier/faster etc. or they just WANT the gear because it's there then they don't NEED the gear they WANT the gear.

Jesus! If someone just wants something, is this bad? You talk about it, like they want to eat your children. :eek:

Edited by xRohanx

Granted I'm only level 80 in the Command experience but last use full schematic for barrel, armor, mod, and etc. slots was at level 20 what happened to the more frequent drops. I still cant make most 230 relics because those you get from crates or the very random drop. I really dislike this Com Crate you have going has taken me 7 months to get a set of 230 gear and my tanks are still using 228 because i cant make the tank 230 stuff let alone the higher level. Please bring back the crystals!! I've stopped looking for groups because I get kicked because I don't meet requirements, and to meet the requirements I need groups but I cant get into groups because I don't have the gear. I just do not have the time to level every class to get gear for that class. This will be the last post of this type from me I'll spend my money else were instead of this lets make the crates better for higher level but forget the lower level gear people. Ever heard if its not broken don't fix it.

By this time before the crates I was able to get 90% of my characters in mid tier gear. There all in Tier 1 still.

I am still slogging my way through early tier 3 (GCL ~220) and I noticed that the mix of "trash" seems higher post-5.3 and post-5.3a compared to what I was getting earlier in tier 3. I got two 242 legendary set pieces and a 242 implant between GCL181-200 and have only gotten one purple set piece between GCL 201-~220. The rest has been filler I've disintegrated.

I would like BioWare Austin to review command crate logs for disintegrations and take steps to remove those items from the RNG tables.

The drop rates are shocking in t4.Opened 40 crates before the downtime and not 1 drop of 248.

Spent hours grinding and those hours wasted,toons no further forward than before.

I don't care what they say,before 5.3 on my main the drop rates where much better,,they stealth nerfed it same as the nerf to refined isotopes that we now have to roll for.Funny how there was no mention of that in the patch notes either.....

The drop rates are shocking in t4.Opened 40 crates before the downtime and not 1 drop of 248.

Spent hours grinding and those hours wasted,toons no further forward than before.

I don't care what they say,before 5.3 on my main the drop rates where much better,,they stealth nerfed it same as the nerf to refined isotopes that we now have to roll for.Funny how there was no mention of that in the patch notes either.....

I don't think they nerfed it, just that RNGsus is being unkind. I, too, have gone through dozens of crates, lamenting the trash 244s and repeat 246s in each one. Then the other day, I got a 248 belt and helm, back to back. The RNG is real.

As a crafter, though, the isotope thing really is pretty annoying :rak_04:

Granted I'm only level 80 in the Command experience but last use full schematic for barrel, armor, mod, and etc. slots was at level 20 what happened to the more frequent drops. I still cant make most 230 relics because those you get from crates or the very random drop. I really dislike this Com Crate you have going has taken me 7 months to get a set of 230 gear and my tanks are still using 228 because i cant make the tank 230 stuff let alone the higher level. Please bring back the crystals!! I've stopped looking for groups because I get kicked because I don't meet requirements, and to meet the requirements I need groups but I cant get into groups because I don't have the gear. I just do not have the time to level every class to get gear for that class. This will be the last post of this type from me I'll spend my money else were instead of this lets make the crates better for higher level but forget the lower level gear people. Ever heard if its not broken don't fix it.

By this time before the crates I was able to get 90% of my characters in mid tier gear. There all in Tier 1 still.

Did you stop doing the same things you were doing before and start relying on the GC/CXP system for gearing? If so, that's your problem, not the system itself. It's a supplemental gearing system, not the main way to gear up.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric

I was able to level my Marauder into Tier 4. Of the Tier 3 Gear, which should be 91 to 180. I did NOT get a Helm, nor a Main Hand, Nor an Offhand. Mind you, this doesn't just mean 242, but I didn't get 240s either.

I know it is based on RNG, but out of 90 levels, I think the character should have at least a full set of 242 on every piece.

I really thing RNG should be reviewed. How many levels is sufficient for a player to get a FULL set? 90? 100? 120?

I have at least opened 80 boxes at rank 300 and have only received two 248 pieces. I think its time to implement a factor that duplicate items just do NOT happen until the player has a FULL set on their character. In addition, there needs to be an guaranteed piece that drops every few levels.

For each tier, if you divide the pieces 14, by # of levels 90, then a piece of gear will drop every 6-7 levels. Let a piece drop at 1, 7, 14, etc etc up to level 90. Do the same system for tier 2, same for tier 3. At tier 4 you can make it wider, say every 15, but it REALLY needs to be a guarantee at a specific time.

Edited by VirtualAdepts

If you take the time (not long with a boost) to get one toon to 300, run ops and pvp then gearing to full 248's is easy. If you rely solely on RNG then gearing will and should take longer. Why, because you're avoiding more difficult group content. Which is fine but comes with a cost.

I was able to level my Marauder into Tier 4. Of the Tier 3 Gear, which should be 91 to 180. I did NOT get a Helm, nor a Main Hand, Nor an Offhand. Mind you, this doesn't just mean 242, but I didn't get 240s either.

I know it is based on RNG, but out of 90 levels, I think the character should have at least a full set of 242 on every piece.

Simply put, that's not how it's intended to work. It's supplemental, meaning that if you want a full set of something in a reasonable amount of time, GC/CXP alone is not the way to do it.

Simply put, that's not how it's intended to work. It's supplemental, meaning that if you want a full set of something in a reasonable amount of time, GC/CXP alone is not the way to do it.

GC/CXP is meant to be the PRIMARY way of gearing, not supplemental.

GC/CXP is meant to be the PRIMARY way of gearing, not supplemental.

It was originally meant to be the primary method, with 5.0. But contrary to the protestations of "devs never listen to players" they listened to player feedback, reintroduced gear drops to Ops and gear currency to PVP, and have thus relegated CXP to a supplemental role.

Eric explicitly said as much in his post:

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.