Players "Wall of Crazy" ideas

Icykill_

Enable a pvp mode where non-fighting role can be played. For example, non-fighting players can man some station (cannon station etc) or drive vehicles. Not all players can fight optimally due to lag and gear issue and what not but enable them to still contribute in non-fighting role. (Closest role atm is to guard node in wz, you don't have to fight till enemy come to take node. But still you will end up fighting.)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really awesome idea.... They should call it "Suggestion Box."

(Being silly, no offense intended.)

Seriously, there is a very strong business case to port this game and content to DX12 Hero or Frostbite. Initially just port it as is and keep all the content and missions, then listen to players and add more following Comic Book Cannon for story and content.

If EA/BW combines all the potential multi-platform subscribers from PC64 + XBONE + PS4 + MAC + AOS in a MMORPG Online SWTOR could have 4 to 6 million subscribers and up. A population surge would explode on MAC PS4 XBONE because SWTOR was never available on those consoles or formats.

Edited by IntegrationArch

• Dev Post
The theme of this thread is for people to post ideas they think might improve the game. Keith has mentioned that they have a board where they list all their ideas and it's call the "Wall of Crazy".

I think it's fitting that we also have our own "Wall of Crazy" so that we can have a central thread that we can all look at and the Bio team can too. Often there are some great ideas, but they get lost in the ether. If you have a positive idea to improve the game or come across a gem that's not already listed here, please post it so we can all see it and have a record of it.

I would like to set out some lose guidelines and "hope" people will follow them so this can be a positive thing for the whole community.

Can we please have no personal attacks on people's ideas and try not to argue. In the spirit of community building and positivity, it you disagree with something you don't always need to comment.

Remember this is an ideas thread and no positive idea is too crazy or even funny.

Please keep posts as short as possible so it's easier to collect them all and put them on our "Wall".

I'm going to reserve the first couple of spots for listing and consolidating ideas. (Mod guys, please don't delete them 😊 )

Great idea! Posting here just to get some extra visibility for you, Icy!

-eric

Great idea! Posting here just to get some extra visibility for you, Icy!

-eric

Eric replied to Icy's post right after my wall of crazy idea like this:

\\

"Seriously, there is a very strong business case to port this game and content to DX12 Hero or Frostbite. Initially just port it as is and keep all the content and missions, then listen to players and add more following Comic Book Cannon for story and content.

If EA/BW combines all the potential multi-platform subscribers from PC64 + XBONE + PS4 + MAC + AOS in a MMORPG Online SWTOR could have 4 to 6 million subscribers and up. A population surge would explode on MAC PS4 XBONE because SWTOR was never available on those consoles or formats."

//

Does that mean Eric's cooking on this idea already? Hmmmm? [scratches head, reflects and ponders the fate of SWTOR past 2018....]

My crazy ideas:

Crafting- Make it where you can add colors to the outfits you make instead of them all being in one color. Yea, yea I know they sell dyes but this is another idea.

Also make it where the crafters make specific decorations such as pillows, etc. depending on the crafter.

Strongholds:

Make it more free rein decorating, take the hooks out. Yea you get some strange decorating, but then again some of the strongholds I have visited are not that great either so what's the difference. The one thing I miss from SWG is being able to actually put decorations where I actually want them. I once designed a fish tank (before the fish tanks were released). We have some talented people here and it is a shame that they can't really let their creative decorating ideas flow as we are restricted to the hooks.

Be able to give a gold key to someone and allow them to decorate as well. I know the reason not to but there those of us that actually play with people we trust and would like the freedom to help decorate a personal stronghold for a boyfriend, mate, friend.

Environment:

Make it where you have night/day on the planets. Yes each planet is different but they did it so well on SWG I don't see what TOR can't do that including snow or rain.

I would also like to add this, since you can marry a companion, why not add the ability to marry a regular player in game. We were able to do this in SWG so that would be nice for those of us that don't really get into the companion romance but would like to do it with someone we play with. (boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, friend) It would add another dimension to the game for some of us.

Edit: One other thing, make it where you have to give permission for a person to put you on their friends list. You be surprised at how many times someone sends me a message saying you are on my friend's list and I said Huh, do I know you and they say nope I just saw you doing something. Please make it where we have to approve it.

Edited by casirabit

Since characters can marry companions let us put them in our family trees. I realize there would be massive overlap, but no one but the player sees their family tree. I have a multi-generational legacy and I'd like to ne able to reflect bother of a character's parents.

Not a new idea, but toggle hood mode. There are a lot of pieces of armor I'd use if they didn't have a hood.

A solo mode for ops that are part of a quest chain. REduce the gear drops or whatever to make it "fair" but I would like to be able to complete some things without dragging an ops team down due to my disability.

Make vanilla companion dialogue repeatable, or give occasionally give us some new dialogues. Ideally we'd get whole new quest chains with them, but I'd settle for getting to chat with my LI on occasion.

Make a Doc customization without a mustache that doesn't have a ridiculous hairstyle. Actually, more companion customizations in general.

Two words - Thranta Mount.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Eric replied to Icy's post right after my wall of crazy idea like this:

\\

"Seriously, there is a very strong business case to port this game and content to DX12 Hero or Frostbite. Initially just port it as is and keep all the content and missions, then listen to players and add more following Comic Book Cannon for story and content.

If EA/BW combines all the potential multi-platform subscribers from PC64 + XBONE + PS4 + MAC + AOS in a MMORPG Online SWTOR could have 4 to 6 million subscribers and up. A population surge would explode on MAC PS4 XBONE because SWTOR was never available on those consoles or formats."

//

Does that mean Eric's cooking on this idea already? Hmmmm? [scratches head, reflects and ponders the fate of SWTOR past 2018....]

I don't think *I* would want to call it a "very strong" case. It's a case, for sure, but it rests on unguessable numbers, ones that cannot even be reliably surveyed, such as the number of non-Windows platform users who would join. (Also: PC64 presumably means Windows running in 64-bit mode on a 64-bit compatible machine. I'm in that category myself, and I'm far from alone there among the *existing* SWTOR player base. To get SWTOR sold to such people, there's no need for a 64-bit rewrite.)

And which Comic Book Canon are you intending to follow? (Hint: until Disney blesses some of it, there isn't any.) I would have thought that much of it is grotesquely anachronistic, being set thousands of years in SWTOR's future and all that.

Lots of ideas already posted in the forums from a lot of people.

Here is my standard "Maybe we should... get this":

1. Rare in game Mounts / Pets Unlocked account wide. Some of these are hard for most to obtain today.
  2. CXP is Legacy Wide. You level it once. Progress made on any character - only ONE gets crate when leveled
  3. CXP rewards TOKEN for gear instead of legend gear. (We pick the relic or ear or implant or set bonus version)
  4. Subscription Token for in Game Credits - external cash infusion + sub count increase. (See WOW model)
  5. Legacy Unlock for Creds/Coin for GSF ships on respective factions.
  6. PVP/Operations Terminal Deco to get missions.
  7. Export inventory option (Legacy Bank, Cargo Bay).
  8. Outfit Designer improvement - all Dropped Gear added account wide if "Bound" to use. Allow us to delete the bays full of old gear we can't get anymore.
  9. Legacy Wide IGNORE feature. (So we ignore someone + ALTS and it's across ALL our characters)
  10. Cartel Market unlocks of items purchased with Certificates (Like Mask of Nih, Party Bomb, etc.)
  11. Unlocks (Creds/Coins) for GSF colors / designs - Account wide (not just purchase on each toon)
  12. Balance Match Making in GSF and PVP. No 3 healers one team and 1 healer other if both IMP. Match making based on MATH (Valor x 4 = ## / 4) or (GSF Mastered)... basically FIX lopsided slaughter. A premade team of four with others of "okay Gear/Ship" shouldn't go against a group of all newly / mixed okay.
  13. Balance idea for PVP - BUFF the underdog. If team A has collectively Valor 90 average and team B has 40 average then BUFF the crap out of them to bring them to near equal play (Just not OP). Bolster Buff
  14. Balance idea for GSF - BUFF the underdog. More tied to Ship mastery invested REQ points. Do the math - give BUFF based on the underdog. Again not to match the other team, but at least some what close. Add match long Shield/Damage type BUFF (not as crazy as those, but same mechanic)
  15. Balance GSF - Unable to field more than XX types of ships at once. If you have 8 players - then you can only have a MAX of 3 of any specific ship in play at once. Fixes the stacking three bombers on B point issue. Fixes the everyone is GUN ship in certain death matches, etc. If dead you swap to what is open or keep what you had.
  16. GSF - QOL improvement. Ability to SWAP your ship without dying. Maybe FLY back and respawn or have a "RETURN to Ship" button to pick another ship.

• Improve Companion commands: Add the following commands:
    • Companion follows the player, but uses abilities
    • Companion stays at their current location, but uses abilities
    • Companion stays at their current location, and does not use abilities

[*]Companions automatically leave enemy AoEs (some trash mobs move out of player AoEs; why shouldn't have our companions also have that AI?)

[*]Companion stun lengths are the same (currently Force-users' are 4 seconds, but tech-users' are 5)

[*]Standardise companion executes (that is, all melee have an instant activation, and ranged have a cast. Currently there are exceptions to this rule)

[*]Give back companion unique abilities (Wild Energy, Lightning Punch, etc.)

[*]Hood toggle

[*]Repeatable rewardless quests for companions whose stories have been completed (think conversations in camp in DAO)

[*]Companions of characters who have played through Fallen Empire return to their respective locations on the character's starship

[*]Ability to add comments to character entries in a character's Ignore list

[*]When Character A adds Character B to their friend or ignore list, all characters in Character A's Legacy have their respective friend and legacy lists updated

[*]Allow dyes to unlock in Collections

[*]Craftable Tunings

[*]Explanations of stats in GSF

[*]In addition to the GSF tutorial level, add a target practice level, and a sandbox level in which all ships, components and crew are fully unlocked, so we know what build we want to go for before we invest several dozen thousand Requisition in it.

[*]Origin World strongholds (and please make them symmetrical)

[*]Alts as Stronghold decorations

[*]GSF cosmetic items unlockable in Collections

[*]Valor-class Republic cruiser pet (Harrower but no Valor?)

[*]Utilies presets, just like Outfit presets in Outfit designer (so I can switch between PvE and PvP utilities quickly, for example)

[*]Pretty much all the ideas dscount posted above mine (especially the WZs issue - discrepancy of no more than 1 in each of the following:

• Total number of players
    • Number of tanks
    • Number of DDs
    • Number of healers)

[*]casirabit's Stronghold decoration freedom idea

[*]GalacticKegger's pre-NGE gameplay idea (to balance it out, lv70 players on Tat who pick this should be in their own dedicated instances, and have lv30 rewards to balance out defeating lv30 enemies as a lv70). Moreover, buff flashpoint and operation decoration drop rates to pre-4.0 levels (that is, for FPs, guaranteed at least 1 drop per run).

[*]Have the playable races share as many appearance options as possible (Humans get largest choice of hairstyles and facial hair - why not other species?).

[*]Wearing a hat or hood does not make the player bald (See Captain Orzik, Vaylin, and other NPCs for how to handle this)

[*](Warning: advanced craziness) Have the Appearance Designer also be available for companions

[*]Nightblazer's GTN suggestions

[*]Sort items in cargo hold/inventory by name

[*]Return the legacy (that is, pre-4.0) trainer crafting schematics

[*]MadDutchman's armour idea

[*]Increase the hitbox size of defense turrets, drones, mines etc. in GSF

[*]Significantly decrease hitbox size of NPCs (it's annoying not being able to click a heal console when tanking a Vet FP)

[*]Add a third PvP levelling bracket, such that the new brackets would be 10-29, 30-49, and 50-69.

If I can think of anything else I'll add it to this list.

Edited by XhrisShan
Additional info

I don't think *I* would want to call it a "very strong" case. It's a case, for sure, but it rests on unguessable numbers, ones that cannot even be reliably surveyed, such as the number of non-Windows platform users who would join. (Also: PC64 presumably means Windows running in 64-bit mode on a 64-bit compatible machine. I'm in that category myself, and I'm far from alone there among the *existing* SWTOR player base. To get SWTOR sold to such people, there's no need for a 64-bit rewrite.)

And which Comic Book Canon are you intending to follow? (Hint: until Disney blesses some of it, there isn't any.) I would have thought that much of it is grotesquely anachronistic, being set thousands of years in SWTOR's future and all that.

XP 32bit systems (circa 2001) are less than 1% and shrinking and irrelevant now. All MAC, XBONE, WIN10PC, PS5 are all 64BIT. With all the new SW8,9,10 Movies and spinnoff's, for certain all those new SWTOR platforms are starving for quality 4K gaming with 80fps frame rates. The game would support HDR motion tracking headgear.

POPULATIONS: Does anyone recall SWTOR was originally the fastest growing MMO with 1 million subs in 90 days?

EA'S Mass Effect and Battlefront II already perfected 64Bit DX12 MMO Gaming on multiple platforms and now using Dolby Vision (which is amazing) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebjulJ5mbc

Regarding comic book cannon, remember SWTOR is 3000 years before Lucas Cannon or Disney Film Cannon. There is not a single cannon however the STORY from the Comic books would be the most authentic and compelling game story source for SWTOR to keep it out of the deep weeds. Over time more and more E.U. cannon and Legends cannon is being folded in.

I still want a customization of T7 which makes him look like one of those cone-headed imperial side astromech droids. Would fit into KOTFE as well, then.

Plus, i want *colourful* variants of the dome-headed astromech (republic side), especially as T7 customizations as well (just look at how many astromech colours are there out from the movies !)

Plus, I still want that *white* Czerka customiuzation for C2, that protocol droid, and perhaps even for the HKs.

And a customization making C2 look like that common silver republic side protocol droid.

Wall of crazy : The possibility to make gonk droids walk along paths within the stronghold, maybe point-to-pooint, err hook-to-hook.

Plus, I want hooks on something that vaguely looks like streets or paths (movie : C-3PO & R2-D2 on theiir way to Jabba's Palace) in strongholds so I can put those Rishi streetlamps along these strets. Plus personnel on it, so that it looks like a stronghold in which really things go on.

Any of the following.

1. Much more to do on Manaan.

2. Class-specific stories.

2a. a "Tech class" version of KotFE that actually makes sense.

2b. When Kaliyo threatens the Outlander in Chapter X, give us the option to shoot her and do something else.

2c. When Lana suggests consulting Valkorion in Chapter XII, give us the option to say "I wouldn't believe anything he said anyway" and go on the proper mission with Havoc Squad.

3. A solo alternative to doing Dread Fortress & Dread Palace to finish Oricon (much like the final Revan fight in SoR)

4. KotFE & KotET was all a horrible nightmare. Instead we have a new round of class-specific stories to do where we never lost our companions.

5. Bring back Kira and Vector and make it awesome.

6. A fun wide planetary quest arc (faction-based) and daily zone on Kashyyyk... I'd say add some open world pvp to it but I don't think that exactly worked on Iokath.

Here's a couple ideas... Increase the amount of components we can hold and make then legacy bound. It can't be that hard since you did it with tokens.

GTN- give us an option to right click the sellers name and report them for being gold farmers. when you see someone with multiple stacks of 1k, you can tell that they glitch on a Zakuul to get the materials.

The game DESPERATELY needs some sort of moderator in game.

MERGE SERVERS.

Guild ships- When a GM places a decoration, that deco should unlock on that toon so if the guild dies out like most of them do, that GM can join another guild and contribute by placing those unlocked decos on another guild ship.

Fix the tethering on toons. I can't tell you how many times I try to force speed away from someone only to be in the same spot.

Fix the powertech leap! it hardly ever works. Even on level playing surface.

I had made a post in the suggestions section a while back to help players get more into Conquest here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=872342. It's a lot easier and shorter for me to post the link rather than copy+paste the post.

I had hoped it would get more attention. It's basically suggesting missions that are like Flashpoints, uprisings, Ops, and such that are specific to Conquest. They would be designed with conquest specifically in mind, both story/event and objectives. It's quite simple really. You see it.... oh just go read it.

Customization of powers...ie animations, colors, styles (different if you have your saber out or not, I mean why does my inquisitor have his saber out half the time??), things like that. We can tune weapons, how about a slot for powers?

Oh and if we can fix the bugs where when you hit something with your weapon it takes pulling it out and putting it back before it reappears...those kinds of little things break immersion BADLY.

Edited by Narasil

Take a moment and fix some of the long standing bugs. e.g. Hoth map, gift preferences for romanced companions.

Cross faction guilds, or at way to link guilds into a single chat channel.

Don't forget the preview bug

A mission that starts in space with some decent PvE space combat (at the very least GSF (fighter or scout only) better fully Jump to Light Speed) and then at some point an Imperial looking Officer on the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer says 'Prepare for ground assault' where you move into a large scale PvE ground offensive possibly even with the option to have more than one companion and a pop up ability options to call in support from other companions.