Server Merge Discussion Thread

EricMusco

Legacy ignore is the #1 thing they could do if they wanted to stop a lot of the harassment.

I think it should go even further: account ignore. I'd envision like three choices in the ignore option we have ingame, the ability to click "Ignore Player", "Ignore Legacy" and "Ignore Account" then everyone can apply the ignore that is proportionate and necessary for the specific situation. I am not sure whether Account Ignore would be possible, but it would be a very suitable solution to the problem of harassment.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should go even further: account ignore. I'd envision like three choices in the ignore option we have ingame, the ability to click "Ignore Player", "Ignore Legacy" and "Ignore Account" then everyone can apply the ignore that is proportionate and necessary for the specific situation. I am not sure whether Account Ignore would be possible, but it would be a very suitable solution to the problem of harassment.

Wouldn't be ignoring Legacy and Account be the same? Honestly asking bc I didn't know there waa a difference.

In a perfect world an 'ignore account/legacy' would mean that entirely, too...no emotes in the chat box. No seeing them running around you in circles. Etc.

Stupid question: I paid for full legacy bay unlocks on Progenitor and TRE. Will I get to keep all my bays? Or will I end up with the nornal server limit of bays that we have now? What will happen to items in those bays that are lost? Do I get a refund for lost bays? Or their contents?

Can anyone tell me if there was any kind of answer to what is going to happen with RP servers? Is there going to be any kind of accommodation? Can't face going through 300+ pages to see if there was any response!

Absorbed into the greater being of the new servers.

No RP servers anymore or at least no more predominately RP servers I should say.

Absorbed into the greater being of the new servers.

No RP servers anymore or at least no more predominately RP servers I should say.

Thanks orangenee. Thought that would be the case but hoped i was wrong. Think this is nail in the coffin for me personally - still love aspects of this game, but I play on RP servers for a reason. Without that option don't think there is enough to keep me in game.

Ah well, great few years playing - all good thing come to end etc :)

Please reconsider the specific merges. The RPers on Begeren Colony would much, much, much rather merge with the other RP servers than join up with Harbinger and Bastion. The reason for merging makes sense, but the type of player is much more important in this case than simply where the players are generally located.

Please reconsider the specific merges. The RPers on Begeren Colony would much, much, much rather merge with the other RP servers than join up with Harbinger and Bastion. The reason for merging makes sense, but the type of player is much more important in this case than simply where the players are generally located.

This.

Thanks orangenee. Thought that would be the case but hoped i was wrong. Think this is nail in the coffin for me personally - still love aspects of this game, but I play on RP servers for a reason. Without that option don't think there is enough to keep me in game.

Ah well, great few years playing - all good thing come to end etc :)

You won't even try it and see? You're not even willing to see if the added population drowns out the trolls? Or if just turning off general chat makes it better? Or do you just assume without the RP designation you're going to be harassed upon log in?

You won't even try it and see? You're not even willing to see if the added population drowns out the trolls? Or if just turning off general chat makes it better? Or do you just assume without the RP designation you're going to be harassed upon log in?

Trust me, i know that most RPlayers will try things out.. Me included.. However, seeing from experience what happens when you merge PvP/PvE with RP populations (see GW2 for example), i'm not optimistic..

Even though i have faith in the SWTOR community as a whole, i'm quite happy with my server as it is.. And i believe the "other side of the coin" is also happy with their server as it is, RP-free.. So, both parties will be displeased with such a merge..

The PvEer seeks more people to do the game's content with.. What if he only finds RPlayers, and vice-versa? ;)

I personally find SWTOR PvE boring.. Without the RP aspect, i would've left the game years ago.. If i can't RP in peace like i do now, then i see no reason to remain in the game, either... Oh, and... If i leave, i will give my stuff to a friend, so don't ask. :p

I agree with everything Asacledhae said - but more than that, I'm not a heavy RPer. I don't have the time to be anymore, so i dip in and out of actively RPing. But RP servers have a whole different feel to them (not just in this game) and having that is a big part of what has kept me in game.

I'm not bothered by the idea of trolls on a personal level - I tend to RP either in group/private chat or a SH anyway. It's the 'feel' of the server as a whole. Fleet cantina RP might be terrible most of the time - but i like that its there. I like that the majority of players have names that fit in the fictional world I'm playing in(though i won't pretend that even in an RP server you don't get some stinkers).

I've been teetering on the edge of unsubbing after years of playing the game for a while now - this was really just a final nudge.

Edited by Semyaza

I agree with everything Asacledhae said - but more than that, I'm not a heavy RPer. I don't have the time to be anymore, so i dip in and out of actively RPing. But RP servers have a whole different feel to them (not just in this game) and having that is a big part of what has kept me in game.

I'm not bothered by the idea of trolls on a personal level - I tend to RP either in group/private chat or a SH anyway. It's the 'feel' of the server as a whole. Fleet cantina RP might be terrible most of the time - but i like that its there. I like that the majority of players have names that fit in the fictional world I'm playing in(though i won't pretend that even in an RP server you don't get some stinkers).

I've been teetering on the edge of unsubbing after years of playing the game for a while now - this was really just a final nudge.

Well thanks for the answer, both of you. Props to you for engaging in discussion instead of throwing a tantrum.

Edited by kodrac

Well thanks for the answer, both of you. Props to you for engaging in discussion instead of throwing a tantrum.

:) Right back at you - always love being able to have an actual conversation on a game forum. And honestly, I've had a a really great few years playing this game. Great game and great community - seems kind of petty to throw a tantrum because after 6 years in I've decided to stop playing. Nothing last forever - it's now moving a direction that's not for me. There are no villains in that - just is what it is.

Nothing last forever - it's now moving a direction that's not for me. There are no villains in that - just is what it is.

Kudos to you, kodrac, and everyone else having a conversation without histrionics. Your quote says it all, I think. The server merge will be a big change. Staying with the game, or leaving, doesn't make someone a villain. SWTOR made a decision about servers. It is what it is. Players who like, or can tolerate, the change will stay. That's been true of all changes to SWTOR. Tipping points are individual.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Wow, just wow.

What Will My New Server Be?

As part of the United Forces update, your characters will be moved to one of five new servers.

The Hot Prospect: (North America)

Star Forge: (North America)

Darth Malgus (Europe – English)

The Leviathan (Europe – French)

Tulak Hord (Europe – German)

Really?! Really?! Hot Prospect?????? Okay we now know where the ERPers will go but Star Forge seems a bit lame. Personally Ebon Hawk is better but i am biased. So something better then Star Forge and definitely need something other than Hot Prospect. Ulic Qel-Droma and Vodo-Siosk Baas would be better server names countering the two darths.

Wow, just wow.

As part of the United Forces update, your characters will be moved to one of five new servers.

Really?! Really?! Hot Prospect?????? Okay we now know where the ERPers will go but Star Forge seems a bit lame. Personally Ebon Hawk is better but i am biased. So something better then Star Forge and definitely need something other than Hot Prospect. Ulic Qel-Droma and Vodo-Siosk Baas would be better server names countering the two darths.

Why do you hate the Darths? I love the Darths! Especially I adore the fact I'll be playing on the Darth Malgus server it sounds so awesome :D

Also, Hot Prospect isn't that super bad... it was the ship of Zayne Carrick if I am not mistaken, a famous Jedi from the Mandalorian Wars

Wow, just wow.

And after the stream today, Eric confirmed that the server names are locked in and there is no way of changing them now due to some technical issues.

Star Forge to me is nice due to the fact it is a reflection of Kotor.

Why do you hate the Darths? I love the Darths! Especially I adore the fact I'll be playing on the Darth Malgus server it sounds so awesome :D

Also, Hot Prospect isn't that super bad... it was the ship of Zayne Carrick if I am not mistaken, a famous Jedi from the Mandalorian Wars

Hot Prospect was a Calipsan 560 mining ship, which was used by Zayne Carrick and his crew after the Vindication.

When Marn Hierogryph sent Slyssk to buy a new ship for the group, the latter became confused as he had never bought a starship before - only "borrowed" them. The saleslady whom Slyssk met with tricked him, saying that the Hot Prospect was a "gem" of a ship, when it was actually a gem miner. As a result Slyssk choose to buy the Calipsan mining ship, which looked equally ugly both inside and outside. Gryph had Slyssk spend the rest of his life debt cleaning it up.

Later Jarael and Rohlan used the ship while traveling to Metellos 3. When Zayne finally caught up with his friends, Gryph introduced the ship to the former Jedi, to Carrick's great surprise and perplexity. The ship was later used to ferry the group to the Chancellor Fillorean, Pantolomin, Wor Tandell and, finally, the Koornacht Cluster, where it fought in a space battle against the Gladiator.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Prospect

And after the stream today, Eric confirmed that the server names are locked in and there is no way of changing them now due to some technical issues.

Star Forge to me is nice due to the fact it is a reflection of Kotor.

Even though the Hot Prospect was a freighter ship, I feel it may have only been posing as a freighter and hiding its true nature as underground singles bar where anything goes.

It still sounds like a more adult version of Tinder. I do hope ERPers keep to themselves 😳. It makes you wonder a bit about Musco 🙄 ( that’s a Joke Eric 😊 )

Edited by Totemdancer

Sorry, one more post.

Through out this thread there have been a few people who have agued vehemently against mergers because it affects people choices. If people’s choices are such a major concern to you, why aren’t you making a thread about giving people the choice of where they get merged to? I’ve noticed you are all inconspicuously quiet.

There have been a few others who have said they will leave if mergers happen. I’m genuinely interested in how many of you have now decided to do just that after the announcement. And how many of you have changed your minds and are going to give the new servers a chance?

Lastly, I’ve been speaking to my friends, guildies and my partner, who have all left the game. All my friends and partner will be resubbing again for the merge so they don’t lose their names, but also to give the game another go with the new content and the other new changes. A lot of my guild has expressed their desire to return also to see how things go.

That is 30-50 people returning to the game based on this merger announcement and road map.

Edited by Totemdancer

So I have a question:

If all the new servers are "new," does that mean that any server that I don't have a current legacy on... will be new? So hold on... Let's say I started a legacy on just 1 of the current French servers, but all characters have been deleted. Then the new server is created. 2/3 of the old servers I never stepped foot on. Will all the 20cc quests and achievements be "new?" Can I go back and earn them again? Or because I had one partial legacy on 1 of the 3 being merged I'm outta luck?

So I have a question:

If all the new servers are "new," does that mean that any server that I don't have a current legacy on... will be new? So hold on... Let's say I started a legacy on just 1 of the current French servers, but all characters have been deleted. Then the new server is created. 2/3 of the old servers I never stepped foot on. Will all the 20cc quests and achievements be "new?" Can I go back and earn them again? Or because I had one partial legacy on 1 of the 3 being merged I'm outta luck?

The answer is the more advanced legacy will be the one you will get. If you start a new one now or have another below the first ones legacy lvl, it will be over written by the one with the highest legacy lvl.

Sorry, one more post.

Through out this thread there have been a few people who have agued vehemently against mergers because it affects people choices. If people’s choices are such a major concern to you, why aren’t you making a thread about giving people the choice of where they get merged to? I’ve noticed you are all inconspicuously quiet.

There have been a few others who have said they will leave if mergers happen. I’m genuinely interested in how many of you have now decided to do just that after the announcement. And how many of you have changed your minds and are going to give the new servers a chance?

Lastly, I’ve been speaking to my friends, guildies and my partner, who have all left the game. All my friends and partner will be resubbing again for the merge so they don’t lose their names, but also to give the game another go with the new content and the other new changes. A lot of my guild has expressed their desire to return also to see how things go.

That is 30-50 people returning to the game based on this merger announcement and road map.

Well as one of the people who was against server mergers conditionally, I can state that at least most of the issues related to mergers were solved (at least in theory) prior to the merger attempt. Despite what the pro-merger crowd has said about those opposed to mergers, it was never black and white. Guilds had to transfer intact, Strongholds had to transfer without being taken down and redecorated, legacy banks had to transfer intact. For the most part the concerns were addressed by Bioware.

It is disappointing that they did not resolve issues surrounding RP and potentially overpopulated instances (we'll see how it goes but I am not optimistic that there will not be a lot of ninjaing of objectives since that was starting to show up in the daily areas even before merging servers) which would have been as simple as lowering the number of players in an instance to 50 (some areas cannot even support 50 - The daily areas on CZ for example) instead of the 150 or 200 it currently is.

Hopefully they will take a very hard line on disruptive behavior, whether that be in chat or in player actions.

As far as choosing where to transfer, what choice is there really. There are only two choices (in the US). Stay where you are or move to the other coasts server. The people who were on JC, Ebon Hawk, and Shadowlands in general did not want to be part of Harbinger (as was stated many times - even the people on BC don't want to be mixed with Harbinger) so there is really no choice there. The only people with a choice would be the people on Harbinger wanting to transfer to the higher population East Coast server (and it will be higher population since it will include 3 of the 4 most populated US servers as opposed the the West Coast server which has only one.) for even faster pop times.

All in all, the group play (or MMO people if you like) got everything they wanted and it it the story players that will have to adapt. We will, be cause we have to. Not that long ago it was the pro-server merge people threatening to quit if the servers were not merged. Seems like two sides of the same coin.

As far as people in my guild, ten of our qualifying accounts have indicated that they will not be re-subbing as a result of the server merges (and we are a pretty small guild - about 100 active members so that is about 10%). So my experience is somewhat different from yours. it probably depends on what type of content your guild preferred. It is not going to be all sunshine and roses unfortunately. I'll stay because the guild is my responsibility not because I expect to be able to play the game the way I enjoyed it. Time will tell I guess.

Edited by DWho