Oh it will be righteous

kissingaiur

I hope they remove 70% hp kolto and give it to PTs. Just that.

That might be fine in regs but for the only "oh crap" ability itt could be bursted through in arenas, other classes have abilities that are better at the whole "don't attack me" thing that lets you survive multiple players trying to burst you down. Also the range nerf on PTs was terrible, would like to see them bumped up to 15 or 20 meters.

Edited by Romeugues

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the range nerf on PTs was terrible, would like to see them bumped up to 15 or 20 meters.

Yeah, that was stupid as hell. A big part of what made PTs special was that they were a "medium" ranged class. Not only that, but someone needs to tell the Devs that Blaster pistols and Blaster rifles are not melee weapons. Get off the bowl, or declare.

A shiv is a good weapon for melee as an example, a blaster rifle is not.

What's the point of having a gun, if you have to get up and in your enemies face to use it?

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

That might be fine in regs but for the only "oh crap" ability itt could be bursted through in arenas, other classes have abilities that are better at the whole "don't attack me" thing that lets you survive multiple players trying to burst you down. Also the range nerf on PTs was terrible, would like to see them bumped up to 15 or 20 meters.

Yeah, I would like some more range too, no complete revert though.

Well, 70% kolto may let the PT get an opponent first. AP Pt has 30% dr on stun. eg 100% dr on stun.

70% kolto for Pyro is 100% dr. So it is "leave me alone".

Edited by Aetideus

Yeah, that was stupid as hell. A big part of what made PTs special was that they were a "medium" ranged class. Not only that, but someone needs to tell the Devs that Blaster pistols and Blaster rifles are not melee weapons. Get off the bowl, or declare.

A shiv is a good weapon for melee as an example, a blaster rifle is not.

What's the point of having a gun, if you have to get up and in your enemies face to use it?

It's especially dumb for Vanguards, who have a rifle. A 10m rifle, apparently.

Mercs need a tweak but sorc heals and snipers are the real problem from what I've seen.

Do we have a link to Muco's full interview?

it's on joe's stream probably but if you're looking for balance info there's not much point, saying that mercs were getting nerfed was really the only thing said afaik

sniper changes are on the road map and it's pretty hard to believe that they'd be getting buffs. so some sort of nerf is almost certain it seems to me

Edited by yellow_

are you high? no they won't

I'm going to recommend you go back in the patch notes and revisit 4.7, when sorc heals *finally* took a massive dent to their force management, which significantly reduced their HPS by requiring them to consume far more often than they had previously. Corruption has never been farther ahead of the other healers than it was from 4.0 - 4.7.

mercs needed to get nerfed and it has more or less nothing to do with healer balance, spare us the salt

"massive dent" You act like sorcs got gutted then and there. So, every other heal class has always had to manage energy...and now that sorc suddenly have to it's a massive dent? Their heals are still superior and easier to manage. The class is the most mobile, 3 cc escapes. Yeah, it was better before....but its still better now.

That's like taking a machine gun with a 30 round magazine (Sorcs) and giving them a 10 round magazine while the other healers have to reload their guns like in the 1700's.

I'm sure the next update using consume will instant proc some heal.

Edited by VixenRawR

It's especially dumb for Vanguards, who have a rifle. A 10m rifle, apparently.

If we are going to RP, I could throw a stick further than 10m. Snipers can shoot over half a mile. Last time I checked, when I run away from a thermal detonator...it doesn't follow me. Though tab targeting in RL does work. It makes grocery shopping easy and finding friends in crowds.

Edited by VixenRawR

While nerfing the merc, the devs must not forget to nerf snipers' defenses and operatives' insane DPS with their annoying knife spam attacks.

Lmao I love when I read post like this. "Annoying knife spam attacks" meanwhile you can't even name the abilities. They probably used backstab, veiled strike, crippling slice, and debilitate and you probably think its all the same ability.

I love how simple minded people can be when calling for nerfs. Because the sound is annoying...the class needs nerfed. I remember reading a post years ago from a thread that went into page 40+ about this guy standing against operatives and how broken they were...his cries ended with them finally admitting that the operatives laughs made them really mad.

So annoying attacks, and annoying laughs = reason why operatives MUST be nerfed. Operatives are probably the least team friendly class in the entire game. While they can do well in 1 v 1 they do not synergize with a team very well at all. Throw a sorc in any spec and it has perfect synergy. Great range, extraction, off healing, aoe knockback and so on. Operatives have poor off healing compared to mercs and sorcs by far.

But yeah, let's nerf them because they sound annoying.

Some ideas I had. I personally do not think sniper or merc dmg in and of itself is that big of a problem, especially in a world with nerfed roaming mend lessening HPS generously (causing FOTM complex to shatter for now). I think both merc and sniper slows give them assured uptimes for their rotation strong points and that's causing the bloated damage.

General Changes to the way Slows Work:

• AOE slows all should go to 30 or 40%, along with autoapplication slows, such as tracer missile etc.

• 50%+ slows all need to be single application direct ability slows (whose resource requirement is tied up in the slowing ability)

• Net maxes the Resolve bar. Alternatively, Net resitriction to escapes lasts 3-5 seconds. Alternatively, same amount of damage split into 5 seconds, change the way it works to only remove access to movement speed increase abilities or movement speed reduction clear abilities.

General Changes to the way Cleanse Works (for healers):

• All hard stuns should be cleanesable by all healers. This rewards healers for playing properly and cleansing like they should. It also decreases HPS as the cleanse spells are a HPS loss. Lastly, it helps combat the ridiculous amount of stuns that are out there.

Following changes are meant to address issues (both good and bad) without increasing HPS in any extraordinary way (and reducing it for Sorc's)

Sorc Healer:

• Roaming Mend heals for 10% more but only jumps 3 times, cannot jump to a target more than once. Example, if roaming mend heals for 15000 4 times, one person can get 30000 health, two other get 15000, for a total of 60000. Now, 3 different people can receive 16,500 for a total of 49,500)

• Sorc force costs increase across the board, again, immediate force regained from consumption reduced, force regen from Reverse consuption increased dramatically- make uptime of Reverse Consumption pivotal to sustained healing for sorc.

Operative Healer

• Ability: All hots finish immediately and heal what they would have overtime, can crit. 45sec CD This will not be a huge HPS increase either, since reapplication will require extra GCDs.

• Cooperative Nano gives 4 sec of interrupt protection. Slight energy cost increase.

Merc Healer:

• Merc Healer, casting rapid scan reduces the cast time of the next rapid scan by 50% then by 100% (Three casts, 1st normal, 2nd is cast time reduced by 50%, 3ird is instant) Global cooldown still applies. This gives moderate interupt protection and some mobility. 20 second internal cooldown.

• Increase the healing and cooldown of kolto bomb.

Edited by Wimbleton

Operative Healer

• Ability: All hots finish immediately and heal what they would have overtime, can crit. 45sec CD This will not be a huge HPS increase either, since reapplication will require extra GCDs.

That's not a bad idea for a cooldown, you know. I like it.

The only problem is that this creates a bubble of time where an OP healer can heal for **** tons and not be interrupted.

Edited by Evolixe

it already takes three rapid scans to make healing scan instant, unless im understanding your post wrong...

What? No it doesn't. Emergency scan makes healing scan activate instantly. Using rapid scan 3 times in a row in bodyguard spec reduces the heat cost of healing scan to 0. Each rapid scan reduces it by 5 energy to a total of 15 energy which is the cost of healing scan.

Lmao I love when I read post like this. "Annoying knife spam attacks" meanwhile you can't even name the abilities. They probably used backstab, veiled strike, crippling slice, and debilitate and you probably think its all the same ability.

I love how simple minded people can be when calling for nerfs. Because the sound is annoying...the class needs nerfed. I remember reading a post years ago from a thread that went into page 40+ about this guy standing against operatives and how broken they were...his cries ended with them finally admitting that the operatives laughs made them really mad.

So annoying attacks, and annoying laughs = reason why operatives MUST be nerfed. Operatives are probably the least team friendly class in the entire game. While they can do well in 1 v 1 they do not synergize with a team very well at all. Throw a sorc in any spec and it has perfect synergy. Great range, extraction, off healing, aoe knockback and so on. Operatives have poor off healing compared to mercs and sorcs by far.

Plasma probe by any other name would still smell just as unsweet!

You pretty much sound the same about sorcs tbh

Concealment is 1 v 1, Lethality makes perfect synergies.

You pretty much sound the same about sorcs tbh

The only difference is that operatives are far from OP. What I said is true about them. What I say about sorc healers is true. Anyone who think sorc healers aren't gods either players one or has no idea how this game works. Sorc healers are the #1 class in this game. Since launch if you give an overall coverage of nerfs and buffs....sorcs have been the most favored class, constantly gaining new abilities each update without once losing anything. Even if a sorc spec lags behind, they have never once been left in the dark ages like say PT right now which are virtually useless unless played against inferior skilled players.

When it comes to utility the only other classes that come close to being as versatile and team supportive are Juggs, guard in any spec, leap and intercede work well with ball carrying and cross gap in Voidstar. Marauders, with predation. PTs with aoe hardstun, and grapple.

Yet sorc can pull allies, aoe knockback which only Juggs out of those 3 are the only ones to have the ability to knockback. Best heals and dps off heal. Ally pull, 3 cc escapes...you literally cannot take a node from a sorc, or gank them with multiple stealth. Even their utility is team friendly, aoe knockback root, bubble stun aoe.

Operatives can aoe flashbang and that sums up their team utility. Everything else is left to single target and 1 v 1 node strategies. I am not saying their dmg is bad...they just don't offer much in a team fight. Most of what they do is left to their own devices. The only hope you have when an OP shows up on your team is that they can kill the person before they kill you. A sorc shows up and they pull you to safety, or bubbles you and spams dark heal. A jugg guards you, a mara gives you predation ....oh wait an ops heal probe is to OP should delete those...game breaking.

I wouldn't have to sound so anti-sorc if people wouldn't stop defending them like the entire spec is useless. Every update sorcs have been bad. Even when they were #1 in arena...they were bad. Unkillable heals...bad. It's all a l2p issue. Honestly if mercs had been like like they were for years all the sorc fanbois would be merc fanbois and would have a bigger crowd saying mercs were fine. People also seem to forget while sorc dps might not always top the charts they always have over a mil heals just from self and off healing in the warzone. "But I have to heal to survive". There you go, an op has to roll to survive...must be tough having to use a defensive ability and not attack at the same time.

I don't even see the why so many complain about lightning sorc, they have better burst windows than madness. Madness biggest burst is force leech and instant demolish back to back. That's all they have. Lightning procs secondary dmg. So even when you have an ability show up as a 23k hit, there was an additional 7k dmg that proc'd but guess you need the leaderboards to show 40k hit.

I honestly don't have the problems people seem to have with lightning sorc.

"BUT 3 MERCS NET ME AND I DIE WHEN FOCUSED"

guess what...so does everyone else. You aren't special.

"THATS CAUSE NETS OP"

No it's cause its a 1 v 3...you should die.

"I should have anti focus."

"You have barrier"

"IT runs out then I die"

"You get bastion"

"Died"

"How long before you died?"

"Globaled"

"In barrier?"

The day operatives become gods and fotm...I will say the same thing about them. I don't favor classes, but I use the OP vs Sorc scenario just because it dates back the longest. People have always complained about ops being broken gods, that can stunlock and 2 shot you no matter what while rolling. And sorcs this defenseless little dove in light armor and zero defensive capabilities. Heals are the same as using a dcd. They keep you alive.

I mean this isn't Skyrim where you want to create a character that is just a god among mortals killing dragons and ruling the world. You are supposed to have limitations. Sorcs don't believe in jack of all trades and a master of none. They want to be a master of all trades. 3 cc escapes, heals, endless force, and high burst and mobility.

Edited by VixenRawR

Talk to madness sorcs about "endless force".... they would disagree with you strongly.

Resources such as force/rage/energy/etc. exist to limit spamming of powerful attacks, which DPS sorcs currently do not have anyway. And their healing currently sucks compared to mercs, and snipers' auto-heal utilities.

Edited by ViktorAres

Talk to madness sorcs about "endless force".... they would disagree with you strongly.

Resources such as force/rage/energy/etc. exist to limit spamming of powerful attacks, which DPS sorcs currently do not have anyway. And their healing currently sucks compared to mercs, and snipers' auto-heal utilities.

Wow.

I understand the biased hate towards mercs and snipers. Yet maybe you should at least play the class to know what they can do.

Sorcs healing sucks vs snipers auto-heal utilities. Do you mean actual utilities, but you said healing so I am assuming you mean the entire class in general. At any rate snipers have zero heal capability SHORT of choosing a utility and that is 2% heal every 3 seconds? Wow...talk about broken. If the sniper doesn't get attacked it could h2f from 1% hps every 2 1/2 mins. That's like a dcd cooldown!...well the time it takes to recharge one. The ballastic shield heal isn't that op either. A sorc could pop unnatural preservation and pretty much get the entire effect in that instant.

Mercs off heals don't hit as hard as dark heal...and the heat cost actually limits its ability to spam it as dps. Sorcs have a massive pull of force.

Also madness sorcs force isn't much of an issue unless you are in combat forever..and I mean a long time and that would have to include spamming dark heal over and over to limit your force.

Wow.

I understand the biased hate towards mercs and snipers. Yet maybe you should at least play the class to know what they can do.

Sorcs healing sucks vs snipers auto-heal utilities. Do you mean actual utilities, but you said healing so I am assuming you mean the entire class in general. At any rate snipers have zero heal capability SHORT of choosing a utility and that is 2% heal every 3 seconds? Wow...talk about broken. If the sniper doesn't get attacked it could h2f from 1% hps every 2 1/2 mins. That's like a dcd cooldown!...well the time it takes to recharge one. The ballastic shield heal isn't that op either. A sorc could pop unnatural preservation and pretty much get the entire effect in that instant.

Mercs off heals don't hit as hard as dark heal...and the heat cost actually limits its ability to spam it as dps. Sorcs have a massive pull of force.

Also madness sorcs force isn't much of an issue unless you are in combat forever..and I mean a long time and that would have to include spamming dark heal over and over to limit your force.

Madness force management is much worse than you're suggesting, if you're constantly DPSing you will need to use consuming darkness within minutes, whereas Lightning can DPS and do some off healing and never have to use consuming darkness/run out of force since Lightning's rotation is force positive, meaning it's literally impossible to run out of force DPSing.

Either both Sorc DPS specs should have to use consuming darkness for sustained damage or madness needs better force regeneration, considering that Madness is pretty far done the list(barely above lighting in ST) in DPS ranking there's no reason for it to also need to use consuming darkness or risk running out of force.

Also you neglected to mention the sniper healing utility tied to ballistic shield that adds up to about a 60% heal over the duration.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.