Oh it will be righteous

kissingaiur

Ops have excellent survival skills, the counter point to this, however, is that they are not very good at doing DPS at the same time.

In the sense that they can run and hide, yes, in that they excel, but in the current burst meta it's hard to remain in the actual fight for long, and be to actual useful.

Besides Evasion, our only defense comes from the 2 dumb probes that takes an entire GCD every other second to keep it active. Heaven forbid that you missed the window, and need to reply both again.

In total it makes operatives too underwhelming for any prolonged direct fight, especially out in the open with no LoS. As such it annoys me a bit when uninformed people (not you) clamours for nerfs, when in fact it needs to be buffed.

I would do the following:

• Make Volatile Substance an instant knife ability, but have it do the same damage. It would simply give a smoother rotation.
  • Give the 2 probes a much longer up-timer (like Kolto shells) and have them only do healing on damage taken.
  • Allow Evasion to be used while stunned.

These are very minor adjustment, but it would allow for better survivability when being focused.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes operatives rule everything as this game is 100% focused on 1 vs. 1 :rolleyes:

In regular warzones operatives are currently reduced to glorified node-guards or off-node troublemakers. And yes an operative can 1 vs. 1 anyone if given enough time or if the person is new/bad. All classes can call for backup in plenty of time.

And whatever advantage they have in regular warzones, they have none in ranked. Hit an op with net and followed by hard stun on breaker and you will often kill them them with focus fire, as they have no "go away"-skill and no DCD they can use while stunned.

I effing hate this nerf operatives meme crap. It's a bloody annoying leftover from the days of 1.0, and some people who lose a fight still get butt hurt. :mad:

^^This!

The folks calling for nerf have NEVER played an Op, but hey must lose 1v1s to them frequently I guess. I beat bads and averages like they're nothing, but I lose to similarly skilled Juggs, Maras, snipers and Mercs as often as I win.

Also, the same person keeps calling for the removal of the armor debuff like their damage is so OP. Concealment DPS is average! If they touch damage in any way for concealment, the class would be broken. I swear, they just need to look at a majority of games they play - ranked and regs. When on a competent team with heavy hitters, you won't find the concealment Op at the top most of the time. You will see Juggs, Maras, Mercs and Snipers though. *** is wrong with people? The numbers don't lie.

....and then you have evasion...your one saving grace...but wait you used that already.

And it lasts a whopping 3 seconds on a minute cooldown (a little less with utility if you're in a fight) , only blocking white damage. When you're being smashed, it's typically not white damage, but some folks are responding like Evasion is a god ability.

Arena's provide crystal clarity for combat viability. That's why mercs, operatives, maras and snipers are effective there.

In an unranked wz, you get to do a lot of free-casting and guarding. Which are not are not good indicator's of combat balance and viability.

For arenas. only group ranked matters. Outside of trinity the picture, it is so distorted and any class balance based on yolo is completely off and will ruin PvP further.

Example, ops dps is not viable for anything except guarding nodes. They may seem okay since they can survive and troll enemies at a node, or survive focus fire for a bit in yolo ranked. Team ranked or competitive WZs they are useless, cuz their survivability cost GCD.

Healing DCDs in competitive PvP are weak, cuz you already have a healer. Damage reduction and avoidance is what counts. If anything, all healing DCDs for dps classes should be nerfed to the ground, which will make yolo ranked much better. Instead you have yolo super stars like mercs, who excel in lack of healers environment, cuz they have massive heal DCDs. In competitive PvP they are good, not the mega, ultra super stars everyone paints them to be.

I could go on and on, but there yolo ranked provided no useful info regarding class balance. The only consideration it should be given for class balance is ensuring that no class can survive focus fire for prolonged periods without healing, which merc do.

Edited by Ottoattack

If anything, all healing DCDs for dps classes should be nerfed to the ground, which will make yolo ranked much better. Instead you have yolo super stars like mercs, who excel in lack of healers environment, cuz they have massive heal DCDs. In competitive PvP they are good, not the mega, ultra super stars everyone paints them to be.

the last thing i want is being useless and a freekill without a Healer babysitting me sory but HELL no.

healers allready wastly decide who wins this change would make healers the epitome of PvP if you want to win....

just no.

no.

NO!

yolo ranked would be worse not better because people would die in seconds without almost no chance of fighting back. if there is no healer that babysits you.

Yolo ranked would be worse not better because people would die in seconds without almost no chance of fighting back. if there is no healer that babysits you.

If that was true then how come Deception Assassins aren't the first target everyone attacks?

It's selfhealing capabilities are negligible yet it's easily a tougher kill than a Jugg, Sorc or Marauder.

If that was true then how come Deception Assassins aren't the first target everyone attacks?

It's selfhealing capabilities are negligible yet it's easily a tougher kill than a Jugg, Sorc or Marauder.

Stealth........... and abilities that reset the fight.

nerf or remove DPS selfheals and everyone will only play Stealth assassin type classes.

its not like Warzones arent Swarmed by assassins and ops right now..... oh wait yes they are...... if we dont count the Merc army.......lol

Edited by Zolxtren

the last thing i want is being useless and a freekill without a Healer babysitting me sory but HELL no.

healers allready wastly decide who wins this change would make healers the epitome of PvP if you want to win....

just no.

no.

NO!

yolo ranked would be worse not better because people would die in seconds without almost no chance of fighting back. if there is no healer that babysits you.

Class balance is not designed around 4 dps vs 4 dps. No class being attacked by 4 dps should survive more than 15 secs. For the most part, merc is the exception here (but not the only one).

Edited by Ottoattack

Stealth........... and abilities that reset the fight.

nerf or remove DPS selfheals and everyone will only play Stealth assassin type classes.

its not like Warzones arent Swarmed by assassins and ops right now..... oh wait yes they are...... if we dont count the Merc army.......lol

#nerfoperatives

Is that fear i smell?:jawa_evil:

Operatives is one of the announced classes to be rebalanced, and if BW goes by data, as they say they do, I highly doubt that operatives will be buffed.

#nerfoperatives

Lol! This guy... You must have got owned by an Operative once upon a time because your hate for them is substantial. It's obvious to me though that you have no idea about how they play, referring to their "annoying knife attacks". If you want to learn how to counter them you should honestly try playing one, you'll see their far from overpowered.

As for Ops being on the balance list, it's clearly going to be an adjustment to the healing spec to make it more viable for PvP.

PS: Did you already buy a level 65 token for your next FOTM character?

Fear of Being Exposed = Mercs

Dignity

Can we finally make VG FOTM. Been playin since beta and havent seen this classes damage spec Op since the days of hybrids. Cant hurt to ask right...

Edited by Fiqh

Fear of Being Exposed = Mercs

Dignity

Can we finally make VG FOTM. Been playin since beta and havent seen this classes damage spec Op since the days of hybrids. Cant hurt to ask right...

They were OP damage wise in 4.0. The got nerfed back some because of that. The AP spec it was, not Pyro. I don't know what AP is called in pubspeak.

TBH

This are Classes need to be Nerf, and hope to see it on the upcoming patch.

1. Eng Snipers.

2. Mercs

3. Operatives

No class should be allow to root, net, and slow a player, for long periods of time, without haven giving the ability to counter act or defend. Those classes are broken and they desperately need to be tone down.

Classes that definitely need a buff dps/more reliable defense cd's are

1. PT

2. Juggernauts.

Powertech need to be place at it origins. The duel class that it used to be half range/melee.

These dev's had been trying this game since '09 and still haven't manage to get their heads together. Cmon now, went it come to pvp, open cross servers, at least that's a start in the right direction.

People unironically posting that ops need nerfing - I rarely say this, but seriously, l2p.

I almost never even play mine any more, but if there is one class that is a poster child for being both hard to balance and fine exactly where it is, it's Concealment Operative. I'm sorry, but if you think they are OP, you've never played one.

Can they shred bads? Yes, yes they can. They are not in a *bad* place. But claiming they are some kind of OP class and pointing at all these stuns and spammable attacks that they don't actually have and claiming they need a nerf? Just LOL.

Yes, we get it, an op bad-touched you and capped your node. It happens. Learn to stop it.

People unironically posting that ops need nerfing - I rarely say this, but seriously, l2p.

I almost never even play mine any more, but if there is one class that is a poster child for being both hard to balance and fine exactly where it is, it's Concealment Operative. I'm sorry, but if you think they are OP, you've never played one.

Can they shred bads? Yes, yes they can. They are not in a *bad* place. But claiming they are some kind of OP class and pointing at all these stuns and spammable attacks that they don't actually have and claiming they need a nerf? Just LOL.

Yes, we get it, an op bad-touched you and capped your node. It happens. Learn to stop it.

I won't say they are OP, but they definitely lock people down with ease.

Don't know much about Urwz.. not gonna step in there with full 248. I do have visited unrwz, but don't even bother to out dps anyone. In regards to Rwz, ops have started to become an epidemic. Its ridiculous to play against them as a rpds or melee. 1v1 they're not much of a problem, but the issue at hand is that no class should posses abilities that will impede others from using theirs for long periods of time. Once you're being root it.. you cant cast or use any ability, you have to wait until the root effects wear off.. and also impedes the used of abilities that purge incapacitate and movement impairing effects. Its totally ridiculous to created classes with such a strong domain over others. Dev's need to include the resolve to come into effect went a player is being root it.

Once you're being root it.. you cant cast or use any ability, you have to wait until the root effects wear off.. and also impedes the used of abilities that purge incapacitate and movement impairing effects. Its totally ridiculous to created classes with such a strong domain over others. Dev's need to include the resolve to come into effect went a player is being root it.

I'm not sure you understand what a root is... You can still use most of your abilities and every spec has root breaks, which are usually on a low cd. If you don't know how to cycle your breaks or deal with a root then it's a you problem not a balancing issue.

I won't say they are OP, but they definitely lock people down with ease.

How does a melee class, with melee cc lock down people with ease? That is an understatement of the century. If you want to look at a class that can lock people down at ease, Snipers have the heaviest load of CC in the game...way more than an operative and can be used at 30-35m.

If you look thru all the utilities in each class and spec you will quickly learn operatives are one of the classes with the fewest amount of CC available, and limited range.

Edited by VixenRawR

Don't know much about Urwz.. not gonna step in there with full 248. I do have visited unrwz, but don't even bother to out dps anyone. In regards to Rwz, ops have started to become an epidemic. Its ridiculous to play against them as a rpds or melee. 1v1 they're not much of a problem, but the issue at hand is that no class should posses abilities that will impede others from using theirs for long periods of time. Once you're being root it.. you cant cast or use any ability, you have to wait until the root effects wear off.. and also impedes the used of abilities that purge incapacitate and movement impairing effects. Its totally ridiculous to created classes with such a strong domain over others. Dev's need to include the resolve to come into effect went a player is being root it.

It sounds like you don't have much experience pvping. Especially if you don't even know what goes on in unranked warzones. You act like you've been doing ranked since lvl 1. Being a ranked player doesn't make you good. You even slip in your gear as if to brag. Gear isn't skill, it's a handicap for bads, hence why mmos use it.

Do you know what a root is? A root is an immobilize. A power that prevents you from moving across the map. Hence root like a tree. You can cast, and use any ability while rooted besides a few, like roll on an operative or sniper. The point is, you can use dmg, you can heal, you can pop dcds. You can do everything.

I think the issue you are having...since you CLEARLY do not play operatives...at all...like not even a lvl 1. The move you are complaining about is Crippling Slice in Concealment. This prevents you from turning, not from doing dmg. It may make it harder to hit an operative, though it has enough give that you can still hit them unless they are in a perfect spot, with warzone lag, player lag, system lag, server lag...lag lag....that pretty much never happens much and even if it does.

To quote everyone who defends merc when they pop their responsive safeguards (Reflect heal). "Use AoE duuuh"

Exactly, you can use dcds, you can use root breaker, you can use a heal, or you can aoe as an operative isn't going to be standing 30m away spamming annoying knify attacks. They have to be within 4m.

You know I am honestly fine with root resolve, and you will quickly learn that it would make operatives way better. Roots are literally what can lock out an operative and quickly finish it off. That is their one weakness besides lack of dcds. They depend on roll (Conceal) to survive. With root resolve they would hardly ever be prevented from rolling.

So if you want, convince the devs to do this and see how the scales shift for operatives. Ops can root, but they aren't spamming it like you think it is. They don't even have roots, conceal is the only spec to get a root. Other roots are utility based only. They don't get some base legshot root in their class.