Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

Keith,

Any information on the stronghold in July would be nice as well.

Such as:

Price

Whether we can have 6 strongholds now or we have to give up one. (I only have 4 as I hate Tattoine)

This would be nice in order for planning especially for the price the last one was.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm truly sorry, however playing and gearing alts after 5.2 is not hard. Getting CXP is easy. heck last week (while spending hours of ingame time farming mats, not playing for GC at all during those hours), I managed to get 90+ GC ranks on 1 alt. (and this is after having 6 characters in tier 3. 3 of which are 300, 3 more that are 250+. GC doesn't stop you from playing alts whatsoever, especially with how raids are now giving out Token drops, and PvP lets you upgrade those drops to BiS.

Goes to show just how different playstyles are. It took me months to get my first character to gcr 90 and he is just now 118 even though he now gets the lion's share of my playtime. The next highest ranking alt I have is at gcr 72. I have never gotten more than a few ranks in a play-session and yet I play every day for several hours a day. On a good day I get 1 crate an hour, usually I get them much slower.

I'm truly sorry, however playing and gearing alts after 5.2 is not hard. Getting CXP is easy. heck last week (while spending hours of ingame time farming mats, not playing for GC at all during those hours), I managed to get 90+ GC ranks on 1 alt. (and this is after having 6 characters in tier 3. 3 of which are 300, 3 more that are 250+. GC doesn't stop you from playing alts whatsoever, especially with how raids are now giving out Token drops, and PvP lets you upgrade those drops to BiS.

Now try it without raiding.

It's a horrific slog.

Now try it without raiding.

It's a horrific slog.

Not hard. most of my ranks come from doing Hammer station 3 times per week on Master Mode (takes 30-60 mins for all 3) this will give you 10 ranks at rank 300 if your using a 100% superior boost (so if your lower it'll give a heck of a lot more), and a mix of PvP/GSF for the rest for unassembled components. Raiding has nothing to do with it.

The point about raiding is, it does allow you to gear up alts quickly, without having to bother doing any of the stuff to get higher ranks of GC. but getting the ranks is not hard at all.

Edited by Toraak

My changes to GC wouldn't be a higher legacy perk. I think the 25% will be fine. Mine would be, since t1 gear will be buyable with command tokens, make sure that price is reasonable. Let the casuals be able to get entry gear easy, like they could basic com gear.

Also, either lower the T1 command level bracket or pull it from the system entirely.

New levels

T1 : 1- 50

T2: 51-125

T3: 125-199

T4: 200-300 < with the improved odds of T1-T3

Maybe starting T4 with improved odds at 200 is too generous. But I'm thinking in the sense of catch up mechanics and alts.

or current level brackets no T1

T1: gone

T2: 1-90

T3: 91-180

T4: 181-300

On a different note, worried about platinum gear. I do think the Nim raiders should actually be rewarded for accomplishing what they do, and they currently aren't. But what if those Nimers take that platinum gear into pvp? (which wasn't an issue when expertise was a thing) Is bolster going to bring them down? Is everyone else going to be bolstered higher?

Thoughts on class changes: Pt dmg and mitigation up, Sorc dps up, sniper dmg and dcds down(buff marks for pve), lower a merc dcd or 2, hatred dps up, jug dps slightly up, op heals slightly up. Raise the rate of the trauma debuff to heals in pvp. Math correctly, don't overnerf or overbuff.

Edited by Krazhez

You're kidding me.... Unassembled components have driven PvPers OUT of PvP. They only work as a supplementary bonusto someone who does progression raiding, or as a path to get full 248s for someone already in 242s. Flashpoints aren't meant to be grinds for higher level players for anything other than CXP anyways, they're meant to provide medium difficulty group content (with uprisings being easy and Ops being hard).

Components drive PvPers out of PvP and players like me (who hate PvP) into PvP...that's kinda ironic

I still hate PvP...I never liked it and never did it before the introduction of components.

But I want those 2 specific 248 gear pieces and there's kinda no chance to get exactly these piecec out of a crate.

Doing nightmare operations also is not an option for me..so the only thing left to do is to pvp for these 2 pieces.

Seriously I wouldn't ask for components for pve activities if there still would be pvp- and pve-gear.

I never was interested in warzone commendations but things have changed...components are used to buy pve-gear and this is something I am very interested in though I hate having to pvp for it.

Oh and if Master Mode flashpoints are considered medium difficulty why don't they allow me to work towards a specific gear piece while doing easy peasy unranked warzones does?

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

You'll be able to buy a full set of gear for your alts, including set bonus, weapons, ear piece, relics, and implants with Command Tokens in a couple weeks. This doesn't fix everything about gearing (we'll discuss that in the coming weeks), but consider when we used to all earn crystals just to buy high endurance gear with no set bonuses.

To set expectations, this 25% Command Rank Perk is not going to be free. You don't need to buy it, but since it is Legacy wide, it'll be a one time purchase (credits or cartel coins) and I anticipate a worthwhile investment.

I do realize for those of us who play on multiple servers, we'll need to buy it and transfer a toon (which is cheaper than the cost of the perk) - it's how I personally handle keeping my Legacy current on all servers. There are a number of Perks and Achievements I'd like to see us make account wide, but we haven't fully investigated the effort, so I'll add that our growing list of ideas.

---Keith

25%, lol.

I suggest that you make it so that in addition to the 25% you get to skip tier 1 if you have 1 character already to 300, skip tiers 1 & 2 if you have 2 level 300 characters, and skip 1, 2 and 3 it you have 3 level 300 characters. Then the 25% number would make sense. Short of that I like the suggestion that someone else made when they said the boost should be more like 250% or even 500%.

Components drive PvPers out of PvP and players like me (who hate PvP) into PvP...that's kinda ironic

I still hate PvP...I never liked it and never did it before the introduction of components.

But I want those 2 specific 248 gear pieces and there's kinda no chance to get exactly these piecec out of a crate.

Doing nightmare operations also is not an option for me..so the only thing left to do is to pvp for these 2 pieces.

Seriously I wouldn't ask for components for pve activities if there still would be pvp- and pve-gear.

I never was interested in warzone commendations but things have changed...components are used to buy pve-gear and this is something I am very interested in though I hate having to pvp for it.

Oh and if Master Mode flashpoints are considered medium difficulty why don't they allow me to work towards a specific gear piece while doing easy peasy unranked warzones does?

I'm confused. How did you get the highest tier PvE pieces before 5.0, when PvP didn't buy you the same pieces.

If you never did NiM, you never had the highest tier pieces, so what's changed that you need it now. If you did NiM back then, continue doing that, and however many pieces you get, that IS the highest tier of PvE gear the game has. What benefit does a full 248-geared PVPer have over you, when all PvE content in the game is tuned for 242 or less?

And claiming warzones are "easy peasy" compared to MM FPs is laughable. Aside from the few exceptions like Lost Island, most of the FPs are old, easily memorized content, that no one except new players has any trouble on. Warzones are 1. Harder than FPs 2. Variable difficulty depending on team skill and composition and map 3. The only PvP content available for PvPers to progress gearing in.

If you have any suggestions as to what changes they should make in PvP hearing, please voice them. If the suggestion is "make PvP hearing exactly like how it was before 5.0", every single PVPer will agree with you. If it's "get rid of gear entirely for PvP" at least half will agree. If it's "make PvP gearing harder (or make flashpoint gearing easier) because the game forces me to run PvP by not dropping 248s in Flashpoints" please understand that you don't actually need to grind 248 gear at all, and no one is forcing you to do it. If you never do NiM or PvP, literally all other content in the game can be approached in 236 gear or less.

Edited by EzioMessi

I'm confused. How did you get the highest tier PvE pieces before 5.0, when PvP didn't buy you the same pieces.

If you never did NiM, you never had the highest tier pieces, so what's changed that you need it now. If you did NiM back then, continue doing that, and however many pieces you get, that IS the highest tier of PvE gear the game has. What benefit does a full 248-geared PVPer have over you, when all PvE content in the game is tuned for 242 or less?

And claiming warzones are "easy peasy" compared to MM FPs is laughable. Aside from the few exceptions like Lost Island, most of the FPs are old, easily memorized content, that no one except new players has any trouble on. Warzones are 1. Harder than FPs 2. Variable difficulty depending on team skill and composition and map 3. The only PvP content available for PvPers to progress gearing in.

If you have any suggestions as to what changes they should make in PvP hearing, please voice them. If the suggestion is "make PvP hearing exactly like how it was before 5.0", every single PVPer will agree with you. If it's "get rid of gear entirely for PvP" at least half will agree. If it's "make PvP gearing harder (or make flashpoint gearing easier) because the game forces me to run PvP by not dropping 248s in Flashpoints" please understand that you don't actually need to grind 248 gear at all, and no one is forcing you to do it. If you never do NiM or PvP, literally all other content in the game can be approached in 236 gear or less.

I'd agree with most of this, but BW already broke the must do Hardest PvE content to get BiS in 4.0 with hiighlighted HM's. And as far as WZ's being easy peesy to get components is simple. I see many people not try in PvP matches (I always try my best personally), but many have just either AFK'ed through PvP for components or kind of Half-A**'ed it, so yes they are easy for components for unranked.

However you are correct with if your not doing NiM raiding, do you really need BiS? the answer is no, but that doesn't mean that people don't want it anyway.

And as far as making PvP gearing as easy as it was in previous expansions. It should be harder then that. It took only 2 weeks to get BiS in 4.0 for PvP as well. (and I have mentioned how it was 2 easy for PvE gearing in 4.0 many times). All gearing needed to slow down. We ALL need to work for our gear. You appreciate it more when you work for something, then if it's made easy or gotten for free.

Edited by Toraak

Hi Keith,

I'm afraid the above statement is right.

We get that you guys want to keep players busy but don't have the required cash to develop the needed content. Although the mentioned fix won't be a good enough mitigation. Then remember players will always outsmart whatever you do and read between the lines.

So all in all you should truly facilitate playing alts.

I guess a quote is needed here: "There is no try."

I didn't think legacy wide was worth it, however I'm mostly playing ESO and champion points are server wide (they use mega servers) and it really does make sense, and you can spend them to make low lever characters better, too. GC in SWTOR is still totally FUBAR.

You'll be able to buy a full set of gear for your alts, including set bonus, weapons, ear piece, relics, and implants with Command Tokens in a couple weeks. This doesn't fix everything about gearing (we'll discuss that in the coming weeks), but consider when we used to all earn crystals just to buy high endurance gear with no set bonuses.

To set expectations, this 25% Command Rank Perk is not going to be free. You don't need to buy it, but since it is Legacy wide, it'll be a one time purchase (credits or cartel coins) and I anticipate a worthwhile investment.

I do realize for those of us who play on multiple servers, we'll need to buy it and transfer a toon (which is cheaper than the cost of the perk) - it's how I personally handle keeping my Legacy current on all servers. There are a number of Perks and Achievements I'd like to see us make account wide, but we haven't fully investigated the effort, so I'll add that our growing list of ideas.

---Keith

Sorry, Keith, but I have to agree with the post you quoted. If you won't get rid of GC, then any perk that makes it better should be totally free. Period. End of story. I am only raiding now (other than a little PVP with part of my raid team and I still HATE PVP.) I am losing hundreds of thousands of credits a week. I am not going to pay for a perk to maybe make things a little better for an alt when BW broke it and new ahead of time they broke it. And I am certainly not paying more real money. Ill just stop paying again and go to ESO full time. (Same goes for BW nerfing my one raid toon into the ground. I don't have an alternative anymore because GC is so totally FUBAR, so I will just stop paying and leave if my character is no longer raid viable. You already nuked my sage to the point it wasn't welcome raiding, so I have VERY little faith in BWs ability to balance anything.)

fair to say the common complaint here is CXP

everyone want to get it quicker and make it one grind for all toons

the question is why do they want this?

perhaps because they want to get this grind behind them as quickly as possible and move on?

please just bin this woeful system that the vast majority do not want

Only 25%? Come on, that's laughable. It should be at least 250% if not more (I'd go with 500%) if you really want to make it easier and more fun to catch up alternate characters.

Also, please don't make it cost millions, not everyone is a millionaire and raising costs will only derail economy further as people will charge even more ridiculous prices on the GTN and it will encourage more people to buy from gold sellers (a problem which you can't get in check anyhow - a great way to do this would be to sell credits on the Cartel Market for prices no credit seller can possibly match to drive them out of business, but I digress).

That said, as a player who doesn't have a single main but enjoys playing many different characters, I'd greatly prefer that the command rank and command XP would be legacy wide and set to highest command rank any character in the legacy has so every character could contribute to advancement of the characters in their "family". Give players a choice which character they play and which character is needed in a group and advancing all their characters instead of shoehorning them into playing just one.

I agree.

I'm working on getting my main to 300 in anticipation of this boost. 25% is very underwhelming.

I haven't played very much since this whole Galactic Command system went live. First it was way too slow, and now that it's mostly tolerable (for me), I'm playing a little more. Still not more than a few hours a couple of times a week. Just today I got to Command Rank 114. Sigh.

Anyway. I think one of the overlooked things in the Gearing the Alts-discussion is that it's not only about gearing. Not for me, at least - and I only speak for myself, but I doubt I'm a special snowflake, so maybe there are others who feel the same.

The problem is, when I play my alts, I feel guilty for not farming CXP on my main.

THIS is why Command Ranks needs to be Legacy-wide. So I can play my alts and know that even if I don't get a new crate on my main, I'm adding to the Command ranks so the next time I get a crate on the main, I might have a better chance at an upgrade.

So, please, Legacy-wide ranks, and increase the 25% boost - or make it tiered, for example Highest Legacy Rank 50 = 10% boost, Rank 75 = 15% more (25% total) , Rank 125 = 25% more (50% total) , Rank 200 = 25% more (75% total) and so on. I'm too tired to math more, but we should end up on some 150% boost, if not more. And it needs to be affordable, too. I don't envy you, Keith!

As a last idea/request/wish, could we maybe ditch the old Rep items from the crates? Replace them with decos, especially now that we have a new Stronghold incoming. Decos on GTN are stupidly expensive nowadays!

Not hard. most of my ranks come from doing Hammer station 3 times per week on Master Mode (takes 30-60 mins for all 3) this will give you 10 ranks at rank 300 if your using a 100% superior boost (so if your lower it'll give a heck of a lot more), and a mix of PvP/GSF for the rest for unassembled components. Raiding has nothing to do with it.

The point about raiding is, it does allow you to gear up alts quickly, without having to bother doing any of the stuff to get higher ranks of GC. but getting the ranks is not hard at all.

Don't think master mode is that accessible for most of the players but might be wrong.

The problem is, when I play my alts, I feel guilty for not farming CXP on my main.

You are not alone.

Edited by Deewe

I'm in full agreement...but...I'd be OK with it being a Legacy wide boost if it was a substantial boost...25% isn't substantial enough. If it were 200%, I'd be good with that...not 25%.

I can live with regrinding to 300 on multiple toons, as long as that 300 is shorter and faster (much faster) than the first 300 was...even a start at tier 2 option would be better...but starting an alt at CXP level 1 sucks...because there's literally nothing for that toon for the first 180 levels imo. Anything I would want to do already bolsters me above tier 2, which makes grinding levels 1-180 moot.

Think of T1 and T2 command crates as alliance supply crates. They're not for gear as much as they're for gifts and cosmetics.

--Keith

Will characters like Lana and Senya keep their original bodies? As these wont accept any form or armor, the simple way to do it would be to change their bodies to the default ones we have. Is this what will happen or will we able to put our clothes on their actual bodies? (I hope this makes sense) Modding Theron shouldn't be any issue as he just has the default body number 2. But Lana, Senya, Arcann, Koth etc don't have those. It would be a shame to see them made default but with their own heads in order to fit the armor on them.

Starfighter Improvements – Increased Requisition gains, Gunship and Bomber available by default, some new ship customization options

The bolded parts got me to resub. Seriously, the best part of this game is GSF, and it's finally getting some love. I don't PvP (other than GSF), I don't raid, and the Eternal Empire story bored me. So Devs, thank you thank you thank you for finally updating GSF, even in little ways.

Now, if we could just add some bug fixes and a faction-wide hangar, things would be golden!

EDIT: As a note, I'm also (along with others) hoping very strongly for a return to class stories. I don't care if they are coupled with flashpoints (though not operations, please, for those of us who don't have time to do long group content - I usually only have less than an hour at a time to play), but please give us class stories again.

Edited by TRFWesVos

The only gear you can't transfer is left-side gear, which GC gives you schematics for.

True... but my problem is my T4 crates seems to be in favor of relics, I have got all 10 248 relics (dps+tank) from the crates already and I still getting them every week, it would be great if we could have ways to transfer relics / earpieces, now they are just complete waste

If you never did NiM, you never had the highest tier pieces, so what's changed that you need it now.

No one needs 100% full bis gear! But before the introduction of components there was no carrot making me play the content I don't like. Joining an unranked warzone is super easy...it's so easy I can kinda semi-afk the whole warzone, it doesnt't matter if I'm a good or a bad player...I will get my components 100% guaranteed. All I need is some patience. And seeing how easy it is to get specific bis gear pieces by simply joining an unranked warzone I do swallow the pill even if it's bitter and I hate it.

Excuse me but that is laughable. I can almost afk a warzone and still get my components and you call that harder than hardmode flashpoints? I'm doing hardmode flashpoints with random pugs only (so no guild premade to rofl through it)

and often you get groups that just can't finish Lost Island, Battle of Rishi, Korriban Incursion (dps check droid boss) or Depths of Manaan. Depending on the group, random pugging can be an easy walk in the park or a nightmare.

At least I can't afk a hardmode flashpoint and still get rewarded and sometimes a random group isn't even able to finish it (while there is no such a risk in pvp).

I would love to see pvp-gear coming back cause that would mean there is no longer a carrot teasing me to play content I actually don't want to play. But this carrot now is there and it's super easy to get. Too easy to ignore it without feeling dumb. (I hope you get what i mean)

But since I highly doubt that pvp-gear will come back...I am asking for alternative non pvp ways to work towards a specific gear piece. And no, nightmare operations are not an alternative..they stand in absolutely no relation to the easy accessible and with 0 effort and risk playable unranked warzones.

And pls don't get me wrong, though I'm not a fan of pvp I know there are players that do put a lot of effort into warzones. But the same goes for hardmode flashpoints, especially the harder ones when doing them in random pugs without experienced and well geared guild premades.

And I never asked for bis gear drops in flashpoints. I'm simply asking for components beeing also rewarded for finishing a hardmode flashpoint. I also don't want flashpoints to be a faster way to farm components. I just asked for an alternative to that (excuse me) stupid pvp grinding for working towards a specific pve-gear piece.

There is just something totally wrong when players like me who hate pvp, sudddenly spend most of their online time pvping. And I'm not the only one.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

I haven't read through this entire thread to see if this has already been mentioned or not, but I would like to request the following:

Please make ALL currencies in your inventory tab LEGACY WIDE when you change the Unassembled Components from PvP. Mainly the Dark/Light side tokens - as many of my characters hover in the neutral range and will never be able to spend any of them due to having a required alignment to even purchase these items. I still did what was necessary to earn them, but am punished for my chosen alignment by not being able to spend them on all characters.

The other option, of course, would be removal of the requirement of alignment to PURCHASE those items, keeping only the requirement of certain alignments to use them. Though honestly I wouldn't mind seeing that requirement disappear either.

This is obviously a QoL request, and not nearly as important as many of the other issues being raised in this thread... but still something that I think only makes sense.

Also - would love to see more bug fixes in operations. I have been mainly a part of the raid community whenever there was one here, and still raid 4 nights a week. The amount of bugs that still persist in almost all raids in the game is disappointing. I put a list up in the Bug forums once upon a time, and will have to track it down but many of them are still there, untouched. I appreciate where you are going with the game currently, but feel like there is a lot of good will to be had in fixing issues that have been long standing and long ignored.

Thanks for all the communication, and here on your own forums. That has been severely lacking for quite some time (maybe always?), and it is refreshing to see it here (rather than primarily on Reddit, or other third party sites).

---Keith

Keith, it's a small thing, but I appreciate your use of pronouns in these contexts. I feel like you're truly invested in it like most of us here and you probably share a lot of the same frustrations we do. It gives me hope things will move in a better direction. My expectations will be tempered by the amount of time things really take to "fix" but my recent thoughts of leaving have lessened of late, and your communication with us is a big reason why. I know a lot of people have said similar things, but I just wanted to add my voice to show anyone else above you who might be reading the forums that your style and involvement have been a very positive thing since December.

The ideas juices are flowing today ;)

Add veteran and master mode to vanilla content. The same as it is for end game story content. But allow us to choose before lvl 10 and not have to do the whole story first before being able to set the difficulty.

This would allow people to experience the vanilla game the way it was meant to be played. So much of the Vanilla game is awesome, but people don't see it or experience it because it's terribly easy now that they just bypass non class missions. You could then put back all those side quests you removed.

I would like to see something like this myself. I think the mechanics would have to be different since the vanilla story is often open world - perhaps the level sync calculations could be adjustable by clicking on the character portrait or something to set "veteran" and "master" mode for story replays to make it more challenging.

If possible to implement, this could be a good interim solution for players wanting story options while the team focuses on the end game multi-player content.

Excuse me but that is laughable. I can almost afk a warzone and still get my components...

3. You get a whole 3 UC if you anchor-drag your team down like you seem to imply you do. GG, man. GG.

Seriously, UC farming PvE folks are a blight on the warzones. Please don't queue unless you are going to try to win.