Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

Doesn't surprise me. This was happening before when you had to do pvp to get a companion. I don't pvp normally but asked my boyfriend to take me so I could get the companion and to show me what I needed to do. I may not be great (since I don't do pvp) but I wanted to at least try and since I took my medic that was a bit easier to learn.

It's become common in GSF lately too. In almost every match I've been in recently, there's been at least one person who just hangs around the spawn point and doesn't contribute, or who repeatedly smashes themselves into rocks in deathmatches to make the match end faster, just to farm components. It's really frustrating for those of us who enjoy GSF.

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's become common in GSF lately too. In almost every match I've been in recently, there's been at least one person who just hangs around the spawn point and doesn't contribute, or who repeatedly smashes themselves into rocks in deathmatches to make the match end faster, just to farm components. It's really frustrating for those of us who enjoy GSF.

I think that was me once(not intentionally) when I tried gsf for the first time. I didn't really how to play! It was also the last time.

I think that was me once(not intentionally) when I tried gsf for the first time. I didn't really how to play! It was also the last time.

Yeah, I REALLY wish that the 'tutorial' for GSF wasn't absolutely fricking useless to people. Not to mention it's super easy to miss said 'tutorial' since you can jump right into GSF. But it's usually easy to tell the difference between newbie pilots and pilots who just don't give a crap and are there for the components, nothing more.

Yeah, I REALLY wish that the 'tutorial' for GSF wasn't absolutely fricking useless to people. Not to mention it's super easy to miss said 'tutorial' since you can jump right into GSF. But it's usually easy to tell the difference between newbie pilots and pilots who just don't give a crap and are there for the components, nothing more.

Didn't stop people from cussing me out like there was no tomorrow.:rak_03:

Didn't stop people from cussing me out like there was no tomorrow.:rak_03:

I'm sorry to hear that. :( GSF can be a lot of fun, but it does have a rather steep learning curve. There's also a number of GSF players who seem to get a kick out of not only berating newer players, but blowing them up repeatedly and camping their spawns so said newer players never learn how to get better and just give up in frustration. It makes me sad.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( GSF can be a lot of fun, but it does have a rather steep learning curve. There's also a number of GSF players who seem to get a kick out of not only berating newer players, but blowing them up repeatedly and camping their spawns so said newer players never learn how to get better and just give up in frustration. It makes me sad.

It's a bit sad, but having been an mmo player for years you don't really take it to heart! I can understand people's rage when they really want to get something done, so I just roll my eyes and move along.:D

That's awesome. Welcome back for sure. I have my unopened Collector's Edition sitting in my home office. During Alpha and internal Beta testing, I picked up two Shae Vizla statues for completing Act III on multiple toons. Both of those are still in their original boxes, too.

What is this Shae Vizla statue and can we still get it?

So I re-subbed again, because I want to believe in this road-map. I want to believe that Keith will address the main concerns of the players.

As it was stated above, some of the questions about the road-map may be answered by devs, so here is mine:

As from 4.0 we have some long standing bugs, Courting gifts for example. Can we get a little more insight about bugs that are going to be fixed? As a software developer myself, I understand that you must continue to deliver the new value to the customer constantly. But I hope you will find some time for fixing the problems too.

There are some lists on this forum as well as on reddit. If you happen to need the refreshment you can easily gather the feedback from either of those places, as you did before several times. The community will be happy to contribute into making this game better for everybody.

P.S. Sorry for my English. (and for the nickname, I know it is stupid, but at least it wasn't taken)

So I re-subbed again, because I want to believe in this road-map. I want to believe that Keith will address the main concerns of the players.

As it was stated above, some of the questions about the road-map may be answered by devs, so here is mine:

As from 4.0 we have some long standing bugs, Courting gifts for example. Can we get a little more insight about bugs that are going to be fixed? As a software developer myself, I understand that you must continue to deliver the new value to the customer constantly. But I hope you will find some time for fixing the problems too.

There are some lists on this forum as well as on reddit. If you happen to need the refreshment you can easily gather the feedback from either of those places, as you did before several times. The community will be happy to contribute into making this game better for everybody.

P.S. Sorry for my English. (and for the nickname, I know it is stupid, but at least it wasn't taken)

They started this thread to address bugs

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=923423

GSF is a blast, but the lack of SUB's really shows when it comes to PVP and GSF.

Unbalanced teams also comes to bear in both these. I give the example IMP vs. IMP even when premade groups come into effect. The game SHOULD properly load balance the teams. If you have two groups of 4 or more they should be divided up and not parked on the same team. Factors like quality of ships or gear should be computed and team divided up. So if you have 6 Noob players with stock ships or crap bolster gear going against 6 heavily geared players they should be divided. Granted grouping will create a problem here, but some sort of logic is needed.

Today it sucks for a poor new person with stock ship or poor gear. Even with giving two more free ships it's not going to help too much as those with MAX gear/ship. Just a lot of ROFLStomping and folks just never come back to the PVP and/or GSF because its not fun being handed butt every time and then told "Git gud" or stop queing. (Sadly folks do that in game and even afterwards when back on fleet)

Suggestion for GSF - Saw this today and liked the idea. Some sort of bomb or AOE type bomb for certain ships (like scout maybe) that allows you to barrel into a group of Bombers parked on a node and take them all out in one giant explosion. This would go a long way to help with having too many of one class of ship in GSF at the same time. Makes several of the maps in GSF nearly impossible to win against when B has three bombers parked and the other dozen ships are on 2nd point.

EDIT: The BOMB would not destroy all the ships, but everything in the immediate area. Defense Turrent's, Seeker Mines, Repair Probes, Hyperspace Beacon, etc. Ships would get pretty banged up and some sort of "Charge" timer would be needed (These ships should be slow moving like Bombers) when carrying BOMB until the end a massive burst of engine speed when firing.

Edited by dscount

To set expectations, this 25% Command Rank Perk is not going to be free. You don't need to buy it, but since it is Legacy wide, it'll be a one time purchase (credits or cartel coins) and I anticipate a worthwhile investment.

---Keith

25% Command rank Perk is no where near enough to make it even worth 50,000 Credit investment.

At 100% Command Rank Perk I "might" consider buying it IF the total cost were under 2,000,000 Credits.

Anything other than that and you are resorting to Ben Irving levels of insulting the playerbase.

All The Best

Can we get some really basic matchmaking? I mean super basic, cause I get that you don't want q times to increase, but having 3 healers on 1 side, and 0 on the other in imp v imp is a little ridiculous. At least make it 2 and 1.

Is this relatively new? I leveled a number of toons through the DvL event using GSF and it was magnitudes nicer, calmer, and more helpful than PvP. I was in only one match where the other team spawn camped. GSF players have been neglected for so long that I think they know if they chase people away it will have an adverse effect on the number players and make REALLY long queue times beyond what they already are. Hmmm, strange and sad the PvP community has not picked up on that.

GSF wasn't my cup of tea before trying it but the more inclusive community turned me on and I enjoyed it a lot. I wasn't that GOOD, but it was still fun and I wasn't chased away like can occasionally happen in PvP.

25% Command rank Perk is no where near enough to make it even worth 50,000 Credit investment.

At 100% Command Rank Perk I "might" consider buying it IF the total cost were under 2,000,000 Credits.

Anything other than that and you are resorting to Ben Irving levels of insulting the playerbase.

All The Best

As I said before absolutely nothing gonna be idone in this game to improve it unless it is something to put on the cartel market

Can you figure out a way for us to get together and purchase class balance

Edited by Glocko

I would like some clarification, if possible, on how the Iokath story will end.....apparently there has to be more since we were left hanging about a mysterious traitor close to us. Will parts of the story be included in the new operations? And since they have a story mode, will it still be necessary to have a minimum of 8 players to do those? I duo everything I can with a partner that I have played with for the last 20 years, so I want to know if we can do those.

Also this....a line from the Roadmap: " We know bringing back your old Companions is extremely important so expect to see more of them returning throughout the year." It sounded like the Umbara flashpoint was the only bit of story we would get for the year.......so how will we get them back "throughout the year"?

Sorry if this has been asked already but I did search the forums pretty good and couldn't' find anything. I would really appreciate some kind of response on this. Hope they aren't dumb questions but I am pretty confused...

Also thank you for the great communication efforts! This should go a long way toward managing players expectations and thus cutting down the amount of disappointment we experience when something we were hoping for doesn't happen:)

I do not know why we even bother to "Discuss" this stuff they put out there. ?? The Dev's & Writers seem to delight in giving us the "Illusion" of caring , when it's obvious that they could give a damn about what we think & what we want. :mad:

I mean , seriously , 2 1/2 to 3 years + and we have , what ? A Raid ? Uprisings ? Give me a break. One word to go with this thought : ' Legion ' . What EA has done over the past 2-3 years , Blizzard has done 10 fold if not more. Don't get me wrong , I love both games , but Blizz does far more & listens far better than BW & EA ever hope to try and do .

But , who am I but 1 player , who's been here since 'Founder' times ? Just things make me sad : Uprisings bore me , Galactic Command bores me , all this grindy stuff bores me. Please , oh please move the base class stories along. I'd love to see how & where the Imperial Agent ends up after they leave the Empire "Officially" , and work outside the lines. Or , where the Smuggler ends up After their shenanigans with 'The Iron Wolf' & Rogun the Butcher.? Oh well , guess I'm too invested & too bored to "Eject" from this falling brick of a Starship. :p LoL S:rak_03:

IF i stock pile LVL 4 Command crates prior to LVL4 Armor and scheme are released will those COMMAND CRATES drop 246 instead of 240? or Will only LVL4 Command crates dropped after that patch drop them?

So..... failed preferred (ftp) players's space missions still COUNT FOR THE WEEK??

So fail 3 times, you get 2 more tries. Fail these two and you completed zero space missions.

The rest of the week zero options to fly. Not even to see which ones are do-able and which grey ones get you shot to pieces. The time punishment (week lockout account wide) is just too much. You can test nothing as newblood or vet player (new lvl=new ship parts) when every try counts, and after 3 the week is on lockdown.

Failure should not count. It feel likes punishment. Who wanna fly when failing speeds the countdown?

Going pref soon. (and sub once in a while) And I really like flying space missions. But I will not fly on these conditions.

Why make a kickass part of the game and let players feel like that when playing that part?

(You can say pref is not where the money is. plz look up how many times I bought 5500 CC, and that I bought the CE. I SPENT(D) baby! :D)

Edited by Capt_Solbeamer
typo

All The Best

25% for 50k is perfectly fine, if it were 100% I'd expect it to be pushing 10 mill.

hello friends.

i was a sub for 65 month, also paid hundreds of bucks for expensions and in the cartell market, to support the game.

i don't care, that they took away my SoR and that i need to buy an cm item to use my gear. really, it is okay. not fair, for sure, but okay.

i was waiting for the roadmap, but it took to long. there is nearly no new information in it. the most things are known in 04/2017 when my sub runs out. new is just the month.

if you cut of all the gimmicks, there is nearly no new content in it. only one out of the two announced flashpoints and i really can't believe, that the operation is done this year. it takes 5 month for the first boss, another 3 for the second and i would say, the third will come in october. the fight was okay, a bit fun. okay for the first boss.

nothing said about tyth mm.

8 month after the release and all the heavy input about class balance, there is the first try to solve this problem. it is good the get it done, but why the hell it needs 8 month? i don't get it. after this, you wanna change it to short time fixes with feedback. nice idea, but why not now? but okay.

also i nearly forgot, what you have done in the beginning. everytime a fix was need, to force the players to go on this mastermode grinding, it was done as soon as possible. but other severe problems in the game, really killing the fun, is still ignored. i really don't get, that they don't understand, that having fun is the main reason, we are here. best example is pvp ranked. it is full of cheaters and wintraders and they don't care, if you take away a title. but with ignoring this problem during the season, you take away the fun in a competive part of the game.

but the biggest problem for me, is the lack of content. the announced one is still not enough. compare it to other games and i hope you feel ashamed. the license won't help forever.

as a new player, the game is great. no question about it. and many players are still playing it and having fun with the game. but you really are not doing anything for vet-players. and so it is my turn to say good bye.

i don't think, i would use my ref-link-time now. it is just boring.

maybe it would be an idea, to speak very honestly, what the problem is and why this all takes so long and what we could do, to make swtor great again, for every kind of player.

and i really like, that you are going to support the forums more. but all that is to late for me and not enough.

so have a great time.

25% for 50k is perfectly fine, if it were 100% I'd expect it to be pushing 10 mill.

Don't give them ideas. The average casual person would have a hard time getting 2mil

Edited by Icykill_

hello friends.

i was a sub for 65 month, also paid hundreds of bucks for expansions and in the cartel market, to support the game.

**snip**

As a new player, the game is great. no question about it. and many players are still playing it and having fun with the game. But you really are not doing anything for vet-players. and so it is my turn to say good bye.

i don't think, i would use my ref-link-time now. it is just boring.

Gotta agree here.

Been stepping out from SWTOR lately. I even did not had the will to log on once this week-end to get the free pet.

To be totally honest it's refreshing to see what other studios are doing both in terms of content and quality.

That being said, while I do appreciate Keith communication and the sense of direction he's giving.

The poor lad really don't have the budget to fix the game at all.

But you are right for new subscribers (emphasis) the game is good enough.

Agreed and it's been going on for a long time. The unassembled pieces just make it relevant now.

bw should have never placed those components in PVP only. Attach them to FP and UR as well to get people to run those more on the PVE side of things but given how PVP is looked at by a fair number of people. If you place them in PVP only, you will get gamers in there that hate PVP and are just there for the reward win or lose. because it's a guaranteed gain.

Would have been a better decision to not put them in PVP only. Put them everywhere. Gamers will be feel enticed ( feel forced) to PVP when they hate PVP so they can upgrade their gear as that is the only way to upgrade gear. BW created their own problem.

I really don't have a problem with gamers screwing off in PVP matches when it was designed to entice that type of behavior from gamers that want to upgrade gear but hate PVP and there has always been a huge love hate relationship when it comes to PVP from a large group of gamers.

BW should never have placed them only in PVP. No more than things should be PVE only either.

Edited by Quraswren

Don't give them ideas. The average casual person would have a hard time getting 2mil

Not that hard. I play maybe 2 or 3 times a week and just doing dailies and heroics I can get 2m easy (that is if I don't spend it first p.)

Are.... Are you reading what you're writing?

You're actively saying that you purposely ruin other people's games just so you can get 5 components per loss...

If you hate PvP so much, don't *********** do it. It's disingenuous to claim you're being *forced* to do it, because NO ONE is forcing you to do ANYTHING. Don't like PvP? DO NOT DO IT. Don't wanna do NiM? DO NOT DO IT.

If you want to chase that carrot that badly, either learn to actually contribute in games where that carrot is necessary, or stop queuing up. If the carrot isn't dropped in HM FP, it's because the carrot isn't WORTH being dropped in HM FP.

You're literally arguing that because YOU, PURPOSELY ruin others' game time in PvP, that PvP is "easier" than HM FPs, so HM FPs should have a drop. No, PvP is not easier, you're just being a d*ck to players who want to play.

As it stands, you can already use HM FPs to CXP grind and get all the gear you want. You want 248s literally handed out to you for the 3rd easiest group content in the game, simply because you're not willing to put in the effort into NiM? And then you claim to "fix" that problem by queuing up and ruining other PvPers time by AFKing?

This is really getting pointless.

Some posts earlier I clearly stated that I always do participate actively in every warzone match I join.

I also mentioned that I'm playing a healer and that I'm obviously doing very good judging by my MVP count and other players compliments. But still I'm getting insulted beeing a d*ck just because I dared to mention that unranked warzones can be easily semi-afked to just farm components...which is the truth.

So yes I am reading what I am writing but obviously you are not...thank you!

So I'm actively contributing to every warzone match I join because I do want to chase that carrot (components) so badly. I am just saying that I hate it and if I have to grind for my PvE gear I would prefer doing this grind in PvE instead of PvP.

Btw I am already in almost full 248s...I got four 248 pieces out of a crate, all the other pieces I farmed with PvP.

I only need 1 implant and 1 relic for full bis and you are telling me I can use flashpoints to farm these pieces?

Do you read what you write?

The next time you are going to shower me with insults + wrong statements and the next time you write such a hate driven post based on your false assumptions, please take the time to read what I posted before.

Oh and unranked warzones don't need more effort than a hardmode flashpoint.

Probably you are comparing Black Talon with some of the hardest matches you ever had.

Well I am comparing all the walk in the park wins I had to hm fps like Battle of Rishi (endboss) or Lost Island in a random group with unexperienced and low leveled players in their questing gear.

Both (hm fps and unranked warzones) can require a lot of effort but unranked warzone will reward you anyway even if you fail or refuse to put any effort into it.

Hm fps for sure are worth dropping components, the only reason they don't, is obviously that the devs didn't even consider that this whole component system will make a lot of PvEers feel forced to PvP (once again) and unhappy about the situation.

So thank you once again for your insults and for unleashing all your hate on me based on your false assumptions.

And just one more thing: I am playing for some years now and would consider myself a very good player.

I did successful progression raiding in other mmos before and I have what it takes to do nim operations.

I just don't want to book up my game time with raiding appointments and just want to log in and off when I want to.

Doing unranked warzones totally allows this kind of playstyle and components for hm fps would do the same.

Nim operations for sure are no comparable alternative to easy accessible and timewise flexible unranked warzones.

Tha's why I'm doing the PvP grind which I hate so much and that's why I am hoping for a comparable PvE alternative to it (like components for hm flashpoints).

Edited by Avianatorsparkma