The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

Alterkai

If there really is a traitor it has to be an NPC that is common to every single player character, one that has been a member of the Alliance (otherwise it's not being a traitor at all), it also has to be someone that can not be killed in any way shape or form or cannot be banished or imprisoned by any player.

So I'd say it's Indo Zal. In and done (more or less) in one chapter. Or it could be nobody and the statement was a lie. I also think BW was being lazy and just used a scion model in the cutscene and nothing else. But I've been known to be wrong.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People

It HAS to be someone from within!

I bet on 2 people:

1. Korth - he strongly disagrees with many things Commander does, no matter if commander is light or dark side. A fanatic idealist

2. As much as it saddens me - Lana - look at the hands of that figure you mention... The right hand glove resembles highly Lana's glove!!! Do you think developpers are that smart to cover everything up?

There are 2 other more long shot versions, not from allience:

3. That machine, we fought on Iokath, when been brought there by Gravestone

4. Long shot (extremely) - but...may be Thexan isn't as dead as it was presumed?

Last but not least:

5. Someone's from the past. Idealist, who would seem to blame the commander for everything that happened - for example Ashara Zavros or Kira Karsen from Jedi side. In case of Sith Sorcerer - she could blame his actions, that eventually led to war between all 3 powers. In case of Sith warrior/Jedi knight, her mentor(possibly lover) was probably killed during Arcann's invasion...

1.) Koth can be killed in kotet if he leaves your alliance in kotfe taking the gravestone with him so I doubt it's him.

2.)The best pick that would make us feel the most betrayed would be Lana. I would hate it but a good story evokes emotion. Think about it what if Lana was manipulating every step clearing the way for her rise to power. Freeing you, gathering an alliance, appointing you the commander, helping you destroy valkorian.

3.) Aries was supposedly killed on iokath but if you decide to help scorpio she merges her conciousness with iokath and i doubt she's let aries survive. Unless this is another threat from scorpio (which lana refers to)

4.) Thexan would be awesome. Imagine if you will that he knew how this would all play out. His father's selfishness and disapproval, his brother's and sister's hatred for their father. He knew his family would self destruct. So he stepped aside and after arcann sliced him across the chest he had scions take his body and heal him and while hidden he began his plan. He is the only one left whose personality we do not know too much about except that he frequently visited vailyn on nathema and arcann says that the outlander reminds him of thexan (if you spare him) The only draw back is that since the kotfe and kotet expansions have spurned a lot of hatred, There would be more threats of unsubbing and complaints of the devs. not listening. I think they should just come up with a list of 4-5 different story arcs and have subbers and preffered players vote.

5.) It could be Guss's force master Issac he might be Izax (Sana Rae mentions he Immensely powerful and to be careful). If you ask him his name and he tells you that it's Issac and that he his no master and wasn't even knighted, then warns you to be careful because you have no Idea what is coming. Then, during the Kotet Dragon's Maw when you enter the guard barracks delivering dinner you find some info that could support this. Captain Frem: "Many years ago the Eternal empire sent sleeper agents into the Core worlds.

Initiate Alus: "To spy on the lowly outlands!

Captain Frem: Precisely: "The most successful of these agents was code-named Watcher Izax.

He was a strong, loyal son of Zakuul. Until the day he abandoned his homeland. "

Initiate Alus: "Poor fool got homesick"?

Capitain Fren: "No. He was stronger than you'll ever be, but still he turned his back on us. Such

are the temptations of the outlands."

Also the devotional entitled "The Veneration of Izax"on the star fotress says this about Izax : Honor the omnipotence of Izax, the Ultimate Devourer: father, ruler and bringer of death to us all. His forms are infinite, but his great glory flies on serpent wings. This makes me think that he was the original ruler and conqueror of zakuul as the ruler is also known as the ( his great glory flies on serpant wings) dragon of zakuul. But since "His forms are infinite" he may have formerly been incarnated as Zildrog. "Ultimate Devourer" might mean that he has power to absorb worlds like Vitiate). "Bringer of death" is supported by the kotet story on Iokath where Vette slices into an Iokath mainfrain and Aries inform all the planets that were conquered by the super weapons and rebuilt. In line with Izax being one of the creators behind Iokath and former ruler of Zakuul these Machines/super weapons might be his creations "his children". We have seen Tyth, Aivela and Esne, we have yet to see nahut, Scyva maybe Izax (if it indeed is not the force master). Now that Valkorion is defeated Izax is coming to reclaim his throne, or seeing what was essentially created using his technology has become he wants to burn it all to the ground." It's just my little theory.

Edited by Mzuta

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised they haven't made a public announcement or reminder post about data-mined information, the closer we get to release the more people that are going to want to post and/or discuss spoilers.

Well I didn't post any info....not sure if anyone else did. But like any other leak it's out there. At this point since people are supposedly unsubbing because of not liking the last 2 expansions, a decent twist this allows you to get hooked back into story material. As long as the reason is written right. It might hook people back in...Lastly since the new umbara quest hasn't been released, it could be only one possibility they are running through. The dev's may change it up before it's released or make the identity of the traitor decision based.

Edited by Mzuta

I'm surprised they haven't made a public announcement or reminder post about data-mined information, the closer we get to release the more people that are going to want to post and/or discuss spoilers.

i've mentioned a few times speculatively whom the traitor is within spoilers on other threads like this one, i mentioned "assuming accuracy:" because i have no way of knowing if the details elsewhere are even reliable at this point so i make an assumption.

i think quite a few people have been careful with the hints surrounding what is on reedit. noticed i didn't say that one word beginning with D as you got posted in the quote and i don't mean discuss. :p

The leaked info was quite a gut-punch for me. I'm currently working on a fanfic that I will post on the 22nd--it is how I have been expressing my feelings and hopes.

In the JK and IA storylines we saw that extensive plastic surgery and personal holographic projectors can make a person appear as another. Right now we cannot trust our own eyes and ears. Time will tell whether or not the Traitor is wearing a sophisticated mask to obscure his or her true identity.

Can't wait to discuss all this in greater detail starting on the 22nd.

The leaked info was quite a gut-punch for me. I'm currently working on a fanfic that I will post on the 22nd--it is how I have been expressing my feelings and hopes.

In the JK and IA storylines we saw that extensive plastic surgery and personal holographic projectors can make a person appear as another. Right now we cannot trust our own eyes and ears. Time will tell whether or not the Traitor is wearing a sophisticated mask to obscure his or her true identity.

Can't wait to discuss all this in greater detail starting on the 22nd.

thats a very interesting point i hadnt considered, a holographic disguise. i don't know why i didn't think of that in my original thought of a traitor considering Z0-0M's abilities.

i think i figured out perhaps part of your story before you even posted it:

Theron is held prisoner and someone is using his appearance to become Theron. Meanwhile holographic operative returns to his masters and convinces everyone that Theron is behind everything in the alliance and news gets around fast.

but even with that idea of a holographic operative, who is to say there aren't more, what if Lana is another of these operatives or Gault or T7? or hell if it's a holodeck and you were onboard a federation holoship and the next thing you see as you step outside is Adhar Ru'afo screaming "no!" because his collector didn't destroy the metaphasic rings around the Ba'ku world... okay i'm over-doing it now.

now i think more on the idea, the more twisted it could get for a fan fiction.

Edited by Celise

thats a very interesting point i hadnt considered, a holographic disguise. i don't know why i didn't think of that in my original thought of a traitor considering Z0-0M's abilities.

i think i figured out perhaps part of your story before you even posted it:

Theron is held prisoner and someone is using his appearance to become Theron. Meanwhile holographic operative returns to his masters and convinces everyone that Theron is behind everything in the alliance and news gets around fast.

but even with that idea of a holographic operative, who is to say there aren't more, what if Lana is another of these operatives or Gault or T7? or hell if it's a holodeck and you were onboard a federation holoship and the next thing you see as you step outside is Adhar Ru'afo screaming "no!" because his collector didn't destroy the metaphasic rings around the Ba'ku world... okay i'm over-doing it now.

now i think more on the idea, the more twisted it could get for a fan fiction.

1. :eek:

2. I did find it fishy that the Eternal Alliance didn't share power with any Zakuulan authority, Indo Zal's people, or otherwise, so some sort of ARIES/SCORPIOesque supersimulation wouldn't be out of the question.

3. Malcom and Acina don't seem to be the type of leaders that would go looney for a broken genocide machine.

p.s. You should rewatch ST:IX

1. :eek:

2. I did find it fishy that the Eternal Alliance didn't share power with any Zakuulan authority, Indo Zal's people, or otherwise, so some sort of ARIES/SCORPIOesque supersimulation wouldn't be out of the question.

3. Malcom and Acina don't seem to be the type of leaders that would go looney for a broken genocide machine.

p.s. You should rewatch ST:IX

i've seen star trek enough times to know where everything is and i remember the scene in question i mentioned.

i guess you want proof?

as for the rest, never know it you could still be inside valkorions play ground as he controls your body. it's getting more matrix-esque as it goes. what is reality? :p

evidentially Malcom and Acina did go potty for it and they died for it only to realise their desperation is what drove them to release these great machines. the old world gods.

My hypotheses:

I'm wondering about implants. A lot of the characters have them, and we know that they have been used to control others at some points in the vanilla stories...

And don't the spies in SWTOR have trigger words that can be used to control them? Just saying...

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

i've seen star trek enough times to know where everything is and i remember the scene in question i mentioned.

i guess you want proof?

as for the rest, never know it you could still be inside valkorions play ground as he controls your body. it's getting more matrix-esque as it goes. what is reality? :p

evidentially Malcom and Acina did go potty for it and they died for it only to realise their desperation is what drove them to release these great machines. the old world gods.

Perhaps "harvest" and "destroy" are just two degrees of the same meaning?

Didn't Valkorian get contained/destroyed at the end of KotFE?

Hopefully an attritious move towards a more live-actioney setup? :p

My hypotheses:

I'm wondering about implants. A lot of the characters have them, and we know that they have been used to control others at some points in the vanilla stories...

And don't the spies in SWTOR have trigger words that can be used to control them? Just saying...

That was more unique (or close to) to the player character Agent, not every single spy... the control word I mean.

My hypotheses:

i didn't realise that this character could of been abducted by imperial intelligence years ago, but because this characters conditioning never triggered due the fact that they may have been elsewhere and intelligence couldn't use them when it fell. now someone got those codes to reprogramme this character.

however i already mentioned something along these lines before but it was Theron and Jadus. it was just some wild imaginings a month ago.

Edited by Celise

i didn't realise that this character could of been abducted by imperial intelligence years ago, but because this characters conditioning never triggered due the fact that they may have been elsewhere and intelligence couldn't use them when it fell. now someone got those codes to reprogramme this character.

however i already mentioned something along these lines before but it was Theron and Jadus. it was just some wild imaginings a month ago.

Or the Revanites, who had both high-ranking Imperial and Republic people working with them...

Or that character's original faction, which did have some very shady top-level people....I wouldn't put it beyond either Lorman or Saresh's remaining allies to try to find a way to exploit any opportunities there.

There are so many times in the last few chapters of KOTET and Iokath where people are knocked unconscious and perhaps someone could have taken advantage of that with implants and triggers.