The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

Alterkai

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems a lot of people don't believe anything Valkorian says but I saw a lot of foreshadowing in KOTE and KOTET. 1st. Valkorian tells Outlander that there is someone or a group on Odessen that doesn't believe in them. 2nd. He mentions that he's had his influence in things neither the Republic nor Empire ever experienced. 3rd e ancient Gods of Zakul were referred to consistently. 4th the Alliance could never be permanent. 'The Age' must end. That's been pushed too.

My thought: the traitors are the Scions. During the scene with you on the throne, there is someone skulking about with a black robe with Zakuulian runes along the border. Looks like the back of the Scions Vestments (off the vendor in the base area of Odessen. It would make sense - they wanted the Old Gods to return.

I noticed in my Sage playthrough the skulking person, and exited out to replay it. I got some screenshots, if people care to see.

My thought: the traitors are the Scions. During the scene with you on the throne, there is someone skulking about with a black robe with Zakuulian runes along the border. Looks like the back of the Scions Vestments (off the vendor in the base area of Odessen. It would make sense - they wanted the Old Gods to return.

I noticed in my Sage playthrough the skulking person, and exited out to replay it. I got some screenshots, if people care to see.

I'd like to see them (nods).

You can accuse Heskal of betraying you to Arcann in Chapter 8... So your definition of betrayal might be different from what may be in the game. The Scions have told the PC that they are there to aid the Alliance, so their act of actually sabotaging the throne and using everyone as sacrifice would technically be a betrayal. And again, Heskal told the Outlander to their face that the Scions were allied with the Alliance and that they would reappear when needed. And here they are, and they're being super cagey...

All the motives are there, it seems pretty obvious...

Yes you're probably right. I was just hoping for something with more impact than the Scions, that's all. :(

The game says that about Warrior being LSed. Easy to detect. It's bad writing and all they have to say is he can control it. Palpatine hid his evil stench for the longest time.

Forgot his name, but the traitor in the Rift alliance hid his dark side from the Consular who really was made up to be someone who should have at least sensed something.

To add to this, Jadus does it on purpose. The first time you meet him, he tells you he's in the process of transforming you into his image through his presence and inoculation.

He was also able to hide himself from the entire galaxy when he "died." No one could sense him using the Force to hold the Dominator together after he made it explode to fake his death.

Edited by Joluka

I really think now it's someone who tries to manipulate the player into believing there is a mole in their ranks so that the Alliance can fall apart. Valkorion mentioning betrayal earlier is just simple Sith tactics I think. :)

If it was Theron or Lana they probably would have made their move when you were unconscious claiming the Eternal Throne while you have been vulnerable or some other point. Lana is not quite the leading type more like a brilliant organiser and I can't see who she could be working for. Same case with Theron. And they worked with you before for quite some time so if there would be any doubt in them regarding your actions they would've brought it up or just accepted your negative sides.

So I think whoever is behind all this -if there is anyone- is trying to confuse you. Could be the scions- who I don't really like- just working for the legacy of Valkorion or some other ancient reason. Empire or Republic are eager for change -afraid of your political power- would make sense to cause this much trouble to get some power back.

Silliest would be if Vaylin returned - and I would be really disappointed were that the truth- but from that screenshot the character has the same tattoed hands and black nailpolished fingers. :D

OH EM GEE! I KNOW WHO IT IS!

It's so obvious now!

It has to be someone who can get around unnoticed. Someone nobody will give a second thought about. In fact, it may just be someone working with a partner to make it easier! Someone who wants to take you out.

2V-R8 is the traitor, and maybe, just maybe, he's working with C2-N2.

OH EM GEE! I KNOW WHO IT IS!

It's so obvious now!

It has to be someone who can get around unnoticed. Someone nobody will give a second thought about. In fact, it may just be someone working with a partner to make it easier! Someone who wants to take you out.

2V-R8 is the traitor, and maybe, just maybe, he's working with C2-N2.

It's true that 2V-R8's companion profile mentions that he may be plotting to kill you...

why we still on this? It's the Scions. End of speculation.

While I agree that it's the Scions for reasons already listed in this thread (knowledge of Zakuul mythology and Gods, on Iokath with us currently, clipping in cinematic) it is not the "end of speculation".

All of this is only speculation until we know for sure from either an announcement of new content OR we see it in game ourselves for a certainty. BW could still make the betrayer someone else at any time and claim the Scion robes was a mere "placeholder" model.

Until we know, we don't know. Let the speculation continue!

Thinking about her in the other thread made me realize that this could have been yet another opportunity to do something amazing with Meetra Surik.

But of course they won't; first, they "one with the force" resolved her back in The Foundry, a colossal waste; and second, it's going to be a Scion, because it's the most boring possible choice, so of course it is.

While I agree that it's the Scions for reasons already listed in this thread (knowledge of Zakuul mythology and Gods, on Iokath with us currently, clipping in cinematic) it is not the "end of speculation".

All of this is only speculation until we know for sure from either an announcement of new content OR we see it in game ourselves for a certainty. BW could still make the betrayer someone else at any time and claim the Scion robes was a mere "placeholder" model.

Until we know, we don't know. Let the speculation continue!

it's no different from the SCORPIO cliffhanger, and lo and behold it was SCORPIO who betrayed you. (and we all knew Koth would come back).

None of the theories here make much sense.

"Betrayed" is a deliberate misdirection. No one from your alliance would have had access to Iokath, and half the people who went there with you are dead. Tyth didn't miraculous know that someone betrayed you.

if someone in your alliance "betrayed you, he/she would have had to have gone to Iokath and discovered the existence of the "Gods", had some interaction with them, and to appease them, promised to "lure" you their to your demise.

Who has the most to gain from this Betrayal? Lana? lol seriously? what would she gain? Theron? Hylo? The people who stand to gain are the scions. Zakuul is in ruins, their emperor is dead, their people are suffering, and they blame the warmongers: Republic, Empire and you, the alliance command. They hope the Gods will destroy you and restore Zakuul to its former glory. but, if that doesn't make sense, we can all believe it's 2R-V8. Because, no one close to the commander could have gone on a mission to Iokath without the alliance knowing.

• 1 month later...

What if the traitor is Guss Tuno? Sana-Rae warned you about Guss 's master, the force sensitive "that was not even knighted" - what if he is not a Jedi at all?

Or.. Jreely, Blizz's friend. Idea: Jreely is force sensitive, he met the "scary sith lady" aka Lord Krovos on Hoth, she trained him and uses him to spy on the Alliance. Think about it.. Krovos has all the reasons in the world to want war between Empire and Republic.

Then, the obvious traitor - Koth Vortena. He lost his crew, has reasons to want you dead or to seek revenge.

Other possibility - Aric Jorgan, don't forget he lost 5 members of Havoc Squad because of Kalyio.