The identity of the traitor in the war for Iokath

Alterkai

Theron would have been a very big catch for Imperial Intelligence. Darth Jadus may have personally overseen all aspects of the operation. This would make sense and be in-character for Jadus, who likely then would be the only one who knows the code-word. Now that the Emperor has been removed from the field, Darth Jadus can return. He could be involved or the driving force behind The Order.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Time Spoiler !!!

I got a chance to test play Crisis on Umbara and I got to tell you I was completely taken by surprise. Three words "The Endor Empire" That's right! The traitor is your very own Ewok companion TREEK!

The Endor Empire have their own coalition and are ready to play hardball with the other factions. As the Commander you have to untangle Treek's diabolical plans and save the universe.

Now you're probably saying "That is no way possible. The traitor who sabotaged the throne on Iokath was tall while Treek is short." The Commander addresses that question to Treek, who responds "Stilts, *******!!!" All this time Treek has been hiding in the shadows, watching and waiting. So a big *** to my spymasters, Lana and Theron for not catching this.

After the reveal, I emailed the administrator and asked what if you didn't purchase the Ewok Companion how would this work? I was informed that they decided to give the companion for free and if you had bought it then you would be mailed the typical compensation. So keep a look out for that 100CC!!!

Edited by LazyDaisy

Big Time Spoiler !!!

I got a chance to test play Crisis on Umbara and I got to tell you I was completely taken by surprise. Three words "The Endor Empire" That's right! The traitor is your very own Ewok companion TREEK!

The Endor Empire have their own coalition and are ready to play hardball with the other factions. As the Commander you have to untangle Treek's diabolical plans and save the universe.

Now you're probably saying "That is no way possible. The traitor who sabotaged the throne on Iokath was tall while Treek is short." The Commander addresses that question to Treek, who responds "Stilts, *******!!!" All this time Treek has been hiding in the shadows, watching and waiting. So a big *** to my spymasters, Lana and Theron for not catching this.

After the reveal, I emailed the administrator and asked what if you didn't purchase the Ewok Companion how would this work? I was informed that they decided to give the companion for free and if you had bought it then you would be mailed the typical compensation. So keep a look out for that 100CC!!!

LIAR ! Everyone knows the traitor is Darth Blizz, the leader of Dark Jawas Order and also a Revanite - he once stole HK-51 from Revan but Revan forgave him.

Big Time Spoiler !!!

That makes more sense and is a better story than the traitor being [REDACTED] >.>

i didn't realise that this character could of been abducted by imperial intelligence years ago, but because this characters conditioning never triggered due the fact that they may have been elsewhere and intelligence couldn't use them when it fell. now someone got those codes to reprogramme this character.

however i already mentioned something along these lines before but it was Theron and Jadus. it was just some wild imaginings a month ago.

love this idea

I "love" the logic of new plot and Theron's motivation.

I'm playing as Jedi Knight, my character is 100% light side, this is my playing style. Through all new chapters I chose only light side options, I have Senya, Arcann and Malcom alive :D

Also from the beginning, "The Shadow of Revan" I choose flirt options with Theron, so then I chose to start a romance. And in the "Crisis on Umbara" he betrays commander and I hear something like that: "I love you, but I must kill you, because your Alliance, that I helped to built from the beginning, became the bastion of oppression and now I'll just cold-blodedly leave you in train that is going to wreck and by the way take some super crystals".

I was so mistaken, when I thought, that was all :D The next step of my beloved Theron was "You didn't die? I really didn't think it was so easy to kill you, so it's only beginning and I'll just cold-bloodedly leave you with giant battle tank-droid and fly away to do my part of bargain with some masked figure. But remember, I love you".

W T F? Who came up with that? That was great if I play as my sith, who accepted Valkorions propositions, chose dark side options, killed Malcom and supported Acina and her empire! Where is Theron's solid logic and strong motivation? I didn't believe that, this is not realistic and very weak explanation.

P.S. But I must admit, Quinn's return was awesome. This was real good thing :rolleyes: And Lana, she's so great and nice ;)

Edited by Hecatonchira

P.S. But I must admit, Quinn's return was awesome. This was real good thing :rolleyes: And Lana, she's so great and nice ;)

I think you're one of the few who found Quinn's return awesome! (As in the story aspect of it) Assuming that's what you mean.:rak_03:

I "love" the logic of new plot and Theron's motivation.

I'm playing as Jedi Knight, my character is 100% light side, this is my playing style. Through all new chapters I chose only light side options, I have Senya, Arcann and Malcom alive :D

Also from the beginning, "The Shadow of Revan" I choose flirt options with Theron, so then I chose to start a romance. And in the "Crisis on Umbara" he betrays commander and I hear something like that: "I love you, but I must kill you, because your Alliance, that I helped to built from the beginning, became the bastion of oppression and now I'll just cold-blodedly leave you in train that is going to wreck and by the way take some super crystals".

I was so mistaken, when I thought, that was all :D The next step of my beloved Theron was "You didn't die? I really didn't think it was so easy to kill you, so it's only beginning and I'll just cold-bloodedly leave you with giant battle tank-droid and fly away to do my part of bargain with some masked figure. But remember, I love you".

W T F? Who came up with that? That was great if I play as my sith, who accepted Valkorions propositions, chose dark side options, killed Malcom and supported Acina and her empire! Where is Theron's solid logic and strong motivation? I didn't believe that, this is not realistic and very weak explanation.

He wasn't trying to kill the Commander at all. He had to make it look convincing because he's going undercover infiltrating the Order (my suspicions are on the Order of Zildrog). And Lana is in on it. Why else would she herp-a-derp jump in front of the Commander rather than swat the blast away with her lightsaber? The Commander was left out of the loop because her/his reaction had to be real.

Theron switched blasters (you can see it in the scene)...it was a stun round. Then he shot out the window of the train, followed by shooting out the controls to bring the raise shield up...then told the Commander exactly what he was doing, for all intents and purposes telling him/her to jump. It was all for show. Everything he said was an act for the person(s) listening in. Not to mention that he left the crystals behind when he said he was there to steal them...because he wanted the Alliance to have them.

Edited by Dracofish

He wasn't trying to kill the Commander at all. He had to make it look convincing because he's going undercover infiltrating the Order (my suspicions are on the Order of Zildrog). And Lana is in on it. Why else would she herp-a-derp jump in front of the Commander rather than swat the blast away with her lightsaber? The Commander was left out of the loop because her/his reaction had to be real.

Theron switched blasters (you can see it in the scene)...it was a stun round. Then he shot out the window of the train, followed by shooting out the controls to bring the raise shield up...then told the Commander exactly what he was doing, for all intents and purposes telling him/her to jump. It was all for show. Everything he said was an act for the person(s) listening in. Not to mention that he left the crystals behind when he said he was there to steal them...because he wanted the Alliance to have them.

Agreed with all of this with the exception that I don't think Lana's in on it. Though if it does end up that Theron's a triple agent and Lana finds evidence of it, she may very well figure it out herself. In which case, she may realize that he's just doing what she planned for him to do on Rishi. If she doesn't figure it out, well, I'm guessing Theron is probably ready for the eventuality that Lana (and/or a dark-sided Commander) will have his head on a platter.

Agreed with all of this with the exception that I don't think Lana's in on it. Though if it does end up that Theron's a triple agent and Lana finds evidence of it, she may very well figure it out herself. In which case, she may realize that he's just doing what she planned for him to do on Rishi. If she doesn't figure it out, well, I'm guessing Theron is probably ready for the eventuality that Lana (and/or a dark-sided Commander) will have his head on a platter.

I agree. She looks so shocked in that scene, and so angry afterward - I really don't think she knew (and we know Lana's been surprised by people who turn out to be traitors in the past...Senya, Republic mole on Ziost, etc...). And in looking at it again, I do think Theron was aiming *for her* with his stun. He probably anticipated that she would immediately try to save the Commander if he fired at them. And if she were awake during his little rant...IMHO she would not have stopped Force choking him, and would have ended him on the spot. So he made sure she was out cold while he had his moment with the Commander.

All I know is he made my character look like a complete clueless chump. And if you show any emotion other than begging him to come back he treats you like you are the most hated person he ever laid eyes on regardless if you romance him or not.

All I know is he made my character look like a complete clueless chump. And if you show any emotion other than begging him to come back he treats you like you are the most hated person he ever laid eyes on regardless if you romance him or not.

Even the begging him to come back just sounds bored most of the time :/ no option to express utter betrayal.

But it was all an act. Everything he said. I can see most Commanders being like "Sure, Theron. I'll go along with it, you ham!" I've even seen some people postulate that BioWare might eventually spin it that the Commander *was* in the know...we (as the player) just didn't know he/she was in the know. Interesting theory, and possible. Because even the Commander seemed a bit over-the-top in this.

Even if he doesn't like the Commander as a person, he still believes in the Alliance. I understand that the point of role-playing games is to project your own feelings and reactions onto your character, but I think we need to put ourselves more into what was going on there. Even his hurtful words were falsehoods, because it was all a really hammed out soap opera for whoever was listening in. Like if I were really in that situation, I'd have to wonder if he was taken over by a pod person, or he was up to something, because none of it was Theron.

The only time I actually heard Mr. Baker speak as the real Theron was twice out of the entire thing...right in the beginning when Theron said he'd do anything to keep the Commander safe (*wink* anything *wink*) and then at the very end when he chokes on "I love you too...but I can't." Those were the only two times Theron actually was being Theron. Every other time, I'd imagine the voice actor was told to be deliberately way out of character and over the top, because we all know that Mr. Baker is one of the best VA's out there right now, and if he recorded out of character lines for Theron, it was on purpose.

Just trying to give some hope to folks who have their doubts. I'm totally on-board with this move. I always had a feeling that Theron had a bigger part to play, and I'm interested to see where they take this for his development. This "leap before you look" thing is totally in-character for him. Yeah, I love his character and he's end-game wuvvy for my Darth Nox. I just think we need to all take a step back and see where this takes us, it just sucks having to wait.

Edited by Dracofish

Even the begging him to come back just sounds bored most of the time :/ no option to express utter betrayal.

Which i was really surprised about. Bertie Carvel (male agent) has done marvelous voice work. Toots one felt... Bored and not interested. Are people emotionless when they're in shock?

Excellent theories here. Me and my poor SW want to believe there is a high-risk infiltration in process, maybe even a blackmail situation..? All the (not so) subtle hints are pointing to it. I have to believe it. There's just no other way this game could ever redeem itself in my world. My Commander will lay waste to all known galaxies unless she gets her Theron back.

So there.

But the mail from Arcann struck me as suspicious. He just jumped at the opportunity, didn't he? Like, "Ok, Shan's finally messed up so royally he's practically out of the picture, here's my chance! Oh Commandeeeer, you have my hand, my shoulder, my deep voice to comfort you when the nights get too lonely... preferably in my quarters on my soft, king-sized bed..."

Sorry, I just had to! Maybe this was Arcann's plan all along... :D

(Edit to finish the thought) : Or maybe he's just meddling in, taking advantage of Theron's haphazardness and Force-feeding him all these crazy traitor ideas... I'm semi-seriously hoping for a romance option here.

Edited by -xndh-
(Edited to finish the last thought correctly, sorry about any inconvenience)

But the mail from Arcann struck me as suspicious. He just jumped at the opportunity, didn't he? Like, "Ok, Shan's finally messed up so royally he's practically out of the picture, here's my chance! Oh Commandeeeer, you have my hand, my shoulder, my deep voice to comfort you when the nights get too lonely... preferably in my quarters on my soft, king-sized bed..."

Sorry, I just had to! Maybe this was Arcann's plan all along... :D

Haha, I always thought there was a bit of "hungry eyes" going on, even when he was trying to kill the Commander. And then his letters? Um, yeah...Theron better watch his back because Arcann's gonna be a creepin. :p

Haha, I always thought there was a bit of "hungry eyes" going on, even when he was trying to kill the Commander. And then his letters? Um, yeah...Theron better watch his back because Arcann's gonna be a creepin. :p

LMAO you guys :p I actually really do want to romance Arcann on my Jedi Consular who has so far been celibate. I think if Arcann was scheming to get your LI out of the way, he did a bad job since not everyone romanced Theron. I am hoping that vibe that he's pining for you isn't in my head though :D

Better it all be this way :D

That's good point, I didn't think about it this way and take it at face value. So now this plot is gaining second life and becoming more interesting :D But still I don't believe some of his words :rolleyes: In favor of your theory: more realistic and dramatic it would be if he (if your character in romance with him, of cource) said that he never loved Commander and all of this was just a ruse to infiltrate Alliance as deep as possible. Pity, this important trifle wasn't taken into account, because of this his motivation and actions are still illogical and inconsistant! :rolleyes: As I said "I love you, but I'll leave you to die. Twice. But I love you".

Need to play as Sith and see, what will be this way. But I guess this plot will be good :rolleyes:

"Ok, Shan's finally messed up so royally he's practically out of the picture, here's my chance! Oh Commandeeeer, you have my hand, my shoulder, my deep voice to comfort you when the nights get too lonely... preferably in my quarters on my soft, king-sized bed..."

This is outstanding :D

Also, did someone play this FP in group? In FP the traitor's personality is still uknown, all the same masked figure in Scion's robes, who appears in train and break it.

Edited by Hecatonchira

He wasn't trying to kill the Commander at all. He had to make it look convincing because he's going undercover infiltrating the Order. And Lana is in on it. Why else would she herp-a-derp jump in front of the Commander rather than swat the blast away with her lightsaber? The Commander was left out of the loop because her/his reaction had to be real.

Theron's betrayal seems so out of character, combine it with the salvage of the majority of crystals for the alliance and the stunning of Lana instead of a deadly shot during the confrontation. It seems likely he went undercover. However he did lure the commander and all his allies in a trap, not to mention he would try to shoot his father (if you side with the empire) on Iokath. He'd better have a damn good reason to betray me, otherwise he'll rot in a cell next to Saresh.

Theron's betrayal seems so out of character, combine it with the salvage of the majority of crystals for the alliance and the stunning of Lana instead of a deadly shot during the confrontation. It seems likely he went undercover. However he did lure the commander and all his allies in a trap, not to mention he would try to shoot his father (if you side with the empire) on Iokath. He'd better have a damn good reason to betray me, otherwise he'll rot in a cell next to Saresh.

I'm guessing he wasn't calling the shots on Iokath. My assumption is that he was trying to gain induction into the Order of Crazy Mask People there as well, and was given orders to carry out. But I think he was a 3rd party, and things went sideways when Dorne or Quinn set off the charge and all hell breaks looks. I think the reaction of the opposing faction's leader was not expected at all, especially considering one was his father. If you do go Empire, Theron is given an awful choice...maintain his cover to make the Order happy, or defend the Commander...and he chose the latter. And then the throne...I don't know what to think. I'm not sure if the hooded figure was him or not, but clearly, the Commander's connection to the throne was interrupted before his/her mind turned to mush. Either way, I think Iokath was a huge bust on his part, and they gave him a second chance, which is what we see with Umbara.

Everything just adds up to undercover infiltration. It was all so coordinated. And then leaving the crystals behind, just so the Alliance has the resources to secure Iokath.

And Saresh is totally dead in every playthrough for me, lol.

Now you got me thinking... damn you :o As I am Sith and Sith have trouble to forgive ... a bit punishment must be. Putting beloved Theron in the same cell as Saresh for a week... how is that for punishment? Good or too harsh? :D

Now you got me thinking... damn you :o As I am Sith and Sith have trouble to forgive ... a bit punishment must be. Putting beloved Theron in the same cell as Saresh for a week... how is that for punishment? Good or too harsh? :D

A little harsh but a lot hilarious :D