Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, 5.2 Edition

vicadin

Let's assume that the new 5.6 augment values are +98 (instead of +96)...

Accuracy Options for GEMINI MK-5, Tier 4: Legendary (248 ilvl)

721 (-15) = 1 Enhancement & 5 Augments

730 (-6) = Accuracy Stim & 5 Augments

756 (+20) = 2 Enhancements & 3 Augments

765 (+29) = Accuracy Stim & 1 Enhancement & 3 Augments

Would 730 be the new standard, making accuracy enhancements obsolete?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 4.0 there are only Power and Defense Mods so there isn't any real choice there for the most part.

DPS and Healers should always use "unlettered" Power Mods (i.e. Lethal Mod 48 and NOT 48A or 48B). The lettered Mods either give you high Mastery (A) or high Endurance (B) and little Power. All purple and yellow pieces come with unlettered Mods.

For Tanks it looks a little different as Health/Endurance actually has relevance to what they do. While unlettered Warding Mods will give you the highest theoretical damage mitigation, Tanks suffer from lower health pools since Tank augments and relics don't offer any Endurance. Because of this some Tanks prefer to use either Lethal B and/or Warding B mods to increase their health pools to make spike damage more comfortable to deal with. Due to the very high total amount of defense stat, the Lethal B mods are also a strong option as the reduction in Defense has only a small effect on overall mitigation but the extra Power adds a nice amount of extra damage (and thus threat if that should be an issue).

Nice way around the endurance problem with the current tank gearing is to use 1 crafted 246 Relic of Shield Amplification. It does have the endurance instead of Mastery and adds around 3K to your HP. Also, I was once adviced by a good tank to drop the Relic of Fortunate Redoubt which gives the extra defence rating for 6s. Due to already having a load of defence from unlettered mods and BiS enhancements, we touch the issue of diminishing returns, e.g. having 1000 more defence points for 6s will not increase the mitigation in any meaningful way. Therefore, instead of the aforementioned defence relic, I was adviced to use the DPS/Healer power relic (Serendipitous Assault) to increase my Power (greater threat via greater damage) and as a byproduct gain en extra 3K endurance. I did go out and check the build in the Master (NiM) mode operation this week (we did S&V and I was on my Shadow tank 246/248 geared) and was swapping relics between the power and defence ones in every attempt and did not notice any significant deterioration of my mitigation. So, I used this on all my other class tanks and my Shadow/Assassin tank has 128K HP, whereas Guardian/Jugg are around 122K HP and VG/PT tanks around 120K HP. I am sticking to this solution, since I still get enought defence rating from unlettered mods and BiS enhancements, while I get almost 7-8K more HP from relics. One of my relics will always stay 246 (the crafted one), but I can live with that since spec difference between crafted 246 and BiS 248 relic is negligable.

And by the way, endurance build for tanks is questionable (I mean endurance/power augs, not the lettered mods build) and after our recent Master Mode (NiM) progression healers are complaining about our VG tank with endurance build being very squishy. The issue came out even this week during our Revan HM progression, where the VG tank has endurance augs and high shield rating (around 1850 points) and rather low absorb rating (around 1200). Same issue healers complain about losing HP very quickly, while pointing out they had no issue with healing my tank. So, in my opinion getting the extra HP from relics without sacrificing the primary stats by dropping shield/absorb augs is a reasonable good solution.

Edited by Szob

I think you are confusing skill and gearing here Szob, as a healer you are unlikely to notice a difference in DTPS on high mitigation vs high endurance on the tanks, in particular on any form of hard mode content, player skill, mechanic execution and cooldown usage are far more likely to be the factors here. Nobody is arguing that a defence stacking tank will take slightly less damage than a endurance stacking tank, and that is also the key point, with good healers, a tank won't die from consistent damage, he will die from spike damage, which you prevent with trading defence for endurance.

That said, now with 248 gear and new augments coming up, there is no way that how you gear at BiS level will have any significant impact on if you kill content or not, most of these devices and gearing setups were relevant when people still hadn't reached 242 and were sitting in a mix of 240 crafted stuff. So, whatever works for you is what you should continue rolling with.

Szob, one of the problems VG tanks face is that they don't have any true spike reducing cooldowns like assassins.

NIM mode fights usually have alot of damage that cant be shielded/defended ,so VGs get pounded by internal/elemental damage, due to no spike eating abilites and few defensives.

An assassin can shroud these big spike hits(taking 0 damage) and still run higher endurance without huge negatives

Reven uses mostly Internal damage for most of the fight if I remember right, and your healers may have to be better at

healing him.

Dps needs to not take unnecessary damage(not standing in stupid),as this will make it much harder to heal the tank.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a thread for the newest set of augments? You know, the ones that just dropped with 5.6?

I sent him a message reminding him that we the people, demand his new updated numbers. I also made fun of his favorite sports teams. So that should help speed the process up :)

I sent him a message reminding him that we the people, demand his new updated numbers. I also made fun of his favorite sports teams. So that should help speed the process up :)

New augments and the low (703) and high alacrity (1861) "break points".

With this elevated stat budget and a lower target for alacrity I'm am wondering if versatile augments are they way to go.

Since there have been quite a few changes to classes since these original numbers were done, can we get an updated DPS ranking? Between some classes getting nerfed, some buffed, and utility changes, I'd have to think the rankings listed aren't quite the same any longer. I'm honestly curious to see where my characters fall on that list now. Edited by NHBabe

Since there have been quite a few changes to classes since these original numbers were done, can we get an updated DPS ranking? Between some classes getting nerfed, some buffed, and utility changes, I'd have to think the rankings listed aren't quite the same any longer. I'm honestly curious to see where my characters fall on that list now.

I suggest you go to http://parsely.io/parser/stats for more accurate rankings.

a change in 28 points of tertiary isnt going to change much except how many accuracy augments/enhancements/stims you need. for tanks, you will likely want the same ratio between shield and absorb. for dps/heals, the extra tertiary, again, doesnt matter much, but the extra power will slightly change the optimal alacrity/crit balance, but doubtful it will be enough to switch a whole augment... but maybe, depending how close to optimal the quanta was before.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but am I to assume these numbers are including every possible datacron? I have my Guardian tank exactly as listed here and am only at 51% DR where this says I should be 75% and My Gunnery commando also with every piece as is listed here and the numbers show i'm missing over 200 crit? Am i missing something? I've looked over both with a fine tooth comb

Sorry was rushed: Edit to add Both my Guardian Tank and Gunnery Commando are full 248 gear with highest augments available.

Edited by Spyderwraith

Sorry, but am I to assume these numbers are including every possible datacron? I have my Guardian tank exactly as listed here and am only at 51% DR where this says I should be 75% and My Gunnery commando also with every piece as is listed here and the numbers show i'm missing over 200 crit? Am i missing something? I've looked over both with a fine tooth comb

Sorry was rushed: Edit to add Both my Guardian Tank and Gunnery Commando are full 248 gear with highest augments available.

The damage reduction is calculated based on theoretical boss attacks, it assumes you're using your DCDs properly, all your passives you get in combat, etc etc. And yes all datacrons are taken into account. The 1850 critical should be 6 enhancements x 231 = 1386, 2 augments x 96 = 192, 1 crystal x 41 = 41, accuracy stim which comes with 99 crit, and the two relics with 66 crit each = 132. Adds up to 1850. Hope that helps you figure it out.

The damage reduction is calculated based on theoretical boss attacks, it assumes you're using your DCDs properly, all your passives you get in combat, etc etc. And yes all datacrons are taken into account. The 1850 critical should be 6 enhancements x 231 = 1386, 2 augments x 96 = 192, 1 crystal x 41 = 41, accuracy stim which comes with 99 crit, and the two relics with 66 crit each = 132. Adds up to 1850. Hope that helps you figure it out.

Thanks, I've resolved the commando. And if you're saying the DR 75% numbers are based on passives in combat and DCD's and the correct usage of them, then my Guardian currently sits at 51.31% sitting on fleet doing nothing so I will assume as a "Standing doing nothing" DR is 51.31%

And I spent the last 2 days getting the remaining datacrons I was missing across both factions so I'm at 100% on those

Thanks, I've resolved the commando. And if you're saying the DR 75% numbers are based on passives in combat and DCD's and the correct usage of them, then my Guardian currently sits at 51.31% sitting on fleet doing nothing so I will assume as a "Standing doing nothing" DR is 51.31%

And I spent the last 2 days getting the remaining datacrons I was missing across both factions so I'm at 100% on those

The original 5.0 optimal stat edition is here, you can read how the tank reductions were calculated.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

I have a question, which is really nagging on me right now.

I just finished switching the enhancements etc. in my gear for my Madness Sorcerer (which is on 248).

Now I got into a discussion with some in my guild, where they say, that it is not needed to change any enhancements in my gear.

They told me, that I were wrong. But it is really confusing me.

Sorcerer - Madness || Sage - Balance

9520+-268 DPS @ 44.6 APM | 8673 Endurance | 6927 Mastery (1xC) | 3964 Power

1790 Critical (2xE, 11xA, 1xC) | 1617 Alacrity (7xE) | 759 Accuracy (1xE, 3xA, Stim)

https://gyazo.com/1a89209870f8511eeb44cf6f0e405611

For Example:"there should only be 1 Enhancement,Implant or Earpiece". But now I know exactly, there are 2 items, which give Accuracy. which are the shoes, and the gloves.

" 759 Accuracy (1xE, 3xA, Stim)". But it says only one. So I had to get another 248 item with either Crit or Alacrity to change that enhancement, like which is ever needed. I am still missing many Datacrons, but I got a few, the rest of those are only Endurance and Mastery.

So my current gear is like this right now:

Shoes(248 Accuracy)

+

3 Augments(Accuracy 228)

+

1 Stim(Accuracy 102)

Head,Chest,Gloves,Pants,Offhand and 2 implants(Alacrity 248)

Weapon and Earpiece (Crit 248)

+

9 Augments(Crit 228)

2 Augments(Crit 236)

+

Crystal in the weapon (Crit 136)

And at last 1 Mastery Crystal in the offhand at 136.

Am I really doing this wrong? I am sure, that it is accurate, the way I did it...

I apologise, if you might be confused about some parts, because I play the in german language and genuinely don't know the accurate spelling for everything!

Are there any threads keeping track of what you should have in terms of the new augments? This one doesn't seem to have been updated since last April.

Yea, some classes want 703+ ala and some want 1850+, the new augment readjust the number of ala pieces + augments slightly, but they are not more complicated than you can do the calculations yourself based on that information, although naturally you first need to find out which bracket you want to aim for.

1 Stim(Accuracy 102)

Not exactly sure what your question is but I noticed that you're wrong on the stim. If you use the proficient stim, that one has 240 accuracy and not 102. And crystals have a stat bonus of 41, not 136???

Edited by LA-Raider

Not exactly sure what your question is but I noticed that you're wrong on the stim. If you use the proficient stim, that one has 240 accuracy and not 102. And crystals have a stat bonus of 41, not 136???

He/she listed the item rating of the stim and crystal instead of the stat number given by them.

• 2 weeks later...
The question is, does anyone care to update it, or have they run to other games? Lol

I talked to Vic, who owns this now and he is having issues with the math at the moment from Bants formula. I offered him a cookie to look at it again. He "may" do it. It was a really good cookie.

• 1 month later...
I know I asked this a while ago, but since no one replied I'm asking again. Is there a guide for gearing the new gold augments? I've almost ground the matts I need & I don't want to mess things up -- thanks.