Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, 5.2 Edition

vicadin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to follow the 246 chart for Deception Assassin, But for some reason I seem to be off by 124 crit. Everything else lines up just right like the Alacrity and Acc. I would appreciate it if someone could help. I found the answer, I'm running the wrong Gemini relics the ones I'm running don't give the extra 62 crit that they should. Edited by dragonrage
Found solution

Tried to follow the 246 chart for Deception Assassin, But for some reason I seem to be off by 124 crit. Everything else lines up just right like the Alacrity and Acc. I would appreciate it if someone could help.

Are you using crafted 246 relics or the 246 relics from Tier 4 crates? The crafted relics have no crit, while the Tier 4 246 relics have 62 crit each, which would make up for your missing 124 crit.

I apologize for the delay however,

Holly Molly.

I am the only who should apologize. English is not my first language, so maybe, my message was a liittle too harsh ? Seriously, don't apologize. Your work is awesome and I can't thank you enough for it. Really.

My message was merely a naïve question because I was surprised there was not any stats update following the class update. That's all.

Thank you for your answer !

Thank you for confirming for everyone else that SIMULATIONS will never be as accurate as REAL WORLD.

”All models are wrong but some are useful.”

- George Box, Statistician

took the liberty of copy/paste from other thread :)

Also, my thought right now is to start a new forum post called "Optimal Stats for all 24 Disciplines, post 5.2 Edition" just to keep some of the old math and stats in place. Any thoughts?

Personally, and along the lines of what Bant did, I'd just update this thread with the new findings, and update the original post (like you did before) with an update date and note saying it's and update for X version. It's much easier to keep track of the changes in one thread (which people likely have bookmarked), rather than changing the thread for each minor version and having to track down which thread is the most current.

Just my 2 credits worth of input on the subject :rolleyes:

Personally, and along the lines of what Bant did, I'd just update this thread with the new findings, and update the original post (like you did before) with an update date and note saying it's and update for X version. It's much easier to keep track of the changes in one thread (which people likely have bookmarked), rather than changing the thread for each minor version and having to track down which thread is the most current.

Just my 2 credits worth of input on the subject :rolleyes:

I actually like having a new thread each time. Having to open a post called 5.2 numbers to view 5.3 numbers seems a little weird. Putting a post here saying the new numbers are up is fine I think.

Any chance of ever getting an optimal stats for PvP for all classes?

that is not really possible as in PvP you generally do not tunnel a target 24/7. Objectively the dps stats are the same, you just convert accuracy into mastery or power in a few classes that do not deal white damage (Concealment op, sorcs, some others). On the rest you run 104/105% accuracy still put rest in power/mastery.

that is not really possible as in PvP you generally do not tunnel a target 24/7. Objectively the dps stats are the same, you just convert accuracy into mastery or power in a few classes that do not deal white damage (Concealment op, sorcs, some others). On the rest you run 104/105% accuracy still put rest in power/mastery.

Not only that but optimal stats in PvP basically change constantly with the situation you're in and what opponents you face.

For example if you're attacking a node by yourself, alacrity doesn't do much good when you need to burst a defender down real quick and is generally rather useless in situations with much downtime. The higher your uptime gets when you move into a heavy zerg, the more useful it becomes.

For tanks it's even more complicated.

And regarding accuracy: It's mostly a preference thing, but be aware that most specs have a few additional % of defense passively in their tree. And apart from sorcs/opers basically every class has M/R attacks, some of wich are actually pretty hard hitters.

could you please explain me this assumption : "Energy/Force/Heat Regen is assumed to be at the maximum rate at all times. This was done as part of my sanity checking steps for evaluating a rotation. This is not used in the calculation steps, only for checking rotations."

what does it mean exactly? energy management is not part of the alacrity calculation?

• 2 weeks later...
question regarding operative medicine...

Operative - Medicine || Scoundrel - Sawbones

21348+-805 HPS @ 41.6 APM | 8673 Endurance | 7136 Mastery (Stim) | 4063 Power

2020 Critical (2xE, 14xA, 2xC) | 1848 Alacrity (8xE) | 0 Accuracy

what does (2xE, 14xA, 2xC) mean?

Gear Legend: E = Enhancement or Implant or Earpiece; A = Augment; C = Crystal

question regarding operative medicine...

Operative - Medicine || Scoundrel - Sawbones

21348+-805 HPS @ 41.6 APM | 8673 Endurance | 7136 Mastery (Stim) | 4063 Power

2020 Critical (2xE, 14xA, 2xC) | 1848 Alacrity (8xE) | 0 Accuracy

what does (2xE, 14xA, 2xC) mean?

2 enhancements, 14 augments, 2 colour crystals

• 3 weeks later...

Only thing I'd recommend changing is for fury, it heavily benefits from 1850 alacrity. Edit: It's because of the way the game rounds GCD's, 1850 alacrity will bring it from having 1.4s to 1.3s gcd's.

Also if you want to use the newer rotation for an updated simulation it is

(Berserk) Ravage > Raging Burst > Furious Strike > Filler > Obliterate > Battering Assault > Force Crush

Raging Burst > Furious Strike > Force Scream > Obliterate > Filler

The opener is literally just start with leap and move into that rotation and you can repeat it infinitely. It just needs at least 1850 alacrity for it to work without delaying abilities at all. The main difference between this rotation and the old one is that this removes one of the fillers completely, allowing you to go directly into the next raging burst.

Edited by shyroman

Only thing I'd recommend changing is for fury, it heavily benefits from 1850 alacrity. The interaction with the alacrity and the flat cd reduction from abilities allows it to sync up perfectly at 1850 alacrity, and what allows it to parse so high now compared to before where people were using lower alacrity. It won't show up in your simulations though because of an outdated rotation. Also if you want to use the newer rotation for an updated simulation it is

(Berserk) Ravage > Raging Burst > Furious Strike > Filler > Obliterate > Battering Assault > Force Crush

Raging Burst > Furious Strike > Force Scream > Obliterate > Filler

The opener is literally just start with leap and move into that rotation and you can repeat it infinitely. It just needs at least 1850 alacrity for it to work without delaying abilities at all. The main difference between this rotation and the old one is that this removes one of the fillers completely, allowing you to go directly into the next raging burst.

Why would I use 1850 alacrity ? Jeez...

I play fury in PVP and I need to kill someone fast. With alacrity of that ammount I only reduce the damage my hits do for the sake of speed.

Raging burst crits 18-17k instead of 22-20-24k which is quite a lot.

I prefer big hits to finish my target.

I will try the build though.

Alacrity is useless for me in PVP. The only stat that I benefit from is accuracy at 5%-10% because I don't miss.

So this must a PVE rotation also. will try it out too.

I open with bersker, leap, force, crush raging urst/raging burst force crush). Furious strike, ravage, oblitarate.

The reason I use force crush sometimes very early is because I want to prevent early stuns.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Why would I use 1850 alacrity ? Jeez...

I play fury in PVP and I need to kill someone fast. With alacrity of that ammount I only reduce the damage my hits do for the sake of speed.

Raging burst crits 18-17k instead of 22-20-24k which is quite a lot.

I prefer big hits to finish my target.

I will try the build though.

Alacrity is useless for me in PVP. The only stat that I benefit from is accuracy at 5%-10% because I don't miss.

So this must a PVE rotation also. will try it out too.

I open with bersker, leap, force, crush raging urst/raging burst force crush). Furious strike, ravage, oblitarate.

The reason I use force crush sometimes very early is because I want to prevent early stuns.

Because this is a pve thread? And there's no real rotation in pvp, thought it was obvious that my post was for pve.

• 2 weeks later...
At 1230 I'm still seeing a 1.3S GCD. Commando healer, not sure if I have any passive changing my alacrity in heal spec, I don't think so?

1850 isn't needed for a 1.3S GCD.

I forget if Mando healers have alacrity built into their spec, but the castbar rounds correctly (1.34 rounds to 1.3), so there's a range where the castbar and the actual gcd aren't the same.

I've checked, and for heal spec there isn't.

I'm trying to understand why you mention 1850 alacrity and a 1.3 second GCD when I see a 1.3 second GCD with much lower alacrity than 1850.

Maybe it's different for heal specs? Idk. I've tested it with every dps spec and I keep a 1.4s gcd until I reach 15.4% alacrity (really 1860 alacrity). Even in marksman, my snipes will will show a cast time of 1.3s but will actually be 1.4s when I look at my logs until I get the right amount of alacrity.