Make unassembled tokens legacywide

Darqu

People complain about CO2 level now, yet back in the day human ***** and urine ran through the streets of major cities.

Not to mention TV's used to be in black & white ....

Why is the scientific term for digestive waste product ... not the vulgar term mind you ... censored out? Yet urine is fine.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goes both ways... music use to be sang live with live instruments... now its all computer generated voice modded etc. ... doesnt meant its better now...

Apples and oranges again.

The big thing here you are not seeing is that TOR is not and has never been this grindy on gear. It has been bad before but never anything like this.

Not to mention just coming off a leveling event that forced you to level multiple alts in order to complete it. Then throws the grindiest thing into the game not allowing you to pay any/much attention to the alts you just created for the last event.

It is some of the most backwards thinking in MMO history I have ever saw... to top it off, no apologies for wasting people's time while rolling back on their obvious **** up.

What SWTOR has done is introduce new gear, raised the level cap and updated difficulty on OLD CONTENT. Again, new gear is not new content.

They need to come out with a real paid expansion with real *new* content.

Why is the scientific term for digestive waste product ... not the vulgar term mind you ... censored out? Yet urine is fine.

I want a urine colored crystal. I want to beat the p**s out of someone with it. :D

Absolutely agreed. I think they should be Legacy wide.

Gearing isn't why I play...I play to do things with the people I play with (PvP, Ops, FPs, Uprisings)...the more toons I can do that on (geared toons), the better imo. I don't think anyone quit this game over easier gearing during 4.0...the gear grind isn't what keeps us here, but the lack of decent gear does restrict how many toons I'm willing to do things on.

Gearing isn't why I play...I play to do things with the people I play with (PvP, Ops, FPs, Uprisings)...the more toons I can do that on (geared toons), the better imo. I don't think anyone quit this game over easier gearing during 4.0...the gear grind isn't what keeps us here, but the lack of decent gear does restrict how many toons I'm willing to do things on.

Define "geared". Are you talking about 220's, 228's, set bonus pieces , or fully augmented BIS?

Why do they have to be "geared" toons? It's not like there is much in this game this game requires BIS, or even 228's. And for the few parts that do require 228's or better, there is nothing wrong with gear progression and not being BIS within hours of hitting level cap.

Define "geared". Are you talking about 220's, 228's, set bonus pieces , or fully augmented BIS?

Why do they have to be "geared" toons?

Because I want to be. I'm bad enough at some specs that I don't need a gear hindrance as well.

No reason not to, but even if they did, the drop rate is so low that it'd still be an insane grind for gear. Even with 140ish from weekly and daily pvp quests, it still ends up being a lot of work (and ofc since i'm not getting paid to do this grind, no ty). Edited by ZeroTypeR

No reason not to, but even if they did, the drop rate is so low that it'd still be an insane grind for gear. Even with 140ish from weekly and daily pvp quests, it still ends up being a lot of work (and ofc since i'm not getting paid to do this grind, no ty).

If you choose not to "do the grind", as you put it, you don't have to "do the grind".

Expecting to be rewarded as if you had "done the grind" if you choose not to "do the grind" is a little unreasonable, though, IMO.

Because I want to be. I'm bad enough at some specs that I don't need a gear hindrance as well.

If you wish to be "geared", then you should be willing to put in the time on each toon, at least for the "left side" pieces.

We all know that mods can be moved between toons using legacy gear, and I am not advocating removing this functionality.

I meant components... FML

This game and its terminology is just made to confuse people!

Tokens components pieces - grindstuff

Ok let's try that again.

"Make Unassembled Components Legacywide"

As I said in another thread I don't see why not. And the Devs said they would look into this.

If you wish to be "geared", then you should be willing to put in the time on each toon, at least for the "left side" pieces.

We all know that mods can be moved between toons using legacy gear, and I am not advocating removing this functionality.

Why? Because you said so? I'm not asking for free gear, I'm asking that the work I put in on one toon benefit my other toons if needed. I play to have fun, not grind gear.

Why? Because you said so? I'm not asking for free gear, I'm asking that the work I put in on one toon benefit my other toons if needed. I play to have fun, not grind gear.

DING!! DING!! DING!!

"Let me be rewarded as if I had put forth the effort without actually having to put forth the effort".

If you're alt needs an earpiece, relic or implant and you choose to do OPS to get those items, you need to run those OPs with your alt, am I correct? Why should "left side" gear obtained via UC's be any different?

DING!! DING!! DING!!

"Let me be rewarded as if I had put forth the effort without actually having to put forth the effort".

If you're alt needs an earpiece, relic or implant and you choose to do OPS to get those items, you need to run those OPs with your alt, am I correct? Why should "left side" gear obtained via UC's be any different?

But why the artificial grind on each toon? I don't think they're advocating making the piece itself legacy, just the currency. If there is a cosmetic CM armor/weapon you want on a new ton, what is wrong with earning the credits on a level 70 and sending them to the alt?

You're still earning the credits, or already earned them, just on a different toon. If someone wants a 242 ear piece on a jugg tank, I would have no problem with them PVPing on a different toon to purchase it. They're still doing the work

If you choose not to "do the grind", as you put it, you don't have to "do the grind".

Expecting to be rewarded as if you had "done the grind" if you choose not to "do the grind" is a little unreasonable, though, IMO.

Haha nice one.

Well, one would have to 'do the grind' to understand how 'grindy' it is, although I stopped 'my grind' at 230. But no, I wouldn't expect a reward for anything I haven't earned (in this case grinded to get), however I will only continue this 'grind', if the 'grind' is more reasonable.

Yes, unassembled should be legacywide, and they seem to be looking into that. Alts will gain a little more relevance with that. Command level and rank should be legacywide also. So all your chars would be the same command level. That doesn't mean make it extremely hard to get to each level, it should be the same as it is now, but at least then your alts can start gearing higher tier right away. That's seems to me to be the whole reason for legacy anyhow, to allow the gains of a main give a speed-up of sorts to the alts when you do the same on them. It is to eliminate the repetitive boring stuff you need to do over and over and over when you have multiple characters.

Also, low level activities should gain command xp also. Very similar to the genious of the 4.0 pvp comms system.

yup...pretty much this...thank you sir.

DING!! DING!! DING!!

You don't seem to understand, the effort is still being put forth, hence the reward. Playing alts was fun in 4.0, something I had NEVER thought prior to it. I haven't touched them in 5.0. During 4.0 I played more, played longer and did more because gear wasn't holding me back. I learned classes I never thought I'd play and had fun playing them.

Gear grind has the opposite affect for many dedicated pvpers, it stops us playing more and drives us away. Bioware just don't understand pvpers at all.

Yea, I have to agree with this. The things people complain about now were a given back in the EQ/early WoW/L2/AO/DAoC days. Gearing was difficult and random, and required a tremendous amount of time and effort. Now it seems everyone wants their gear handed to them for logging in, and will pitch a vicious fit every day on the forums until that happens.

Ok, imagine you have 3 jobs but you can't spend all the money earned because in the other 2 jobs they pay you with made up currency that you can only spend at their place.

It's bad example but when you play an alt and earn tokens you do spend the time and effort to gain them.

But you're artificially forbidden to trade those tokens to your main/alt.

And what's the benefit of having an all 242 char? What do you do with the tokens, that are now more likely to be earned quicker? Do you even PvP anymore, you don't need the tokens anymore.

Ok, imagine you have 3 jobs but you can't spend all the money earned because in the other 2 jobs they pay you with made up currency that you can only spend at their place.

It's bad example

Yes, it is.

I don't know the answer to this problem, but to be honest I do the same thing on my ships in GSF, so I probably shouldn't comment on this anymore. I'm all for legacy wide unassembled components now.

Yea, I have to agree with this. The things people complain about now were a given back in the EQ/early WoW/L2/AO/DAoC days. Gearing was difficult and random, and required a tremendous amount of time and effort. Now it seems everyone wants their gear handed to them for logging in, and will pitch a vicious fit every day on the forums until that happens.

Back in those days, one toon per subscription was the "norm"...maybe two. Today, 20 alts is not unusual at all in this game. I feel like you're comparing apples to oranges.

Nobody (and I mean not ONE person), has asked for gear to just be thrown at them...we're asking that we be allowed to play our main toons and still benefit alts with gear/comms/shells that we rightfully earn by playing the games content. It's not as illogical as you make it seem.

Back in those days, one toon per subscription was the "norm"...maybe two. Today, 20 alts is not unusual at all in this game. I feel like you're comparing apples to oranges.

Nobody (and I mean not ONE person), has asked for gear to just be thrown at them...we're asking that we be allowed to play our main toons and still benefit alts with gear/comms/shells that we rightfully earn by playing the games content. It's not as illogical as you make it seem.

Johnny can play his main and provide a lot of benefit to his alt with regards to gear using legacy gear, but that does not mean that he should be able to fully BIS gear that alt using only his fully augmented, BIS geared main.

Using legacy gear, Johnny can play his BIS geared main and transfer mods to his alt to get that alt to a sufficient gear level that the alt will not be at a huge disadvantage when it is time to finish out the "left side" gearing.