Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2

EricMusco

Whats the chance of getting Unassembled Components in more places than just PVP/GSF?

It doesn't have to be OPS as that is where specific gear comes from but even if adding a few to dailies or weekly missions allowing and playing off the "do any content" for gear. This would at a slower pace, allow those that do GC specifically for gear to upgrade pieces they do get but slower.

Allowing multiple avenues for every gamer the option to eventually upgrade gear they do happen to get. Be it from PVP, group PVE or solo PVE or CXP GC crates.

Given PVP/GSF are not something everyone cares for (just like OPS), It would be an incentive to many to continue to do dailies and continue to hit daily areas well after maxing rep or finding only the best CXP avenues for their time which is a issue. (fractured and chapter 1 & 2 spamming). A reason to hit the other less desirable content that might give less CXP but now gives 2 or so Unassembled Components.

Get more back into those areas.

Thank you for this post.

And, I still think downing bosses in master flashpoints like Lost Island, Rishi, Blood Hunt, etc should drop 236 gear or so.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respectfully, you didn't seem to even slightly care about this three months ago. Why the change of heart?
A 6th Uprising was added to the expansion ...

6 Asses on the Line

• 6.1 Veteran Rebellion
  • 6.2 Disney Takes Notice
  • 6.3 EA Gets a Chewing
  • 6.4 Bioware Issued an Ultimatum
  • 6.5 Return of the MMO: A New Hope

Edited by GalacticKegger

Thank you for this post.

And, I still think downing bosses in master flashpoints like Lost Island, Rishi, Blood Hunt, etc should drop 236 gear or so.

Given the RNG crates and how gear is changing from them. I could see a better return of Unassembled components coming from those dailies or weeklies Instead of specific gear.

The better loot drops from GC might cover gear but give more options to upgrade other than PVP/GSF might be a nice perk for some of the content gamers just don't hit all that much anymore.

Edited by Quraswren

Please reduce the drops from EV and KP. The difficulty of hose two operations is a joke, especially for HM raiders. Otherwise, we will have the same problem as 4.0 -- easy, quick gearing.

Everything else looks great!

Only up to 236 gear which is fine and it's not all pieces (no MH, relic, implant, or head). Getting to Tier 4 still requires Master Mode or the new Vet Tyth and beyond (or RNG crates). Nobody pugs anything HM except EV/KP now anyway, so that won't change.

Edited by bdatt

Please reduce the drops from EV and KP. The difficulty of hose two operations is a joke, especially for HM raiders. Otherwise, we will have the same problem as 4.0 -- easy, quick gearing.

Perhaps they should increase EV's and KP's difficulty to merit the drops instead of nerfing them? Edited by GalacticKegger

Only up to 236 gear which is fine. Getting to Tier 4 still requires Master Mode or the new Vet Tyth and beyond (or RNG crates). Nobody pugs anything HM except EV/KP now anyway, so that won't change.

Agreed, plus I doubt any gamers left this game because they got gear to qucikly with how much gamers love ALTs here.

Gearing to fast was never the problem. Little to no new content is and that is still a problem today.

Thank you for listening and for making these changes; they are most welcome indeed!

However, Eric your reply to Marmieej's question

What about Operation Boss that do not have Master Mode (i.e. EV/KP)?

was

They will drop Tier 3 gear!

which worries me slightly.

What does this mean for Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice? I do hope you are continuing to distinguish them from the other operations in terms of gear drops (i.e. SM will drop T3, HM drops T4 artifact, rather than SM dropping T2 and HM T3).

Please could you clarify specifically which tier Rav/ToS will drop?

Edited by Azreail

Just a couple logistical points/questions: Tier 4 Legendary bracers and belt are currently unavailable in-game except for purchase with UC (and crates drops, but whatever).

I haven't raided at all since pre-4.0, but I haven't seen anyone selling Master clears which makes me think the Master Modes are legit and can't be 7-manned right now. Which begs the question of why they limited legendary drops to last bosses if people can just go buy the stuff with comms. Or will tier 4 vendors will sell purples and BiS will go back to being NiM only? <---Pls this.

Giving blues a set bonus in tier 4 was a good step. Make sure they have optimized mods, too, please--in short, assure that blue Tier 4 is ACTUALLY an upgrade from legendary Tier 3.

Crafting. I'm assuming the current tanking meta for Maser modes (assuming that even exists) is to get crafted 240 high-endurance mods and enhancements with as good an armoring as you can get. Will purple Tier 4 be craftable?

Agreed, plus I doubt any gamers left this game because they got gear to qucikly with how much gamers love ALTs here.

Gearing to fast was never the problem. Little to no new content is and that is still a problem today.

*nods*

I quit from 4.0-5.1 due to no new content. The High Priority Op with 224 mainhands from Soa wasn't great but that was secondary to no new operation in the works.

Hey folks,

Eric, today's posts are EXCEPTIONAL and VERY VERY welcomed...so THANK YOU!!! The plan for 5.2 is nearly perfect imo...well done!!!

But...we still have a bit of a gearing issue with PvP. Is there any chance that may get resolved in 5.2 as well, like more components?

Easy gear devalues the gear.

I disagree.

Easy gear in this game means I get to play more of my alts and different toons.

In 4.0, just because we got easy gear didn't cause me to leave the game. IT made me play more and hit more ALTs hitting more OPS/FP etc..... With those better than average geared ALTs. What was left of our guild continued to run and get gear that entire expansion.

Gear wasn't devalued as we still wanted sets for alts. IT made running with others so much more enjoyable because if they were not always geared well, we could at many times compensate.

No new content however is what drove gamers away. That is detrimental to any MMO so much more than any fast gearing could do.

You could hand out gear on free platter and watch many gamers still not complete content and they would still stick around in game and play.

Hand out free gear and have no new content to play and watch the numbers dive just like what happened here.

Eric, today's posts are EXCEPTIONAL and VERY VERY welcomed...so THANK YOU!!! The plan for 5.2 is nearly perfect imo...well done!!!

But...we still have a bit of a gearing issue with PvP. Is there any chance that may get resolved in 5.2 as well, like more components?

This comment is, as TUX's comments usually are, an example of why these forums need a like button.

You are absolutely right!

I disagree.

Exactly!!! It hurts crafting of some stuff, but explodes it in other areas. This means rather than one DPS suit for my Mandos and Merc, I now need everything for my Sage's and Sorcs, and my Sent and Mara. More implants, more relics, more MK-10 kits, more augments...I'm going broke just thinking about it...:D

Hey folks,

If you haven’t read it yet, we recommend you head over to the “Tier 4 in Game Update 5.2” thread and learn about the new Tier of gear coming next Update. Along with the new Tier of gear, we are making quite a few changes to what gear drops in Operations. For endgame PvE players we know there is a desire to gear primarily through Operations.

The first change we are making is specific Unassembled Gear Pieces will now drop on each Operation boss in the game (except Golden Fury and Colossal Monolith). This means when you kill a boss in an Operation, you will know exactly what is going to drop and you can plan to run specific Operations if you are seeking a specific slot. Click the spoiler tag(s) at the bottom of the post for a full list of what drops where.

The second change is bosses will no longer have a random chance to drop Unassembled Gear Pieces. Each boss in an 8-player Operation will drop 1 piece and the last boss will drop 2; this number is doubled to 2 and 4 respectively in 16-player. Previously with Game Update 5.1, each boss except for the last boss only had a chance of dropping gear pieces.

The third change is with the introduction of a new Tier (Tier 4), we needed to ensure Operation players had a way to acquire this gear directly. This is especially true since Tier 4 will help substantially in being able to clear Veteran Mode Tyth along with future Gods from the Machine bosses, and all other Master Mode bosses. Here is a basic breakdown of where the gear will drop:

For existing Operations (Tier 1 will no longer drop in Operations)

• Tier 2 Legendary Gear - Story Mode
  • Tier 3 Legendary Gear – Veteran Mode
  • Tier 4 Prototype and Artifact Gear – Master Mode (Non-final bosses)
  • Tier 4 Legendary Gear – Master Mode (Final bosses)

For Gods from the Machine Operations:

• Tier 3 – Story Mode
  • Tier 4 – Veteran Mode

As you can see there a lot of changes with Operation gear drops in 5.2! Let us know your thoughts on these changes.

-eric

Below is a list of each Operation and what drops from each boss – note that this work is still in-progress and details may change before the release of Update 5.2:

Eternity Vault

• Annihilation Droid XRR-3 – Belt
  • Gharj – Gloves
  • Ancient Pylons – Earpiece
  • Infernal Council – Boots
  • Soa – Offhand

Karagga’s Palace

• Bonethrasher - Bracers
  • Jarg & Sorno - Boots
  • Foreman Crusher - Earpiece
  • G4-B3 Fabricator - Legs
  • Karagga – Chest

Explosive Conflict

• Zorn & Toth – Implant
  • Firebrand & Stormcaller – Relic
  • Colonel Vargath – Helm
  • Warlord Kephess – Chest
    • Implant in Master Mode

Terror From Beyond

• Writhing Horror – Belt
  • The Dread Guard – Relic
  • Operator IX – Helm
  • Kephess – Implant
  • Terror From Beyond – Offhand
    • Legs in Master Mode

Scum and Villainy

• Dash’roode – Bracers
  • TITAN 6 – Gloves
  • Thrasher – Implant
  • Operations Chief – Legs
  • Olok the Shadow – Relic
  • Cartel Warlords – Chest
  • Dread Master Styrak – Mainhand
    • Boots in Master Mode

The Dread Fortress

• Nefra - Belt
  • Draxus – Gloves
  • Grob’thok – Earpiece
  • Corruptor Zero - Legs
  • Brontes - Offhand
    • Gloves in Master Mode

The Dread Palace

• Bestia – Bracer
  • Tyrans – Boots
  • Calphayrus – Helm
  • Raptus – Relic
  • Dread Council – Chest
    • Earpiece in Master Mode

The Ravagers

• Sparky - Belt
  • Quartermaster Bulo – Boots
  • Torque – Earpiece
  • Master and Blaster – Legs
  • Coratanni – Mainhand

Temple of Sacrifice

• Malaphar – Bracers
  • Sword Squadron – Gloves
  • Underlurker – Helm
  • Revanite Commanders – Implant
  • Revan – Mainhand

Golden Fury and Colossal Monolith

• Chance to drop any slot

The Gods from the Machine

• Tyth - Relic

Here is a list of each gear slot and what bosses drop it:

Ear

• Ancient Pylons – Eternity Vault
  • Foreman Crusher – Karagga’s Palace
  • Dread Fortress – Grob’thok
  • Torque – Ravagers

Implant

• Zorn & Toth – Explosive Conflict
  • Kephess – Terror From Beyond
  • Thrasher – Scum and Villainy
  • Revanite Commanders – Temple of Sacrifice

Bracers

• Bonethrasher – Karagga’s Palace
  • Dash’roode – Scum and Villainy
  • Bestia – Dread Palace
  • Malaphar – Temple of Sacrifice

Belt

• Annihilation Droid – Eternity Vault
  • Writhing Horror – Terror From Beyond
  • Nefra – Dread Fortress
  • Sparky – Ravagers

Relics

• The Dread Guard – Terror From Beyond
  • Firebrand & Stormcaller – Explosive Conflict
  • Olok – Scum and Villainy
  • Raptus – Dread Palace
  • Tyth – The Gods from the Machine

Helm

• Colonel Vorgath – Explosive Conflict
  • Operator IX – Terror From Beyond
  • Calphayus – Dread Palace
  • Underlurker – Temple of Sacrifice

Chest

• Karagga – Karagga’s Palace
  • Kephess – Explosive Conflict
  • Warlords – Scum and Villainy
  • The Dread Council – Dread Palace

Gloves

• Gharj – Eternity Vault
  • TITAN 6 – Scum and Villainy
  • Draxus – Dread Palace
  • Sword Squadron – Temple of Sacrifice

Legs

• Fabricator – Karagga’s Palace
  • Operation Chief – Scum and Villainy
  • Corruptor Zero – Dread Fortress
  • Master & Blaster – Ravagers

Boots

• Jarg & Sorno – Karagga’s Palace
  • Infernal Council – Eternity Vault
  • Tyrans – Dread Palace
  • Bulo - Ravagers

Mainhand

• Revan – Temple of Sacrifice
  • Styrak – Scum and Villainy
  • Coratanni – Ravagers

Offhand

• Terror From Beyond – Terror From Beyond
  • Brontes – Dread Fortress
  • Soa – Eternity Vault

All tokens

• Golden Fury and Colossal Monolith

Eric could u guys please add 'trash gear pieces' to the drops. And by this like we had in the past which dropped the high endurance low mitigation mods/enhancements. Occasionally a BIS enhancement here and there. I.E.: DF DP NIM loot table.

PS: We would like shield mods and absorb mods and shield absorb enhancements back also :)

I disagree.

In 4.0, just because we got easy gear didn't cause me to leave the game. IT made me play more and hit more ALTs hitting more OPS/FP etc..... With those better than average geared ALTs. What was left of our guild continued to run and get gear that entire expansion.

Gear wasn't devalued as we still wanted sets for alts. IT made running with others so much more enjoyable because if they were not always geared well, we could at many times compensate.

No new content however is what drove gamers away. That is detrimental to any MMO so much more than any fast gearing could do.

You could hand out gear on free platter and watch many gamers still not complete content and they would still stick around in game and play.

Hand out free gear and have no new content to play and watch the numbers dive just like what happened here.

Easy gear and lack of group content made me burn out faster in 4.x. I think by end of August I had seen a huge decline in raid guild population (my perspective, maybe not yours). You want easy gear now, but what will you do in 5 months when the difficulty of the game stays the same while your gear continually improves? Tier 5 gear will be god-mode for bads. Actual fight mechanics will be thrown out the window. "Use a DCD and heal through it!"

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

It's really nice to see the game slowly become raider friendly again. My only worry is that it'll stop... again...:(

What I'm trying to say is I'm grateful for these changes and I hope you guys keep taking positive steps towards rebuilding your raiding community.

Edited by Radzkie

What I'm trying to say is I'm grateful for these changes and I hope you guys keep taking positive steps towards rebuilding your raiding community.

Agreed. Looking forward to these and the other announced changes

What's your problem? Why is easy, quick gearing a problem? Unless you can't stand seeing other people get the gear they want? This seems to be not just jealousy but the basest desire to deny other people what they want. You should look into yourself, there's a serious character flaw here that might be extending into your real life.

well, about time? Had 5.0 been this way from the start, with a new operation in the making announced with its launch, we (players and devs alike I suspect) would have all been spared a lot of grief. Nevertheless, great news, thank you.

Thanks Dev. team for listening to your customers. This change along with new Ops has me hitting the Re-Sub button. I could not be happier right now....unless you drop two new complete Ops tomorrow, wink wink.

The first change we are making is specific Unassembled Gear Pieces will now drop on each Operation boss in the game

Youre making it sound as if it were a revolutionary idea :D

Edited by merovejec