Changes to Operation Drops in 5.2

EricMusco

Why are so many people opposed to easy gearing? I think the gist of another recent request was asking if the set-bonus armoring could be BoP and disallowed from Legacy gear? If a group of players want to gear up with EV and KP, what business is it of yours?

TBH, I wouldn't want people running the harder ops with me solely out of "obligation" to get the best gear. If they're content to run EV and KP, let 'em. There are still people willing to run Rav and ToS for the sheer pleasure of running those ops, and they're the ones I'd rather run with, anyway.

Yall just lookin' to punish people for not wanting to run harder ops with you? So because they won't play on your court, you have to take their ball away? They take nothing from you in gearing up solely with EV/KP - why do you want to take away from them?

Risk vs reward. EZ = boring. I'm not trying to take away your guns, man.

You don't think I farm EV KP? I was there in 4.x for the EZ cheese broken Soa farming and 4-man EV groups.

EDIT: Nvm, I'm changing my point of view. I now support EV KP Farms because of this guy:

You want the people to stop raiding completely???

Its needed for Bioware to show off metrics that people do ops, so please keep such suggestions to your self!

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much sums up that the past few months have been a complete waste of time as you've gone back to the old system in which everyone has been asking for.

Clearly somethings bad happening with the subscriber numbers if you're having to return to the older system, but you're too afraid to admit that the command drop system was a huge mistake.

They were hoping the playerbase was more open to doing non-operation content. And who knows, maybe some raiders got into PvP/GSF because of it.

Risk vs reward. EZ = boring. I'm not trying to take away your guns, man.

You don't think I farm EV KP? I was there in 4.x for the EZ cheese broken Soa farming and 4-man EV groups.

EDIT: Nvm, I'm changing my point of view. I now support EV KP Farms because of this guy:

I'm glad you changed your PoV, but really, if someone wants to watch paint dry, that's their business. You don't have to watch it with them : )

The saddest part is that some probably got into other MMOs content because of it.

I was in WoW for a month till i heard that we were getting a new operation and they were bringing back token gear. I came back, kept complaining with evidence that the token drops were too low of odds for operations. Now each ops boss in 5.2 will drop 1 piece of gear and 2 on the final boss. This will bring alot of raiders back.

Also note id rather have a new operation brought to us in pieces by boss by boss instead of no operation at all. Hopefully this will get rid of any bugs along the way. :D

They were hoping the playerbase was more open to doing non-operation content. And who knows, maybe some raiders got into PvP/GSF because of it.

Well that's an idiotic notion. If they had simply kept operation gearing the same and added GC as an extra way to gain rewards for doing other content, they might have succeeded. But to make a system that's unrewarding no matter what you do was a rather ******* thing to do if you ask me. If you set a goal, be smart enough to take actions that actually can get you there. They've had ample warning from a big chunk of the player base already before 5.0 hit. It wasn't rocket science to figure out that this wasn't going to work.

So great, some players may do GSF now at the cost of a part of the player base. There is no solid master plan in there you know.

They should've started it in a way that is close to what 5.2 will do so that people could be interested instead of being frustrated into something. It's the vital difference between push and pull. People are more happy when they are enticed to go a certain way rather than forced away from where they are...especilly with abysmal drop rates as a reward.

Seriously, if that was their idea, they couldn't have come up with a worse way of implementing it.

Why are so many people opposed to easy gearing? I think the gist of another recent request was asking if the set-bonus armoring could be BoP and disallowed from Legacy gear? If a group of players want to gear up with EV and KP, what business is it of yours?

Must be a psychological disorder. Get happiness not through getting things they want, but through seeing that other people don't get what they want.

Other times I think it is just middle-school level contrariness; getting a sense of importance by opposing what other people say for the sake of opposing it. It just gives them a sense of identity that they otherwise lack.

I've seen both of the above in fully-grown adults that are quite normal in other ways. Those that I see on forums, I add to my Ignore list. The GC and gearing discussion over the last few weeks has ballooned m Ignore list.

Must be a psychological disorder. Get happiness not through getting things they want, but through seeing that other people don't get what they want.

Other times I think it is just middle-school level contrariness; getting a sense of importance by opposing what other people say for the sake of opposing it. It just gives them a sense of identity that they otherwise lack.

I've seen both of the above in fully-grown adults that are quite normal in other ways. Those that I see on forums, I add to my Ignore list. The GC and gearing discussion over the last few weeks has ballooned m Ignore list.

Ah, yeah, schadenfreude hadn't really occurred to me. Both your explanations are, unfortunately, totally believable.

Defiantly a step in the right direction with guaranteed specific slot drops

Hmm, this sounds like the old loot system to me.

Didnt Bioware say that that was far too COMPICATED for players to understand?

Thats why they implemented the CXP system.

Much easier................

Hmm, this sounds like the old loot system to me.

Didnt Bioware say that that was far too COMPICATED for players to understand?

Thats why they implemented the CXP system.

Much easier................

It's very much like the old system minus the data crystals and minus priority ops...but plus unassembled components and plus command tokens and plus gear tiers within gear tiers (we currently have 5 tiers of optimised gear - 230, 234, 236, 240 and 242. And we have even more tiers of green and blue gear sets that also overlap stat wise, and crafted gear schematics that are optimised and static gear that is not optimised).

Even at 5.0 I didn't see how the new gearing system was easier. It was horribly convoluted and still is in that sense. Do mind that we are losing tier 1 gear and getting tier 4 gear which has 2 tiers of set bonus gear within it, so in fact we are going towards 6 gear tiers instead of 5. I really do not get why they make so many tiers AND added different colour gradations in combination with a RNG reward system that makes it pretty much impossible to get a set of gear together before going to the next main tier. It really isn't thought through. At least the boss drops are clear again and that actually makes things easier again.

I am going to venture a guess to say that tier 4 gear will not be craftable also, maybe the blue level gear without set bonuses but at least tier 4 will give you set bonuses. Just strange that we go through getting purple and gold gear and then start with blue again.

I have a feeling though it may be worth getting a set of blue gear together in tier 4 if it means less repair costs. I wonder what the BiS gear will be ...will it be purple or gold? I'm very happy with the 5.2 changes but there's still a lot of confusing things in how they handle the colour grades in this expansion.

Too little, too late. Not enought excuses to make me resub again, because there is no more trust unfortunately. The only way maybe is to remove GC completely and go back to the old good system. not only with tokens. And bring some apologies to players base, yes.

This game in it's current state is NOT 'exiting' at all, and all those 'fixes' makes it look even more silly.

Too little, too late. Not enought excuses to make me resub again, because there is no more trust unfortunately. The only way maybe is to remove GC completely and go back to the old good system. not only with tokens. And bring some apologies to players base, yes.

This game in it's current state is NOT 'exiting' at all, and all those 'fixes' makes it look even more silly.

Well things change and GC for casual players that would never do pvp/ops now have the chance to get some of the gear so they can advance in some of the adventure they choose. GC is here to stay so I guess your another player that's going good luck.

Now if you do Operations you have nothing to complain about in 5.2 because it's back to business for drops

Edited by fushnchips

IF this is what is going to be done with OPS then WZ and GSF will have to continue to do 250% cxp just to keep up with how fast you can get gear in ops. I can spend an entire Saturday pvp'ing and maybe get 1 drop. If I spent an entire Saturday running Ops I am going to have 2 to 3 pieces. Either keep pvp boosted or give out pvp gear again.

w

Ah, yeah, schadenfreude hadn't really occurred to me. Both your explanations are, unfortunately, totally believable.

You two are in your own little world. Why do you think this is an attack on other people when it will affect even ourselves that are calling for the nerf of EV/KP loot? You don't think me and the others farm EV/ KP also?

It's about loot balance. Risk vs reward. If anyone has a psychological disorder it's folks that think everything should come easy and cheap.

You two are in your own little world. Why do you think this is an attack on other people when it will affect even ourselves that are calling for the nerf of EV/KP loot? You don't think me and the others farm EV/ KP also?

It's about loot balance. Risk vs reward. If anyone has a psychological disorder it's folks that think everything should come easy and cheap.

Risk v. Reward is not a universal constant. It's also not a constant in the world of gaming. It's certainly not cause to try and gimp the loot tables for the poor bastards that aren't fit for other ops.

Risk v. Reward is not a universal constant. It's also not a constant in the world of gaming. It's certainly not cause to try and gimp the loot tables for the poor bastards that aren't fit for other ops.

Shhhhh... or you might be labeled an elitist!

I already addressed you claiming this wasn't purely an elitist sentiment here on the other thread regarding EV and KP HM loot drops. You admitted you were addressing this from an elitist standpoint. Good job trying to pivot though.

:rak_03:

Edited by AscendingSky

Is there any plan to change the tuning/difficulty of the current operations in response to the higher gear they will drop?

Yes good question (i asked it too somewhere but cant remember where). Will you optimize bosses for new gear?

Another one for the Ignore list

Maybe it's good for you to finally get NiM achievements. But for rest of us... Not so much.

Players will start to require certain gear level from everyone else which would put some of us below the line blocking us from completing story mode operations. For example I can already see "you're undergeared (mostly 234/236/240 with one 242 and few 230 armorings) for TfB SM" in the future.

IF this is what is going to be done with OPS then WZ and GSF will have to continue to do 250% cxp just to keep up with how fast you can get gear in ops. I can spend an entire Saturday pvp'ing and maybe get 1 drop. If I spent an entire Saturday running Ops I am going to have 2 to 3 pieces. Either keep pvp boosted or give out pvp gear again.

w

You have bolster, we don't.

We have repairs you don't.

You get stuff if you lose, we don't.

Edit: Not to mention raiders actually have to kill stuff while you guys can afk in a corner or on your ship and get the same tier of endgame gear.

Edited by Xcurtx

Maybe it's good for you to finally get NiM achievements. But for rest of us... Not so much.

Players will start to require certain gear level from everyone else which would put some of us below the line blocking us from completing story mode operations. For example I can already see "you're undergeared (mostly 234/236/240 with one 242 and few 230 armorings) for TfB SM" in the future.

So join a guild or find some friends. I wouldn't want to run with such people, anyway. They tend to actually suck, getting carried by their gear and assuming everybody else does, too.

Edit: Not to mention raiders actually have to kill stuff while you guys can afk in a corner or on your ship and get the same tier of endgame gear.

Doesn't GSF kick AFKers? I know you get that ominous "You're not contributing" message if you just sit there...

I learned this because I suck, not because I deliberately AFK'd : (

Doesn't GSF kick AFKers? I know you get that ominous "You're not contributing" message if you just sit there...

(

It does indeed give you a warning on screen, but it will never kick you. (I did test as i couldn't believe such a thing when i was told)

In GSF if you get 0 medals you get 0 CXP, 0 ship and fleet req, and 0 UC's

wrong u get unassembled components no matter what. go try.

Edit: PICTURE

I saved you some time so i went in a match and took a screenshot. (pay attention to chat)

Not only you do get unassembled components (4 for loss 10 for win) in GSF while doing absolutely nothing, you also get command experience. The only thing you do not get is your ship upgrade currency.

So let's see that makes 2 out of your 3 facts wrong. Maybe next time test it before you present others with your made up facts?

Edit2: To further elaborate i entered the match waited for the spawn, flew into a rock re-spawned and hid behind the spawn ship. After that i went out to the kitchen made some instant-Ramen soup then returned to the computer to take the screenshot. Whole process took less than a minute of my attention span.

Edited by Xcurtx