Bioware leaving their players in the DARK.

creampai

It seems there are no community liasions from Bioware or at least that is the feel of the forums.

The droids whilst I can see BW's reasoning it just makes responses seem devoid of touching with the community. Even if it was Droid-James it would seem more in touch with the community knowing that there's a person behind the name instead of what we currently have where the "droid" just triggers an automatic sense of the posting being automated and generic :(

BW needs to bring in people to the forums to converse with the customers and maybe even recruit some customers as moderators or ambassadors like other games in the past have done

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, this is your fanbase and playerbase talking. Are you out there? crickets?

Please let us know you are listening.

I hope to God all mighty they aren't listening.

The worst move they could do is listen to 75% of the idiots who post here.

To be honest, when a company decided to release content at Christmas that means there can cope with it. This is not a free product.

One said that they released a medium sized patch. What are you referring to?

My guess is that most of the people that do not care to have a mediocre paying service, are either rich themselves or simply someone else paying for it.

Of course they should communicate with their customers. There are people that are on the fence here. One might wait for specific things before she cancels or continue to pay. You can't say to people "wait and see while we charge you"! Tell the people what are you going to do with the major problems (the really big ones) so that people can decide what to do. This is fair I think. Once more. This is NOT A FREE service.

Hello, this is your fanbase and playerbase talking. Are you out there? crickets?

its you trolling again.. hit the main page on teh forums.. I feel communication has been very good, making you aware of all upcoming updates etc..etc..

To be honest, when a company decided to release content at Christmas that means there can cope with it. This is not a free product.

My guess is that most of the people that do not care to have a mediocre paying service, are either rich themselves or simply someone else paying for it.

It's christmas, i bet if you worked you would take time off at christmas to see your family or freinds, i know i did(admittedly didn't get it cause they overed me triple pay to cover someone). But everyone in there right mind try's to get time off at christmas, oiously not everyone can take time off and judging by the dev responses, the hot-fixes and the med patch im going to suggest that there are still alot of the devs who are still working over christmas, which means whilst you've been sitting at your computer with little to no work they've been working hard to try and keep the community happy and get out fixes.

I also believe the dev-customer communication is just fine. its one of the better ive seen in my list of mmo launches.

o and i think there doing just fine and im not rich, im also paying for it myself. im a 17 year old college student who goes to college comes home does college work then goes to work at 8pm and get back at 4am then the cycle repeats itself. Yes im not poor, ive got a good job. but im definatley not rich.

I do not think BW expected so many people upset about their game honestly, I think they are a bit overwhelmed currently.

They know the difference between 12 year old kids spewing junk and the people sending in bug reports to actually do something constructive. Also "many" of these so called people are the "same" people posting over and over. Get over it already

They know the difference between 12 year old kids spewing junk and the people sending in bug reports to actually do something constructive. Also "many" of these so called people are the "same" people posting over and over. Get over it already

Spoken like a little kid. A spoiled one.

The communication from the developers is really the worst I have seen in an MMO so far.

There is a ton of threads regarding slicing in the crew section, one with over a thousand posts- lots of suggestions/complains on the general board, good suggestions on the PvP board and a total of what, 2 dev/community posts for a whole day?

Not even one comment from BW regarding all the patch changes.

If that doesn't imrpove I doubt that many people will stick around for long, no matter how good the game is or could be.

Lol, hyperbole much?

The game just came out. It's already been patched multiple times -- which address issues players brought up (Taris performance, slicing).

It was Christmas. Devs deserve time with their families too.

And I hate to tell you this, but the whiners on the forums are a very, very small percentage of players. If every single player that QQs on the forums left -- the game would still be a success.

Its funny on EVERY MMO there is a post like that and answers like that : The communication from the developers is really the worst I have seen in an MMO so far.

At least you are living in the US, you have have some kind of support. Our tickets are not getting answered at all. Most of us wait already since 7 days and still got no answer. Some stuff is game breaking, but still no answer no support.

I was playing during several MMO Launches, but this game has the worst support by far.

Lol, hyperbole much?

The game just came out. It's already been patched multiple times -- which address issues players brought up (Taris performance, slicing).

It was Christmas. Devs deserve time with their families too.

And I hate to tell you this, but the whiners on the forums are a very, very small percentage of players. If every single player that QQs on the forums left -- the game would still be a success.

Sure, everyone deserves his holidays, but if you are so greedy to release the game so close before christmas to get some extra sales you have to deal with it.

I think 9 days into the games release and they have already released a patch 1.0.1 isnt bad at all. they have already said new content is coming, and things like slicing and lag and the wait cues have been addressed in one of the busiest personal times for anyone in the entire year. I think people are just to demanding of a game developer today..Bioware is doing a great job keeping up with the volumes of bug reports and issues they are recieving. How do I know? Every bug orissue I report gets atleast the automated thank you we have passed on your issue within an hour.

The thing is, they're not allowed to say much. Every word that comes from a Devs mouth or even a moderator will be taken as the gospel truth and will cause people to get supermassively butthurt if it doesn't come true.

Your probably right on this one.

The communication from the developers is really the worst I have seen in an MMO so far.

There is a ton of threads regarding slicing in the crew section, one with over a thousand posts- lots of suggestions/complains on the general board, good suggestions on the PvP board and a total of what, 2 dev/community posts for a whole day?

Not even one comment from BW regarding all the patch changes.

If that doesn't imrpove I doubt that many people will stick around for long, no matter how good the game is or could be.

This can only mean they're working VERY hard to grant you all your wishes for the game! Right?

But no kidding, what do you expect? The game has only been released 9 days ago. Come back after a few months if they haven't addressed any issues then. Now you're just whining.

They don't care what you have to say deal with it buddy.

yup and they got your money already - they moving onto the next thing leaving a skeleton staff behind cause they know the game is going to tank come the end of the free month- its inevitable!

I agree the team needs to communicate more with the playerbase. The Slicing overnerf was a major slap in the face to a lot of people as is obvious by the huge number of legitimate complaints it generated, and yet there has been no response from the dev team. For people who got burned out on WoW and other games where the dev team was oblivious to player concerns, lied or made false promises continuously and tended to nerf things mindlessly, this has created more tension and bad blood than you may realize.

This isn't Bioware's fault, of course, but they do need to understand where a lot of players are coming from and the player expectations they are inheriting due to these bad experiences.

Many of us don't want to fall into the same trap of investing hundreds of hours into an MMO only to see our toons and professions gratuitously nerfed into uselessness, as you just did with slicing. You have to recognize that however legitimate the need for the nerf was--or not--the nerf was excessive and was a bad opening move on your part this early into the game.

While a certain type of player will always deny every problem in the game, attack anyone who raises issues, and defend every move of the dev team no matter how absurd or unfair, it should be noted that many of these folks were once over on WoW forums doing the same thing. Now they're here, and they do tend to trash WoW a lot, don't they? Six months from now they will be on another MMO trashing you and telling everyone with legitimate concerns, "Go play SWTOR or WoW, carebear!"

Whether you realize it or not, your critics are your best friends, because they want to see problems get fixed and see the game thrive, and they want to be playing here 2 or 3 years from now rather than be driven away in disgust as they were from their previous MMOs. Talk to them, address their concerns, and you will be way ahead of any other team in the industry.

As quickly as that nerf was implemented it could be corrected, so the excuse that they are "too busy" doesn't hold a lot of water.