Bioware leaving their players in the DARK.

creampai

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just addressed some issues for people and the games only been out 8 days. Cool it. They will get to more in the coming weeks, and then we already have new content for jan.

You guys ask waaaaay too much out of your devs, especially during the holidays.

To the folks that are enjoying the game and not demanding/complaining too soon, /cheers

1. Almost every MMO at launch has 10x the amount of Developer talk on the forums, at least saying "We're aware of this." and just.... silence.

2. Yes, it's the holidays.... but we're still in the launch month. What a brilliant idea, launch at Christmas, 2 days later go on vacation for 2 weeks and leave the players wondering ***, so many issue, but at least the devs are out having a nice vacation. Guess this is what to expect from Bioware, a.k.a not much.

Holy crap, you can really tell the people who have never had a professional job before.

It's the holidays - people save up their leave all year so they can take off the week between Christmas and New Years. In a building with hundreds of people, there are probably a handful actually there this week. (I can personally attest that in a building housing over a thousand people, I can walk around this week and not see another person for 10 minutes. It's a ghost town.)

If, by say the end of January, the community doesn't hear from the devs, then you can complain. Until then, go eat some Christmas leftovers and generally ****.

Holy crap, you can really tell the people who have never had a professional job before.

It's the holidays - people save up their leave all year so they can take off the week between Christmas and New Years. In a building with hundreds of people, there are probably a handful actually there this week. (I can personally attest that in a building housing over a thousand people, I can walk around this week and not see another person for 10 minutes. It's a ghost town.)

If, by say the end of January, the community doesn't hear from the devs, then you can complain. Until then, go eat some Christmas leftovers and generally ****.

I second this. The teams likely worked 80-100 hour weeks prepping for launch, and it has been a STABLE LAUNCH despite any bugs or complaints people have had. The dev and product team deserve their rest and let's hope they come back rejuvenated and ready to start analyzing our community concerns in early January 2012.

1. Almost every MMO at launch has 10x the amount of Developer talk on the forums, at least saying "We're aware of this." and just.... silence.

2. Yes, it's the holidays.... but we're still in the launch month. What a brilliant idea, launch at Christmas, 2 days later go on vacation for 2 weeks and leave the players wondering ***, so many issue, but at least the devs are out having a nice vacation. Guess this is what to expect from Bioware, a.k.a not much.

1. I'd prefer silence over a hundred posts saying "We're aware of this." Time spent making that post is better spent actually working on the game. Time is not cheap and every single second spent working is worth a fortune in itself.

2. Publishers set deadlines to release. Unless you know whether it is an absolute fact coming from the publishers and developers mouth who said when is what coming out, then all you're doing is making yourself look moronic assuming.

Holy crap, I can tell you've never had a professional job before.

It's the week of the most ambitious project in this studio's history. If you think they let any key personnel take extended vacation time during the launch of a flagship title then you clearly have no idea how reality operates.

Hello, this is your fanbase and playerbase talking. Are you out there? crickets?

Please let us know you are listening.

Cos Blizzard 'blues' are constantly answering every self important type who asks questions on their forums right?

Wrong.

It's normal.

If that doesn't imrpove I doubt that many people will stick around for long, no matter how good the game is or could be.

Really?

You think Blizzard responds to their customers?

just because a blue has a thesaurus and 700 different ways to say, "We hear you and we are working on it." Doesn't mean that they are really telling their fans...anything.

Customer: Hey this class doesn't do enough dps

Blizzard: We have looked into it and we hear you, but we found the numbers support the decision we made

Customer: Hey why is there so much lag?

Blizzard: We hear you but we show the servers to be working just fine

Customer: When are we going to see this fixed?

Blizzard: We hear you and we will be looking into it.

What good is that? Just because they have a thousand ways to say essentially...nothing doesn't equate that they care or are doing ANYTHING for their fanbase. The only thing that accomplishes is the false sense that the company cares...If that's all you need... Just hug the box the discs came in and pretend it is a dev from Bioware...It is the same thing imo.

The game is fun, it is the first REAL MMO ever to even come close to a threat to the Blizzard giant. People will play so long as they enjoy the game, play style, and content.

News flash...they ARE aware of EVERY issue that has come up. And your first statement is just hyperbole.

Even if they came out and said over and over, "Yes, we are aware and are working on it" then creampai would complain that they aren't giving us specific dates on when they will fix things. They can't win.

1. Most of things people are asking for is not intended for this game. They have their own plan for their own game. If you don't like the way things are here, sorry, don't know what to tell ya. This isn't the game your looking for. They HAVE said they are aware of this, and have already addressed some issues, so it's moving forward, what more could you want?

2. Who said they were gone for 2 weeks, or will be. I'm sure the majority of their staff has gotten vacation, but its funny how issues are being fixed and new content is baking and you think they are on vacation. My point was, THEY ARE MOVING FORWARD EVEN THROUGH HOLIDAYS. You got a vacation, you got to see family, you got presents, you had somewhat of a holiday im sure. These guys didn't. Enjoy your selfishness you pompus pos.

I do not think BW expected so many people upset about their game honestly, I think they are a bit overwhelmed currently.

The forums are a poor barometer for measuring how happy the fanbase is. Out of all of the folks in my guild, I am the only one that even visits the forums.

There is just a vocal minority and I suspect that a lot of them have multiple accounts that they use to post the same threads over and over.

Welcome to MMOs and their respective companies.

You speak for a vocal minority of people - but that is okay, most around here do.

Many people understand how this whole thing works. Here are a few tips.

- Bioware is aware of the comments, complaints, suggestions etc made on the forums, through support tickets and posted elsewhere. It is silly to think otherwise.

- Bioware is not ignoring anyone, they give information as they have it and as they feel pertinent to whatever it is they are commenting on. To answer every question, issue, or complaint with a response is unrealistic. Not only would the time taken to do such thing require a dedicated staff, but anything they say will only create more controversy and argument as it will either not make people happy, OR create new topics for people to argue as to the exact meaning.

-Bioware is a company, companies like to make money, they will address things as they can and as fast as they can as they do not want to lose money.

- We, the customer base, need to understand also that not every complaint is valid, nor is every rave review. The customer is not always right, as is evident by so many differing points of view.

- The majority of the customer base has unrealistic expectations and demands.

- Much of the customer base is polarized either blind fan or delusional guru and doesn't have much in the way of valid input as they are not seeing or comprehending the entire picture.

- These facts, like so many others, will be ignored and disrgarded and people will continue to rant and rave, make outrageous demands and assertions, flex false game design guruship and carry on thinking their claims, prophecies and observations are incontrovertable. Not realizing they are in fact burying valid issues, feedback and commentaries in mounds of drivel.

Enjoy your stay in MMO land..

OMG I logical well thought and understandable post about how MMOs and their respective forums work? I thought people like you were a myth! @.@

I do not think BW expected so many people upset about their game honestly, I think they are a bit overwhelmed currently.

Yea...that's it! :rolleyes:

BioWare is enjoying the most successful MMO launch in history and the remaining few days of the Holiday season. They don't give two cents about the baseless whiners who demand this and demand that. Why?

Because these whiners are almost universally children. And I don't necessarily mean that in the literal sense (though that is definitely the case for some). I mean that most of the petulant, peurile pontificators of pablum have never earned a paycheck in their life. They don't understand business and they demand instant gratification.

BioWare cares about the bugs and the balance tweaks and new content. They care about valid feedback on ideas that the community as a whole would like to see that would improve the game. They don't care if Little Billy starts a thread demanding X being fixed else he'll stop paying with Mommy's credit card.

And what the little narcissist monsters don't realize, is that no one else cares either. ;)

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! We are always reading the forums and working to get responses for topics that are important to you. Your feedback is extremely important to us!

To make sure you don't miss out on any of our communications, we recommend checking out the Dev Tracker frequently to see the most recent posts from the Developers and the Community Team - you'll often see responses to concerns and helpful information there! We work to make informational posts as frequently as possible, such as this sneak peek at upcoming content from James Ohlen.

We also use our community blog (at the top of http://www.swtor.com/community) to highlight information we think is of significant interest to the community. For instance, we currently have information about our most recent patch highlighted for community members in the blog.

Thank you all for providing your feedback on the game, and please continue to do so - we will continue to work to bring you information, updates, and responses to your concerns as quickly as possible!