Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Hi guys

I am still so angry that they didn’t do much more content with Quinn

No matter your dark or light alignment, no matter your gender, he devotes himself to serving you no matter what. Even if you side with the Republic on Iokath you can recruit him to the Alliance, an option not available with Elara Dorne and Troopers who go Empire-side.

You are Malavai’s favorite person in the entire galaxy, he counted down your time apart down to the minute and you’re telling me he wouldn’t spend much time with Sith Warrior and give him more reactions?

Unfortunately it seems primarily us women players who love Quinn; the men hate him and male players always get what they want. That said, I think the Devs were genuinely surprised to see so many love threads including this one which was the largest and longest running. All of us who kept this thread going for years would love more content with Quinn involved and are still patiently waiting. I'd love them to start with restoring Quinn's facial customisations in his Iokath return. Several people unsubbed because they failed to do this.

Omg I'm just discovering this thread and it gave me LIFE!!!

I've been thirsting over Quinn for a month now xD I'm so glad to see more ppl loving him! :p

We are a mad, mad group! Welcome :D

So, is there any benefit from keeping the traitor around? I mean, sure he's a class companion of the Sith Warrior, but that doesn't change the fact that he betrayed the Warrior to Barris during the class story and decided to work for Acina instead of actually looking...

Unfortunately it seems primarily us women players who love Quinn; the men hate him and male players always get what they want.

I think that's a pretty broad generalization. It isn't that much divided along gender lines whether a player likes Quinn or not.

I think it's fair to say that certain WRITERS hate Quinn, given the weirdly sadistic kill option they put into his Iokath return. On the other hand, the writer who did his actual return dialogue (for a warrior who takes him back, both romanced and non) gave us a good reunion. Short, but good.

I've been maining Quinn clones for a while now (both impside and pubside) and get hardly any nasty reactions, even on fleet and in DK/Coruscant chat. I think the Quinnhaters are way overrepresented on the boards, compared to actual players in the game.

(It could be that a lot of players just haven't done the Warrior story so they don't react to his clone healing them. I'll just keep on pretending people are nice to me because everyone just knows Quinn is awesome.)

I think that's a pretty broad generalization. It isn't that much divided along gender lines whether a player likes Quinn or not.

Not broad at all. Both Twitter, various other platforms and the forums show much evidence to support this and we discussed it ad infinitum in this thread. In the years since then the developers have tried to improve the game for us female players and have listened to feedback. Or rather it feels like they've listened to some of what we've fed back (especially when the game went t*** up a few years back and the devs sent out questionnaires to some of us asking why we felt the game had issues - I was one of the lucky ones to get a questionnaire and fed back my perspective as a female player).

I think it's fair to say that certain WRITERS hate Quinn, given the weirdly sadistic kill option they put into his Iokath return. On the other hand, the writer who did his actual return dialogue (for a warrior who takes him back, both romanced and non) gave us a good reunion. Short, but good.

I've been maining Quinn clones for a while now (both impside and pubside) and get hardly any nasty reactions, even on fleet and in DK/Coruscant chat. I think the Quinnhaters are way overrepresented on the boards, compared to actual players in the game.

I don't think they are over-represented here. I wanted to understand why 800+ pages of this Quinn thread was overlooked by the devs (including something as simple as getting his customisation right in Iokath) so started searching elsewhere. Many male players/commenters on different platforms had been requesting a kill option for Quinn for years. The writers/developers agreed & gave them that option in Iokath; they didn't make that decision on a handful of players on the forums; I'm sure the developer's demographics showed this.

If you follow SWTOR on Twitter, you'll see clearly where the loves lies and it's not with any of the male romance companions. As a female player, I have to accept that I will never get the options I want and just play the game as I want for my own enjoyment OR unsub like most of the founding members of the Quinnmancers thread. We lost some really good fanfic writers and Quinn supporters because of the Quinn hate (if any of you are lurking: HI!! :) ).

As for playing clones, I don't think anyone really looks at player customisations or names that closely except the player themselves; I don't ever notice what other players characters look like EXCEPT when I'm waiting for someone to view a cut scene in Hammer Station & I haven't tabbed out :D I only really notice names if they stand out or I'm in a group. Also, if you're a raider and are a good tank or healer, I don't think anyone cares what your character looks like or is called.

I'm playing a SW through now, and it always sounds like Quinn has a permanent head-cold or stuffy sinuses. Keep wanting to tell him to blow his nose...

I can't decide if this belongs here or in the Quinn haters thread (which is still somewhere on the forums) :rolleyes:

I can't decide if this belongs here or in the Quinn haters thread (which is still somewhere on the forums) :rolleyes:

Having played a bit further alongside him, I think I'm definitely in the hater's camp. What a weasel! (and I'm female)

So, is there any benefit from keeping the traitor around? I mean, sure he's a class companion of the Sith Warrior, but that doesn't change the fact that he betrayed the Warrior to Barris during the class story and decided to work for Acina instead of actually looking...

It doesn't sound like you are paying much attention to subtleties and context. A lot of people only look at the surface of the story and miss most of what it really going on. If you chose options that are nice to him, he is not a weasel at all, but one of the most loyal companions we have. I haven't chosen the "be mean to Quinn options", so the story could well play out differently if your character is an *****. (You seem to have overlooked the way he searched for us for years until he was imprisoned for it, which is far more than most companions did, and far, far more than the other SW companions.)

Here are some insights from the SW writer.

Having played a bit further alongside him, I think I'm definitely in the hater's camp. What a weasel! (and I'm female)

The above applies to you too.

It isn't a sharp divide, but it's there. The people who love/like/respect Quinn are predominantly women and gay men, while the people who have a knee jerk hatred for him are predominantly men.

Quinn betrays you. Those who hate him have every right to be and are not being wrong on the internet for doing so.

He only betrays you if that is the way you chose to interpret the incident. If you read the Twitter post from the writer you will see that you can also interpret him as sacrificing himself for you. Both interpretations are valid and intended.

While you are quite welcome to hate him all you want, it is rather rude to post about it on a thread dedicated to loving him. There are plenty of outlets for your hatred elsewhere. I don't go sh*tposting on threads about how much people love Vaylin and wish they could have redeemed her even though I think she was an irredeemable, sadistic sociopath and clearly was headed down that path since she was a small child.

I don't go sh*tposting on threads about how much people love Vaylin and wish they could have redeemed her even though I think she was an irredeemable, sadistic sociopath and clearly was headed down that path since she was a small child.

Well considering that her father was an 'immortal' sith, is it any wonder how twisted she turned out!? I'm actually surprised that Arcann was given the option to be redeemed, even if his hatred was more focused on himself.

quinn is a pasty space fascist. can anybody tell me why they like him

There are almost 900 pages you can read that will answer that question for you. Have fun!

(It's been years, and I"m too tired to repeat things that have been said multiple times. Read the first 50 or so pages if you really don't get the appeal of the dedicated, loyal (yes, loyal), imperial stoic stud. Quinncident and all.)

Well considering that her father was an 'immortal' sith, is it any wonder how twisted she turned out!? I'm actually surprised that Arcann was given the option to be redeemed, even if his hatred was more focused on himself.

Arcann comes across as having been conditioned to believe Zakuul is the only planet that matters and thus no measure is too extreme to protect it. With his father's influence removed he learned, grew and came to accept that his world view was wrong. Since he was not the sociopath his sister was, he was capable of empathizing with the people he fought and oppressed once he moved out of his father's shadow. In order to be redeemed, you need remorse, in order to feel remorse, you need empathy.

He only betrays you if that is the way you chose to interpret the incident. If you read the Twitter post from the writer you will see that you can also interpret him as sacrificing himself for you. Both interpretations are valid and intended.

While you are quite welcome to hate him all you want, it is rather rude to post about it on a thread dedicated to loving him. There are plenty of outlets for your hatred elsewhere. I don't go sh*tposting on threads about how much people love Vaylin and wish they could have redeemed her even though I think she was an irredeemable, sadistic sociopath and clearly was headed down that path since she was a small child.

I don't hate him. My warrior forgave him when reunited. I object that hating him is "knee-jerk" as if those people are being wrong on the internet. That's rude.

I don't hate him. My warrior forgave him when reunited. I object that hating him is "knee-jerk" as if those people are being wrong on the internet. That's rude.

You have taken a much more nuanced approach than a chunk of the players. Whenever someone responds to Quinn in the negative, it's usually "because he's a backstabber". Which is fine, that is justifiable on surface. But that's as far as it goes for thought. There is a surprising number of players who take it as Quinn betraying the player , in the bloodthirsty hatred for him. The dislike for him is visceral, and it spills out into play with others - things like people talking about doing things far more violent to him than "airlock". If you say you like Quinn, you are under bombardment from other players; about the only thing that draws similar response from other players is if you say you don't like Vette or Kira. (I tolerate Vette but can only take her in small doses, I don't like Kira, and don't see the big deal with either)

Then there are the ones who call him cowardly, whiny, a rat, or use homophobic slurs. And it has been a common and tired practice of people to stop in here and thread-poop. Not to mention that they put in not just a kill option, but one of the most sadistic scenes in the game - making him beg for his life*. See how this can get tiring, and lead to "knee-jerk reactions"?

One mild observation: it seems like the hatred is a very vocal minority compared to how it was. Most players seem to have a mildly favorable or ambivalent attitude, compared to how it was years ago. Nowadays, if/when you ask which companion is most hated, it's usually Skadge, Koth, then Kaliyo, followed by answers like Corso, Quinn, Jorgan, Theron (is anyone seeing a pattern here?)

*watch a youtube of that scene on Iokath. Kudos to the VA for the excellent work. Watching that that made me very uncomfortable in how dehumanizing the scene was.

*watch a youtube of that scene on Iokath. Kudos to the VA for the excellent work. Watching that that made me very uncomfortable in how dehumanizing the scene was.

That's why I called that a weird, sadistic kill option. I can understand the original (beta) option to kill Quinn immediately after the Quinncident, killing him would have been a normal, sithy response sense at that time. The Iokath kill option, however, was out of place and seemed thrown in by the writers for pure spite. It didn't even make sense for a full on dark side Warrior, given the amount of time that had elapsed since the betrayal.

It also doesn't make sense for a Warrior who sided with the pubs on Iokath, and I'm sure the pubs watching were all facepalming because they just joined forces with someone who makes the current dark council members look sane and reasonable (including the most insane version of Darth Nox)

That said, if a player killed him, it doesn't affect my game at all. The option is there for those want a dead Quinn. I'll keep running my characters in a happy living Quinnland.

That's why I called that a weird, sadistic kill option. I can understand the original (beta) option to kill Quinn immediately after the Quinncident, killing him would have been a normal, sithy response sense at that time. The Iokath kill option, however, was out of place and seemed thrown in by the writers for pure spite. It didn't even make sense for a full on dark side Warrior, given the amount of time that had elapsed since the betrayal.

It also doesn't make sense for a Warrior who sided with the pubs on Iokath, and I'm sure the pubs watching were all facepalming because they just joined forces with someone who makes the current dark council members look sane and reasonable (including the most insane version of Darth Nox)

That said, if a player killed him, it doesn't affect my game at all. The option is there for those want a dead Quinn. I'll keep running my characters in a happy living Quinnland.

All of this! I’ve been a member of this thread since it launched; we spent many pages discussing this.

I have one female warrior (out of 7 maybe 8...or 9) that didn’t romance Quinn. I looked at the “beg to return” option in Iokath in her just to see what the cut scene was like (it’s twisted funny in an uncomfortable way). I never consider the kill option though. I can’t kill Quinn no matter how dark my character because I choose to believe he has redeemed himself.

If the option to kill him was still in the class story like it was back in testing I still don’t think I would have taken it. The option to beat the crap out of him during the betrayal scene, even if light-sides is enough for me.

I remember seeing many, many requests on Twitter, FB, Rdt, for Quinn to have a kill option when he returned during or after kotfe and the devs agreed. I don’t like the Quinn hate that leaks into this (what is meant to be a “Quinn love”) thread but I understand that people hate some characters. I for example, was very pleased with the kill option for Kaliyo and also pleased I can choose Vette for death (pity I don’t get to kill her though). Still miffed about the lack of kill option on Ashara though (boo). But I would not make it my business to post my hatred in any of the love/appreciation threads. It used to be my job to root out & report the haters in this thread (& keep the thread on topic), but we’ve not had hater/detractor shenanigans in a while.

Anyway, back to Quinn appreciation. Who has pics?

All of this! I’ve been a member of this thread since it launched; we spent many pages discussing this.

I have one female warrior (out of 7 maybe 8...or 9) that didn’t romance Quinn. I looked at the “beg to return” option in Iokath in her just to see what the cut scene was like (it’s twisted funny in an uncomfortable way). I never consider the kill option though. I can’t kill Quinn no matter how dark my character because I choose to believe he has redeemed himself.

If the option to kill him was still in the class story like it was back in testing I still don’t think I would have taken it. The option to beat the crap out of him during the betrayal scene, even if light-sides is enough for me.

I remember seeing many, many requests on Twitter, FB, Rdt, for Quinn to have a kill option when he returned during or after kotfe and the devs agreed. I don’t like the Quinn hate that leaks into this (what is meant to be a “Quinn love”) thread but I understand that people hate some characters. I for example, was very pleased with the kill option for Kaliyo and also pleased I can choose Vette for death (pity I don’t get to kill her though). Still miffed about the lack of kill option on Ashara though (boo). But I would not make it my business to post my hatred in any of the love/appreciation threads. It used to be my job to root out & report the haters in this thread (& keep the thread on topic), but we’ve not had hater/detractor shenanigans in a while.

Anyway, back to Quinn appreciation. Who has pics?

Never took this kill option.

If it was an option during the Quinncident i may have taken it on my first Warrior who was the very silly kind of DS, but not on any of the following Warriors i played afterwards as they're all more intelligent than that, and honnestly killing him a decade after the incident IG time, is just completely silly to me.

And the no kill option on Ashara while she was openly defying the SI is trully insulting, especially considering most male LIs got kill options, and sometimes for no more reason than what she did.

Seriously, Theron got a kill option for a fake treason where he risked his life to actually save our PC's and every member of the Alliance's lives, while Lana did pretty much the same thing on Rishi, risking Theron's (who was tortured because of her BTW) and our PC's lives to get some intel...

Koth got a kill option for opening his mouth and people asked fot a kill option even before he left with the Gravestone, which is quite similar to what Ashara did.

Jorgan got a kill option for disobeying 1 order...

Here's a pic of my latest Warrior with Quinn, i just so wish i could romance him with that guy though :(

:D I never imagined Quinn playing Huttball! Now you've put the idea in my head, wouldn't Quinn be the devious stealther lurking on the edge waiting to unstealth just in time for the would-be winning pass?

P.S. welcome back to the thread Paul o/

Quinn strikes me more of a thinker, so I imagine he'll be the sort of player who thinks up different strategies for the team to win only for his teammates to completely ignore him.

Theron would probably be the guy at the other teams line stealthy waiting for his team to get the ball to him.

• 1 month later...