Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

I hope your break is as short as mine was :( Are you going to be playing as preferred, or are you stepping completely away? Hopefully the April cantina will have some good juicy details for us to get excited about. I don't have a lot of real hope at this point, but you never know! They think they fixed Vector's eyes, so miracles can happen!

Thinking of changes, are any of you in a decent, casual friendly Conquest guild? The guild I was in has never been able to rally since the re-vamp and is barely surviving. I think it's time to move on. I miss the camaraderie. :(

Thanks, Rose <3 If I play, it'll be as preferred, but I really don't see myself spending more than an hour a week in the game if that. No point accruing money if I can't use it. Preferreds can't buy decos (cause too much $ on gtn). No sense running content I've run a billion times. No sense getting gear that will soon be obsolete. No sense waiting for content that will likely never come. We went from hearing how Scourge and Kira would be an important story and a part of 6.0 to the possibility of a shared alliance alert at best. No thanks. All or nothing. I'm done with the two-minute crapfests. It's on them to prove to me that the game is going to get better, to give it the content I'd like to play.

I have a psychological pattern of hanging on way past the time any reasonable person would, hoping against hope that something will come around to the way I'd like it to be, if I hang on long enough, and it never does.

I hope that the April news will be good, but even still I'm reticent until I see results. Promises are promises until they're delivered. It's time for them to deliver. I'll keep an eye on the news and we'll see. I'm happy they fixed Vector's eyes. Now if only they'd fix Vector's and Scourge's torso textures so they can have a bare chest. Short of having Scourge returned in a proper chapter with romance, a Theron wedding and a dev personally gifting me with a Malavai Quinn Commemorative statue, and more story for him, I see myself taking a nice relaxing break, but who knows. We'll see what happens. I hate saying never again, but I am feeling pretty dejected right now.

As for conquesting and guilding, I've always played alone, or just with my son and hubby the odd time, so I can't make any recs on that front, I'm sorry. Maybe if the forum weren't dead and dying (can't deny it when only the top 5 topics in GEN have comments for a whole day), I'd feel more compelled to stay, I've pretty much been paying a sub to talk to people, but even that isn't happening so much anymore. We can still chat anytime, you know where to find me <3

Good luck Luna and everyone, I'll let you speak for me and just say ditto to everything you said.

I can't finish the project I set out to do, which was record all the stories, even knowing that Vector is fixed. It came too late, and I've found a home away from home in Fallout 4, for now anyway. I hope we'll all meet here at the Quinn thread and the others again someday in the future.

<3 :jawa_evil:

Thanks Grania. <3 Good luck to you too. I'll miss you. And who knows your project might still get finished one day, I wouldn't give up on it totally. I'm glad you've found a new game to play. I'll be writing (not fan fic though). I'm sure we'll meet up on this thread again someday. We just need something to buoy and inspire us, some real meaty content we can chew on. The solution is quite simple: Quinn!! Theron!! Scourge!! Vector!! *insert your other favs here*!! :D If you have a Tweety, or FB, feel free to pm me and we can trade links. I have about 14-15 days left on my sub to answer. ^^ Quinnmancers forever!

Edited by Lunafox

True enough lol. :)

I guess while I'm here, I'm just going to let you guys know that I've unsubbed and am taking an indefinite break from the game. I'm tired of being ganked along, having my hopes raised and repeatedly crushed. When/if they do content that I'm actually interested (story, companions stuff with Scourge, Scourge romance longer than 2 mins, Theron wedding, and stuff with Quinn of course, I might think about returning.)

I treasure your friendships and am glad to have had the chance to interact with each and every one of you. I wish you all well, wherever/no matter where you all end up.

Much love,

May the Force be with you always.

Quinnmancers forever. <3

Lunafox, out.

Sorry to see you go. Have been reading over the thread from the beginning, and your insight and positive outlook has been great. Best of luck. :)

Sorry to see you go. Have been reading over the thread from the beginning, and your insight and positive outlook has been great. Best of luck. :)

Thanks, that means a lot. It's nice to know that the thread is still being enjoyed even so long after it was made. I hope that continues. It's a way for Quinn to live on. Best of luck to you too. ^^

As for conquesting and guilding, I've always played alone, or just with my son and hubby the odd time... We can still chat anytime, you know where to find me <3

This is why many of us are feeling let down by the game (as made very clear the last few years and more recently in the feedback thread); SOLO players are no longer being catered for and that means very little time/effort is and will be spent on giving us some good story content to do. The focus is on guilds, ranked PvP and OPs. It feels like they're telling the rest of us to go. I still get a lot of interest from some of the original class stories (there are still things even in the Warrior story that I've not done or missed previously) so that is keeping me subbed for now. If they announce anything good in April (like replayable Iokath with Quinn's customisations intact) and some decent new story that includes our original/favourite companions instead of rubbish new ones then I will stay subbed a lot longer.

I don't know where to find you! :eek: I'll PM you my social media info Luna and Grania.

Edited by Sarova

This is why many of us are feeling let down by the game (as made very clear the last few years and more recently in the feedback thread); SOLO players are no longer being catered for and that means very little time/effort is and will be spent on giving us some good story content to do. The focus is on guilds, ranked PvP and OPs. It feels like they're telling the rest of us to go. I still get a lot of interest from some of the original class stories (there are still things even in the Warrior story that I've not done or missed previously) so that is keeping me subbed for now. If they announce anything good in April (like replayable Iokath with Quinn's customisations intact) and some decent new story that includes our original/favourite companions instead of rubbish new ones then I will stay subbed a lot longer.

I don't know where to find you! :eek: I'll PM you my social media info Luna and Grania.

I agree with you 100%. As I said, I don't want to say 'never again' to the game but I won't be jerked around by the carrot anymore with promises that degrade into practically nothing over time. It's on them to provide something proper, not just pretty words. If there is good news, I'll return when I'm more confident they'll follow through, or even wait until they have. And now you know where to find me too! <3

Reading these conversations makes me sad. I only discovered the game a few months ago, after getting KOTOR 1 and 2 on sale, and enjoyed the class stories so much (some twice, and still counting there...)

The new game shine is starting to wear off, and it breaks my heart to have to temper expectations for the future.

Slightly more on topic: Quinn was definitely one of the highlights of the game. It no doubt helps that SW was my favorite story to play through as well.

Am I the only one that was more bothered by

Quinn seeing us when meeting Acina but not reaching out at the time, or at least through mail later

than by the Quinncident though? I can understand how he might rationalize the latter, but the former is basically giving up on the SW, and it's only chance that we end up meeting him again. I'm not mad Quinn, just disappointed. :(

True enough lol. :)

I guess while I'm here, I'm just going to let you guys know that I've unsubbed and am taking an indefinite break from the game. I'm tired of being ganked along, having my hopes raised and repeatedly crushed. When/if they do content that I'm actually interested (story, companions stuff with Scourge, Scourge romance longer than 2 mins, Theron wedding, and stuff with Quinn of course, I might think about returning.)

I treasure your friendships and am glad to have had the chance to interact with each and every one of you. I wish you all well, wherever/no matter where you all end up.

Much love,

May the Force be with you always.

Quinnmancers forever. <3

Lunafox, out.

Hey I totally understand and will miss your posts. Although, I will probably be joining you in leaving. Except I will probably make my hiatus longer and more permanent. I am just becoming to salty with the direction of the game and treatment of companions I love. I have been feeling this way ever since Crisis in Umbara came out and hoping and staying positive that everything would be fine. But Jedi Under Siege proved that it wouldn't be fine at all.

I had started running my light side warrior through and just don't have the energy to do this repeat over again. I know the outcome and doing it with a different character isn't going to change it.

Plus I am burnt out with grinding gear in Ossus that will be replaced in a few months. It's time to move on.

Slightly more on topic: Quinn was definitely one of the highlights of the game. It no doubt helps that SW was my favorite story to play through as well.

Quinn seeing us when meeting Acina but not reaching out at the time, or at least through mail later

than by the Quinncident though? I can understand how he might rationalize the latter, but the former is basically giving up on the SW, and it's only chance that we end up meeting him again. I'm not mad Quinn, just disappointed. :(

Many of us had a problem with this too - the writing for the Quinn return story ignored a lot of things that had been resolved in the class story. The Quinn we knew from the class story and SoR would not have been that stoic especially on meeting his wife (if you did the romance) after so many years (given the back story as to where he'd been during FE/ET). There is more I could say on this but I have been warned for repeating info I got from Devs via private message so I can't. We can't really blame Quinn for what I call a lacklustre return story HOWEVER Quinn's return compared with some of the companion return alerts was pretty good.

Like everyone else, I've just about had enough of what amounts to contempt for those of us who love and play this game for the solo story content. Unless they can guarantee class love interests and Theron will be included in all future story lines, I will be joining all those above in calling it a day. The sad thing is it feels like we won't be missed because it they want us to go anyway so they can concentrate on PvP/Ops and new short & infrequent story "snippets" with the "fantastic"** new companions :rolleyes:

**/sarcasm

Reading these conversations makes me sad. I only discovered the game a few months ago, after getting KOTOR 1 and 2 on sale, and enjoyed the class stories so much (some twice, and still counting there...)

The new game shine is starting to wear off, and it breaks my heart to have to temper expectations for the future.

I'm sorry. :( I envy you in a way that you've only just discovered the game and still having fun with it. My 'new game shine' has worn off too, even though I've been with it since before launch. It took a lot of hope and patience and grooming to keep my interest levels up through all of it, but as I said before, I have a psychological tendency to hold onto things out of hope for the better longer than most people would. I've always thought (to my detriment) that if I hang on long enough, things will turn around and be better for me. It's been true of relationships, friendships, jobs, hobbies...you name it. It's a pattern of behavior I've learned to identify in myself and it's true for this game too.

As for your concern about Quinn's story...yes, I have to agree with you about that...I don't hold it against Quinn but against lackluster writing, as Sarova said. I understood why the Quinnicident happened and understand that he was trapped between a rock and hard place and was likely to die through either outcome, because that's their society. You chase power, or serve it and stay alive as long as you can and being outplayed or sacrificed as a pawn is a way of life.

I get why he supposedly avoided us when we came to Acina, though I would've understood more, if it was a reaction that came out of pure shock at seeing us again and lost his window to get to us. I just don't think he could've stayed loyal or with Acina after seeing us. Even if he lost his chance to approach us in the city, I have no doubt he would've sought us out in another way, once he learned that we were the commander.

Hey I totally understand and will miss your posts. Although, I will probably be joining you in leaving. Except I will probably make my hiatus longer and more permanent. I am just becoming to salty with the direction of the game and treatment of companions I love. I have been feeling this way ever since Crisis in Umbara came out and hoping and staying positive that everything would be fine. But Jedi Under Siege proved that it wouldn't be fine at all.

I had started running my light side warrior through and just don't have the energy to do this repeat over again. I know the outcome and doing it with a different character isn't going to change it.

Plus I am burnt out with grinding gear in Ossus that will be replaced in a few months. It's time to move on.

Thank you <3 I really appreciate knowing that, it means a lot. I'll miss seeing you around too and I'm sorry that things aren't how we would enjoy them to be in the game. I understand your feelings and share them. I do think the beginning of the end started for me around that time too and the recent twitch cemeted feelings I've been having for a while. I don't care so much about the gear grind, I played Korean grinder games for years, but it's because the game is going in a direction that makes me unhappy. No or fewer romances, too much focus and preference for the straight male players as in giving more with female companions. Practically all male love interests made killable or dismissable while the females aren't. No more Quinn, less Theron, Scourge only as an alliance alert. I don't really want to rehash it all here. My reasons for dissatisfaction aren't exactly secret.

Please take care and I wish you the best wherever you play next or in whatever you do next. :)

Edited by Lunafox

Definitely agree with you both - the writing, and not Quinn himself, left a lot to be desired in his return. While it was nice to have it more integrated into the story than some isolated alert, it's still sad that what by all accounts seems like a final nod at what might be the player's marriage is so lacking.

Having finished all class stories I started wondering if I'd enjoy getting into group content or not. Now I'm starting to think I should just enjoy the story content best I can, and move on when it stops being fun. I strongly relate to you on sticking around beyond all hope Luna, but I went through it all too recently when my greatest MMO love, after years of promises and patience, closed down, made needless changes mostly for the worse and rebooted into a generic F2P I just didn't find the little things that made me fall in love in the first place in anymore.

It's bumbling on like an unloveable zombie now. In its boxers. With the keys to the handcuffs.

Time will tell if I learned anything from that experience. :p

Definitely agree with you both - the writing, and not Quinn himself, left a lot to be desired in his return. While it was nice to have it more integrated into the story than some isolated alert, it's still sad that what by all accounts seems like a final nod at what might be the player's marriage is so lacking.

Having finished all class stories I started wondering if I'd enjoy getting into group content or not. Now I'm starting to think I should just enjoy the story content best I can, and move on when it stops being fun. I strongly relate to you on sticking around beyond all hope Luna, but I went through it all too recently when my greatest MMO love, after years of promises and patience, closed down, made needless changes mostly for the worse and rebooted into a generic F2P I just didn't find the little things that made me fall in love in the first place in anymore.

It's bumbling on like an unloveable zombie now. In its boxers. With the keys to the handcuffs.

Time will tell if I learned anything from that experience. :p

Just enjoy the content, all of it, for as long as you can. Different people have different boredom thresholds and expectations and who knows, maybe by the time you're sick, tired and fed up, they might have actually come up with something worthwhile. Maybe by then, there will even be a Malavai Quinn Commemorative statue. I'll wait and see. <3

Maybe by then, there will even be a Malavai Quinn Commemorative statue. I'll wait and see. <3

They came up with a fix for Vectors eyes completely out of the blue (they had never acknowledged there was a problem) so anything is possible. I'm not sure they realise that for good story content which includes Quinn (& many other class companions) Quinn extras like a statue, would result in tonnes of extra revenue - you'd think they'd be all over that money maker :rolleyes: A Quinn statue becoming available on the CM would most likely crash the game :D

They came up with a fix for Vectors eyes completely out of the blue (they had never acknowledged there was a problem) so anything is possible. I'm not sure they realise that for good story content which includes Quinn (& many other class companions) Quinn extras like a statue, would result in tonnes of extra revenue - you'd think they'd be all over that money maker :rolleyes: A Quinn statue becoming available on the CM would most likely crash the game :D

Why stop with Quinn? Sell em all! :)

...A Quinn statue becoming available on the CM would most likely crash the game :D

Exactly. It would. This is evidence that they're totally mismanaging the game and don't understand the needs/desires of their customers. With what they could make in direct market statues sales and solid (not holo) companion decorations, they could fund story chapters of substance.

A small light-sided Quinn wedding:

https://imgur.com/a/Z4ckm1D

https://imgur.com/a/D4hDCUu

https://imgur.com/a/4X9NStG

https://imgur.com/a/inmzggS

https://imgur.com/a/7Kgvz08

As my character Pherese is secretly trying to switch to the Republic, Master Gnost-Dural is officiating their wedding :) The guest list is Jaesa and Theron in the centre, HK-55, Aric and redeemed Arcann on the left and Torian, Koth and Darth Marr on the right. Pierce, Broonmark and Vette were not welcome :D

Quinn's outfit is Ruthless Scion, Pherese's is Xoxaan's with covert gloves and a headband (trying to pass as a tiara).

I bought the Yavin stronghold for it. Since there's not much else to do in the game I may as well decorate another stronghold was my thinking, plus Yavin has nice light and scenery. I had one problem; Quinn's decoration is no longer available on Pherese, only the original was but that's in part-nude holoform (normally that would be a good thing but I said NO to a nudey wedding :D). I had to grab my main Sith Inq and use her version of Quinn. Yet another problem that may never be fixed.

Very nice! The lighting affects are really cool! I feel you on the broken Quinn decoration issue. I'm still fighting to get my Trooper's Quinn back. Most of CS clearly have no idea how the game works.

Thank you :)

I didn't realise it was broken until I tried to place him as a decoration on my warrior. Now I know what the others who had experienced it way back after Iokath meant. Fortunately it was easily worked around; I'm glad I have Quinn on so many non-warriors.

I'd avoided buying Yavin because it is so massive, but now I have it, I going to have to decorate it :D It will take me ages.

It would be good if they gave us emotes that can be done with LIs - it would help so much for screen shots and other silly stuff we like to do.

Edited by Sarova

A small light-sided Quinn wedding:

https://imgur.com/a/Z4ckm1D

https://imgur.com/a/D4hDCUu

https://imgur.com/a/4X9NStG

https://imgur.com/a/inmzggS

https://imgur.com/a/7Kgvz08

As my character Pherese is secretly trying to switch to the Republic, Master Gnost-Dural is officiating their wedding :) The guest list is Jaesa and Theron in the centre, HK-55, Aric and redeemed Arcann on the left and Torian, Koth and Darth Marr on the right. Pierce, Broonmark and Vette were not welcome :D

Quinn's outfit is Ruthless Scion, Pherese's is Xoxaan's with covert gloves and a headband (trying to pass as a tiara).

I bought the Yavin stronghold for it. Since there's not much else to do in the game I may as well decorate another stronghold was my thinking, plus Yavin has nice light and scenery. I had one problem; Quinn's decoration is no longer available on Pherese, only the original was but that's in part-nude holoform (normally that would be a good thing but I said NO to a nudey wedding :D). I had to grab my main Sith Inq and use her version of Quinn. Yet another problem that may never be fixed.

Beautiful! I loved how you staged it on Yavin on the roof. They all look wonderful. So pretty! <3

I am going to the Star Wars Cantina on Saturday night. I am thinking of getting a screen printed shirt with Quinn on it to show my support of our favorite Imperial. Maybe point out to them in person how beloved he is. I have a list of demands, I mean requests.

• Fix Quinn's customization on Iokath.
  • Make Iokath replayable.
  • Fix the Quinn holo statue.
  • Give us a Quinn Commemrative Statue.
  • More Quinn story.
  • Letters from Quinn.

Anything else?

Edited by rachetsw

I am going to the Star Wars Cantina on Saturday night. I am thinking of getting a screen printed shirt with Quinn on it to show my support of our favorite Imperial. Maybe point out to them in person how beloved he is. I have a list of demands, I mean requests.

• More Quinn story.
  • Letters from Quinn.

Anything else?

I'm jealous!

My only Quinn related request is that they fix the bug with JUS that takes him away if the character got him from the companion locator terminal. Customer Service has been beyond useless on this for my Trooper, so now I"m afraid to bring any more Reps through Ossus. Crossing fingers it will be part of 5.10.2.

• More Quinn story.
  • Letters from Quinn.

Anything else?

Yay! We will have a Quinnmancer rep at the cantina - I vote yes for the QuinnShirt :D As for demands...erm questions/requests:

See Quinn Treats™ in my signature ;) however my main realistic/doable ones are:

• Quinn to appear in future story lines and/or can be taken as our choice of companion
  • Make Iokath replayable with Quinn's customisations intact
  • Malavai Quinn commemorative statue. I will throw money at the CM and live on dumpster food to buy many of these.

• More Quinn story.
  • Letters from Quinn.

Anything else?

Not necessarily Quinn related, but if everything after KOTET could be replayable (cutscenes during Iokath and the traitor arc FPs and AA included) that would be nice.

I need some Theron content :p

And a little bit of romance content for all LIs would be nice, cuz not every character is romancing Lana :rolleyes:

I'm jealous!

My only Quinn related request is that they fix the bug with JUS that takes him away if the character got him from the companion locator terminal. Customer Service has been beyond useless on this for my Trooper, so now I"m afraid to bring any more Reps through Ossus. Crossing fingers it will be part of 5.10.2.

Same here, i had him on my JK and he left after Ossus, could be nice to get him back.