Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

On 10/30/2022 at 9:55 AM, Tarlonniel said:

Jaesa: "Master, how are we going to conceal our über light-sidedness from the Sith?"

Sarova's SW: "We must be cautious and subtle." proceeds to use ALL THE JEDI POWERS. Quinn wonders if he's going crazy. 🤣

Quinn would definitely question, until Vette does something annoying to distract and not blow your cover. Pierce might straight up ask. Then if you reply "I have a red lightsaber", he'd be quieted. Broonmark probably wouldn't notice a thing.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't do it. I did not kill Quinn. When my second Sith Warrior reached the scene, the warrior whom I purposely played Dark, I couldn't light the saber. I had him choose the threatening option. My first Warrior who was mostly Light was forgiving. Considering the Story I thought it would make sense to kill one traitor before dealing with the new one, but I was swayed by Quinn admitting he spent years in prison for trying to look for me. I did tell Lana and Theron I didn't trust him for this character, but he gets to live. Maybe there's some regret for having killed Senya as a traitor.

Of course this new traitor really isn't one. He's a Hero of the Alliance forever, but at this moment my character doesn't know that yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Er...just some confusion of mine lately...and some of my opinions about Quinn...

I saw many people said that he is an egoist and all he really cares is his career after he "BETRAY" the warrior AGAIN on Iokath if the warrior sides with the Republic. And my confusion is: Is he still the warrior's subordinate after 6 years? (he claimed himself the warrior's loyal servant in the message...but clearly there is still a priority problem after his release from prison) And if he is no longer the warrior's subordinate at that time, could his behavior still be regarded as betrayal?

At first when I played this scene, I just thought that he probably pledged his loyalty to Acina after she let him out of prison, and the empress's interests should come first. I never think he is an egoist because he chose to serve the warrior and became another 5 years captain instead of becoming an officer in a station. And he chose to disobey Minister Lorman's order and became a prisoner. And an egoist is more likely to escape and find somewhere no one knows him to hide after the empress died while the empire may want to punish him, and the warrior has the possibility to kill him. And some people said "Quinn surrenders to the warrior because he knows the warrior will find him. " The warrior has a war to win! What threat can a major bring, compared to other powerful enemies? I think the warrior is not likely to waste anyone or anytime to hunt him down, and his surrender is more like an act of keeping commitment and feeling guilty. After Acina died, the warrior becomes his priority again, and he needs to keep his promise to be the warrior's servant, at least he needs to try to atone (and I find he really doesn't willing to face his death at that time, so it's nicer to kill him the first time he betrayed the warrior), which leads to my second question: the Empire and the warrior/an individual he is loyal to, which is more important to him?

From his way of saying "I have no aspiration for personal glory--just glory for the Empire, and now for you. "But his actual actions make me think his priority level likes: Baras>emperor/empress>the warrior>empire>himself. Even the warrior chooses the Republic, he will still come back. I admit that he cares about the Empire's interests on some occasions not involving Sith, but he also makes bad choices (harm the empire choices) when the Sith interests conflict with the empire's. Some people said "he just sides with the winner."  I 'll just say that everything becomes weird after a Sith Warrior sides with the Republic, which seems nearly impossible, unless he/she wants Acina die (Sith infighting again lol). Quinn may never see that coming (especially after Acina and warrior had a "nice adventure" on DK ). So I think it's not about who the winner is, but his contradictory sense of duty and guilt.

In conclusion, I think it's hard to judge him simply by "good" or "evil", and I'd like to say he is the representative of those who still have morality and humanity in the Empire. Quinn has a keen sense of military strategy and shall be a valuable asset to the Empire, but his obedience may not make him a progressive force to promote the improvement of the Empire. And his lack of foresight on the outcomes and impacts becomes his great weakness and leads to his bad career move, makes him entangled between two powerful Sith twice (and may finally lead to his death).

He is really a complex person :D

Edited by Elthind
  • Like 1

*sees there is a Malavai Quinn love thread*

*sees it has 363 pages*

YES. GOOD. LOVE FOR THE MURDER HUSBAND. The murder husband who I refuse to believe was ever actually trying to kill you and more likely intended to commit suicide-by-Sith, because if he really wanted you dead he could have picked a way much less likely to get him killed instead! No, he definitely knew he wasn't going to survive that betrayal, and if you play a light side warrior he very well might have thought this would FINALLY goad you into showing your "true colors." (He has worked under Darths Baras and Lachris and expresses confusion over your LS choices at several points. He definitely can't believe you're really like that.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jessguarneri said:

*sees it has 363 pages*

YES. GOOD. LOVE FOR THE MURDER HUSBAND. The murder husband who I refuse to believe was ever actually trying to kill you and more likely intended to commit suicide-by-Sith, because if he really wanted you dead he could have picked a way much less likely to get him killed instead! No, he definitely knew he wasn't going to survive that betrayal, and if you play a light side warrior he very well might have thought this would FINALLY goad you into showing your "true colors." (He has worked under Darths Baras and Lachris and expresses confusion over your LS choices at several points. He definitely can't believe you're really like that.)

I've been in this thread since it started and I don't remember any of us coming up with a "suicide by Sith" reason - it's brilliant.  I was always thinking he was manipulated/mind controlled by Baras into believing he could actually beat us - he never considered that he might lose.  But suicide by Sith makes sense given the dialogue before the fight when he seems to break the control to admit his feelings but then the control kicks back into him being full of mocking confidence with his plan to defeat us.

19 hours ago, jessguarneri said:

*sees it has 363 pages*

Yes, absolutely! He was stuck, knew there was no way out. That's why he programmed the droids so weakly (ok that might be the power creep, because I do recall having some issues doing it the first time a decade ago). There was no way out, and he was so used to failure being punished lethally*. IIRC didn't Baras save his life as well as his career, since insubordination was a serious offense? If that is so, he owed a life debt to Baras, though with Quinn he places honor and duty above his own life. All the many ways Baras has him bound up in his service.

As for Quinn and LS choices, he does question some, but I don't seem him as DS. He's a gray aligned character in that he's not LS with its self-sacrifice and forgiveness, but he's not DS in the cruelty and meanness. He has his code, LS/DS isn't his concern, service is. In a D&D alignment chart, he's True Lawful, with Law being his society's concept of Law.

*another note on lethal punishment for failure - Quinn himself threatens Jillins with this when we first meet Quinn.  That is right up there on the "jaw-dropping introductions to characters" scale. Man, I really wish we knew what Jillins screwed up to get Quinn so riled! He was in Jillins' face, ready to lose his cool, threatening to shoot the poor guy.

I definitely don't see him as DS either, but compared to my Light V Warrior.......yeah.

"My lord, weren't we meant to kill the (entirely innocent) Willsaams?"
"My lord, is it really wise to spare this Jedi (who has actively helped us)?"
"Your methods have been a bit...unorthodox to this point." (Quinn-speak for "my lord, wtf?")
(when we don't destroy Makeb) <"Malavai Quinn greatly disapproves">

Poor Yaellia's just sitting there with her head in her hands like "honey. plz. do I need to walk you through the Flowchart of Mercy again?" (She is a nerd. She made a flowchart. At least part of it is "IF we display reason and compassion towards our enemies, THEN maybe they will not escalate into another Great-Hyperspace-War-style genocide.")

I'm surprised no one else came up with the idea of suicide-by-Sith! The Quinncident with a romanced SW really, really strikes me as Quinn being caught between two options, both of which he thinks will lead to his death (either by failing Baras or betraying the Warrior) and picking the one where at least if he works her into a fine rage she'll probably make it quick. In my warrior's case, he saw her kill people for threatening her, so clearly she had the capacity, but she spent so much time being NICE he convinced himself she would be a Normal Sith if pushed hard enough. (He kissed her & was like "oh that was inappropriate" & she gave him time to think about it. She wanted to move slowly. She respected his boundaries. And this just confused him more, because he was never expecting mercy or forgiveness or love.)

Surprise, Captain! You thought it was A Mask, but it was me, True Love!

On 2/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, PaxSithari said:

Yes, absolutely! He was stuck, knew there was no way out. That's why he programmed the droids so weakly (ok that might be the power creep, because I do recall having some issues doing it the first time a decade ago). There was no way out, and he was so used to failure being punished lethally*. IIRC didn't Baras save his life as well as his career, since insubordination was a serious offense? If that is so, he owed a life debt to Baras, though with Quinn he places honor and duty above his own life. All the many ways Baras has him bound up in his service.

As for Quinn and LS choices, he does question some, but I don't seem him as DS. He's a gray aligned character in that he's not LS with its self-sacrifice and forgiveness, but he's not DS in the cruelty and meanness. He has his code, LS/DS isn't his concern, service is. In a D&D alignment chart, he's True Lawful, with Law being his society's concept of Law.

*another note on lethal punishment for failure - Quinn himself threatens Jillins with this when we first meet Quinn.  That is right up there on the "jaw-dropping introductions to characters" scale. Man, I really wish we knew what Jillins screwed up to get Quinn so riled! He was in Jillins' face, ready to lose his cool, threatening to shoot the poor guy.

well maybe it's just an over understanding? I thought those droids weren't programmed weakly...it was just because the SW was too powerful and "not a typical Sith" all the time. For Quinn he had almost never failed, "I'm never at a lost in the heat of battle ", and that's why he was so confident to believe he could defeat the SW, especially when he was fully prepared for this.

I mean maybe he thought he might fail, but at that moment he seemed to believed in his calculation.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I love how they're both looking at other people like they're judging them, that's kinda fun to see.

Can't tell how he reacts to a M SW on Iokath, if he counted the days or not. Haven't touched that character in a while, and last time i played him, i was somewhere in KOTFE i think, i know i have some screenshots from Chapter 2, so i was probably somewhere near chapter 3 or something like that, so haven't seen the reunion with Quinn on him, but yeah the end of Iokath would've been a nice place to start a romance, especially if you sided with the Republic with him deciding to leave the Empire for you.

I decided it was time to move my new-found love for Quinn over from the Theron Love thread to this thread and raise it from the ashes of obscurity. Bwahaha! Arise, I bid you, Thread! 🧙‍♂️

After all, can't have the Devs forgetting about Quinn any more than they already have. 😏 Are you still listening, Devs? 🌠🤭 

4 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

This is my M SW and Quinn 

And I am sharing your pic because they look so cute! 💖 and this thread needs more pics in it! I need to play my warrior now and make lovely pics too. 😁

Having not played a SW at all yet, and not having met Quinn yet, I am already fascinated and most of the way in love with him already. He seems amazing! Sad that you long-time Quinn lovers still have so many bugs with him. Or hardly see him. And had a mail deleted from the game. And have not seen him since Iocath. Or that maleSW still can't romance him even though he counted down to the day how long two of them had been apart. And apparently says he wants to have kids with mSW too. (I have been getting up to date on all of this before posting. Thanks to this thread and Goreshaga. 😉

Anyway, I decided that while I like the idea of romancing Quinn, I have a terrible track record actually playing female characters. They all end up never making it past the beginning of the story in any game. Except for HM: Animal Crossing. I managed to beat the storyline with a female character in that one because I was obsessed with Wizard. But that is it! Thus, my mSW is going to be secretly pining for Quinn throughout the quest story and will stay single for JUST IN CASE! You hear that Devs?! Where is the male romance option for Quinn? Zenith seems to be getting one at some point if that cute and subtle flirt is any indication. 🌟

I have made a male miraluka SW even though lore-wise it makes no sense. Miraluka were never ones to follow the dark side. They are completly blind and use the Force to see. They can 'see' auras, and sense emotions and personality traits. Being surrounded by constant pain, negativity, and narcissistic people would really wear on them. I think though that it may work out here. Plus, there is a first time for everything. 😁 And he and Quinn are going to be BEST FRIENDS! Okay, so I don't know that for sure as I have not started playing, but I am super excited about the idea.

Also, my miraluka will have the best advantage ever of being able to sense emotions and such and will be able to completely sense Quinn's true turmoil later. Forgiving him is going to be soooooo easy! Seriously, miralukas are AWESOME!

Yup, this is going to work out beautifully. I am so excited! Hopefully, I'll have some pics to share soon. 🥰

Edited by yenzin
changed emojis

The "date night" files datamined do not seem to include Quinn, but if you're asking me what I'd think him and the SW would get up to? Either a night at the opera (I just love that Sith Opera Collections are a gift you can give him) or a peaceful night in with a book or a holovid. I think he'd love watching a Star Wars equivalent of How It's Made, lmao.

On 6/9/2023 at 8:39 PM, PaxSithari said:

Hey all!

So was scrolling another site and saw something about a "date night"??? Am unsuccessful finding info. Anyone know? Any ideas of what a date night for Quinn would entail?

Hope you're all well!

Can confirm. I also took a look at the datamine. While there is a date night with Arcann, Theron, Lana, and Koth, sadly there is nothing at all with Quinn. I haven't even started playing my SW and already I am wishing there was more Quinn everywhere. 😄

And date night drops tomorrow! I am completely not ready for it. 

20 hours ago, yenzin said:

Can confirm. I also took a look at the datamine. While there is a date night with Arcann, Theron, Lana, and Koth, sadly there is nothing at all with Quinn. I haven't even started playing my SW and already I am wishing there was more Quinn everywhere. 😄

Don't mention the "d" word openly on these forums.  It's against the T&Cs. 

What is this date night you speak of?  When does it happen?  I also thought you got to speak with Torian romanced or not - I didn't get that; I got the impression the story ends:

Spoiler

after you finish speaking to Malgus then speak to Sana Rae on the holo and get sent to unlock the new daily area on Voss

I'm not surprised that Quinn was excluded from any new story romance.  If they'd put that in, they would have guaranteed my sub until the game shuts down!

On 6/12/2023 at 6:26 PM, yenzin said:

Can confirm. I also took a look at the (you know what ;) ). While there is a date night with Arcann, Theron, Lana, and Koth, sadly there is nothing at all with Quinn. I haven't even started playing my SW and already I am wishing there was more Quinn everywhere. 😄

Thank you for that info. Maybe they're rolling it out in drips and drabs, to see how it goes? Or they're starting with the newer companions? I hope. There is no way they can forget Quinn, look at this thread!😁 More evidence of BW making incredibly complex, multilayered characters by accident and not knowing what to do with them. 😞

Edited by PaxSithari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eabevella said:

Still waiting for my male SW to be able to romance Quinn... which will never happen.

Why isn't he romance-able for both genders on Iokath when everyone else is is beyond me...

Pretty sure it's because the former character dev (who left a while back) harboured Quinn hate.  The decision to add a kill option and not a same gender romance option for Quinn is unforgiveable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sarova said:

Pretty sure it's because the former character dev (who left a while back) harboured Quinn hate.  The decision to add a kill option and not a same gender romance option for Quinn is unforgiveable.

Agreed.

My male Warrior is still waiting for this romance, but with how things have been so far, he'll probably die of old age before he has any official romance...

Edited by Goreshaga

35 minutes ago, Sarova said:

*boo to the former dev*

That's stupid developers should never pander to haters since they already have the option of not choosing Quinn. Let people who love him have him.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

With the date nights and them expanding to other characters, dare we hope to get a Quinn interaction?  I don't even care if they have to get a different voice actor - I will not be able to log in fast enough (and hopefully, Quinns will have their customisations).

I don't know what the schedule is for new date nights.  Doesn't make sense that they'll stop releasing them, but we'll see.

At this point it's been so long without any actual in-game Quinn action that anything they do, voice not needed, will be welcome. 

I'll even take a 'sorry no time for dating' letter.